- Text Size +
Nick locked his hotel door behind him as Alana was sitting on the couch taking off her shoes. He shook of his jacket and set it on the chair that sat in the corner next to the desk. He flopped on the couch next to her and took of his tie and threw it on the coffee table. Reaching into his pants pockets, he emptied out his cell phone, his wallet, a pack of cigarettes and a green lighter.

Nick put a cigarette in his mouth and lit it up. He inhaled deeply, feeling at ease for just a moment, and then exhaled a puff of smoke out his mouth in front of him. He really needs to stop that nasty habit…maybe I can work on that in the future…Hopefully there is one… Alana rested her head on his shoulder. He moved his arm and wrapped it around her, pulling her close to him, as he finished his cigarette.

She reached over and gave him the ash tray so that he could put out the butt. He crushed it out and then placed the tray back on the coffee table. It was just about 10:30 that evening. Alana got up, but Nick caught her by her hand. He doesn’t want me to leave him...

"Where are ya going?" he asked his Florida accent thick.

She smiled. She loved his accent. He voice is so sexy.

"To get out of this dress," she answered.

"But I like how you look in this dress," he said as he pulled her on his lap. And I would love to see how you would look with it off too…

She played with the collar of his blue dress shirt, and then unbuttoned the top three buttons, exposing his neck. Her hand traveled down the base of his neck, massaging his skin as his fingers tangled in her curls that fell around her shoulders. He loved her hair. It was soft as his fingers combed through the wild curls that the stylist had put it in earlier that day.

"I'm tired," she said as she rubbed his chin with her fingers. His facial hair was rough on her fingers, but made him look sexy, so she thought anyway.

Nick pressed his lips to her for a soft kiss. She gave him a hug as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He hugged her back, his fingers touching her bare back, where her dress opened. So soft…so very soft.

"I'll be in later," he said, as he watched her get up and walk into the bedroom.
~**********~

Alan awoke up the next morning with Nick's body molded against hers. I could get used to this she thought. She had one more day with him until he had to go back to his Backstreet World.

She wasn't sure if she wanted to be apart of his world, but he wanted her to be. He told her last night, hadn't he? She sighed. We need to talk and soon, she thought as she got out of bed.

A little while later, Nick shifted his position and opened his eyes. He looked at the clock by the nightstand; it read 10:30 a.m. He rubbed his eyes and turned back on his side and fell back asleep.

Alana was sitting at the dining room table drinking coffee and reading the morning newspaper. She was wearing her short silk nightgown that Nick had bought her with the hotel robe wrapped around her.

After reading the paper, she laid on the couch to watched television. A few minutes later, the hotel phone rang and she reached over picking it up it up.

"Hello?" she asked.

"It's all over the Internet,” the familiar voice on the other end said.

Alana recognized the voice, it was LeighAnn.

"What do you mean, it's all over the Internet?" she asked.

"There are pictures of Nick and you from last night, posted everywhere," LeighAnn said. "Get on the Internet and see for yourself."

Alana got up and went to the desk where Nick's laptop was sitting. She typed in the web address that LeighAnn had given her. There, she saw several pictures of her and Nick together. One particular stood out. It was a picture of the two of them. He had his arm around her and held her close, both of them smiling at each other. The headline under the picture read: Heartthrob Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys showed off his new girlfriend proudly to several photographers. What will his fans say? She started to panic. The pictures stared back at her. Her entire life was going to be exposed to the world, she just knew it. She didn’t want people to know…to know that she was Nick’s best friend or something more.

"Ohmigod," she whispered. It’s not supposed to be like this…I don’t want people to know who I am! Doesn’t he listen to me? What am I gonna do?

"Alana?" LeighAnn asked. "Are you okay?"

"No," she answered.” What am I supposed to do? It's not supposed to be like this. Why did I let him do that?" This is not good…I think I’m gonna be sick…deep breaths…deep breaths…

"Whoa, slow down," LeighAnn said. "What's not supposed to be like that?"

"I don't even know what is going on between us Leigh,” Alana said, trying not to freak out. I need to find out…soon.
~**********~

Nick woke up about two hours later. He stretched his entire body and rubbed his eyes. He noticed that Alana wasn’t in bed next to him. He got up and went to use the bathroom. He grabbed his pack of cigarettes as he put a white shirt on as he walked into the dining room.

He saw Alana lying on the couch sleeping. He went out to the terrace and smoked a quick cigarette. He came back in and saw that his laptop was open. He sat down at the desk and looked at the webpage. Nick frowned at what he saw. How did this leak out so fast He thought.

The hotel phone rang. He picked it up on the second ring, trying not to wake up Alana.

"Yah?" he asked as he lit up another cigarette.

"Alana is your new girlfriend?!?!?" the voice on the other end
yelled.

Nick sighed. He should have known that his publicist was going to call. Peter Garksin had been his publicist for the last five years. He never let anything slip between his fingers. He had the ins and outs of knowing everything.

One thing was different about Peter than all the publicists that he had before; Peter was gay. Maybe that's why Nick had let him stay, or maybe it was because Peter was about 35 years old, tall, skinny and was taken-so he had no intentions of hitting on Nick or any of the other guys.

"This is all over the Internet Nick!!" Peter yelled.

He inhaled deeply, trying to block out the yelling, then exhaling into the air. Stupid asshole…can’t he ever leave me alone?

“Don't you have anything to say?!?" Peter cried. "I feel like I’m talking to a wall here!!"

"What the fuck do you want me to say?" Nick said almost yelling back. That I had fun with the beautiful woman I care about? That I might possibly be in a relationship?

Alana woke up immediately out of a deep sleep from the living room couch. She rubbed her eyes and saw Nick on the phone. He was pacing back and forth, as long as the phone cord could stretch.

"What were you thinking??? Don't you use your head anymore??" Peter asked, still in an angry tone.

"We went out and had a good time Peter!" Nick yelled.” I don't need your permission to go out with my friends!"

Alana sat there quietly watching him. She could tell he was going to loose his temper any minute.

"You looked more than friends with Alana in the pictures!" Peter accused. "What do you want me to tell Johnny? That you just took her out on the town and the press just `found' you? I need to know what is going on Nick!"

Nick slammed his fist against the wall, causing Alana to jump a little. She got up and stood a few feet behind him.

"Goddamnit Peter!” He growled "I don't know what is going on!" I know what I want…I want to be with Lana…

She stood in front of him and gently touched his arm. He jerked at the touch of her fingers.

"Calm down," she whispered. "Take a deep breath."

Nick tried to take a deep breath, but Peter was yelling again.

"I need to know what’s going on so I can tell the press, and soon!" Peter said anger rising.

He took a deep breath and started to say something, but Alana grabbed the phone out of his hand.

"I'm sorry Peter, but right now, that information is unavailable, he will get back to you when he has a free chance,” she said sweetly, and then hung up the phone.
~**********~