- Text Size +
They stood there for, what seemed like, forever. Ashlee’s heart was racing. I haven’t felt this nervous in a long time..it’s probably just because it’s a Backstreet Boy that I’m staring at.

Eyes still connected with AJ’s, Ashlee said, “Um, I better call my manager and tell him the powers out.”

“Yea. Uhh, good plan,” AJ replied and quickly looked away.

Ashlee walked back into the office and started shifting around papers, trying to find her managers number. AJ put his hands in his pockets and walked back up front to the lobby and sat down. What is it about this girl. We haven’t even formally met. If it wasn’t for her name tag, I wouldn’t even know her name. There’s something about the look in her eyes..Just then his phone rang. It was Brian.

“Hey Bri, what’s up?”

“Just got a call from our friends in higher places. We’re snowed in. The airport’s shut down, all the exits out of here are either shut down or to dangerous to drive on. Looks like we’re spending the night here.”

AJ’s heart did a flip flop.

“Oh, AND, the power is out everywhere. Even at McDonalds. Looks like poor little Nicky poo’s gonna starve to death.”

“Shut up.” AJ heard Nick say in the background.

“Haha, okay, well, go ahead and come back here and we’ll figure out something.”

“Okay, bye!”

“Hey Ashlee! How big is your house?!” he yelled back to Ashlee.

There was no reply, so he got up and went to the office.

“Um, I really don’t want to stay here all day and wait for the power to come back on. If it’s that important to you, you can march your happy butt down here and wait yourself....that’s what I thought. I’ll put all the food away, not that it’ll do much good, but I’ll do it and I’ll call you when I leave...okay bye.”

Ashlee turned the chair toward the office door and saw AJ standing there. She smiled and said, “Can I help you, sir?”

“Actually, yea. The guys and I are stuck here all night. What should we do??”

“Uhm, let me call my driver and tell her to go home and then I’ll call my house and see what my mom’s cooking for dinner..if we have power.”

“How old are you?”

“19"

“And you live with your mother?”

Ashlee gave AJ a very irritated look, “Yeaaaa..only until I graduate college. I’ll be done in June, because I’m just going for photography.”

“Oh, well, I guess that’s okay,” he said with a smile.

She smiled back and said, “Let me call my driver and the mother that I live with and then I can let you know what you all can do, okay?”

“Yes Mam’!”

“Hahahaa..you are too funny, “ Ashlee said sarcastically. She turned around and dialed Lindsey’s number.

AJ caught sight of her tattoo once again. There’s something about that tattoo..I wonder why she has it..