- Text Size +
“Don’t give me that look, Bri.”

“Well, I don’t know if I want to get involved...”

“Um, hello?” There was a knock at the door. “Brian! Why were you running away from me?”

“Egh,” Ashlee rolled her eyes and opened the door with out looking at Nick.

“Well hello to you too.”

“I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be too happy with me if I called all the news stations and news paper reporters and pretty much everyone in the town and their DOG to announce that you just came out of rehab.” Ashlee walked up to Nick and looked at him with extreme anger, “I don’t know what you see in that woman, but she is NOT good for. You would think you would have realized it the first TWO times she dumped you on you’re ass.”

“Ash, calm down.” AJ walked over to Ashlee and grabbed her arm gently.

“No, Alex. This is bull shit. I want to leave. I don’t care where I go at this point and time, but until the idiot realizes what’s good for him and what isn’t, I’m done.”

“What’s going? Why are you yelling? Are you upset, sweetie?” Paris walked in the room and put her around Nick’s waist.

“Not now,” he whispered in her ear.

Ashlee smirked, “You have GOT to be kidding me. Excuse me.” Ashlee pushed her way around Nick and Paris.

As soon as Ashley got into the hallway, her phone rang.

“Hey, Lindsey! What’s up?”

“Um…I…I think you need to come home,” Lindsey said quietly.

“Why? Are you okay?”

There was silence for a few moments.

“Um…Mia..” Lindsey began to cry.

Ashlee’s heart dropped to her stomach.

“Mia…sh-she was in a c-car accident.”

“W-what?” Ashlee said quietly. “Is she okay?”

“Uh…n-no.”

“Oh my God.” Ashlee could feel the tears streaming down her face. “I will be there as soon as I can.”

Ashlee hung up the phone and sat down on the floor slowly.

“Ashlee? What’s wrong?” Howie walked around the corner followed by Kevin. As soon as Howie saw Ashlee he rushed to see what was wrong.

“I have to go home.”

Howie knew she didn’t feel like talking about why. “Okay. Let’s get your stuff, and Alex, and we’ll take you to the airport.

Ashlee nodded and allowed Howie and Kevin to help her to her feet.

Ashlee felt weak and dizzy. She held on to Kevin to get from falling.

“Oh my God, Ashlee! Baby, what’s wrong?”

AJ ran over to Ashlee and she fell into his arms.

“It’s Mia,” she began to sob uncontrollably. “S-she was i-in a car a-accident. I need to go h-home.”

“Okay, baby.”

“Well as exciting as this is. Nick, can we go. I need to feed Tink.”

Nick stood there, thinking about what Ashlee had said just moments before. He looked at Ashlee then back at Paris.

“No.”

“Excuse me?” she said bewildered.

“I said no. I really don’t know why I called you in the first place. I’m not dealing with you anymore. I’m sorry Paris. I’m done.”

Paris stared at Nick blankly.

“Bye,” he said flatly and waved good-bye in her face.

“Well, at least you caught on sooner this time. I’ll give you that much.” And she walked out.

Ashlee looked at Nick and smiled lightly. He smiled back and walked over to her.

“Thank you. That’s twice you’ve saved my life.” He pulled her into a huge hug. “I wish I knew someway to repay you.”

“I just want my friend to be okay,” she said quietly and closed her eyes.

Nick rested his head in hers.

“What ever happens, I’m here for you. And remember, everything happens for a reason.”

“I know, thank you.” She looked up and smiled at Nick, then walked over to help AJ finish packing their stuff.