- Text Size +
A week and a half went by and Nick hadn't called Alana. She knew he would call evenutally, but she didn't want to play the waiting game. I know he's working hard, but I just have to see him...

She had just finished another 12 hour day at Wal-Mart. It was Friday and she had taken the next few weeks off for vacation. She had plans to drive out to Orlando and see Nick. She didn't know why she was doing it, considering that she hardly ever went anywhere for him. Maybe I should go and see him more often? Or is this just an effect of the kiss?Yeah, he's an amazing kisser....

Alana had packed a suitecase and duffle bag the night before and put it in her car before she left for work. Nick always left her information before he left for extended periods of time. He always left her information of what hotel he was staying at, the phone number and certain places that he would be at during his stay. When Nick left her information this time, he left her the hotel, the room number, and the address of the studio. I think it's a good idea to go and see him. I want to see him. What would be a better vacation than spending a few days...with a hot guy...who's also my best friend? Alana felt a little confused about what she was thinking, but still...

Alana pulled out of the Wa-Mart parking lot at 6:15 p.m. It took an hour and a half to get to Orlando. She was estimating that she would get there around 7:30 to 8:00 p.m. She pulled onto the interstate and anticipated the drive to Orlando
~**********~

The five Backstreet Boys were still in the studio recording. They had gotten there at 10:00 that morning and it was now almost 7:30. Nick was getting antsy. He didn't have a big attention span. He was hungry and tired. He just wanted to go back to his hotel room, order some room service and then go to bed. They were pulling twelve to fifteen hour days for the last week and a half. He still hadn't gotten a chance to call Alana because everytime he got back to his hotel, he would crash on the bed and fall asleep. He had wanted to call her. Yes, the tight schedule was his excuse, but there was something else. He just couldn't stop to think about her. That kiss was stil lingering in his memories. And when I'll hear her voice on the phone...I know that I won't have the strength to talk her, it will only make me miss her more. I want her...Why did I realize that only now?

Alana had called Frank and told him that she was coming to see Nick and the guys. He told her that he would meet her in the parking lot in the back of the studio. She parked her car right next to a lamp post and got out, after locking her doors.

Frank smiled at her and gave her a friendly hug. He's such a nice guy. I am so glad that he looks out for Nick... He made sure that she had her special pass so that she wouldn't get asked questions.

"They are still recording. They have been here since 10 this morning and haven't had a dinner break, so maybe this will give them one," Frank said as he led her up the stairs toward the studio.

Alana was amazed at everything she saw. She had never been to the studio and seen Nick record, yet any of the other guys either. She was in awe when she went into the booth where she could watch them sing. No wonder why I don't come and see Nick, let alone the other guys...this is way too much...

"Alana, this is Johnny Wright, the boys manager," Frank said, introducing them. "Johnny, this is Alana Patterson, Nick's friend." They shook hands.

"Well this is the infamous Alana that keeps Nick sane," Johnny said smiling. Yepp, that's me, I keep him sane....and drive myself nuts...

Alana gave him a small smile and looked out in the studio. She saw Nick and Kevin talking. It looked like Kevin was giving him a lecture. She watched as Nick threw his hands up in the air, take his headphones off and walk out the side door.

"Okay boys, Let's call it a night. Be here at 1 tomorrow afternoon. That will give you all sometime to get some rest," Johnny said through the microphone.

She watched as all the other guys packed up their stuff and wander out the same door that Nick had stormed out ten minutes before. She followed Frank down a flight of stairs and to a door.

"This is where he goes when he and Kevin have disagreements, " Frank said. "I'll be out by the car when you are both ready to leave."

Alana tapped on the door lightly.

"Get the fuck away!" she heard him yell "I don't want to talk to anyone!"

She looked a bit shocked when she heard that come from him and then looked at Frank.

"He's really stressed out," he said "He hasn't been getting a lot of sleep."

Alana opened the door and saw him laying on a couch by the window with a pillow over his head. The room was small, but cozy. She saw an ash tray on the table next to the couch filled with cigarrette butts.

Nick was wearing blue jeans that had huge holes in the knees, a black long-sleeved fitted plain shirt and black boots. He pulled back the pillow from his head to see who walked in the room. Alana stood a few feet from the closed door.

"Lana," he breathed as he saw her.

He quickly got up from the couch and stood there hesitate for a minute. He didn't know if he should hug her or what.

"What are you doing here?" he asked quietly.

"I came to see you," she answered in a small voice.

"But you never..." he started to say.

Alana walked and stood right in front of him. She put finger to his lips to silence him.

"I know," she said "So don't get used to it."

He smiled, then pulled her into a big hug. It felt so good to have her in his arms again. He let go of her and sat back down on the couch. I'm so amazed that she came. She didn't have to...did she come because she missed me or what? And what if she only came to say that this kiss was a mistake?

"Are you ready to eat? Frank said you haven't eaten today," Alana said.

"I gotta go back up to the studio," he said, running his hands over his face and through his messed blonde hair.

"Johnny called you off until 1 tomorrow afternoon," she answered. Nick was cheering silently. I'll have a nice evening with my best friend...
~**********~

Alana let Frank drive her car to the hotel. He parked it in the underground parking garage so the chances of fans being down there were slim. Nick got out and instantly lit up a cigarette. Frank emptied her trunk and carried her luggage up to his room. Nick leaned against the garage wall and let out a long puff of smoke.

Alana leaned up against the wall next to him and watched him take another long drag, the smoke coming out of his nose and mouth. She reached over and took the cigarrette from his hand and tossed it out in the parking lot.

He raised his eyebrows at her. She acts like she's my mother...what am I thinking? She just wants to take care of me. She stood in front of him and smoothed out his shirt. Nick wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him. She rested her head against his chest as he put his chin on her head.

"Thank you," he whisphered.

"For what?" she asked looking up at him, and almost drowning into his ocean blue eyes. I could stay like this..forever?

"For coming out to see me," he answered. "it feels nice."

"Like I said before, don't get used to it," Alana commented, jokingly. But I could get used to you.
~**********~