- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a collaboration.
Prologue

Shuffling through the résumé's, Brian Littrell heaved a sigh of discontent. No one was right for what he had in mind. Certainly, they all had wonderful histories of hit songs and big name musicians recording their work, but none had the one thing he was searching for. He wanted talent. A song that leaped off the page and grabbed his attention, not to mention his heart. Shaking his head, he shoved the papers into the folder and glanced at his watch, realizing he was already late for his next appointment. One look outside showed his car already waiting at the curb.

Pushing through the glass doors leading to the busy street, he saw a flash of green before he felt himself falling to the cold cement sidewalk, his folder sliding away. Wincing painfully, he shifted to assess damage, realizing there was a body beneath him. Scrambling to his feet, he reached to rub his aching knee, his other hand stretching out to help the young woman to her feet. "I'm sorry. Didn't see you flying by—"

“Flying by?” The blonde woman brushed off his hand, and got to her feet on her own. “You’re the one acting like you’re better than everyone else in this city. Go, go get in your little black car and go make your millions, see if I give a shit.”

Brian just stood there, What? Had that really just happened? He opened the door of the car and stepped in, his mind still reeling from the previous events. How could someone be so bitter?

*****

"Alexander McLean, you have such a way of getting yourself into such bullshit," AJ McLean muttered to himself as he strolled out of Johnny Wright's office. Still shaking his head over what he had signed up to do, he headed for the elevator. What did he know about jazzing up a website? Not a damn thing, he decided with a sigh. He had enough trouble remembering how to get to the official website, yet he had volunteered to be a creative consultant. "Because you're a sap for a challenge," he grumbled aloud as the elevator doors slid open.

"Whoops!" A smiling young woman nearly fell off the elevator, quickly righting herself. Wagging her fingers in his direction, she headed for Johnny's office at a run.

AJ turned his head, following her quick footsteps.

“Are you okay?” he called after her.

Blushing uncontrollably, the young woman turned and nodded, “Fine!” before darting down another hallway.

AJ smiled to himself. “And fine you are,” he laughed softly, gently pressing the elevator button down. Once inside he leaned against the elevator walls and sighed, God did he want a girlfriend. Someone to truly love him…