- Text Size +
Chapter 5







They all stood back, sweaty and out of breath. They had been digging small holes for hours while La’Toya told the others what Alladen had told her.

“What’s this have to do with digging holes though?” inquired Cole.

“I don’t know, I just know he was at least going to get us away from here.”

They nodded.

Hearing a noise other then one any of them made, they all looked up to see Tony coming there way.

“Hey kiddies. Bet you’re tired. Come on.” Tony said it all quickly and turned and walked away. Obviously expecting them to follow but not really caring.

They all immediately got up quickly and followed. Cole noticed Nick walking a little tightly.

“Nick? What’s wrong?” she whispered.

“Nothing, I just gotta pea.”

“Your sugar’s high ain’t it?”

“Probably is. I brought my insulin with me from the house and I still got it. Just I only got a couple of injections. You know, just in case.”

Cole nodded, “Maybe we’ll be back before you use both. Anything else?”

“Nah. Just gotta pea!” Nick yelled the last part so Tony could hear.

“Pea later. Walk now.”

“Pea later. How bout I pea in your-“

Cole elbowed him, “Shut up damn, Nick. Pea later.” He glared at her as he rubbed his side.

They all walked to a building a little smaller then the largest. It was where they’d be sleeping at. Bob was there, along with Steve, standing beside him. Steve looked very excited…

“I’ve never had a chance to explain exactly what you all are doing here, so I’ll explain now,” Bob started. “Digging hole are to plant a bit of corn. Ha! Yea right. Good joke huh? I ain’t tellin’ you brats what this is about. You’re just here to help, willingly or unwillingly. Why you? Well, 3 strong girls and a strong boy. You’re very strong kids. Right when I saw you,“ he gestured toward Nick, “I knew you were the type of kid I wanted. You had that politeness and then suddenly you lost it. Cute kid riding his bike not paying any attention. Then a van pulls in front of him. He’s sorry for nothing then he’s really sorry and finds himself hit over the head with a piece of wood. Huh, you’re been hit over the head a lot haven’t you, but your still fightin’. Yep. Then she runs in,” he gestured toward La’Toya, “She got busted up too. Little girl tryin’ to take own grown men? Don’t make me laugh. Then…” he looked at Cole and Monique, “You ladies come. At first I wasn’t so sure then I heard the name Nick. Wow, she yelled that! I chose yall cause yall was obviously strong-willed and strong. Them other kids, ick.” Bob started laughing.

“So you chose us cause we strong? Wasn’t them other kids strong? Why’d you choose them in the first place then? Any why’d you return them but not us?” La’Toya frowned. It was weird.

“Yea they were strong, just yall were stronger. Didn’t get them to the trucks before we noticed they was too terrified. Yall wasn’t, you fought back.” Bob stopped to let it all sink in.

“So…”Nick spoke up, “If I hadn’t of kicked him or Toya hadn’t of talked back, we wouldn’t be here?”

Bob nodded, “It’s all your fault, see? Not her fault, but yours Nick. You pissed me off.”

Cole choked back a sob. Monique turned away. La’Toya glared at the ground.

“You can’t do that! You’re the one that’s a kidnapper! You kidnapped us! It’s not my fault.” Nick’s voice cracked at the end.

“You keep telling yourself that. Tell yourself that while you’re in the room with Steve. You got your own damn self there. Shoulda kept your mouth shut.”

All of the girls gasped. Steve smiled a big, wide smile and Tony laughed.

“You’re sending me in a fucking room with him? You have got to be fucking shitting me!”

“Nope. I’m sure it’s happened to you, what with the way you look and all.”

“Yea, you are a very beautiful kid Nick, can’t wait to see you under them clothes…” Steve stepped towards him.

“Steve…” Bob warned.

Steve stopped and stepped back.

“Anyway, that’s later, now…this is where you’ll be sleeping. Nice good old beds in there. It’s almost done- oops, almost said a little too much there. It’s better then where you eat. Much happier then where Nick will be going. For all of you, where you’ll be going if you get in trouble is the pb.”

“Peanut butter? Cool.”

Bob glared at Nick, “No. I’ll let you go in here to get situated and let Nick anticipate his journey with Steve. Have fun!”

They all stepped in and the door was slammed. Lights came on.

“Nick, Steve’s a fucking pervert,” La’Toya quickly said before anyone could say anything else.

“Really? Oh I didn’t know that! Thanks Toy. Thanks for telling me.”

“La’Toya gave him the finger.

“Nick, do you have your insulin?”

“Oh shit………yea.” Nick smiled.

Cole rolled her eyes, “Give it to me so I can give you a quick injection.”

“They didn’t take it? Talk about being some dumbass kidnappers. Not that it’s bad they didn’t take it just that-“ Monique decided to stop talking.

“Thanks Mo. Now I have to pea again. If I pull down my pants then I’ll probably pea-“

“Nick shut up and just let me do this real quick, damn.” Cole grabbed Nick’s arm and pulled him over. “When’s the last time you took it anyway? Don’t even answer…” She quickly drew the insulin and told him to pull down his pants real quick.

“I can’t like put no alcohol on or anything? I have to take the pain straight? Man this is-“ Before he could finish Cole gave him the shot. “Ow! You coulda warned me, damn! That hurt!” Nick rubbed his right butt cheek. “Shoulda did it in my side or something…”

“Gets there faster through to butt cheek.” All the girls said in unison. Nick and Cole’s mom would say it a lot although it wasn’t really true. He would sometimes take his shot through his butt cheek when he didn’t know what time it was or when he felt fine but needed to take the insulin either way. Not only to Nick but to herself also for she was diabetic too. Both with Type 1. They both hated it.

“Got it through the butt and now I’m gonna get it through the butt again, yay.” Nick muttered.

“It is sorta true what Bob said.” Nick’s head whipped around to look at Cole; she hurried on, “I mean, you are a trouble-maker. I’m not sayin you got us into this and that you deserve that you’re gonna get just that, either way, wrong place, wrong time. It seems like it’s in your blood. To make trouble and pay for it, whether it’s your fault or not.”

Nick opened his mouth to say something when the door opened and in walked Steve. He looked at Nick, smiling.

“Sup kiddies? Come on my favorite kiddo. That’s you Nick.” Steve grabbed Nick’s arm and pulled him away.

“Yea, Cole. Right. Not in a sarcastic way either.” Nick quickly smiled at all of them as he was pulled out the door. It slammed shut. The lights went out. They then heard Nick yell, “Clap on, clap off!”

The girls smiled at each other and clapped their hands. The lights came on revealing only them. They didn’t say a word. It was quiet without Nick there.

***

Steve pulled Nick along. He wasn’t struggling, just walking very slowly. Steve was ready to go, practically running.

“Let’s go, damn it boy. We- I don’t have the damn time for this.” Steve jerked Nick’s arm.

“You got all the time in the world, damn, settle down. And what the hell you tryin’ to do? Jerk my-“

“No, I don’t have all the time in the world. And you can help me jerk off…” Steve smiled down at Nick. He looked away.

“No, no, look. It’s nice and big. Perfect for your mouth and you’re a-“ Steve’s hand traveled downwards from Nick’s arm as he started to slow down. They had been walking/running for about ten minutes at that point. To Nick they were in the middle of nowhere.

Nick jerked away out of his grasp, “You have a very dirty mind. First, I would never wanna see…that. Second, you ain’t puttin’ nothing in my mouth or my-“

“Don’t say it! Well, I do have to settle down a little. I mean, it is only you, me and Alladen out here.”

“What?”

“You get to bury Alladen. Let me tell you-“

“I ain’t burying nobody! You bury him! You killed him!” Nick turned away.

He was suddenly tackled from behind and soon Steve was on top of him, “Look, I didn’t kill him, Bob killed him. Second, you will bury him, it’s your fucking punishment, if you don’t-“ Bob grunted as he rolled off of Nick. “What the hell? Boy,-“

Nick scrambled up, “Fuck you! My punishment? Punishment for what? I didn’t do shit-“

Steve grabbed him and pulled him down, “There you go with that didn’t do shit, shit again. Remember how much trouble it got you in the first time you said it?” Steve laughed softly then pressed his hard body against Nick’s struggling one, he moaned. “Oh I hope you do fuck this digging up cause then you are mine.”

Nick froze, “What? If I bury him you won’t do nothing?”

Steve stopped and looked at him, “Not particularly. If you do everything I tell you say then I won’t mess with you. If you don’t, I have ‘messing’ rights.”

“For how long?” Nick had started to wiggle out from under Steve. Steve let him yet touched him wherever he could.

“As long as I want.”

To Nick, either way he was screwed.

He crawled a few feet away from Steve and looked himself over to make sure there were not scratches. No scratches. A shovel was thrown and hit him in the arm. Before he could react, a large heavy object was thrown his way also. It was Alladen’s body. Nick let out a yell and shoved the body off of him.

“Get to diggin’ beautiful. Got all night. Not that you need it or anything.”

Nick picked up the shovel and glared at Steve. He stuck it in the ground and started to dig. It was about 5 minutes before Steve came up behind him and rubbed into him. Nick pulled away and stopped digging.

“That’s one strike against you Nick. You do what you’re supposed to do. I do what I want. If you had any fucking attention span at all then you’d know that.”

“Well, how am I supposed to fucking dig while you’re all up against me? No wonder you can’t get none. And no wonder none of the others-“

“Shut up! That’s two strikes!” Steve turned and walked away a few steps, “Oh and if I pull down your pants, you better keep digging or else I’m a fuck you up your ass right then and there!”

Nick rolled his eyes and just started digging, “This is so stupid. Dumbass motherfucker. Touch one of them and I’m gonna break his neck. Fuck me up my ass, my foot’ll be up his. I’ll play his stupid ass game. But if he hurts me or one of them, he’s dead.” Nick grumbled under his breath. Steve didn’t hear a word.

“You know Nick, I’ve had many threesomes in my life, how about another?”

Nick ignored him.

It had been an hour or so before the hole was almost complete. Nick started to push the body into it’s grave when Nick noticed some sort of metal hanging out of the corpse’s pocket. Carefully, Nick pushed the body to one side so that he could get a better look. It was a knife!

“Oh my go-sh.” Nick thought to himself. It took no time at all for him to conjure up his scheme. Grabbing hold of the wooden end, he slowly pulled it out. He looked over his shoulder, Steve was picking his nose.

“Typical butthead.” He silently mouthed. Without a second thought, he sprinted toward the path. Steve looked up just as Nick was passing. He grabbed his waist and took him down to the ground. Steve desperately tried to pin Nick. “It’s a lost cause!” Nick yelled.

“Oh really?”

“Really,” Nick pulled the knife as fast as his hand would allow and made a nice deep slash one the side of Steve’s face. Scrambling to his feet, he ran back down the way they had come, not daring to stop or look back. It was completely dark now and Nick had trouble seeing. Where, by the way, was Steve? He came to the end of the path and halted- which way were the girls? Maybe they’re still in the sleep place? He tried to think of where it was yet came up with a blank.

There was a crash behind him and Nick jerked around just in time to see Steve hauling some kind of big machinery right at him. Or maybe it was just a gun? Nick couldn’t tell the difference.

He veered left and tried to find the slightest slue to where his sister and the others could possibly be.

There was a small cabin like place not to far ahead and Nick took off for it. Only a few feet away from the cabin, he heard Steve yell, “Come on Nicky! It’s my turn to have fun, time up!”

“Yeah, for you!” Nick yelled back, coming to the door.

***

The girls all sat in the PB eyeing each other. Each one was blaming another.

“Cole, if only you told Nick to shut his dang mouth in the first place, none of this would of-“ started Monique.

“Happened?” Cole cut in.

“Don’t start y’all!” La’Toya came in.

“I’m sick of you blaming me for this crap!” Cole

“It’s your fault!”

Cole stood up to her full 5’5 height. “You know Monique; say one more thing about me and my fist is going upside your head!”

“Well, ya better have a pillow, for when you drop on your head.”

“We’ll see who drops on their ass.” Monique threw her fist right at Cole’s mouth. For a moment, Cole thought she could black out. Yeah, right. Blood oozed from the corner of her mouth. She wiped it away. “Bitch!”

Cole attempted to smash Monique into the wall, but La’Toya finally stepped in, using her speed and strength to pull the two apart.

“You two are really something.” La’Toya said after finally getting them to part. “We’re in the fucked up situation and y’all are dumb enough to start fighting. Dang, y’all friends, don’t do this to each other.”

“Well, friends don’t betray each other either.” Cole rang in.

“What?” Monique.

“Think about it, it was only 3 of us there when Alladen told us the plan.”

“So?”

“So,” she went on, “It’s so clear, Monique told on Alladen so that she could see us all get punished and she could save her own skin. Yeah Monique. I know your secret!”

“Oh, that’s right Cole, blame me. You better bump that square up!” In two seconds they were on the floor wrestling.

La’Toya gave up and walked to the window. It was there that she saw it. She blinked and it was clear. Nick was on the run! “Guys!” she yelled over her shoulder. NO answer. She turned around right in to see Cole punch Monique square in the eye.

“Seriously y’all.” Still no answer. “Guys, the men are just out side.” They ignored her. “Shut up!” They were still going at it. She glanced back at the window and saw Nick pulling at the handle of some sort of cabin as Steve came speeding into sight. They had to help. “Well, desperate times cause for desperate measures.” She said to herself. Looking around the small room, she came upon a wooden chair, walking across the room, she picked it up and slammed it to a pole. To her surprise the men were still outside. (As far as she knew, they were getting drunk.) The girls froze, Cole poised over Monique in mid-swing. “Get off me!” Monique yell and kicked Cole off. She stumbled to her feet and glared back. The room filled with silence, La’Toya looked insulted and frustrated, almost on the verge of trees.

“Friends don’t treat each other like this,” she repeated and shook her head. “Look.” All three girls walked to the window. By this time Nick was safe away from Steve inside. Steve acting like the big bad wolf and trying to get inside.

“What’s he doing?” Cole asked.

“Nick’s inside, I don’t know about yall but I’m ready to get out of this crap.” La’Toya said.

“What are we supposed to do’?” They all said in unison. Then they gave each other a nasty look.

“Well, there’s a chair right there and a window right here…and maybe a back door to that cabin.” With their minds made up, they came busting out of the window and sprinting toward the back door. By this time, they caught Bob, Tony, and Steve’s attention.

“What the hell the doin’?” Tony mumbled as he stood up from his pad on the ground.

“Shit Steve!” Bob yelled in frustration. He reached for his gun in his belt.

“You ain’t shootin’ them is you? Cause they gotta-“

“Hell no! I’m just gonna scare ‘em…” Bob said while cocking the gun. He raised it to the air and shot.

The girls immediately dropped to the ground, halfway to the cabin.

“Shit, I ain’t know they was gonna shoot!” La’Toya grumbled, then jumped as she heard another gunshot.

“Let’s just stay on the ground for a little while and wait till the runs out of bullets or something…” Monique mumbled.

“No! That’s like, the stupidest thing anyone could do! Especially us!” La’Toya yelled at her. Cole stayed quiet. There were more gunshots heard.

“Well you got any better ideas?” Monique shot back.

“Yea, let’s just crawl away or something…”

“Yea, see?”

“Guys, they ain’t shootin’ at us.” Cole cut in.

“Yea well, they shootin’.”

“But they ain’t shootin’ at us!”

“So? They still-“ Monique was cut off by a whole different voice.

“We ain’t shootin’ no more. Got you.” Tony laughed.

***

“You might as well come out cause I’m gonna get you anyway!” Steve yelled.

Nick stumbled in the dark cabin, searching for any source of light. He felt a light switch. He quickly flicked it on the opposite direction but nothing happened.

“Damn it.” Nick mumbled. He immediately started searching again. He found something that felt like a drawer and opened it. He reached in, “Ah shit! What the hell?” Nick yelled falling back. He heard hissing as he backed away, “Crap. Man, what the hell- shit snakes!” Nick’s hand found the door and he- not knowing it was where Steve was in his terror- opened it and fell out onto Steve.

“Haha, that’s what I thought you little brat.” Steve grunted as Nick’s body slammed into him.

“Fuck!” Nick immediately tried to run but Steve kept a firm hold on him.

“Remember our deal Nick? If you don-“ Steve was cut off by Bob hauling him off Nick.

Nick stopped and squinted into the darkness. He could see 5 figures standing, two taller, the other three- “Cole?”

Cole’s head jerked upwards towards Nick’s voice, as did La’Toya’s and Monique’s.

“Are you guys okay? Nick inquired, starting to make his way towards them.

Cole bit her lip to keep from crying out, “Yea Nick, we okay. Are you okay?”

Nick nodded although they could barely see. “Did I miss something? You sound sorta…depressed.”

“It’s fine, leave it alone,” Monique hissed.

“My point exactly,” Nick hissed back.

The three men just watched the interaction quietly.

“What’s your point?” Monique stepped forward.

“What happened with y’all?” Nick mumbled, stepping back.

Monique rolled her eyes and looked towards Cole, “Cole, I’m really sorry for blaming you. It isn’t even your fault. Nick got us into all this crap.”

“Mo’!” La’Toya cried.

“Wait, how the hell did I get us into this? I didn’t do-“

“There you go with that didn’t do shit, shit again Nick. How many times has that gotten you in trouble now? A lot?” Bob smirked, glad they were fighting. No more protecting each other then.

Monique smirked, “My point exactly. You can’t keep your fucking mouth shut ever! Selfish bastard.”

“Well,” Bob smiled, rubbing his hands together with glee, “I see we have some tension going on here huh?” He laughed softly, “Go on a take Nick Steve. Do whatever but he better be able to work in the morning.”

Steve immediately grabbed Nick’s arm “Let’s go Nicky. We gonna have some fun…” he laughed, pulling Nick away.

None of the girls moved. Not one said a word.

Nick’s voice yelled back, “I still got yall’s backs, even if you don’t got mine!”






AN: Hola. Been awhile huh? Yea well, Phaedra got writers block.....she tore off a piece of the chapter and took her awhile to give it to me. What did I do? Pushed her. So, next chapter, hopefully up in about a month. lol