- Text Size +
For a short moment she considered continuing this passionate game, but more and more, the moral teaching came to her mind again. But with his every kiss she tried to push away the morals. The harder she tried to forget, but she felt herself more tensing up as the bathrobe had almost reached the floor.

Nick felt her tension and he remembered what he had heard her saying in the car on the way back from Nottingham. This time I have to be careful. I know I want her so badly, but I have to make her forget regretting...about what she’s done to me...I have to show her that I care more...

As hard as it for him was, he stopped the kiss and looked in her eyes. Just like he had predicted, her eyes were doubt filled.
‘’Baby, listen...you don’t have to go on if you’re not sure how you’ll feel after it...’’
‘’Nick, I...’’she tried to explain, but he silenced her.
‘’I want you to know that I am not going to expect from you any explanations. I want you, and have always wanted from the first day I saw you. And you have the right to be unsure about what you want...’’
‘’And now you’re going to be mad at me...’’she whispered, knowing that she just can’t hold back the tears. I’m the craziest girl he was ever with...I don’t deserve even to be here...

Nick put the robe back on her shoulders and hugged her tightly. ‘’I didn’t want to make you cry, baby...I just want to be here with you...’’
She sniffed silently and tried to breathe again normally. He wiped away the tear stains from her eyes, smiling at her. ‘’I’m not mad at you...it’s enough for me to have you here...’’
‘’And you don’t want me closer?’’
‘’I want you...it’s just that I want to make you happy when I’m with you, not doubt-filled...’’
‘’Do you really mean what you say?’’
‘’Yes, I do mean...you’re the most amazing girl I’ve ever met...you never play...you are so real...and you make me feel...so normal...not the teenybopper star...and you...you are not like the other rich girls...you have a personality...’’
‘’And I’m eating with it your nerves...’’ she said, having a shy smile.

‘’You are making me feel human...I feel that you want me, not my media image...’’
‘’Nicky...you are the only man I had ever wanted so badly...that’s why I’m so afraid to do something wrong...’’
‘’You can’t do anything wrong by wanting me....just feel free to show it...’’
‘’How can you be so perfect?’’
‘’I’m not nearly perfect...I just want to be with you so I guess the first step is to understand you...’’
‘’I feel like we’ve been together for so long....’’
‘’Maybe in our past lives?’’ he joked. ‘’But seriously.... it feels like we’ve been together for much longer.... ‘’

Barbara was amazed how Nick could ease the situation and make everything appear as not a big deal. Devon had never done something like this. He was always cold and rough to me. She remembered one really painful happening.
One night Devon came into her bedroom and demanded to have sex. She said she doesn’t want to, but he didn’t listen. He slapped her in the face and tore her nightgown up. She cried and begged him to stop, but he didn’t listen. So she just let it happen. Why? Because she was even a bit sure that that’s the way it has to be. She was taught that ‘’impure’’ sex is painful, and there she had the proof. But now she knew that it’s all about passion...to want someone...and this feeling was new to her. It feels so good to be with Nick...and not only in bed... he has showed so much care for me. I always read about it in some romance novels and wished I could have it that way, too...Now I can have it...he’s within reach. I’ll try...no matter what my mother says!

Nick was sitting next to her; the distance between them was less than a foot. Looks like she’s thinking now...I hope I did everything right. I really wish she would start to want me as badly as I do. He felt that she’s looking at him, so he turned and smiled at her. She looked at him and felt so...safe. He has not hurt me...he is being so good to me...and I’m happy to be with him here...he’s not only so beautiful...he has a wonderful character...

He felt that now it’s the right moment to ease the situation even more. ‘’I think we need some thing to eat. Do you agree?’’ She started to feel hungry, because she had barely eaten something in the restaurant.
‘’Yes, I’d like to have something...’’
He handed her the hotel’s restaurant menu.
‘’Wow, looks like you like French cuisine...’’
‘’Actually, I’m confused by all the unreadable names...yesterday I got some little fried legs....and...’’
‘’It turned out to be frog legs?’’
‘’Exactly...so I’m afraid that next I’ll get steam cooked cockroaches with slug sauce... I don’t trust the menu’’
‘’Would you like something else? Not from the menu?’’ To be allowed to kiss you again...or make you want me without feeling guilty. He composed himself.
‘’I’d like something from McDonald’s...’’
She chuckled as she heard him say that. ‘’Who said to the press that is eating right and healthy?’’
‘’I did...did you do research about me?’’ he tried to act surprised.
‘’I just wanted to know what you’ve been doing recently...and there were some really nice pictures...’’
‘’Did you like them?’’ he said, trying to look so extra cute.
‘’Yes, I did.’’ she said, looking at him.
‘’So you admit drooling over my pics?’’
‘’Well...I have to confess...it feels better to look at you now...you are so perfect...I think it was a good idea to stay...’’
‘’You know it means a lot to me that you’re here...I feel needed...’’
‘’You know I need you...but I also know that you are starving right now...So order your McDonald’s.’’
‘’I though you want me to eat healthy?’’ he teased her.
‘’’First, I don’t want to set you any rules, you're not a dog’’ she laughed when he made that puppy look again. ‘’And I haven’t eaten anything from this restaurant for years...it’ll be fun to taste it...but you order whatever you want!’’
‘’Wow...thanks...so you really want to eat?’’
‘’No, I want to have one single piece of lettuce!’’ she laughed and playfully threw a pillow at him.
‘’I’ll go order. But you’ll have to eat what I ordered...’’
‘’Was that a threat? I liked what you chose in Nottingham...’’
‘’You remember that?’’
‘’I can’t forget it...you made me feel special...like a fairy tale’’
‘’That is no fairy tale...I feel that you’re the special someone I had been looking for...’’
‘’But it ain’t easy for you. You are so patient with me...it seems so unreal to me...’’
‘’I didn’t think I’m so unreal...I’m right here with you...can’t you feel that?’’

He gently took her hand and looked into her eyes, trying to see what she feels. A small tingle ran through her. This small and innocent gesture was so impressive to her. Why can he always manage to make things simple?
‘’Nicky...’’she said softly, cupping his face with her free hand. ‘’I feel that you’re here...it’s just too good to be true.’’ Nick felt special at this moment. None of the girls he had been with before had so much savored a moment with him. And this moment was unlike all the other had he experienced. He is holding the hand of a girl he had known for such a short while, but he already felt so attached. And he knew why. I need her and she needs me...when we’re together we can be ourselves...and it’s been long since I could be myself.