- Text Size +
“Ashlee,” AJ reached over and grabbed her hand. “Baby, I’m sorry. I just...I’m not very happy about Paris being here. I know what her intentions are and it kills me that Nick is falling for it again. I didn’t mean take it out on you. I’m sorry.”

Ashlee looked at AJ and smiled softly.

“It’s okay. I don’t actually want to go home. I just don’t want to deal with her either.”

AJ smiled and leaned over and kiss Ashlee softly on the lips.

“Kay, so. Let’s just head back to the hotel, we can grab something to eat there.”

“Sounds good.”



“What the hell is all this?” AJ said as him and Ashlee pulled into the parking lot.

“Uuum, I don’t think it a good thing. Remember how we wanted to keep our relationship as private as possible…”

“Un-fucking-believable.”

AJ looked at Ashlee.

“What ever you do, don’t look at anybody; don’t say anything to anybody, just get to the room as fast as you can.”

Ashlee nodded and opened the door, but shut it quickly and quietly.

“Wait. What if I go first, and you just stay here until I’m in the hotel. They won’t know who I was until I am...well, not there.” She said smiling.

“Good plan! See you in a few.”

Ashlee slowly got out the car. She looked around and gathered herself together.

“Ooookay,” she sighed. “I hope this works.”

She walked through the enormous crowd of what seemed to be a mixture of fans and paparazzi. When she opened the door to the hotel she couldn’t believe what she was seeing.

“I should have taken the back way.”

“Ashlee! Come here sweetie!”

Paris ran over to Ashlee and gave her an extremely fake hug. She then pulled her over to stand with her and Nick. Ashlee glared at Nick and he just shrugged.

“America, you will all be saddened to know that two of your favorite single Backstreet Boys are taken. Not only have me and Nick patched things up...”

Ashlee’s eyes got wider and every muscle in her body became tenser with each word she spoke.

“..But your bad boy AJ McLean is now off the market also.”

Nick started cough and Ashlee just smiled awkwardly.

“Um…yea. Thanks,” she said to Paris. “Nice meeting you all, I have to go now.”

As Ashlee started toward the elevator she heard at least a dozen reporters scramble toward the entrance.

“AJ!”

“Mr. Mclean!”

“Is it true that you are dating at this moment?”

“What is her name?”

“How long have you two been dating?”

Ashlee turned and looked at AJ in horror.

“Excuse me, but when I feel that I want to discuss my personal life with you, I will call you.”

AJ pushed his way to Ashlee.

“Excuse me,” he said as he bumped into a tall blonde woman. “Sor...you! You did this!”

Paris smiled at AJ, and then turned back to Nick and the reporters and their camera men.

AJ ran to Ashlee.

“We’re taking the stairs.” He grabbed her hand and pulled into the hallway.

Once they were clear of all people, AJ slammed his hand on the way.

“I can’t believe her!”

“Oh my God! Alex! Stop it! It will be okay!”

“I wanted to let the public know that we were dating on my own time, not hers. Publicity. That’s all she wants. And Nick is so stupid that he’s going to fall for it again. I’m not going to let her do this again.”

AJ looked down at his hand. It was bleeding.
“Shit!”

“Let’s just get back to the room. You call Brian and I’ll call the front desk and have them bring up a first aid kit.”

AJ nodded.



The walk up to their room a silent one. Once in, Ashlee called the front desk.

AJ took out his phone and dialed Brian’s number.

“Hey Brian, um. Are you here yet?...No? Well…take the back way up. You’ll see why when you get here. Bye.”

Ashlee looked at AJ and smiled softly.

“They’re bringing it up. It make take a few, apparently there’s something going on down there.”

AJ laughed at this then put his head in his good hand.
Ashlee scooted over to him and put her arm around him.

“It’ll be okay, baby. I promise.”

AJ nodded and put his head on her shoulder and the sat in silence for a few moments.

“Is it always this nuts?” Ashlee said finally.

“What?”

“Being a pop star?”

AJ smiled. “Yea, and it’s even more nut when you’re dating someone who isn’t a pop star.”

AJ looked at Ashlee.

“We’ve never actually talked about the crazy parts of us dating. Now that people know we’re dating, things are going to change.”

Ashlee sighed.

“I know. But, I don’t care. I love you and that’s really all I care about.”

“Kay, good.” He smiled. After a few moments he looked at her with a big grin on his face. “Oh, and I love you, too.”

She laughed, “You’re a dork.”

“AJ! Ashlee!” There was a knock at the door. “It’s Brian. Let me in! Some one is following me!”

AJ ran to the door and let Brian in and shut the door.

“Where are Kevin and Howie?

“They’re coming. What is going on?!”

AJ looked at Ashlee then at Brian.

“Brian, we have a…uh…situation on our hands. And with your wittiness, you can help us.”

Brian raised his eye brows.

“Great.” He said flatly.