- Text Size +
Ashlee sat down on the bed, wiping away her tears. She took a deep breath and looked up from her hands. She could tell the Leighanne and Brian had been crying too.

“Where’s Baylee?”

“He’s with Kevin,” Brian said. “Look, AJ told us about your what has happened in the last year. Don’t be mad, he just thought it would be good for us to know, considering the circumstances.”

Ashlee looked at AJ and gave him and the other two a weak smile and took another deep breath, “I understand.”

“We have all had our concerns, like you, for Nick, only for a few weeks now,” he continued. “It wasn’t until yesterday morning that my concerns were turned fears. Howie came to me early yesterday morning and told me that he walked in on Nick, just as AJ did. He didn’t want to confront him until he had spoken with me first because he feels that I should be the one to talk to him, and we didn’t want to tell the guys until after the show because we didn’t want them all to freak out.”

This would explain why they were telling me all day not to worry about him.. Ashlee stared down at her hands. He’s a rock star. He has everything he could ever want in life. Why would he even need to use drugs?

“Ashlee, are you okay?” Leighanne came and sat down next to her.

Ashlee paused for a moment before asking, “What is so bad in his life that would cause him to use?”

Just then there was a knock at the door.

“Brian. I need to talk to you man. I don’t care who’s in there, they probably should hear this too.”

AJ got off the chair and sat down next to Ashlee and put his arm around her.

“Are you gonna be okay?”

Ashlee nodded, “I’ll be fine.”

Brian opened the door and Nick walked in slowly.

Ashlee fought back the tears as she felt AJ talk a deep breath and wipe away a few of his own.

“Hi guys,” he said meekly. He took a seat at the chair AJ had just left.

They all sat in silence for a couple minutes before Nick said, “Guys, I need help.”

He got up and went straight to Brian. They both began to cry and Brian put Nicks head in his hands, “We are here for you. And we WILL get you help.”

He then pulled him in for hug and Ashlee turned away and closed her eyes. She let her tears fall. She felt get up and join the guys. Leighanne put her arm around her, “Let’s take you back to your room. You need to sleep.”

The girls left in silence. The walk that took place just a few minutes ago from her room to AJ’s seemed a lot shorter this time around. Ashlee gave Leighanne a hug and said good night. When Ashlee got in her room, Mia was asleep so she decided to wait until morning to talk to her. She gathered her pajamas and took a shower. She tried hard not to think about all that just happened, but that was all she could think about. As soon as she was out of the bathroom, she heard faint tapping on her door.
Ashlee opened the door quietly.

“Alex?” she whispered. “Are you doing okay.”

He gave her a slight smile, “Well, I’ve been better.”
Ashlee smiled slightly at this also.

“Hey, do you wanna take a walk with me?”

“Outside?” she said as she looked at him in shock. “It’s like, negative 20 degrees outside!”

“Haha. No, just around the hotel.”

“Well, I guess that will be okay,” she smiled, grabbed her key and shut the door quietly.