- Text Size +
Alana just looked at him, speechless. She had waited for this moment for a long time, didn't she? She wanted him to touch her, to taste her; she wanted him for him. She couldn't believe he wanted her, that's what he meant right? But can I do this now? I..just want him, too...but he's a friend..a friend...I can't...

"Lana," Nick said, gently cupping her face with his hands. "Look at me hun."

She was hesitating for a moment, then looked up at him. He searched her eyes, trying to figure out what she was thinking. Just show me that you want me...just give me a sign and...you'll make me the happiest man in the world...

Alana didn't know what to say. She didn't know what to do. She was scared. Scared of her feelings for Nick. The ones which weren't purely friendly. She could feel all her feelings that she kept bottled up for him pour out all at once.

He caressed her cheek gently with the tips of his fingers then leaned down and kissed her lips softly. After pulling away, he looked at her again.

"Say something," he said, trying to break the silence. Just say that you want me...that you need me..

Tears welled up in her eyes as he looked at her still

"Let go of me," she whisphered. She knew she'd regret that she didn't do what she wanted, but the morals came up in her mind. I just can't fuck my..best friend...

Nick slowly let go of her and stepped out of her way. He watched her grab her jacket and walk out the hotel room. Why did she leave? I was so close to believing that she wants me... he thought. He took a few steps back. I hope I haven't ruined our friendship by this. If I can't have her as my girlfriend, then I still need her as my friend...my best friend...
~**********~

Alana ended up walking down the street a few blocks from the hotel. She needed to get away from Nick for a while to get her thoughts straight. She wanted him. What girl didn't? She just didn't want her privacy invaded. She didn't want people knowing her every move and seeing her picture in every magazine and on the Internet. But she wanted Nick. If I want him, I have to take him with all additions. But can I handle everything that comes with him? And does he want me too? Would all of this stop her?

Nick was laying on the couch in his hotel room with his pillow over his head. He had kicked out Tony and his two girls a little while before. He had also called Frank to keep on eye on Alana to see if she was okay.

Frank found her sitting on the curb a few blocks down. She had her chin resting on ber elbows like she was in deep thought about something. He pulled out his cell phone out of his coat pocket and dialed up Nick.

"Hello?" Nick mumbled.

"Hey boss," Frank said

"Did you find her?" Nick asked, his voice clearer.

"Yah," Frank answered. "She's a few blocks from the hotel. Don't worry, she's fine."

Frank heard Nick let out a sigh of relief.

"Is she coming back?" Nick asked in a quiet voice.

"I dunno," Frank answered again. "I haven't talked to her. Maybe this is something you should do boss. She's your friend."
~**********~

Nick threw on his black leather coat and walked into the elevator that Frank was waiting for him. It was really late, about 12:45 a.m. before he left. He walked side by side by his bodyguard, in which he also considered his friend.

They walked for about fifteen minutes, until Frank stopped and pointed. Nick looked and saw his best friend sitting on the curb of the sidewalk. He slowly walked up to where she was sitting and sat down beside her.

Alana knew he was there. She didn't say or do anything to acknowledge his presence. She just wanted to be left alone, didn't she?

Nick just sat there with her. Frank was sitting on a bench just enough in view to watch them, but also to give them some privacy. Nick didn't know what to do. This was his best friend, which whom he kind of just threw some of his hidden feelings at her. He didn't want to loose her.

Alana finally looked over at Nick. He was staring across the street at something. She waved her hand in the front of his face to get his attention. He came back to reality and looked at her.

"You have to get some sleep," she said quietly "You have to be in the studio in a few hours."

She got up and dusted off the back of her pants. Nick got up and caught up with her.

"That's all you have to say?" he asked.

"About what?" she commented.

"You just left. You just kinda kept me hanging and you didn't tell me where you were going," he said as he stood in front of her.

She took a deep breath and relxed herself. She really didn't want to have this discussion out on the street.

"I don't want to talk about it," she quietly.

Nick felt anger surge through his body.

"Goddamnit Alana!" he yelled "You never want to talk about anything that concerns us! I practically threw myself at you and then you left! I don't understand anymore!"

She didn't want to fight with him. She hated fighting with him. But that's what he was going to get, a fight

"You don't understand because you are never around to listen!" she hissed back. "Do you know how I feel when you leave? Do you know how I feel when I don't know when you're coming back? Can you honestly tell me that you know how it feels?"

Nick closed his eyes and rubbed his temples with his fingers. He saw tears stream down her face when he opened his eyes and looked at her.

"No, I don't understand if you don't tell me," he said quietly.

"It hurts Nick, it really hurts," Alana replied, sniffing.

He just stood there, not knowing what to do. He hated to see her hurting. He slowly pulled her into a hug. She let herself go when he pulled her body close to his. She started to cry. Nick buried his face in her neck as he felt tears form in his own eyes. Why is always so hard to get what you really want? Is there something I can do..to make Alana love me? He knew it hurt because he felt it all the time when he left her.
~**********~

Nick woke up hours later to his cell phone alarm going off in his ear. He grabbed it and looked at the time. It was Noon. He had to be down to the studio by 1:00 that afternoon. He looked over at Alana. She was snuggled up on the other side of the bed sleeping peacefully.

He rolled out of bed and went into the bathroom to get ready. Ten minutes later, he was out. Nick was dressed in blue jeans, a turquoise polo shirt and was putting on his white Nike sneakers as he sat back down on the bed.

Alana felt the bed move a little. She turned over and saw Nick all dressed and leaning down to tie his shoes.

"What time is it?" she asked yawning.

"Almost 12:30 p.m.," he answered. "Did you want to come down to the studio with me or what?"

She sat of and got out of bed.

"Let me jump in the shower then," she replied.

Nick waited for almost twenty minutes. He had ten minutes to get down to the studio before Kevin would kill him. Alana came out wearing low raise blue jeans, a fitted black t-shirt, and white sandals. Her hair was still wet and she didn't even bother with make-up. But for Nick she seemed just perfect. If there wasn't the rush, he could stare at her all day. He had thought that the desire to have her would fade away, but it didn't. With every minute he was getting evem more sure that he won't be able to stop thinking about her. I have never ever wanted someone as much as I want her.

Frank was waiting outside the door for them. As they walked outside the side of the hotel, a black limo was waiting, as were a big blob of people also.

"Get in," Nick said pushing her a little. "Hurry."

Alana climbed in quickly and saw that he was modded by a swarm of media and some fans with the door still opened.

"Nick, can you tell us when your next record is coming out?" a reporter asked, shoving a microphone in his face.

"Nick I love you!! I want to have your babies!" a fan screamed as she tried to touch him.

Frank pushed the mob of people away from the limo door so Nick could get on his way.Frank closed the door and got into the front seat with the limo driver. Nick was sprawled out on the seat, his head leaning on Alana's shoulder.

"See what I go through?" he asked, giving her a sheepish grin.

"Oh you love it," she answered.

It was true. Nick loved the attention from people, especially his fans; but not all the time. He hated having his personnel life invaded by the media and press.
~**********~