- Text Size +
Nick’s POV

My mind was running on overload as I watched Jade’s graceful steps into my bedroom. What about Kirsten? I can’t do this. Not right now.

"Jade. I can’t do this." I said and she stopped. She let go of my hand and went over to my bed and sat down. She leaned back on the bed and her posture was driving me crazy.

"Why not Fish Bones? The sexual tension has been through the roof since we met. Are you sure that you don’t want to sleep with me?" She asked and licked her lips.

I sucked in a deep breath and felt the jeans surrounding my package get tighter. "I didn’t say that. I do want to sleep with you, but not like this. When we do make love Jade, I want it to be all about you and all about the two of us. I don’t want to do it while I’m still with Kirsten because it wouldn’t be fair to anyone." I explained.

"When? You seriously want to have sex with me?" She asked and got up from my bed. She walked over to me and took my hand in hers.

"No. I don’t want to have sex with you. I want to make love to you. Jade, you are one of the most wonderful people I have ever met. You challenge my mind and my body and my soul. When the day finally comes that you and I can really be together, there will be nothing to get in the way. I promise you that." I said and cupped her face in my hands. I lightly kissed her forehead and she smiled.

"I think it’s time for me to go home for tonight. I just wanted to say again that I’m so sorry for the way I reacted earlier. I’ll see you tomorrow." She said.

"You can count on it." I said and she held onto my hand until she couldn’t reach me anymore.


Jade’s POV

I stood outside of the double doors to my apartment and touched my index finger to my lips. Did that whole situation with Nick really happen? Did he say that he wanted to make love to me? "Landon didn’t refer to it like that," I thought to myself, remembering the night that I lost my virginity to my first boyfriend almost four years ago.

I thought that he loved me, but when I woke up the next morning, there was a note telling me that he didn’t think that we could be together anymore. At that very moment, I knew that he had used me to get laid. I felt like such a whore, and I vowed to myself that I would never have sex with someone again, until I knew for sure that we loved each other.

I opened the door to the penthouse and smiled to myself thinking of the words Nick had used. I respected his decision and his morals more than I could find the words to say. Bianca was the first one to reach me and she came running through her bedroom door.

"Jade! Oh my gosh, you’re home so late!" She exclaimed as I looked over at the clock and it read 12:30 a.m. Had I really been at Nick’s for two hours? Wow. It felt so much shorter! "Tell me all about your meeting with Jordan!"

Savannah and Ames came out into living room and I collapsed on the couch and proceeded to tell them every single detail of the date. Even Jordan’s request to have a "secret relationship". I go lots of "oh he’s such an asshole!’s and "I can’t believe that he would even think of that!"s.

I left out the part about Nick, because I wanted to figure out our relationship by myself. I know that the girls probably knew that something was going on between us, but I really needed to have something private from them.

"So, have you talked to Nick at all today?" Ames asked me as we walked back to our rooms.

Ok, ok. So I had to tell Amethyst. I mean, come on, she is my best friend. I told her how I went and made an ass of myself and he told me that he wanted to make love to me. She was so excited for me that she squealed like we were back in junior high.

"So, what are you gonna do?" She asked excitedly.

"What do you mean, what am I going to do? He’s got a girlfriend. I have to wait until they break up or something. But I know that he’s going to have to be the one to break up with Kirsten, because she’s obsessed with him. But she doesn’t deserve him. She treats him like crap." I vented. God, I didn’t even know that girl and I hated her.

"Things have a way of working themselves out, girl. I’m sure you and Nick will be together one day." Ames said and hugged me and went into her room. I went to sleep having sweet dreams involving both myself and Nick naked on a beach somewhere.

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~


Nick’s POV

I woke up to the phone ringing. I looked over at my clock and saw that it was already 11:00 in the morning. I rubbed my eyes and grabbed my phone.

"Hello?" I said sleepily into the phone.

"Hey Nick. Can I come over?" Kirsten’s voice asked into the phone.

"Uh, yeah, sure I guess. Just let me get dressed." I said.

"Ok, I’ll be there in about 20 minutes." She said and hung up. Wow, no ‘I love you’? That was unusual. Maybe something’s wrong.

I got up, went to the bathroom, and threw on some jeans and a t-shirt. I brushed my teeth and grabbed my cell phone. Before I hooked it onto the clip, I checked out the missed calls. There were 28 missed calls. 27 were from Kirsten and one was from Kevin.

I checked to see what time Kirsten’s first call was and when I saw, 7:30 a.m. I knew something was wrong. I called Kevin back really quick and he said that he was just checking up on me and that he had talked to AJ this morning. AJ was up before I was? Now that’s definitely odd.

I heard the TV in the living room, so I went out to see what it was and heard AJ laughing to the Game Show Network.

"Dude, I didn’t know that you watched the Game Show Network." I laughed and joined him on the couch.

"Hell yeah man! The Newlywed Game is awesome! Check out what’s on next – the Hollywood Squares Episode with Howie and his mom on it." He said and pointed at the TV.

"Kirsten’s coming over," I filled him in. "I think that something’s wrong. He called me 28 times this morning."

"Damn, can we say obsessive?" AJ said, his glare still glued to the television set.

"No, I think it’s something else this time. Maybe she caught me with Jade last night." I said and rubbed my head, feeling a little guilty.

"Well, it’s not like you two had sex did you?" He said and finally looked at me.

"No, but it’s not like we couldn’t have. I stopped her because I didn’t wanna cheat on Kirsten." I said.

"What the hell is wrong with you man? You’ve got one of the finest girls I’ve ever seen in my life practically begging you to bang her and you say no? That’s seriously fucked up man!" AJ said.

"You know what’s fucked up? Your brain man." I said and smacked him across the head. "I can’t do it. I mean, I would have loved to, but think about it. We’ve only known each other for about a week. And I’m in the middle of a relationship, whether it’s any good or not is not the point." I said.

"Well, then I guess that’s admirable. Oh wait, that must be Kirsten. I’ll get it. Do you wanna sit out here and talk or do you want me to send her somewhere?" He offered.

"Um, tell her to meet me in the dining room." I said and got up from the couch.

A few seconds later I heard the door open and AJ’s voice feigned excitement at seeing Kirsten and he sent her into the dining room.

"What’s up baby?" I greeted her and tried to kiss her, but she turned her head and I only got her cheek. Ok, now I definitely know that something’s wrong. I’m actually ok with it, I think.

"Um, Nick. Can we sit down?" She said and sat at the table without waiting for my response. I followed her and took the seat across from her. "We really need to talk. Ever since the trip to Spain, things have been different between us." I nodded in agreement and allowed her to continue.

"Well, I know that you’ve been hanging out with that girl and at first, I was really upset and hurt. Then I realized that I wasn’t as bothered as I thought I would be. So last night, the girls and I went out to a club downtown and we were dancing and this guy came up behind me. At first I was a little paranoid, but then I realized that I was actually ok with dancing with another guy. Are you mad?" She asked.

"No. It was just a dance. Is that what you were so worried about?" I asked and looked her in the eyes. She shifted them away and I knew that there had to be more to the story.

"Well, there’s more. I turned around and saw that it was Glenn. I’ve told you about Glenn, my first boyfriend from high school and my first love. Well, one thing led to another and by the end of the night, I was in his apartment half-naked by the time I stopped him. I’m so sorry Nick. I really, really like you, but I’m still in love with Glenn." She said and reached out and touched my hand.

At first, I didn’t know what to say. My insides were screaming "THANK GOD! NOW YOU CAN BE FREE TO BE WITH JADE!!!" But I didn’t want to publicly express those emotions yet. I just stared at her and nodded. "So, I’m guessing that this means we’re over."

"I hope that you don’t hate me Nick. I know that we’re still going to have to work together, but I won’t be bothering you so much. I’ll go through other people to get to you if you need me to." She offered.

"Kirsten, I’m not upset and I don’t hate you. You’re a great girl, but you have to admit that things haven’t been smooth sailing lately anyways. I mean, this break-up was inevitable, and I’d rather break things off now while we’re still friends than end up hating each other." I said and got up from the table and she did the same. I walked her to the door and gave her a hug. "I hope that you’re happy with Glenn again Kiki. I just want what’s best for you." She nodded tearfully and left.

"Yes!" I exclaimed and punched my fist in the air.

"What was that all about Nicky?" AJ called from the couch.

"We’re over. I mean, maybe I shouldn’t act too happy about it because we did spend 5 months together, but now I can be with Jade." I said and did a little happy dance.

"Well, Nickers, just take things a little slowly this time. I mean, just the other day you were all over the magazines with Kirsten, wait a few months before taking Jade public. Besides, she’s going to be working a lot and she needs to build up some good PR before having the whole world looking at her in a relationship." AJ advised.

"I guess you’re right. I’m going to do things differently with Jade anyways." I said and I could feel my mind thinking about how to romance her.

I couldn’t wait to tell her the good news.