- Text Size +
Nick unlocked his hotel door at 5:30 the next morning. They had completely finished recording their lastest album. They had just pulled a sixteen and a half hour day. He was really tired. Johnny had told them to take the next two days off to get rested up so they could have a meeting to discuss various things, one being a promotional tour in June and to start off their Tour in July. Then, they would start tour rehearsals.

He looked around the room, the sun was just starting to rise through the curtains. The living room was clean. His shoes were lined up neatly against the wall next to the closet. Looks like someone tried to sort out my stuff...how sweet of her to pay attention even the little things. He walked into the kitchen grabbed a bottle of water, drinking it down. He walked out on the terrace and smoked a cigarette before he decided to go to sleep.

He took of his sneakers and put them with the others near the closet and walked into the bedroom. Alana had left the door open and a light on in the bathroom. Nick went into the bathroom and stripped out of his clothing. He stepped into the shower and turned on the hot water. It felt good against his skin. He washed his hair and body, then let the water just soak up in his skin for a few minutes.

Alana woke up to the sound of the shower running. Was he finally back? she thought. She had waited up for him until 2:30 a.m., but went to bed because she was tired. She looked at the clock. It was still way too early and she was still tired. She layed back down against the pillows and proceeded to fall back asleep. My Nicky is finally back...

Nick got out of the shower and dried himself off. He threw on a pair of green boxers that were laying in the corner of the bathroom with a bunch of his other clothes. He quickly brushed his teeth and combed his hair. He walked out of the bathroom and saw Alana sleeping in the middle of the bed. She was wearing one of his t-shirts that a fan had given him days before. She must've waited for me, but was too tired...It feels so good to know that someone's there for you...has someone ever been there so much for me like her?

He pulled back the covers and got into bed. He slid his body so that he was snuggled up with hers. He wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. He softly nuzzled her neck and closed his eyes, falling fast asleep. After everything I've done she's still here...if only she knew how much I need her...
~**********~

Alana woke up a few hours later. She felt Nick's arm around her waist and his body nestled close to hers. She looked at the clock that was on the nightstand next to the hotel bed. It read 11:45 a.m. She felt him breath into her neck as he slept.

"Nick," she whisphered as rubbed his forearm.

"Hmmmm....?" he mumbled sleepily.

"Can you move your arm so I can get up, please?" she asked.

Nick planted a soft kiss on her neck and moved his arm.

"Where are you going?" he asked as he snuggled under the covers, his eyes still closed.

"To make some coffee," she answered.

"Okay," he muttered as he fell back asleep.

Alana threw on the hotel robe, leaving it untied, and went into the kitchenette to make some coffee. She knew that Nick was going to sleep the day away so she decided that she would just probably laze around for the day.

She grabbed a cup of coffee and settled on the couch to watch some television. A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door. She set her cup down on the table and peered through the peephole of the hotel door. A.J. was standing outside the door with a box of Dunkin' Donuts.

She smiled at what he was wearing. He had on blue jeans and a bright yellow fitted t-shirt with an obsence picture on it. He had on a black knit cap on his head and his big black sunglasses. She opened the door and let him in, locking it back up behind him.

"Mornin' beautiful," A.J greeted setting the box on the dining room table.

Alana gave him a big hug. She was grateful to have him in her life as a friend. They had a unquie friendship.

"Where's Nicky boy?" he asked as he took the cup of coffee she offered him.

"Sleeping," she answered as she grabbed a peanut donut and proceeded to nibble at it.

"Well, he needs to get up, we're gonna go have some fun," A.J. said eating a boston creme. "And you need to get dressed."

Alana went into the bedroom and closed the door behind her. Nick was sprawled out on the bed with the covers wrapped inbetween his legs, his feet poking out. She pulled the covers from the end of the bed, but he held onto to them.

"I don't wanna get up!" he whined as he pulled tighter.

"A.J.'s here," she said as she pulled the covers out of his grasp "Get up and get dressed, we are going out."
~**********~

After a half hour of fighting to stay in bed, Nick had finally got dressed. He had thrown on a pair of green cargo shorts, a white t-shirt and a zip-up black hoodie. He threw on a black baseball hat and white sneakers.

Alana was dressed in jean capris, a very fitted orange tank top that was open in the back, except for a tie that held it together, and brown wedge sandals. She pulled back her hair in a barrette and put on a little make-up.

The two guys waited patiently as she got ready. She looked in the mirror. She actually had taken the time to look good; for Nick? Maybe. She smiled at herself and walked out to the living room where they were waiting.

Nick's jaw almost dropped when he saw the shirt she was wearing. He didn't know she owned stuff like that. Why didn't she wear stuff like that more often? he thought Damn, she looks good!

"Close your mouth Nick," she said as A.J. held the door for her.

A.J. laughed as they went downstairs to the lobby to meet Brian.
~**********~