- Text Size +
“Aww do I have to come with you Taylor?” whined Nick as the two of them stepped out the rusty black jeep and onto the busy sidewalk in front of the old brick building in front of them.
“Yes you do Nick. Remember, you promised earlier that you would and you are not gonna back done now man.”
“Yeah I know I promised you but that was before I actually thought that you were gonna make me do this. I don’t wanna do this.”
“Come on man, its not gonna be so bad. Well actually it might be but who cares. We’ll be outta here in an hour and then we can hit the beach or something.”
“Yeah I don’t know about that Tay, I had enough of the beach already today,” Nick revealed a little hesitant as he knew he would have to confess all the details to his best friend after giving a little bit of a teaser.
“What! You love the beach. Why don’t you wanna go there?” asked a very surprised Taylor.
“God man, do you have to know everything? You’re starting to get on my nerves!”
“Come on, you know you wanna tell me. Was it a girl? It was a girl wasn’t it.” He gazed upon his friend’s shy expression and could see Nick’s face start to blush uncontrollably as he tried to turn the other way. “I knew it! So what happened?” he asked eagerly awaiting the juicy details.
“Umm well it wasn’t what you think it was and I know how your sick mind works,” he chuckled. “Actually I kind of saved her life, I think.”
“What? Was she drowning?”
“Not exactly. See she was running down the beach and she ran into me and passed out because of the hard impact. She ended up with a bleeding nose so I helped her up and she went to wash herself off in the water and then she just collapsed again, face down into the waves. I had to pull her out and wake her up again. It was kind of scary you know?” Nick was getting himself worked up into aggravation just thinking about it.
“Whoa man it’s okay,” said Taylor as he brought his friend out of his daze and back to the current situation. “So what did she look like?”
“She was gorgeous man. Long blonde hair and big bright hazel eyes. Not to mention a body to die for,” he sighed.
“Wow that’s deep man. You were basically like her knight in shining armor,” Taylor laughed.
“I would hardly call a bleeding nose and a near run in with death a fairy tale buddy,” he argued, picturing their encounter in his mind.
“Very true, but she sounds awesome. So are you guys gonna see each other again?
“Ummm, not exactly. We introduced ourselves and then I offered to take her out for some coffee but she just sort of took off.” The disappointment was welling up in Nick’s throat.
“And you didn’t go after her because…?”
“I dunno man, she just seemed so guarded and I didn’t want to make a bad impression as some demanding guy in case we ever do run into each other again, you know?”
“Yeah I guess so. Come on Nick, lets go get this lesson over with before I start to back out too,” urged Taylor as the two friends opened the door to Fort Lauderdale Downtown Dance Studio and headed up the stairs to the studio upstairs.