- Text Size +
The beach was vacant and she loved it. It allowed her all the space she needed to be free to do whatever she wanted, even though she just planned on running. As she pressed the button to change songs on her MP3 player a smile came to her face as the music filled her ears.

Lately I’m alright
And lately I’m not scared
I’ve figured out,
That what you do to me feels like
I’m floating on air.


The upbeat sound of Mae’s Suspension only pushed her to run harder. She adored the soft sounds of their lighter melodies but the harmony of some of their faster hits motivated her to reach her last limit. As she took off sprinting as hard as she could,her surroundings transformed into a blur. No longer was she fixated on the clear waves crashing onto the shore, but she found herself focusing on the sand beneath her blue and white Nike runners. The tan coloured grains squished into the crevices of her wore out shoes. She focused on the line which separated the hot, dry sand from the newly moistened mud caused by the water splashing on top of it. Her feet were getting soaked and seemed to weigh her down the wetter they got. But she didn’t care. She was in too much of a daze and on too much of a role to stop now. Once she began running she hated to take breaks unless it was absolutely necessary. Her morning jog was the only time she felt could be in her own little world and clear her head of anything that was bothering her for the time being. Once she zoned into a peaceful frame of mind, she was not to come out until her run was over. Only then did she allow herself the time to take in the naturally dazzling scenery surrounding her. As the music changed from one Mae song to the next she found herself beginning to fall deeper and deeper into a trance, just trying to clear her head and let the outside world slip away. It seemed to be working as her body felt the relaxation it craved from the endurance she was experiencing. The endorphins were flowing like sparkling wine on a romantic evening and her problems just seemed to melt away with the beat of the music blasting into her delicate ears. As she neared the end of the beach she closed her eyes. This seemed safe as it was unoccupied and she needed just a moment to finalize her complete bliss. She knew the direction well and she turned the corner with her eyes still closed. With her body in the highest possible state of relaxation she slowly began to pull herself out her daze with her eyelids still tightly held together, only moments later to find her self being violently thrown onto the sand after crashing into a complete stranger.