- Text Size +
Ashlee jerked awake.

“Ashlee! Oh my God, are you okay?!” AJ was turned toward her with a fearful look. He grabbed his sweater and wiped the sweat from her forehead. Ashlee gently pushed him away.

“Please don’t,” she said quietly. “Not right now.”

She leaned forward and put her head in her hands.

“Did we just land?”

“Yes,” AJ said softly. He put his hand on her back and leaned down so that he could whisper in her ear, “Are you okay?”

“No,” she choked out. Tears were slipping their way out of her hands. AJ pulled her in close, “What ever it is, I want to help.”

“Leeloz? What’s the matter?” Mia said with a tired voice.

“Um, I had another one of those dreams, only it wasn’t with Jacob.”

"Ash, come here..”

Ashlee looked up at AJ and gave him a half smile for a thank you and turned toward Mia. As soon as she looked at Mia, the tears came back again. Mia gave her a hug, “Who was it?”

“Nick,” she whispered.

“Hey! We’re here!” Nick shouted when he woke up. He turned around to share the good news and saw that Ashlee was upset.

“Oh, hey dude. Are you okay?” he said gently.

“She’s fine, I think she just had a bad dream,” AJ told him.

“Oh, well, I hope you fell better.”

Ashlee pulled herself together in time for them to all exit the plane.



The ride to the hotel was silent. Most of them too tired to speak, the rest of them were thinking about what happened on the plane. Ashlee, Mia, and AJ were all sitting in the back of the bus they had rented out for the weekend. Ashlee and Mia were sitting next to each other, Ashlee’s head was on Mia’s shoulder. The dream kept running through her mind. I hope to God this doesn’t mean what it meant last time...

AJ was in the seats across the aisle. He was staring out the window watching the passing cars and the rain falling out the window, thinking about how scared he was when he saw Ashlee before she woke up. She was shaking and sweating, but she felt cold. AJ closed his eyes and didn’t open them until they were at the hotel.



“Hey Scott!” Kevin said to a short, but buff, balding man.

“Hey guys! And gals! Look, just leave you stuff here. I know you’re tired but you got a sound check in a half hour and it takes about that long to get to the venue.”

All the boys groaned.

Scott looked at Ashlee, Mia and Leighanne. “You ladies are more then welcome to come, Baylee too.”

“I think myself and Mia are going to stay here and get ready for the show.”

“I think I’ll stay too. Brian, did you wanna take Baylee?” Leighanne looked at Brian with hopeful eyes.

“Suuure,” he said with a smile.

“Yay! I getta go with Daddy!” Baylee ran and hugged his leg with they strength he could muster.

They all laughed and went their separate ways.

The girls went in and checked into their rooms. When Mia and Ashlee got to their room Ashlee told Mia every thing that happened in the dream.

“So there was an explosion this time?”

“Yes, but I think that was from the landing. But what really scared me was the fact that it was Nick. "What if he uses, Mia? That poses as a threat to both of us. We are both pretty weak right now. Christmas is coming. This will be the first Christmas without my Dad that I’m sober, so I know what’s going on around me. I’m very vulnerable and I’ve had cravings quite often in the last month. I don’t know how I’m going to be able to handle it..”

Mia cut her off, “Ash, maybe the reason why you had the dream is for that reason. Did Nick do anything to get to you yesterday?”

Ashlee nodded.

“Well, there you go. Nick was being a shit head and you’re vulnerable. Everything will be okay.”

“I hope so,” Ashlee said as she was walking into the bathroom to take a shower. She couldn’t get her mind off that dream and Nick. She thought about how he was acting yesterday. He was in a pissy mood all day, then he just snapped out of it. I was that way when I was coming of a high.. I really do hope everything with be okay..