- Text Size +
About half an hour later, all four of us were ready to go out to dinner with the Boys, so we made our way up to Nick’s penthouse and walked in and sat on the couches. I was wearing a purple tube-top and dark-blue cut off jeans with black lace-up stilettos. My hair was down and I had some diamond earrings on. Ames was wearing an emerald green silk miniskirt with a white halter-top and white ballet flats. Savannah was in some "destroyed" jeans and a bright pink polo shirt with pink wood slip-ons. Bianca was wearing a tangerine halter dress that flared at her knees with black sling-back pumps.

When the guys walked out of their rooms, I heard five different pitches of whistle. I smiled at my girls and we got up from the couch. AJ walked over to Bianca and lazily eyed her entire body, and Nick came over and did the same to me. I could feel my face flush and to hugged him before I could feel anymore self-conscious. He kissed my shoulder while we hugged and I smiled against him. His hands carefully rubbed my back reassuringly and we let go of each other. I looked into his eyes after our embrace and something was different. There was a new sparkle in his eyes.

He kept me close to him and the rest of the guys came out and introduced themselves to Bianca and Savannah. I noticed that Howie was particularly interested in Ames. They hung together in the apartment and sat next to each other in the awaiting limo. We drove to New Jersey for dinner. We wanted to go to a place that was quainter and had less publicity. The place was a little Japanese Hibachi restaurant that the guys had rented out for the night.

"Let me show you to your room." The hostess said and directed us to a glassed in room that had a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean. The 9 of us sat down and began talking immediately.

"So, Bianca. AJ. Care to tell us what happened between the two of you?" I asked, eyeing the both of them.

"Well," they said at the same time. Bianca continued, "Well, last night we were just hanging out, chilling, and we were watching a movie while no one else was home and before we knew it, we were kissing. And it was great!" She was so enthusiastic and happy.

"Bianca, I knew something was different about you today. I mean, you were your normal morning self, but once you were awake, there was something else. I mean, even in the interview, you said you had a boyfriend and even when I wanted to make a face, I just kinda stayed with you. I mean, I swear I haven’t seen you this happy since Scott." Savannah said.

"Well, Scott was over a long time ago and you’re right, I am very happy. I mean, I know that our tour is coming up, but I know we can make it." Bianca said and looked endearingly at AJ. He squeezed her shoulders and rubbed her arm reassuringly. They smiled at each other and he kissed her forehead.

"So, Jade. How are you and Nick planning on staying together through all of this hoopla? I mean, Nick likes to have attention and he usually gets fidgety when his girlfriend’s not there for him." Kevin said pointedly and then looked at the menu.

"Wow, Kevin. You know, if you’re going to ask me a question like that, at least give me the respect of looking at me while I answer you." I snapped back. Kevin looked up with very nervous eyes. "Nick and I are going to be fine. You guys don’t even start rehearsing for your next tour for another six months or so, right? Well, AJ was at the photo-shoot today and he talked to Kirsten. She said that it would be ok if Nick and AJ joined us while we were traveling. I mean, it’s not like we’re doing huge musical performances, we’re going to be visiting high schools across the country talking to the students about body image and self-respect and peer pressures. We’re going to be positive role models for these kids and having Nick and AJ with us is going to be an added bonus. I know that the four of us have yet to seriously talk about it; we know that we won’t be together 24/7, but we’re going to make time. We’re going to do what we can to make it work out. So, now let me ask you. What about you and Kristin? Where is she? Are the rumors of infidelity true Kevin?" I shot at him.

He buried his head back in his menu and turned a deep shade of red. "I’m sorry Jade if I’ve offended you." He said a moment later and looked up at me. "No, Kris and I are fine; we’re both very busy people. I guess I shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions about you and Nick before you’d even made it out of the one-week mark. I apologize. Nicky, why aren’t you even saying anything?"

"Well, because I know that Jade can handle herself. She needs me to protect her from real dangers, not you Kevin." Nick said and held my hand under the table and began to run his thumb over my fingers.

"Kevin, I want to like you. I want us to get along. I want us to be friends even, but how is all of that going to happen if you’re going to be cynical every step of mine and Nick’s relationship?" I asked him.

"I guess it’s more of a protection thing. He’s my baby brother. I’ve watched him get hurt before, too many times. You’re already different from the other girls, but things change. People change." He said.

"Kev, I love you man, but I’m a grown-up. I don’t need to be watched like a thirteen year-old any more. Yes, I’ve gone through my share of heartbreak and mistakes, but I’ve learn from those mistakes and moved on. I’m happy right now. Happier than I’ve been in a while." Nick said. "Can we just order? I’m starving!"

As if on cue, the waitress came out and our personal chef followed suit. He started to unload all of the ingredients that were on his cart and began cooking us a delicious dinner. After we ate the dinner, it was still early, so we decided to go to a club back in New York and have a little fun. We all got in the limo and everyone fell asleep almost immediately.

Nick’s POV

I had Jade under my arm and I was stroking her hair when I noticed that AJ and I were the only ones still awake.

"AJ McLean. I am proud of you man. Bianca sure seems like a great girl." I said.

"Yeah. She’s great. We’re so happy too. I mean, I don’t think I’ve been this happy to be with someone since before I went into rehab." He said.

"That’s really cool. That’s how I feel about Jade. It’s so weird, the chance meeting we had, and now we’re dating." I said.

"Hey Nick, does Jade know about Holli? I mean, I’ve heard you mention Willa and Paris, and obviously she knows about Kirsten, but anything about Holli?" He asked me.

"No. I’m not going to tell her for a while. I mean, I’m over her and everything, but I’m just not ready to answer all the questions that I know she’s going to have. Some of them I still don’t have any answers to." I said.

"Nick, she needs to know. I mean, at least mention her name to Jade. A relationship is about honesty and trust. You can’t lie to her." AJ said to me.

"I’m not lying to her. I’m temporarily leaving out a detail regarding a past relationship. It’s not like I’m cheating on her; it’s not like I’m a drug-lord. I just don’t want to drag up painful memories. And besides, I’m sure she hasn’t told me everything. I mean, we’ve only been dating for a week. We have the rest of our lives to find out everything and to argue and make up. Besides, if she likes me as much as I know she does, she’ll be cool with it. She’ll understand." I said, defending both Jade and myself. I kissed the top of her head and ran my hand over her hair.

"I hope you don’t wait too long to tell her Nick. By the way, do you ever talk to Holli?" He asked me.

"Nah. When she left, I thought I was in a dream state but then one day like, 3 months later she called and came and took all of her stuff out of the house. I watched her come and pick up everything that was hers and as she walked out the door, I thought about how I could finally get over her. Her stuff was gone; her presence was gone from my life." I said and AJ nodded.

"Nick, I’m really proud of you. You’ve really pulled your life together after her. I know how much pain you were going through when she left and I shouldn’t pressure you to tell Jade about her if you’re not ready to talk about it. But just know, that I’m always here for you man." AJ said and we slapped hands over the girls. We looked up and saw that we had arrived at the club. "Do you really wanna go in?"

"You know what, I’m really not in a clubbing kind of mood. I don’t think anyone else will mind if we just go home. They are all asleep and I’d rather risk them being mad at us in the morning for not going out than having them mad at me for waking them up in the middle of a dream." I said and AJ and I laughed. "Hey Frank, can you take us home? We’re sorry."

"It’s no problem guys. I have to admit I’m kind of tired too. I don’t think I could have waited up for you. I know, I know, I’m an old man." He laughed.

"No, we’re tired too. Thanks for being flexible. The girls sure are lucky to have you." I said and Frank drove us home.

We pulled up to the apartment building and Frank opened the door for us. We woke everyone up and they sleepily made it upstairs. Jade fell asleep on my shoulder in the elevator on the way up to her apartment. When we made it there, I picked her up and carried her in my arms to her room. I watched as Bianca and AJ kissed good night at Bianca’s door and Howie kissed Amethyst on the cheek before she retreated to her room. Kevin and Brian went straight upstairs with the other two in close pursuit.

I walked into Jade’s room and laid her down on the bed. She looked so peaceful as she slept. I leaned down and kissed her lips lightly and walked to the door. I turned off the light and stood watching her sleep. There was something so special about this girl. Something that made me want her, emotionally, physically, mentally, sexually. But there was also something that told me that I would be loved for a very long time.


~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~


Jade’s POV

"Ugh!" I moaned as I rolled over to turn off the alarm that I again don’t remember setting. I made a mental note to ask Tess or Kirsten about that damn clock. I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom I shared with Ames. I looked down and noticed that I was in the same clothes I went to bed in, my hair was a mess and my make-up was all over my face. I remember going out to dinner with the guys and some of the limo ride. I think I feel asleep in the limo and never woke back up. How did I get upstairs?

I looked at the mirror and saw a note that said, "Hey Ladies – Be ready at 7:45 to take those promotional shoots for the tour I was talking about. Don’t worry about hair and make-up, just come in some sweats. See you on the corner at 7:45! – Kirsten"

"What the hell is this? America’s Next Top Model?" I heard Bianca say from her bathroom. I laughed aloud and got undressed and took a shower. About thirty minutes later I had finished scrubbing all of the make-up off of my face and washed all of the hairspray out of my hair. I got out of the shower and went into my room to get dressed when I looked at the clock and saw that it was 7:42. I ran around my room and pulled on some white terry cloth sweat pants, a wife beater and a red track jacket. I found some red flip-flops and threw them on. I ran into the living room just as the girls were all coming out of their rooms, rushed as well.

We ran down the hall to the already open elevator, which was a miracle. The elevator seemed to go faster than ever and we walked out to the curb where Frank looked at us and then his watch and said, "You made it!"

The four of us breathed a sigh of relief and climbed into the Hummer. We all fell asleep again and woke up to Kirsten climbing into the limo and shaking us awake. "Girls, if you’re going to arrive at every shoot sleepy, you need to go to bed earlier."

"We’re sorry. The guys took us out to dinner last night and we were so tired. By the way, I have a question for you. What’s up with the alarm clocks? I never remember setting them, but somehow I always wake up to it going off, and it’s not always at the same time." Savannah asked.

"Yours does that too? Good, I thought I was the only one." I said to her.

"Well, did you ever notice that your apartment is hardly ever messy? There’s a cleaning crew that comes into your apartment and takes out the trash and I have them set the clocks for you. Because I know that if I didn’t, you guys would forget." Kirsten said and laughed.

"We’re not usually messy though! We clean up after ourselves." Bianca whined.

"Yeah, actually you girls are pretty good with all of that kind of stuff. Anyways, today you’re doing promotional shoots so that the cardboard cut outs can be put up in the schools that got chosen. Please meet your photographer Zachary Haney." Kirsten introduced us to our photographer.

"It’s so nice to meet you girls. Today we’re going to have you in the T-shirts that Kirsten had made. They have your slogan and name on them. You’re going to be in plain jeans, the shirts, and barefoot because your motto is ‘Just Like You’, so how better to show the kids that, than to dress like them?" Zachary said. He was funny and cool. He was calm and made us feel confident.

All four of us were taken to get our hair and make-up done. Our make-up was very simple, with light eyes, a small amount of blush and some lip gloss. My hair was in a ponytail, Ames’ was down and flat-ironed, Bianca’s was gelled and curly and Savannah’s was half-up and half-down. We looked like normal girls. Thank goodness people were going to think the same thing.

The photo-shoot went on for about three hours. Zach took solo shots, group shots, and duo shots. It was a lot shorter because we didn’t have the wardrobe changes and the complex make-up. The shoot was fun and by the end of it, it was time for us to go home and get something to eat for lunch.

"Girls, I want you home by 11:00 tonight. I’m going to call and make sure that you’re in bed early and I want to talk to each and every one of you. If I don’t, you’re going to be in trouble tomorrow. Tomorrow is Thursday, and the tour starts in a week from Monday. You need to be as serious about this as the kids you’ll be talking to and as serious as Tess is. See you tomorrow morning at 8:30 for breakfast and we’ll be having a meeting about the rest of your tour." Kirsten said and we got into the limo and drove home.

When I got home, I went straight up to Nick’s apartment and found him lying on his couch playing video games.

"Hey babe." I said and lied down next to him on the couch. He put his arm around me and kissed my forehead. "Whatcha playing?"

"Nothing really. Just kinda put Grand Turismo 4 on the auto-pilot racing part and it’s a 24 hour race, so I just started it and it’s gonna be on for 24 hours. How was the photo-shoot today? You’ve gotta start filling me in earlier on these things." He said and laughed.

"I didn’t even know about it until this morning. I woke up to my alarm, went to the bathroom and saw a sign on my mirror that told us about the shoot. I tried calling you, but I never got the chance. Something was stuck up Kirsten’s ass today though." I said.

"Really? How so?" Nick asked.

"I dunno. She was just really off. Like, she yelled at us for being asleep when we got to the shoot and she gave us a bedtime and she wants to talk to all of us on the phone at 11:00 tonight to make sure we’re at home. It was just weird. She got all business on us all of a sudden." I said. I liked the feeling of lying next to Nick with his arms around me.

"It’s ok. I’m sure she’s just stressed. She used to get into those moods with us too. I look back now and I have to wonder how I stood for it for so long." Nick said and started running his fingers through my hair.

"Nick, I’m happy. For the first time in a long time, I’m really, genuinely happy. Thank you." I said and I reached up and kissed his lips softly. He adjusted our bodies so that we were lying more comfortable. The kiss he returned was nothing like I had ever felt before. It was soft, but full of passion. It made everything in my body feel awake and alive. I could feel the power from it in my toes. After we broke the kiss, I smiled up at him.

Nick’s POV

"Jade, I’m happy too. I’ve gone through a lot of previous relationship problems, but I’ve never felt this happy in the very beginning of a relationship. Being with you awakens something in me. Since the day I’ve met you there’s been something about how I feel when I’m around you. When I hear your voice, my entire day gets better, and stays that way for the rest of the day. Even when I only get to talk to you for 5 minutes, I’m happy to just talk to you. The feelings I get even from the shortest of phone calls gives me confidence that we’re going to make it for a long time." I said.

I looked down at her to see if she was going to respond when I saw that she was sound asleep in my arms. That in itself was the best feeling in the world.