- Text Size +
Ashlee could not believe this was happening. For the past 8 years she had been too poor to even go see the Backstreet Boys in concert, but now she can and not only is she going to see the concert from the 10th row, but she will also be going to the soundcheck.

“Oh my God. Meemolz, do you realize that we are going to be like..five feet from AJ McLean?!” Ashlee said to her best friend Mia.

“OH MY GOD, I KNOW! Leelolz, this is the BEST weekend EVER.” Mia said to Ashlee.

They both stood in line, along with about 30 other fans, outside the entrance to the amplitheatre, waiting to go inside. After about 15 minutes of great anticipation, the doors opened, and Ashlee’s stomach did about 30 cart wheels. She turned to Mia and they both squeeled and linked arms as they walked in.

They walked in and there they were. The Backstreet Boys. Ashlee and Mia walked a little bit faster to get the closest seat they could get to AJ. As soon as they took their seats they took out their cameras, pictures, and Sharpies. They didn’t want to miss ANY great opportunities.

“Helloooooo Backstreet Fans!” a strange, older voice said. “I’m DJ Nano from Star 98.4. Welcome to the Backstreet Boy’s Soundcheck Party for their Never Gone Tour 2005!”

Ashlee and Mia then tuned out the annoying DJ and focused their attention the boys. They began to take random pictures of the boys. Ashlee turned her camera to AJ, and just as she snapped her picture, AJ stuck his tongue out and closed his eyes. Ashlee put the camera back in her lap in awe of what just happened, eyes still locked with AJ’s and he gave her, what seemed like, a very sincere smile. She smiled back then looked quickly down at her camera as if she was fixing something. She then turned to Mia and said, “AJ just stuck his tongue out at me, and I got a picture.”

“Heck YES!” said Mia. “Keep pictures like that coming!"

After about an hour of questions for the guys and songs from the guys, it was time to take group photos and leave the soundcheck. The boys put their stools away and just as AJ turned around, he couldn’t help but notice the cute girl that he had made the funny face at. She was turned away from him, putting up her long, curly black hair. He instantly fixed his eyes on the beautiful tattoo on the back of her neck. It was a small white heart, about the size of a quarter with wings about three inches long that were beautiful filled with dark rainbow colors. The girl turned around and AJ quickly looked away. Everyone made their way up the front of the stage where the fans took pictures and the boys posed for the fans. The DJ then strated to usher the boys out for a radio interview. AJ tried to procrastinate as long as could so he could at least tell the girl how beautiful her tattoo was, or even perhaps say hello, but he was pushed out as fast the fans were.


AJ walked out of the office and grabbed Ashlee by the arm and turned her around where they were face to face, eyes locked like they were just four months before.
“I do remember you.”