- Text Size +
Nick put his face in his hands as he sat on the couch. He rubbed his hands over his face and through his hair. How could I let this happen? Everything was going so perfect and now the media has a hold of it. What the fuck am I gonna do?

Alana sat in the chair in front of his laptop and looked at the pictures on the website again. She saw that they looked happy together in all of the pictures. That is what she wanted. She wanted to be happy; happy with Nick. Did he want the same? She needed to find out.

"Nick?" she asked breaking the silence.

He looked over in her direction then leaned his head back on the couch. I am such an idiot.

"It was bound to happen," Alana said quietly.

Nick looked at her and nodded. She got up and sat on the couch next to him. His eyes darted to her exposed thigh that the hotel house coat wasn’t covering.

"What's going on with us?" she asked her voice still quiet.

He looked at her again and then pulled her close to him, her familiar scent surround him as he took a deep breath.

"I don't know," he whispered against her temple. "But I like it." I like it a lot.

"Me too," she whispered back.

"You're not mad?" he asked.

"About what?" she answered. It’s not that I’m mad at you; I’m just don’t know how to handle the situation.

"The pictures," he brought up.

Alana shifted her position on the couch and faced Nick.

"I want to be in a relationship with you Nick. As much as it scares me, I do," she said quietly.

He smiled at her. You do want me…

"You're scared of me?" he asked, giving her a goofy grin.

She gave him a sarcastic, annoyed look.

"I'm trying to have a serious moment with you," she said.

Nick gave her a slow, sexy smile, which just about made her melt. He reached for her and pulled her onto his lap, his fingers caressing her bare thigh. Oh, that feels good. Alana tried to ignore it, but it was hard not too.

"It's gonna be a challenge," he said, as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

She nodded as he continued to play with her hair. I don’t know what to expect, but that’s what comes with being with you…right?

"The press is gonna be up your ass as well as mine," he continued.

"That's what Frank's for," she said.

He laughed at her comment and then shook his head. You have no idea what it’s like to be a celebrity’s girlfriend. I really want there to be an ‘us;’ I have to help you overcome your fears.

"In order for you to go out from now on, you're gonna have to have your own bodyguard," Nick said with a straight face.

Alana cocked her eyebrows at him in curiosity. She didn't need a bodyguard, did she? He really wasn't serious, or was he?

"Oh my god," she said "You're serious, aren't you?"

He continued to look at her with the same straight face. When he was serious, it always showed. She always questioned his seriousness in every issue.

"I don't want anything to happen to you Lana," he said. You are too important in my life for anything to happen to you.

"Nothing is going to happen to me," she replied.

"I have millions of fans around the world," Nick continued "There are reporters everywhere. I don't want you to be swished, beaten, thrown, or killed."

Alana laughed and gave him a small smile.

"I'm serious. Things are different as we speak right now. When you stepped foot on out of the limo last night, the whole world saw you through cameras. I mean, look how quickly those pictures got onto the Internet. Your safety is important around here," he rambled on. "Your entire life is going to change."

She looked at him. He was right. Her life was going to change. She didn’t want it to change. She liked things the way they were, but she wanted to be with Nick. I like my life the way it is right now. Am I really going to have to change everything? Was she willing to change her life and make adjustments, just to be with him?
~**********~