- Text Size +
Ashlee quickly pushed Nick away.

“Um. Uh, what..I..excuse me..”

Nick’s heart sunk. What did I just do? I know AJ’s into her, and she’s into him. Oh my God.. Nick put his head in his hands. Tears began to well in his eyes. “I just want to go home,” he whispered to himself.



“Excuse me fella’s.”

Brian couldn’t believe what he just saw. Nick is lucky that AJ’s back was turned to him.. Brian looked around the lobby. Where did Ashlee go? He spotted her sitting by the window, watching Mia’s plane leave.

“Hey, are you okay? I saw what just happened.”

Ashlee continued looking out the window, avoiding eye contact with Brian is hopes he wouldn’t see her crying.

“I don’t know,” she said quietly. “I’m wondering why I didn’t get on that plane with Mia. I don’t belong here. Since I’ve been here, I’ve caused nothing but trouble. Nick’s leaving and probably won’t be allowed back when Alex find’s out what he just did.” Ashlee wiped her tears and turned to face Brian. “And who’s to say that he’ll do anything at all. I’ve heard about the things both of these guys do. They “hook up” with some girl and then leave town. I can’t handle that right now. I just don’t think..”

“I think you think too much,” Brian said smiling. He smile quickly faded when he saw the look on Ashley’s face. “Look, you are here for a reason. God wants you here for a reason, Ashlee. I don’t know if you even realize how much you did for all of us this weekend. You saved my best friend. If you wouldn’t have come with us, Alex wouldn’t have shared a room with Nick. And all that stuff you hear about those two, don’t believe a word. Well, Nick, yes. But that has to do with the drugs. He was doing anything, and any one for that matter, to find the best he could get. But Alex, he left that in the past. And there is something about you. I haven’t seen him this happy in a long time. So quit second guessing yourself. You’re here for a reason.” He smiled and gave her a hug.

Ashlee returned the hug and said, “Thank you,” quietly in his ear.

“Yo! B-Rok! Get your ass over here!”

“Yea. That Alex his quite the catch.”

Ashlee laughed. “You better going before he comes over and carries you to the plane himself.”

They walked over to where the rest of the guys were standing. Nick was standing off to the side, looking out the window. Ashlee watched him for a moment, then looked away when AJ pulled her in next to him.

“Did you say good bye to Nick?”

“Um, yea.” She said akwardly.

“Okay. I’m going to go say good bye. I’ll be right back.”

Ashlee watched him walk over and hug Nick good bye. She watched all the guys fight back their tears as they said good bye. Leighanne walked over to Ashlee.

“It was really nice meeting you and I hope to see you again.” She gave Ashlee a hug and her and Baylee both said good bye and walked to the other guys to say good bye to AJ. After about five minutes of hugging , crying and joking around, AJ and Ashlee waved and walked to the window to watch the plane take off. They sat in silence , both lost in their own thoughts for almost thirty minutes, until the plane was out of sight. Alex turned around and sat down in his chair. Ashlee turned to where she was facing him. There were tears coming from the corner’s of his eyes. As she struggled to keep her tears in, she reached up and wiped his cheeks. He turned to face her.

“I know this whole situation may be awkward, but I am truly thankful for you being here. I don’t know how I would have handled it if you weren’t here.” He smiled and placed his hand on the back of her neck. “Thank you.”

Ashlee smiled. “You’re welcome.”

AJ starred into her eyes and for a moment, was lost in her dark green eyes. He closed his eyes and kissed her passionately. Ashlee embraced him, arms around his neck. She ran her fingers through his short, slightly curly hair. Breathless, they stopped and looked at each other.

“I could stay like this forever,” Ashlee said quietly.

“I could stay with you forever.”

Taken aback, Ashlee just starred. She didn’t know how to respond. Thoughts of Jacob and their relationship began to flood her mind. She didn’t want to get hurt again, and she certainly didn’t want to hurt someone else.