- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's taken me a while to get back on track with this story. I've had it written for a while now, but I'm trying to edit/update the chapters when I have the chance. I hope you're still reading and I can't wait to hear what you have to say about this chapter :)
CHAPTER 24“Oh, trust me, I’ll show you.” Nick said as he unclasped the neck clasp of my dress. “Yo Nick!” Came a banging from the door. “Nick, you need to come out here!”

“You have got to be fucking kidding me!” Nick moaned into my neck as he stopped kissing me to get off of the bed. “I cannot believe this!”

I fixed my dress and went with him to the door. “AJ, can we help you?” I asked innocently.

“Actually, Jade, I really need to see Nick. This is something that he’s going to have to take care of.” AJ said and pulled Nick down the hall away from our room. I followed them to the common area and saw a petite blonde woman sitting on one of the couches in the room.

“You have got to be fucking kidding me!” I heard Nick repeat. “What the hell are you doing here? How did you find me?”

“Nicky, baby, you and I need to talk.” The blonde said and got up from the couch. She walked over to Nick and put her arms around his neck. She leaned up to kiss him and he threw her arms off of him.

“Talk to me about what Holli? You and I have been over with for almost two years. What more could you want from me?” He said. I stood in shock as I absorbed the scene playing in front of me. So this was Holli, the woman stupid enough to leave Nick for some dancer and the one who caused him so much emotional hurt and the one that caused his horrible accident months ago.

“You know that you and I were good together Nicky. I miss you. I want you back.” She pleaded with him and gave him a puppy dog face.

“No way.” I said and announced my presence in the room. “You can’t have him. Do you know how much shit you’ve put him through? You’re not going to just walk back into his life without getting through me first.” I said as I stood with my arms crossed from the corner of the room.

“Oh, is this the latest slut Nick? The girl you’re using to get over me?” She turned her attention back to Nick.

“Yeah. That’s exactly what she is. You have me all figured out Holli.” Nick said and threw his hands up in the air. “Are you fucking serious? No, there’s no way we’re actually having this conversation. Come on Jade, let’s go.” Nick said and grabbed me by the arm.

“No Nick. I’m going to stand here and let her have it.” I said and he loosened his grip on my arm. “Holli, right? Let me tell you a little something about our mutual friend Nick. He’s over you, he’s been over you and hasn’t looked back. Yeah, you two were together and engaged or whatever, but you know that you never loved him. Now his band is doing really well, his life is going great, and you just want a piece of it because you’re failing miserably. You and your little dancing partner didn’t work out, so you just figured that you’d come back to Nick.”

“You’re wrong. Nick loves me.” Holli said and stuck her chest out reassuringly.

“And who are you trying to convince Holli? You weren’t there for him when he really needed you. You left him so suddenly and his life fell to pieces. I was there. I was the friend he turned to.” AJ said, surprising everyone because he had been silent throughout this entire debacle. “I don’t know if they’ve told each other yet, but Nick and Jade truly love each other. I have never seen Nick so genuinely happy with anyone in my entire time of knowing him. He looks at her different, touches her different, says her name differently. You are just a figure of the past and that’s where you belong. Now, I’m going to ask you to leave and please leave all of us alone.”

AJ stepped aside and Holli stared at him for a few minutes, questioning the seriousness of his request. Eventually, she pulled at the hem of her sweater, smoothed the wrinkles in her jeans and ran a hand through her curly hair. “Well, I guess that’s my cue. Look Nick, I’m sorry for bothering you. Good luck with your life; I just want you to be happy.” She said and walked out of the room. I watched her step into the elevator and wave a small good-bye.

“Well that certainly was interesting.” I said breaking the uncomfortable silence. “I never imagined it would be that easy.”

“I know. It surprised me too.” Nick said and walked past me back to the room.

“Thank you AJ. What you said really meant a lot to me.” I said and hugged AJ. “Nick, wait up!” I yelled after him and watched as he continued walking into our room, not even acknowledging my voice.

I quickly followed suit into our room and closed the door behind me. When I entered, I saw Nick lying on the bed with his feet hanging over the side and his hands covering his eyes and rubbing his face. “Babe, what’s wrong?” I asked carefully as I sat next to him and placed my hand on his chest.

He sat up and took my hand in his. “God I hate this.”

“Hate what?” I asked growing nervous of his answer.

“People always questioning me. I can never just be happy, you know?” He said and let go of my hand. He got up from the bed and began pacing back and forth in front of me. “Here we were, about to make love for the first time and something like this happens.”

“Something like what? That was just a little roadblock. Right?” I asked, very worried.

“Yeah, but she just won’t leave me alone. Why? Why can’t I just be happy without her?” He said.

“You’re not happy without her? Then what was your proclamation of love about?” I asked, also getting up from the bed. “You know what? I’m going to change and go downstairs. I’m going to leave you alone for a little while.” I grabbed some sweats and changed in the bathroom.

“No Jade.  Please don’t leave me now.”  Nick pleaded with me.

“Why? Obviously I don’t make you as happy as I thought I did.” I said and walked out.

~~~***~~~

Nick’s POV

I watched her leave the room and got up to go after her. She walked to the elevator and I called her name. She put her hand up as if to dismiss me and I just turned back into my room as she got on the elevator.

“God Carter, you’re so stupid. Why did you have to say that? What was going on in your brain?” I asked myself out loud. I quickly changed out of my tux and threw on a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I too got on the elevator and went to the lobby area.

As I stepped off of the elevator, I found Jade’s body curled up on a couch in the corner of the room. Her shoulders looked like they were shaking slightly. Oh God, please no. I didn’t mean to make her cry.

I watched as a man of about 30 sat down beside her and put his hand on her shoulder. I began to fume but watched as she quickly wiped her tears and brushed him off. She got up from the couch and headed to the pool.

I didn’t want her to know that I was watching her so I found a table behind the lounge chair she chose to sit on. She looked up at the clear sky and I could see her tear-stained face. The visual pierced my heart. I couldn’t take it anymore.

“Baby, please don’t cry.” I said and placed my hand on her shoulder. She shivered and jumped slightly and shrugged off my touch. “Please allow me to explain myself.”

“Why? You made it perfectly clear that you’re not happy without her.” She said coldly and turned away from me so her back was facing me.

“JT that is NOT what I meant. The words came out wrong. You know I have a hard time with words.” I said in a calm voice. “What I meant to say is why can’t she let me be happy without her? I love you more than words can even express and regardless of how I try to tell her that, she continues pushing. It’s so ironic that you had to meet her the night we expressed our love and I hate it. You mean more to me than anything in the world.” I said to her back. “I understand if you’re mad at me, I would be mad at me. But please know that I do love you and I want you and only you.”

I got up to go back to the room because I wanted to give Jade some space when I heard, “Where are you going? You give a speech like that and don’t even give me a chance to talk back?”

I turned around to see her wiping her eyes. “Baby, please don’t cry. It hurts me to see you so upset.”

“You know, I was really upset when you said that you couldn’t be happy without her. I was crushed. I felt like, ‘after all this time, he still misses her? What am I doing wrong?’” She said and turned around to look at me in the eyes. “But then all I thought about was you. I just want you to be happy Nick. If it’s not me, tell me.”

“I can’t believe we’re actually having this conversation. Jade Trinity Carroll, I love you so much. Holli is on a power trip with a bruised ego and she’s looking to hurt whatever is in her path. Today, and for the past 2 years, it has been me. If she’s not happy, than I can’t be happy either.” I explained and rubbed her back reassuringly.

“Then she doesn’t really love you. Even if she thinks she does, she doesn’t because she’s only in it for her own happiness.” She said wisely. I kissed her forehead and pulled her close to me.

“You know, you’re right. This is why I love you so much.” I said and grabbed her hand and pulled her up so she was standing next to me.

“Well, I guess this isn’t too bad. We made it nine months and this is our first fight.” Jade said and pulled close to me while we walked back up to our room. We walked into the room and both collapsed on the bed. I got up to go to the bathroom quickly and when I walked back out, Jade was sound asleep on the bed. I tucked her in and crawled in next to her, wrapping her in my arms.

Jade’s POV

I stretched and yawned as I woke up the next morning. I rolled over to see Nick’s blonde hair falling in his face. I looked down and saw that he and I were completely clothed, realizing that we had not had sex. I smiled to myself, remembering the events of the night before with Nick and me telling each other just exactly how much we really loved one another and then Holli coming and Nick and me reaffirming our love.

I got up and looked out of the huge bay window we had over looking the quiet city. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was only 7:30 in the morning.

“Jade? Where are you?” I heard Nick’s panicked voice ask from the bed as he slowly sat up and his squinted eyes looked around the room.

“I’m right here baby. Just looking out at a quiet L.A.” I said and headed back over to the bed.

“That’s nice. Come back and sleep with me.” He said and reached his hand out to pull me back onto the mattress. He kissed my forehead and pulled me down. “You know, they say the best sex is morning sex.”

“Oh do they now? Who’s ‘they’?” I asked and grinned at him.

“Cosmopolitan magazine. You should know that, you read that magazine. For heaven’s sake, you were on the cover of it once.” He said and smiled, pulling me down to him and kissing me on the mouth.

Nick teased my mouth with his tongue by tracing the outline of my lips. I allowed him access and he swiped my entire mouth with his tongue. The kiss turned passionate very quickly and before I knew it, Nick had flipped me on my back. He lifted his arms and tore his lips away from mine only long enough for me to pull his shirt over his head. His lips quickly returned to mine only long enough to tease me.

He pulled my sweatshirt over my head and exposed my bare breasts, which were quickly hardening into pert peaks from the cool air and Nick’s lips trailing soft kisses down my neck and over my collarbone. I arched my body into his and felt a small burning sensation in between my legs and I knew that I was truly ready for Nick.

He looked up at me and then dipped his head down to my left breast. He used his tongue, lips and teeth to torture me and used his hands to massage my right breast. I let out a deep, throaty moan as I received the best sexual arousal I had ever felt. I ran my hands through Nick’s hair and pulled him as close to me as possible.

I pulled him up to kiss me on the lips and allowed our naked tops feel each other full contact for the first time. I pulled off his basketball shorts and he pulled off my sweatpants and my thong underwear.

“Jade, are you sure about this?” Nick asked and looked at me full in the eyes.

“I have never been more ready for anything in my entire life.” I said honestly and looked into his eyes. “It sure feels like you’re ready too.” I said and moved my hand down to grab his elongated member. I watched as he closed his eyes and moaned in pleasure.

“Don’t. Please baby, please don’t do that.” He said and fumbled in the nightstand. “Damn it, I can’t find a condom.”

“Nick, I’m on the pill. I have to be to be a model.” I said and a sexy smile crossed his lips and he said, “That makes this so much better. Since you haven’t done it in a while, I’m going to go slow at first so you get used to me, ok?”

I just nodded and felt him enter me for the first time. I took in a quick breath and pulled his lips to mine. We soon found each other’s rhythms and we both catapulted into the most intense orgasms we had ever felt.

After finishing off, Nick and I lied in bed, our bodies completely intertwined. “That was the most incredible time of my life.” I said to Nick after about 10 minutes of comfortable silence.

“I am speechless Jade. You have no idea how special being with you was for me. I have never ever felt the genuine passion that you have within you from anyone else.” Nick said and kissed my forehead.

“You know, the best feeling in the world is being right here, in your arms. I never want to be anywhere else.” I said and turned over to face him.

“I don’t ever want you anywhere else either.” He said and smiled and kissed me again.

~~~***~~~

Nick’s POV

After releasing the kiss, I looked into the eyes of the woman I had been waiting my entire life for. It was as if Jade had been hand-picked for me.

We got up and took a shower together because we knew that we would be flying back to New York today. Once we were finished, we got dressed. I threw on a pair of jeans and an American Eagle T-shirt. I also found my white baseball hat and put it on backwards. Jade came out wearing a pair of dark blue jeans and a white tank top, over which she wore a baggy off-the-shoulder pink sweater and a pair of flip-flops. She put her hair up in a ponytail and she wore no make-up. Even without it, she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

I looked around the room and saw the clothes we had worn just a couple of hours earlier strewn around the room. The sight reminded me of the place of pure bliss Jade and I had visited. I smiled as I began to pick up the loose articles and pack them into our empty suitcase.

“Hey babe, I’m pretty glad to be going home today. We finally have a week off and I can do whatever I want.” Jade said as she packed her toothbrush in her carryon bag.

“I hope you’re going to be doing me in the next week.” I said and smirked.

“I hope I’ll be doing you for the rest of my life.” She said and put her arms around my waist and snuggled close to me.

“I hope you will be too.” I said and kissed the top of her head.

We finished packing and walked out to the hallway where everyone was supposed to be meeting. Jade clung close to me and we stood close together laughing and smiling at each other the whole time.

“Hallelujah! Someone finally got laid!” Bianca yelled as she and AJ emerged from their room.

“What?! Who got laid?” Savannah asked as she and James joined us.

“Duh! Jade and Nick finally did it!” Bianca said. “They’re glowing! Even more than usual. I guess Jade was the real winner last night, huh J?” Bianca was winking at me and nudging AJ’s arm.

“Babe, let them be! It’s absolutely none of our business is Nick and Jade did it.” AJ said.

“Nick and Jade did it?!” Amethyst asked as she and Justin finally joined us. “I’m supposed to be the first to hear all the details!” She whined.

“No one knows any details. Besides, Nick and I did not do it!” Jade said and pinched my side as to signal to me to go along with her joke.

“Yeah, we definitely didn’t do it. And anyways, when/if we do, no one else is going to hear any details, got it?” I said and looked at each of the girls.

“Yeah, yeah. Ok fine.” They said and turned to their boyfriends.

“I love you Jade.” I said and planted a kiss on her forehead.

“Oh yeah, you didn’t do it alright.” Bianca said sarcastically and we all boarded the elevator to leave for the airport.