- Text Size +
‘’Is this place free?’’
‘’Sure...’’Actually, she didn’t care so she didn’t look at the person who sits down at the table. She felt that he’s looking at her and then, all of sudden, he started the conversation.

''My name's Nick, and what's your name?''
''Nice to meet you, but I don't see a significant reason why you should know my name...'' She took a fast glimpse at the stranger...I think that I’ve seen him somewhere...but where?
She looked up to the stranger. It wasn't really usual for brits to start a conversation so easily. Somehow, his face seemed familiar, but she didn't remember where she could've seen him. Maybe he was just like everyone else? He smiled at her and she noticed that he had something so charming that she just couldn't hold herself and smiled back.

''Why do I want to know your name? Maybe I would like to get to know you?
'' It's just so unusual for London...I mean; people here start a conversation about weather, not so personally...''
''Well, maybe I'm not usual...''
''Sure, you are. But, if you're trying to sell me something or will tell me how scientology helped you, I'm sorry, not interested......''
He was confused. Is she really trying to turn me down? Obviously, she hasn't recognized me. Well, but it's somehow different when someone's not trying to strip you right now. Well, I got to try something different.
''You know, I'm not trying to sell anything to you. It’s just usual that where I come from to approach people directly...''
Goodnessshe thought. Why is he still so assertive? I admit, he looksreally cute and I know I'm really weak with cute guys...
''So... where do you come from?''
He smiled lucidly and was a really happy that she didn't send him off.
''I actually live in LA, but sometimes in Florida Keys...'' Her face clouded. IShe remembered her ex-boyfriend from LA. Oh, what an idiot he was! Her mood was down instantly.

''So, should I be impressed? I know that lots of arrogant people live in LA. And most of them suppose that they are already famous once when they've stepped foot in this city...'' He perceived that she have had probably an ex-boyfriend there, because he saw that she was intentionally not looking at him.
''I promise that I'm not arrogant. And in case I become like that remind me what I've promised you...''
Whoa, this was a really unusual sentence...Although it was so unrealistic, it was yet so sweet.
''It's usual for you to meet girls like this?''
''No, I'm quite shy....''
''Really? I thought that you're very self-confident. How did you figure out to approach me?''
''I packed up all my bravery and just tried...But it looks like I didn't try hard enough....’’ His face got obviously sad. So she thoughtWhy couldn't I tell him what he asked?
''Ok, Ok, I'll tell you my name. My name's Barbara''
''That's a really nice name. Maybe we could now start a ''usual conversation''?

‘’So you want to talk about weather?’’
‘’Well, not really, but I have to do it to keen the conversation on, I’ll do it.
‘’How can you be so sweet? Well, say whatever you want...’’She was really surprised that she could say something like this. IShe was usually very distant, but he was so mesmerizing that she wasn’t controlling herselfself. What’s going on with me?
‘’I don’t want to be nosy...but weren’t you recently mentioned in Forbes? Yeah, I remember there was picture of you...’’
‘’Yes...And what? Does it matter?’’
‘’I just thought how such a beautiful girl can be a business shark. You own these VICTIM stores...right?’’
‘’Right, it’s called FASHION VICTIM and it has two sub categories HEAVEN and PARADISE....What are you doing for a living?
‘’I’m in a band. And I work in an environment foundation, too. I have a question....I don’t know if I’m allowed to ask it...’’
‘’Just try.’’
‘’Are...are you single?’’ He ducked a little, because he thought that she would start to shout or do something like this. First, she was upset how he could be so gutsy, but then she realized that he was right. I’m really very single at the moment.
‘’You’re right. I’m single.’’ Ihe lowered her eyes and looked at her coffee cup. Why did I say this to a complete stranger? Have I lost my mind?
Nick looked at her and felt sorry for her. He knew how she felt, because he had been single for a long time. Yes, he was now single.
‘’You know, I’m single too. People think that a backstreet boy is never single, but it’s wrong.
‘’Wait, you’re from the Backstreet Boys?’’
‘’Yes, that’s right...’’
‘’But then you’ve got so many fans...lots of folks to choose from...’’
‘’But they all don’t take me serious. They think that I’m something in-between God and a doll...’’
‘’Really? And I’ve got the impression that most of my prospective Romeos want not me, but the money...’’
‘’Well, I’m not interested in your money, but I have to confess that I’m interested in your person...What do you think about me?’’
‘’You’re the first who talked to me like I was normal...you talked to me so that I’d want to believe you saw something interesting in me...’’
‘’I’m usually very shy, because I don’t know what someone would want from me...and I thought...I thought that I just had to talk to you...’’
‘’Why?’’
‘’The picture from the magazine was so great that it kept on looming around my thoughts. It was because I don’t usually read this magazine, I was waiting for an interview, and there were a few magazines and I was just looking through them as I stopped at your picture...first I thought it was an image of a model, but then I read what was said under it...’’
‘’This sound like a fairy tale...’’
‘’The problem was that I couldn’t stop thinking about this picture, that might sound very silly, but I decided to book a ticket to London to get rid of these thoughts...I arrived yesterday evening, stayed at the Savoy and studied a city guide...and so I got here, to Notting Hill...maybe because this is such a famous district...I walked along a little, then came near this café...and saw you...at first I was a little confusedabout what to do, but then I just tried...now I sound like a fool...’’He lowered his eyes and smiled at her a little guilty...Was this really true what he said? What if it was? Could something like this be possible? And even if it’s not true, it’s still the sweetest lie I’ve heard since along time.
‘’You don’t sound like a fool. It’s just so unbelievable. But somehow I like this story. Yes...I’d even like to be the one searched for...’’
He just had to smile. Maybe he’s got some real chances to get her? Well, it would be great because he’d never met such a unique girl.