- Text Size +
“Thank you for listening,” Ashlee said in a hushed and tearful voice..

AJ gently lifted Ashlee up and wiped the tears from her face once more and said, “Thank you for letting me.”

“Uncle Alex!! It’s time for ice cream!! Miss Ashlee! Want so ice cream??”

Ashlee and AJ quickly pulled themselves together as Baylee came running in the room and jumped on the bed.

“Oh my! Excited are we?” Ashlee laughed.

Baylee nodded, “Come on! Let’s go have some ice cream!!”

He grabbed Ashlee by the hand and drug her into the kitchen.

“They want ice cream Miss Rhonda!”

Alex walked into the kitchen patting his stomach, “I’ll have just a small scoop please. I’m still full from dinner!”

Ashlee smiled and walked over to her mom, “Same with me!” She leaned close to her and said, “Thank you so much for doing this. I love you!” And she gave her mom a big hug.

“No problem sweetie! Love you too,” Rhonda said as she kissed her daughter on the head.

Rhonda finished serving up the ice cream and Baylee helped AJ and Ashlee hand out the ice cream. They all sat in the living room and talked about the boys’ come back and some of the fun times they had in the past. Ashlee was soaking in every minute of it and having a blast when her phone rang...

“And I just want you to knoooow, that I’ve been fighting to leet you goo..”

Ashlee struggled to find her phone as fast as she could. For one, she was completely embarrassed. And for two, it was Mia.

“Um, excuse me,” she said politely and walked back to the bathroom.

“OH MY GOD! MEEMOLZ! You will never guess who is sitting my living room right now!”

“Hahaha..the Backstreet Boys,” Mia said laughing.

“Um, actually..yes. I think you need to come over here right NOW.”

“Oh my God. Are you serious?”

“Would I lie to about something this serious??”

“No.”

“Then get over here. And please..be cool about it.”

“Kay! BYE!”

“Bye,” Ashlee hung up laughing to herself.

“WOAH! Sorry! I didn’t know you were in here!”

Nick turned around so fast, he might have gotten whip lash. Ashlee laughed.

“I wasn’t using the bathroom, I was just talking to my friend. Um, so..my friend..Mia. She’s as much of a fan as I am and I told her to come over and she’ll be here in about two minutes..” Ashlee paused and then looked at Nick. “You’re her favorite..along with AJ, but she likes you a little more, and I was thinking maybe you could be the one to open the door when she gets here.”

Nick smiled, “Sure, kiddo. That’s cool.”

“Cool! Thanks!” Ashlee smiled and walked out of the bathroom.

“Hey, Ashlee.”

“Yea.”

“Um, I’m sorry I was a jerk earlier. I’ve just had, um, quite the day..”

Ashlee smiled again, “It’s okay! We all have our days.”

“Thanks.”

Ashlee walked back to the living room and told the guys and Leighanne that Mia was coming over and a few moments later, Nick was back from the bathroom and there was a knock on the door.

“That’s your cue big man,” AJ said to Nick.

Nick walked up to the door, and opened it slowly....