- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So one day after classes, i was venting to Alesha about them. We started talking about how I needed Nick to come over and give me a massage cause I was stressed, and this story was born :). It has strayed from the original concept, but we both like it. This is both our first collaboration, and we hope you like it. Oh, and we couldn't really find good places to make it into chapters, cause then there would be alot of short chapters, so here is a looooong story.

Some background info. This takes place at Miami University, and all the characters are Sophomores. The majors are really offered at Miami (i felt like an academic advisor coming up with the classes the characters needed to take hehe), all the places mentioned are either on campus or off, but are real, Professor Brock (no relation to B-rok hehe) really was my Econ professor, and the Econ exam "fiasco" really happened. Some background info on the characters (it is easier to say here than to add it to the fic, since we wanted to keep this short, aka, it would be even longer, which isnt needed lol). Felicia and Alex have known each other since Kindergarten, Felicia roomed with Alesha and Alex with Nick their freshman year, and that is how the couple's met. Enjoy!

Oh, and if ya read it on MBSBFC, this is the same story, we just decided to change the name after we sent it out, and some other things have been tweaked hehe. Oh, and I'm With You....hm....well, Ive sorta had a writers block with that. Like, I have the idea in my head, i just cant seem to want to type it out. It could be because it's drawing to a close soon, unless i can think of more drama. But if theres more drama, then it will just be dragging on, but i really dont want it to end. That was my first fic I've ever written, so...when i have time, ill update it, hopefully before I go back to school.


Stress 101

*~*Laws Hall*~*

Alesha Hall waited outside of Alex McLean’s, her boyfriend of nine months, Economics room, waiting patiently and hoping that Alex did awesome on his exam. Within minutes of arriving there Alex stepped out of class with his head hung low.

"Alex?" Alesha asked with concern. Alex looked up to see his beautiful girlfriend Alesha walking towards him, and wrapped her in a warm hug.

"How did you do, Baby." Alesha questioned still holding onto Alex by the waist.

"I think I failed. I mean I studied non stop, but I think I failed," Alex spoke, doubting himself as if it came easily. “This was a waste of a Wednesday evening,” he mumbled.

"Hey. Don’t say that, you and Felicia studied so much! But lets stop thinking about econ cause that is all you have done for the past two weeks. Its time to have some fun. Lets go get some pizza for all of us to share. But before we meet up with the married couple, lets have our own couple time." Alesha suggested to Alex

Alex leaned into Alesha still holding onto her and closing the gap between them by laying a soft yet sweet kiss on Alesha’s lips. "I’d like that." came Alex reply.

The two walked silently through the maze of hallways in the business building, hand in hand, out the door and to the floral gardens. Sitting on a bench Alex brought Alesha close to sit on his lap. This was a special place for Alex and Alesha both; it is where they shared their first kiss. Moments of silence with each other meant everything. Alex leaned in after he had been mesmerized by Alesha’s beauty. Alex nuzzled her neck for a little bit then started kissing her on the mouth, with all the emotion he had bottled up.

*~*Swing Hall*~*

“Whatcha doing?” Felicia Levine asked her boyfriend, Nick Carter as she walked into his room.

“Studying.” Nick said curtly.

Felicia chuckled. “Which class?”

“Sedimentology. Why am I a geology major again?” Nick groaned as he folded his arms and put his head down on his desk, trying to get away from information about rocks.

“Because there are no oceans near Oxford, so they don’t even think people would want to be Marine Biologists,” Felicia said as she started to rub his shoulders. “Anyways, think of it this way. You wouldn’t have met me if it weren’t for this school, and you aren’t the one doing the five year accounting program.”

“True.” Nick chuckled. “I don’t know how you are going to stand graduate school here.” He looked over at the clock. “I’m guessing you finished the exam early?”

“Yeah. I felt bad. Alex looked like he was really struggling when I left,” Felicia sighed, still working on Nick’s tense shoulders.

Nick’s head snapped up. “Okay, now really. You and Alex have been spending so much time together studying for that test, if your professor doesn’t give you both A’s; I’M going to have a fit! I lost valuable time with you!”

Felicia laughed. “Oh, stop being a drama queen.”

“Drama king thank you very much…. Maybe you should become a masseuse instead, you give great massages.”

“Your just biased,” Felicia said and kissed the top of his head.

“I have reason to be,” Nick said. He spun his desk chair around and pulled Felicia into his lap.

“Nick!” Felicia squealed and playfully hit his arm. “I’m distracting you. You need to study!”

“I’m still studying. Just a different subject,” he smirked, holding her close, running his hands up and down her back.

“What subject’s that?” Felicia asked raising an eyebrow.

“Female anatomy,” Nick said just above a whisper, kissing Felicia while holding her close.

*~*~*

"Mmmm. I like this." Alesha pulled away for a brief second, but leaned in again to give a quick peck.

"I like this, too." Alex quietly replied leaning in for some more.

"Well hate to break it to you, baby,” Alesha said as she held Alex at bay, “We have pizza to buy at Bruno’s, with mushrooms. I have no idea why Nick likes mushrooms. Gag me,” she laughed getting up off of Alex back and pulling him to his feet.

"Cause the kid is strange Alesha. Which means one extra large pizza with lots of cheese, and one medium for Nick with I dare say Mushrooms, nasty, and pepperoni,” Alex replied with a gagging sound and laughing.

The two took the bus uptown to Bruno’s still discussing Nick’s strange love of mushrooms, laughing the whole way. They ordered the food and within 20 minutes both pizzas were done. Alesha carried the pop and Alex the pizza as they walked back down the hill.

"Ohhh man, I am so hungry just carrying these pizza’s,” Alex whined

"Don’t whine baby, it makes it worse. We will be there in a few minutes and lets hope Felicia and Nick haven’t started eating PB&J’s yet."Alesha laughed

"Oh I am sure baby they are not eating PB&J’s the two of them can not keep each others hands off of each other." Alex replied shaking his head as Alesha laughed. Alesha managed to swipe her ID card to be let into Swing, allowing Alex to head up ahead of her three flights of stairs.

*~*Alex and Nick’s Room*~*

“WE’VE GOT PIZ---Geeze you two! Close the door next time!” Alex laughed as he and Alesha walked in seeing Nick’s hands underneath the back of Felicia’s shirt.

Felicia and Nick pulled away from each other, Nick’s hands no longer under her shirt, but he wouldn’t let go of a now crimson-faced Felicia. “It’s my room too, I can kiss my girlfriend in here if I want.”

“Just saying, close the door and put a rubber band on the handle next time if your going to get all touch feely, alright?” Alex laughed and set the pizzas on the floor, also known as the dining room table.

“Sure, whatever man,” Nick rolled his eyes as he and Felicia sat down on the floor, digging into the cheesy pizza.

“Felicia, how do you think you did on the econ exam?” Alesha asked as she sat between Alex’s legs eating her pizza.

“I don’t think I did too bad, it was just…. interesting I guess. I’m not used to that style of an exam,” Felicia said. “I mean, who would consider that what terrorists do could have economic theory behind it?”

“WHAT?” Alesha laughed as Nick nearly choked on a mushroom.

“Professor Brock is an interesting professor,” Felicia laughed and kissed Nick’s cheek. “Are you okay baby?”

“I think so,” Nick managed to get out.

“Well, after the little show we saw before, I’d say your safe Nick,” Alex snickered.

Felicia raised her eyebrow. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You obviously know how to give some mouth to mouth—HEY!” Alex shouted as the two girls laughed when Nick dumped his soda on top of him.

"Well we better get going, baby. We have to study even though I don’t want to." Alesha whined

“Yeah, and I’m a bit sticky, thanks to my LOVING roommate,” Alex rolled his eyes as he went to grab his robe and a change of clothes.

“You deserved it man,” Nick cackled as he held onto Felicia from behind, resting his head on her shoulder.

“Yeah yeah, whatever,” Alex shook his head. He gave Alesha a peck on the lips. “I’ll meet you down there, alright?”

“Uh huh,” Alesha smiled. She waved bye to the rest as she made her way downstairs.

~Felicia & Alesha’s room"

Twenty minutes had past and Alesha only made it halfway through her assigned reading for Friday. Alex, only with his shower caddy and robe, made his way to Alesha and Felicia’s room, and opened the door.

"This crap sucks!" Alesha yelled slamming her book shut and making Alex jump, dropping his caddy. Alesha sighed, “I’m sorry baby,” she said as she rubbed her neck.

“It’s okay,” Alex said as he bent down to pick up his things. “What’s wrong?”

“Psychology,” Alesha groaned. “Why am I doing this again?” she said, still rubbing her sore neck.

“Because you love people and you love to see others happy before you see yourself happy. Now why don’t you take a break,” Alex suggested.

“But I’m only halfway done with the reading,” Alesha tried to make her point.

Alex shook his head. “Nope, you have all of tomorrow to finish it since you lucked out with no classes. I’m going to give you one of my massages…once I get some boxers on,” he said, making Alesha go to her bed.

“But Alex, your massages make me fall asleep. I don’t wanna sleep,” Alesha whined.

Alex chuckled and kissed her forehead as she sat down. “It’s eight o’clock sweetheart, you can afford to catch up on some sleep tonight.”

Alesha sighed but didn’t complain anymore. It’s true; lately she had been staying up late to study when she didn’t need to, which did not help her remember certain facts any more than if she was studying at noon.

Alex quickly threw on some boxers and a t-shirt, discarding the robe in the middle of the floor. He straddled Alesha from behind, giving her the back massage that she deserved.

"Relax Alesha. You are stressing baby. You need to relax." Alex whispered in Alesha’s ear.

Alesha’s breathing rested out. Alex continued to work his magic on Alesha’s muscles. “I think this is just what I needed baby. Will you stay here tonight I don’t think Fe is coming back tonight." Alesha replied tiredly.

Alex leaned down kissing Alesha on her neck. "Anything you want, hun. Anything you want."

Alex soon noticed that Alesha was sound asleep. He stopped the back massage taking off Alesha’s shoes, pants, and shirt. Alex then took off his shirt and put it on Alesha. He lifted up the comforter and pulling it up over both of there bodies. Alesha snuggled close to Alex as Alex did the same.

*~*Two Days Later*~*

“Now remember,” Professor Brock said as he stood behind his makeshift podium, “think of this class like a hockey game. This exam was only the first period. You still have two more periods to win the game. If you did do poorly then come by during office hours and we can work on something to help you do better. And for future exams, I do take improvement into account.” He picked up the graded exams and made his way to the back of the room, while Felicia and Alex sat next to each other in the front row.

“God I am so nervous,” Alex groaned as he laid his head down on the table. “Why did we have to sit in the front again?”

“Because they were the only seats left,” Felicia sighed, playing with her charm bracelet.

After what seemed like the longest time, Professor Brock handed the two their exams back so they couldn’t see the grade right away.

“On three?” Felicia asked Alex, griping her exam tightly.

Alex nodded in response holding his just as tightly. “One, two…three,” he said and immediately the two turned them over. Alex quickly saw that he scored an 82 on the exam. Felicia meanwhile had trouble realizing that she scored a 53 on it, her smile soon turned into a look of shock.

“I can’t believe it,” they both mumbled, but for very different reasons.

Alex turned to Felicia with a big grin on his face, but when he saw her not returning it he knew she didn’t do too well. “How bad is it?” he asked quietly.

“I…. I failed it…” Felicia said softly, and then looked at him trying not to break down. “I’ve never got below a B before…. and I failed it….”

“Alright, lets go over them now,” Professor Brock said as he went back to his podium and notes before Alex had a chance to console Felicia.

*~*Swing Hall*~*

On the way back from class, Alex tried as hard as he could to cheer Felicia up, from making funny voices to telling stories about the two of them as kindergarteners playing house; nothing worked.

“Are you going to be okay?” Alex asked as they got to Felicia and Alesha’s room.

Felicia let out a shaky sigh as she opened her door. “I don’t know, I just need to lay down I think.” She left Alex in the doorway as she kicked off her shoes, put her backpack in her chair and laid down on her bed facing the wall, not caring that her pajamas from last night were still in it.

Alesha was checking her e-mail as Felicia came in and gave Alex a look. Alex motioned for her to come outside. “I’m leaving my keys in here Felicia, I’ll just be upstairs,” she said, but Felicia’s response was her trying to hold back her sobs. Alesha sighed and left the room. “What happened?” she asked softly as she walked with Alex up the stairs to his and Nick’s room.

“We got our exam’s back,” Alex sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“You guys didn’t do so hot I take it?” Alesha asked wrapping an arm around him.

“Actually, I got a B on it. Felicia though, she bombed it,” Alex said.

“Oh no,” Alesha sighed. Alex opened his door just as Nick was opening it from the other side, on his way to check his mailbox.

“Hey you two…. where’s Felicia?” Nick asked. Usually after Alex and Felicia’s Econ class, when it wasn’t a night exam, the four of them hung out together in Nick and Alex’s room to do homework and goof off.

“She bombed the test man,” Alex sighed. “She’s taking it really hard.”

“She is?” Nick asked, already feeling bad for his girlfriend. He was answered by the other couple nodding their heads. “I’m going to make sure she’s okay. My keys are on my desk,” he said and before Alex could stop him he was already going down the hallway to the stairs.

“Alex,” Alesha sighed, sensing what her boyfriend was going to try to do, “let him try. He might be able to cheer her up.”

“I hope so. Come on, let’s watch “The Price is Right”,” Alex suggested as he ushered her into the room.

*~*Alesha and Felicia’s Room*~*

Nick walked down the girl’s floor to Felicia’s room, trying to think of ways to make her feel better. He found the door with “Alesha” and “Felicia” written on two small records, a decoration put on by the R.A.’s before the year started and knocked on the door. “Felicia?” he called softly, but wasn’t answered. However, before he opened the door he could hear her crying. He sighed and opened the door, met by Felicia sobbing, but trying to hold them back, while facing the wall adorned with posters of James Blunt, the musicals Wicked and Rent, and pictures of her and Nick. He quietly walked over to her and sat on the bed as he began to rub her shoulders. “Shhh…” he tried to soothe her as he rubbed her shoulders gently, placing kisses on them as well.

Felicia turned around and Nick was able to see that she was also clinging to her beanie buddy Corky the Cocker spaniel, one of the presents he got for her birthday. Nick held her close while rocking her, hoping she would calm down.

“I-I just d-don’t get it! I took th-this class in high school and got an A o-overall, never f-flunking a test! I-I’ve nev-er got b-below a C+ on ANYTHING!” Felicia vented among her sobs and hiccups.

“Shhh. It’ll be ok-“

“And ho-how did Alex get a be-better grade?” Felicia cut him off. “We studied to-together for the entire thi-thing! I-I’m happy for him, b-but it doesn’t make sense! And my dad will fr-freak out when he fin-finds out, and I ju-just joined th-that sorority…they co-could kick me o-out!”

“Shhh,” Nick tried again, placing a finger on her lips. “Sweetie, you don’t need to tell your dad about this exam. You can and will be able to bring your grade back up, alright? And maybe you can look at your exam and AJ’s to see how they differ, and if there is no difference bring it up to your professor. And the sorority thing? As long as you bring up your grade, there is nothing to worry about. Plus there is that whole probation thing you explained to me, you have nothing to worry about alright?” he asked as he continued to rub her back gently.

Felicia stayed quiet for a few minutes, trying to calm down. “I made a big deal out of nothing, di-didn’t I,” she asked meekly.

Nick chuckled a bit. “No you didn’t. Everyone has a breakdown every once in a while. Yours just happened to be today.”

Felicia snuggled closer to Nick, wiping away the rest of her tears. “Can we just stay like this? I’m too comfy to mo-move,” she said, knowing she needed to read for English but didn’t really want to, as the assignment wasn’t due until Monday.

“Of course babe, we don’t have Astronomy until two. I can run to the market for lunch if you want,” Nick said, pulling his legs onto the bed.

Felicia shook her head. “We can make sandwiches. I have cheese, peanut butter, and bananas--“

“My favorite!” Nick smiled.

“And just peanut butter for normal people,” Felicia teased, sticking out her tongue.

“Even though I can tell your feeling better, I’ll let that slide…. if you tell me you have sugar too!” Nick smirked.

“Only if you promise not to make a mess this time,” Felicia gave him a look, glancing at his watch and seeing it was 11:01. “Oh no! Price is Right is on! Turn it on!” she said, hitting his arm repeatedly.

“Hey! That’s abuse!” Nick laughed as he reached for the remote on her nightstand, clicking the small TV on just as Bob Barker walked through the doors. “See, we didn’t miss anything.”

“You can never chance it,” Felicia smiled, curled up in Nick’s arms. “I love you Nicky.”

“I love you too,” Nick replied kissing the top of her head as they continued to watch The Price is Right, hearing Alex and Alesha yell at the TV from the room above telling the contestants what to bid, getting it right every time.