- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know it's been over a month since I update and I'm so sorry for keeping you guys in suspicion...lol.
Chapter 21

Brian blinked his eyes in disbelief after he listened to Nick’s long tale.
“Nick, I… I just don’t know what to say.” Brian told him.
His eyes stung and seeing Nick in his wheelchair made him even guiltier.
“I… I’m so sorry.” Brian burst into tears, unable to control his emotions any longer.
“No, Brian, it’s not your fault.” Nick held his shaking frame.
Brian looked at him in confusion.
“But, but, but…” he was unable to speak and he let his voice drift off.
“You’ve been going through a lot; this shouldn’t be your fault.” Nick said to him firmly.
“I suck, you know that Nick.” Brian’s voice was barely above a whisper as he looked at Nick pleadingly.
“Some people say you suck, but I don’t think you…”
“Nick, you wouldn’t be in that wheelchair if it hadn’t been me.” Brian interrupted Nick, his voice growing tighter.
“Brian, listen to me,” Nick took hold of Brian’s shoulders as he began to sob again, “Brian, you’ve been an inspiration to me ever since I was a kid… You helped me get through a lot of difficult times I had in my teens and I should thank you for that.” he paused momentarily before continuing, “Without you, I would be helplessly groping in the dark. You’re a wonderful guy, Brian. Ever since you joined the Backstreet Boys, I’ve known for so long that you’re the band mate we’re looking for. You’ve contributed a lot to our group so you shouldn’t be kicked out. I’ll convince the other guys that you won’t be kicked out.”
Brian still had a look of skepticism in his eyes as he looked for Nick’s reassurance.
“We’re Frick and Frack, Brian. We’ll get through whatever comes our way.”