- Text Size +
‘’We’re finally here. I want to see how amazed you get when you see where we are.’’
They got out of the car and she was really amazed when she saw their destination point.
‘’Wow, its Nottingham forest...but it takes at least three hours to get here...’’
‘’And so it did...we were driving for three hours...but it felt like it took only half an hour for me...’’
‘’And so it did for me...what will we exactly do here?’’

‘’Since I promised we’d do something active...we’ll make a mountain bike tour on that path in front of us...’’
‘’That’s a really good idea. You made so much effort for me...’’
‘’I didn’t do so much. It were the pixies, which live in this forest...look, they’ve placed the bikes for us!’’

‘’I want to see how sporty you are...’’she said taking her bike.
‘’So you’re challenging me?’’
‘’Yeah... ‘’
After a while racing through the forest they decided to slow down.
‘’I have to admit, you’re really sporty. I won’t challenge you anymore...because then I would be lost in the middle of this forest...and I don’t know the right way back...’’
‘’I would never do something like this....you know it is really bad behavior to leave your date in the middle of nowhere...’’
‘’Well, this calms me down... but I thought that you’re a bad boy...’’
‘’It depends on how you define ‘’bad boy’’... at least I know I’m not a nerd...’’he chuckled.
‘’I would say that I like bad boys... The definition? I think it is someone who is unpredictable, charming and...Irresistible...’’
‘’Would I fit in your definition?’’

Barbara couldn’t deny the fact that he did more than fit into her description... he was absolutely adorable...What if she could tell him directly what she thought? She was curious about his reaction.

‘’Wow, you’re nosy! But when I look at you... Honestly, you’re more than my description...you’re a role model for this definition...’’
Nick was so amazed by what she said that he almost fell from his bike, but at the last moment he managed to keep the balance. Barbara saw his little drift, but didn’t laugh.

As he got back to normal driving he asked ’’Could this mean that you like me?’’
‘’To be true, if I was completely disinterested in you I wouldn’t be here today...’’

Nick didn’t know what to say, he was speechless and yet felt victorious...So she likes me? That could lead to more than liking...but I won’t push her to more... only if she wants to...

Barbara worried if she had said something wrong. But as she saw Nick’s contented facial expression she calmed down.

After a few minutes cycling through the calm forest Nick started talk again ‘’At this point our cycling tour is over. But don’t worry, there is another surprise... I’m getting hungry now...’’
‘’But I don’t see any restaurants here...I’d like to eat something, too.’’
‘’The pixies heard our demand...We’ll leave the bikes here and walk farther by foot...It won’t be as far as yesterday though.’’

They walked on a small path and Barbara thought that it is the best date she ever was.
‘’How do you know where to go all the time? It seems magical...’’
‘’It’s pretty simple...there are signs all around and I studied yesterday the map a little...Didn’t you see the signs?’’
‘’What? No, I didn’t...I just followed you...’’
‘’So you can keep on doing so. I didn’t lead you to astray, right?’’
‘’Yes... I just have to tell you that it is the first time I’m having such a wonderful date...’’
‘’I’m really glad to hear that. You know that was my intention...’’

The path lead them to a pond with a plank-way. On the plank way was covered with a blanket and a basket was on it. Barbara was curious how this could be set in the middle of the forest so she proceed to the basket and saw a little note on it. ‘’Lunch for Nick& Barbara. From ‘’Little Pixie inc.’’ Enjoy’’

Nick came to her smiling and asked ‘’what does the note say?’’
‘’It is lunch...from the pixies!’’
‘’You see-never underestimate the power of a pixie in a fairy tale forest!’’he said, trying not to laugh.

‘’Now I’ll know it! It was true when you said that you’d bring me to a place where reality and fairy tales meet... I thought that it’s impossible...’’
‘’You see that every word I say is true...let us sit down and relax.’’
Barbara thought that this was the best date she ever had. He had made so many endeavors to make me feel needed. She caught a fast glimpse at their reflection in the water...what a picture perfect harmony!

After they had finished eating they were walking back to the car. The path was uneven so that at one moment Barbara stumbled and felt that she’s falling. Nick reacted in a second and caught her.

She felt so safe in his arms that she didn’t really want to be released again. He had expected that she would want to get out of his arms, but he was wrong. At this time being wrong made him happy.
‘’These forest paths can be a little dangerous. Should I hold you until we get to our car?’’
She didn’t answer the question; she just cuddled up to him. He took it as an accepting answer. He had secretly hoped that she would so easy lean closer to him, that she would trust him. And now it has happened. And this fine feeling was giving his heart such a warmth that he wished he’d never lose it.

‘’Where are we staying tonight?’’ she asked when they were in the car.
‘’The place is called Bolham Manor. It’s not a big hotel but a nice guest house. I think we don’t need any publicity from today, right?’’
‘’Oh, you’re the first one with whom I’m going out who doesn’t want any publicity. That is usually the goal of guys who want to go out with me...’’
‘’I’m so tired that every girl wants the publicity, not me. You understand me so good. Maybe it’s because our lives are quite alike...’’
‘’That could be a reason’’ she said and smiled at him.
God, but he's still so exceptional. Why is he here with me? What does he see in me?

The car stopped by a Victorian style manor. It was far away from the roads and a magical peace was all around it.
‘’So...do you like it here?’’
‘’Yes, it’s so nice. A good choice for staying.