- Text Size +
Ashlee and AJ arrived at the hotel in Tampa at one o’ clock in the morning, Florida time. Ashlee threw her stuff on the floor and then herself on the bed.

“I. Am. WIPED.”

AJ lied down on the bed next to her.

“Egh..me too.”

Ashlee turned over to face AJ and smiled. At that moment she became overwhelmed with a memory from the night before her father died.


Ashlee was lying in the bed next to Jacob. She looked over at him and smiled. Jacob smiled back and reached over and kissed her. She returned the kiss and moved closer so the that her body was close to his. Ashlee ran her fingers through his hair as his hand made his way down her slender stomach. Ashlee stopped and looked at him. Jacob looked her in the eyes. Ashlee looked away and thought to herself for a moment.

“Baby?” Jacob took her chin with one hand and brought it so that he could look at her. “What’s the matter?” He asked wiping away the tear coming out of the corner of her eye.

Ashlee smiled. “I love you.”

Jacob smiled back. “I love you, too.” He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

“I’m rea..*sigh*..I’m ready to..”

Jacob brought his finger to her lips. “Shhh.”

He kissed her gently on the lips, and then began to kiss her neck. He unbuttoned her shirt and worked his way down to her waist. He looked back up at her. She smiled softly. He smiled back and began unbuttoning her jeans.

“WAIT! I can’t.”

“What?”

“I just..I don’t think this is a good idea. Not right now. I’m sorry.”

She sat up and buttoned her shirt back up.

“I’m sorry, Jacob.”

Ashlee got up and grabbed her bag. As she was walking out the door, Jacob grabbed her by the hand.

“It’s okay. I will wait for you. I love you.”

“I love you too.” She smiled and walked out the door.



The next day Ashlee would walk in to find Jacob having sex with some one else.

No, wonder why he said he would wait, she thought bitterly.

“Ash, are you okay?”

Ashlee looked at AJ.

“Alex, I really hope that you’re not..expecting anything from me.”

“The only thing I expect, is that you be who you want to be. I don’t want you to live your life aiming to please me. I did that way too much myself, it’s not fun. I only want you to be happy.”

Ashlee smiled and cuddled up in his arms. Within ten minutes both of them would sound asleep.



It was a hectic morning trying to get ready. Having to be at the rehabilitation center at ten o’ clock, waking up at 9 o’ clock posed a slight problem. 45 minutes later, they walked into the center to see the rest of the guys there and a tall, very slim and very blonde woman standing in a corner talking on her cell phone.

“What the hell is SHE doing here?” AJ said loudly.

“Calm down, AJ. Apparently her and Nick talked over this last month, and they’re going to try and work things out.” Brian said walking over to Ashlee and AJ.

The tall blonde put her phone in her purse and turned around, Ashlee almost choked on her own saliva.

“Paris Hilton?” She whispered to AJ, not taking her eyes off Paris.

“Alex! It’s so good to see you? Who’s your cute friend?” Paris walked over to the two of them.

“Hello, Paris.” AJ said with a bitter tone. “This is my girlfriend Ashlee. Ashlee, this is Paris.”

Ashlee stuck out her hand. “Nice to mee..”

“Oh goodness! Forget hand shaking! Give me a hug!” She pulled Ashlee in for a very unwelcomed hug. “You saved my baby’s life! He’s told me so much about you!”

Ashlee looked back at the other guys with complete confusion.

“Um, yea.” Ashlee said as Paris finally let go.

“Excuse me, are you all here for Mr. Carter?” A short, grey haired lady asked from behind the desk.

“Yes,” replied Howie.

“Okay. Just go straight through that door and take a left at the first entry way. He will be waiting there for you.”

Howie and Kevin were the first two to walk in, followed by Brian and AJ, leaving Ashlee to walk with Paris.
Ashlee smiled at Paris. Paris simply looked at her and stopped her before they were about to walk through the door.

“Nick told me what happened in the airport. If you even look at him in my presence, I will ruin your life faster then you got it back together.” And she walked through the door, pulling a handkerchief out of her purse.

Ashlee followed behind her, knowing this was going to be the longest weekend of her life.