- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yay! I updated!! Feedback is always appreciated!
Chapter Forty-Four

Throughout the meeting, many topics were discussed; the finalization of the tour dates and cities especially. Rehearsals started the beginning of the next week. They were to leave the next month for New York City where they would start their Up Close and Personal Tour before the actual release of their new album. After spending a few days there, they would be well on their way for the next month promoting the pre-release of their album, Never Gone. They would then get about two and a half months of preparation time for their United States Summer Tour starting in July.

Nick dragged himself wearily into his hotel room. The meeting had lasted well past the allotted time. He dropped his cigarettes and cell phone on the end table then flopped on the couch. The watch on his left wrist read just after 9:30 p.m. He flipped on the television just for background noise and made himself comfortable.

His mind drifted off and he started to think about other things. Would the fans accept Alana as his girlfriend? Did he really care if they did or not? I deserve to be happy; happy with Alana. I need to start putting myself before others, but then again, I love my fans. I just hope it all balances out in the end. He let out a big sigh. Closing his eyes, he let himself slide into a deep sleep. He just hoped for the best and that everything would go the way that he wanted it to.

Nick woke up to the sound of his alarm going off on his cell phone. He didn't’t remember setting it for a specific time, but when he looked at it, he remembered quickly why he did. The light from sun shone brightly on his face through the window as he got up and stretched. Frank was getting him in an hour for another meeting. He made his way tiredly to the bathroom to take a shower and to get ready.

While in the shower, Nick wondered if Peter had done everything that he requested. Peter had said that he would get right on it. Did that mean by today or would he actually wait until Wednesday?

He wanted Alana with him and he was going to make sure that he would do everything that he could to make it happen.
~**********~

A faint ringing could be heard from Alana's purse as she put her bags in the backseat of her car from the mall. She jumped as she felt it vibrate against her side through her purse. Okay, I don't have a cell phone, so who's is in my purse? She pulled out a small silver cell phone and looked at the number. A big smile spread across her face as she recognized the number; it was Nick. Leave it to him to slip a phone in my purse so he can find me.

"You know I hate cell phones, but you HAD to give me one anyways," she teased.

She heard him chuckle "It's the only way I can keep track of you."

She knew he was joking, of course. He had reasons for putting the cell phone in her purse before he left, or so she assumed. He's just making sure I'm okay...and keeping track of me. Maybe that's a good thing? She chose to ignore her thoughts and decided she would talk about it with him later.

"How are things?" Alana asked as she got into the front seat of her car.

"Busy, hardly have time to myself, let alone to sleep," he answered with a weary sigh "But everything getting ready to go for the Promotional Tour."

"That's great. I know you guys can't wait to start touring again," she said. What is going to happen when you do go on tour? I'm going to miss you...a lot.

"Yeah, I can't wait to get on the road again and sing for our fans," he agreed. "But it won't be the same."

"Why's that?" She questioned.

"Because I don't know if you want to go with me or not," Nick said as his voice trailed off.

Alana felt herself smile again. He wants me to go with him! He wants me to be apart of everything...including the Backstreet Family.

"Well when it comes closer, we can talk about it then, I don't want to talk about it know," she replied, wanting to change the subject. If I go with him, that means I have to change everything in my life, especially my job. I will be relying on him for money...am I ready for that?

"Well, that's kinda why I actually called, everything is set if you want to come back to Orlando," he said. "When you're ready, of course."

Well, of course I'm ready to come back! I miss you like crazy and it hasn't even been two days. I can't wait to be in your arms again!

"Well, I think that can be arranged, very soon," Alana said.
~**********~

She found herself driving back to Orlando only a few hours after she had gotten off the phone with Nick. She had told him that she was going to be coming back tomorrow morning, but she decided to leave later that night to avoid all the commotion. I don't need anyone to look after me. I am quite capable of looking after myself.

Upon entering the parking lot of the hotel, she found a space to park that wasn't very far from walking distance to the entrance. The lamp posts provided just enough light for Alana to retrieve her bags and walk towards the front door of the hotel.

The lobby looked larger than what she remembered it, when she had left a few days before. Her suite case dragged behind her on wheels as a bag was over her shoulder. The elevator was on the left, right next to a sitting area. There, a small group of teenage girls were seated listening to music and talking. She noticed that there was a lot more security personnel staffed also. This should be simple.

Alana passed the front desk and headed toward the elevator, but she felt a hand on her shoulder stop her.

"Excuse me ma'am," a deep voice said.

She looked behind her saw a tall African-American man dressed in blue jeans and a black t-shirt.

"No one is permitted to go in the elevators until they are checked in," he said.

Alana put her shoulder bag down by her suitcase.

"Listen, I don't have a reservation, I'm staying with a friend," she answered. "and he's expecting me."

"I'm sorry ma'am, I can't let you get on the elevator until you have checked in or have a room key. This is for security reasons," the tall man said.

"I don't have a room key, but I have the room number. My friend never gave me a key. He's expecting me. I need to get up to the seventh floor," she repeated. This is getting annoying. It shouldn't be this hard to get back to Nick's hotel room. I'm tired and want to sleep. I just want to see Nick.

"I'm sorry ma'am, that floor is off limits to the public," he said.

"Without proper authorization, I can't let you past this point," his stern voice said

"Okay, fine, you want proper authorization, I'll get you some," Alana said, annoyed.

"I am just following procedures, ma'am," the man replied.

She fumbled through her purse until she found her cell phone and dialed Nick's number. He is not going to be happy, at all.
~**********~

Nick was snuggled underneath the covers of his hotel bed sleeping peacefully. He was interrupted by the ringing of his cell phone. Ugh, all I want to do is sleep! He knew if he didn't answer his phone, it would just keep ringing. He reached out next to him on the small night stand and grabbed, then flipped it open.

"What?" he groaned.

"Can you please tell these security people down here to let me come up?" the female voice asked on the other end.

"Lana?" Nick asked. "You're not supposed to be here til tomorrow." But I'm glad you're here...I missed you.

"Can you just come down and get me or something?" she asked "They won't let me go through."

He let out another groan. I have to tell her from now on that wherever she goes, she has to have a bodyguard. He knew if he came down to get her, there would be a mob of fans and he didn't want to deal with it this late at night.

"I'll have Frank come down and get you," Nick answered.

"Thank you," Alana replied.

He hung up the phone and decided he might as well to get up and have a cigarette as he awaited for her arrival.

She waited for Frank in a chair near the group of teenaged girls and overheard their conversation.

"Oh my God, is that Nick's girlfriend?!" the first girl asked, pointing at Alana.

"Where did ya hear THAT?!" the second girl said.

"There are pictures of the two of them on Not-Like-You.com and everywhere else!" answered the third girl.

"Nah, it can't be, it's just a rumor...Nick would've told us if he had a girlfriend," The second girl said.

"Well, not necessarily. I mean, sometimes the guys like to keep there personal lives to themselves," replied the third girl.

Alana chuckled to herself as she listened to the girls. It's funny to see how obsessive some fans can be.

The elevator doors opened and Alana immediately looked to see who stepped out; it was Frank. Alana watched as Frank talked with the tall, African-American man. He finally came over after ten minutes of conversation with the other man.

He gave her a tired smile as he grabbed her suitcase.

"Oh, I am so sorry for waking you up Frank!" She apologized. It's just that I want to see Nick and I couldn't wait til tomorrow.

"It's okay, just part of the job. Let's get you out of here, I think people are starting to recognize you," Frank said, his head nodding at the small group of girls.

They headed to the elevator and the tall man let them through without a problem.

"I'm sorry about the misunderstanding ma'am, I didn't realize who you were," he said politely.

"It's okay, but you didn't have to give me such a hard time about it," Alana said "I told you I had a friend staying here."

The man gave her an apologetic look. Yeah, you should be sorry, next time listen. She returned his looked with a sweet smile, one that showed she was right. Okay, maybe I shouldn't rub it in, but on the other hand, what would it hurt once in awhile?
~**********~