- Text Size +
The restaurant Nick had chosen was little and nice. Nothing fancy like the ‘’Pearl’’. No one was lurking around, but still Barbara couldn’t gather herself. I just shouldn’t have kissed him!!! But he was so close... I wanted to do it so badly.

Nick watched her, not saying a word. He knew that something worried her, but he wanted to wait till she speaks up. The silence was too heavy for him, so he started to talk.
‘’If you don’t like this place, just tell me...We could go anywhere else or do whatever you’d want to...’’’He said slowly, carefully choosing every word he said.
‘’No, I like this place...the food is just wonderful’’ she tried to sound cheerful, yet she felt it didn’t came across as cheerful as she thought it would.
‘’So then you are just really tired...and I’m being so selfish...’’
‘’How come you are selfish? I wanted to see you, too...’’
‘’You know, the whole morning I was like lost... I just couldn’t wait till its 3pm to call you...I wanted at least hear your voice...’’he tried to catch her eyes, and at one moment she looked at him. He’s so sweet! The girl who’ll get him will be so happy...

She continued to look at him and dared to look into his brilliant blue eyes. But right now he’s here with me...
‘’I know I’m maybe not fitting into your ‘’boyfriend standard’’, but I’ll promise I’ll try...’’’
Barbara almost dropped her fork out of her hand. ’’How do you don’t fit in? You seem even too perfect to me...I wish I could have you as my boyfriend...’’
‘’Why wish?’’
‘’Because someone like you would never really want to be with me...’’ Barbara sighed heavily, looking down at her plate.
‘’You don’t have to wish...just tell me that you want to be with me and...I’ll be yours...’’he wanted to take her hand, but he wasn’t fast enough.

She swiftly stood up and wanted to walk away.
‘’Where are you going?’’ he whispered, feeling helpless again.
She didn’t answer anything; she just headed for the exit. I can’t be with him. I don’t deserve him. I don’t want to feed myself with false dreams...Why did I come today?

He hoped that she would turn around and come back, but all his hopes vanished as he heard how the front door closed.

Barbara didn’t know where she is going. She just runs again. Away from the truth...the truth that she wants him...she knew that she’s now somewhere in Central London, but she didn’t know where exactly she was. But she didn’t care. Aimlessly, she walked forward one block but then she felt so powerless that she just leaned against a brick wall and cried. Tears were streaming down her eyes, she didn’t care about that.

Nick paid the bill in the restaurant and run out to the street. He tried to call her cell phone, but it was dead. He didn’t know where she could’ve gone, so he just ran forward. After a little run he saw her, leaning against a wall, her back turned to the street. Just be careful now...you don’t want to mess everything...
Nick stepped closer to her, put his hand on her shoulder. She didn’t move, but he could hear that she was crying quietly. It was so hurting for him to hear that she was crying...so he turned her around so that she was facing him. She tried to get out of his arms, but he just pulled her closer. She knew that there is no need to protest. He gently wiped away the tears from her face and waited to see her reaction. She lowered her eyes, because she was too scared. Scared that her dreams are becoming real. Nick wasn’t like the artificial and superficial Devon. Nick cared about her. And this discovery did scare her the most. Am I ready to feel how someone cares about me?

He cupped her face, then kissed her cheek, moving from it to her lips.
She answered the kiss shyly, but soon backed off.
‘’Why did you come and look for me?’’
‘’Because I won’t let you go so easily...I want to be with you...’’
She hugged him closer and buried her head into his chest.

So they stood there, lost in the moment and only let go of each other as rain started to fall...
‘’Barbara dear, do you want to stay in the rain?’’

She was first confused where she was. She didn’t know that the pill mix in the even had affected her senses. All she realized now was that it was raining now and that, in a mysterious way, she’s back in his arms. What had happened before, she could only remember blurry.

He saw that she was still affected by her emotions so he just took her hand and led her fast through the rain. For a second she stopped.
‘’Where are we going?’’
‘’To my hotel...its just two blocks away now...we need to hurry up, the rainfall gets heavier.’’
The rain fell more and more heavy. It was like someone had opened a sluice over London. The streets got filled with water and their clothes were also soaking wet.

As they got into the lobby of Savoy, all were staring at them. Sure, it was a really unusual for all those rich people to see someone soaking wet from the rain...they didn’t even notice that it rains outside.

Barbara was terrified. What will they all think? I look like a bum! Nevertheless, she gripped Nick’s hand more firmly. He felt that she was afraid of something, so he full with confidence, slung his arm around her waist and went to the elevator with her.

‘’That was a nice run, wasn’t it?’’ he said, turning around to the mirror in the elevator.
‘’But how did the folks in the lobby stare at us...’’ she sighed.
‘’Never mind them, baby...’’ he came closer to her and run his fingers through her wet hair.
‘’When I’m with you I don’t care about anyone around...’’’
‘’It’s always so surprising for me when I’m with you...the last time since I ran through the rain was...when I was 10?’’
‘’Really?’’ she looked at him and was moved. How can he be just so...sweet?
‘’And you make me feel...feel like a normal guy, not the teenybopper heartthrob...’’
‘’But I completely understand the girls...I bet if they knew how you really are...they would run after you 24/7...’’
‘’There is someone I’m still running for...’’

‘’Who?’’ She said, totally confused.
‘’The most amazing girl I’ve ever met...’’ he said dreamily. She lowered her eyes. I knew there is someone else.
‘’You are the only girl I’ve ever run for.’’

The elevator stopped. They got into the hall way and saw that there was only one door in this floor.
He opened the door with the keycard and let her in. She looked around and it took her only a few glances to know where she was. In the Presidential Suite. Devon always requested that I book only this type of suite, he was raging if there was something lower.
‘’So...how do you like it? Its just my room...nothing special...’’
She laughed. ‘’Nothing special? It’s the presidential suite...its absolutely the best hotel room available in London.’’
‘’Really? I just called the first hotel in the directory...I was wondering why there are so many pensioners...’’
‘’People are saving all life spending a holiday here, you silly boy. I better get you a towel. ‘’

She went to the nearest bathroom and he stood there, just perplexed. And maybe now she thinks I’m trying to brag for being rich...but I don’t...

She came back smiling. It is so nice for a time not to have to take care about everything. She toweled his wet hair and put the towel on his shoulders. Oh baby, you are driving me mad! You look so sexy...I could strip you right away.

Barbara straddled to the couch and took her purse. ‘’You better get yourself dry, I don’t want you to catch a cold...’’ He automatically obeyed and tried to dry himself. ‘’Or you change to dry clothes...’’
While he changed she looked into her purse and dug out her cell phone. The phone was dead. How I could’ve forgotten to charge it? She felt that it got colder because of the wet clothes...

Nick came out of the room changed into a new dry outfit and sat next to her on the couch.
‘’Nick can I use your phone?’’
‘’Sure...why do you need it?’’
‘’I need to call my driver...my cell phone is dead and...’’
‘’Why don’t you just stay tonight here? I mean there won’t happen anything you don’t want to...and its still raining outside...I couldn’t let you leave and go into the dark and rainy world alone...’’
His voice sounds so comforting...and I don’t wanna leave either...so I’ll stay...he even asked me to stay...

‘’So I can stay?’’
‘’I want you to stay...’’
She looked again into his eyes and saw sincerity in them. I hope he doesn’t say that to every girl...and even if...now he’s here with me.

‘’So I just get my wet clothes off...and you....’’she looked at him, and saw that he was stunned. What is he thinking now? Did I say something suggestive? What if he liked what I said?

She unknotted the scarf from her neck and took of the wet and cold jacket. She threw the things on the couch and swiftly moved to the bathroom.

Nick was kinda happy that she didn’t turn around and see how he was drooling at her. Why is she so provokingly sexy? Does she know how teasing her little move was?

Barbara took of the wet clothes and took a quick shower after it she realized that she has to keep on her underwear, which would probably dry fast; she didn’t want to look too suggestive. She put on the hotel bathrobe and got back to the living room.

‘’Feeling warmer now, baby?’’ he said, getting up from the couch, coming forward to her. She just passed him, not looking at him and sat down in the corner of the couch.

Nick didn’t want to leave any moment unused. He sat down right next to her, looked at her thoughtful face. She’s just so cute. And not only that...I want her...and if only she’d want me so badly...
He leaned closer to her and cupped her face. ‘’What does my princess think now?’’
She looked at him, realizing where she was. She gazed at him for a time and wasn’t sure if everything what she sees is real. Is he really here or am I only dreaming again? I have to prove it...
She pulled him nearer and kissed him on the lips. He had not expected that move from her, but as he had wanted it so badly he just followed her pace and kissed her back. I just can’t get enough of her. C’mon, baby, keep on doing it!!!

The kiss went on more and more intense. She was leaning closer and closer to him; her hands were sliding over his back. He thought that she has loosened her inner tensions so he wanted to show off the bathrobe from her shoulders, because he craved to touch her bare skin.
As she felt him caressing her back and playing with the laces of her bra she suddenly realized what she was doing. I can’t do this...again...I’m whoring myself onto him.