- Text Size +
Chapter 11

Chapter 11

It was just after five o’clock in the morning when the bus pulled into the parking lot of the boys’ hotel. Brian had gotten off his bus and walked onto Nick’s to let them know they were here and give them the run down for the day. Once he had filled them in, he walked off the bus and up to the hotel room, where his wife and son were waiting for him.

“Oh my gosh Leigh, you are never gonna guess what just happened!” he stated enthusiastically as he walked into the room and shut the door behind him. “It was the funniest thing, well one of the funniest anyway,” he concluded, remembering back to all the crazy things that happened during past tours.

“Well are you going to tell me or are you going to stand there with that funny look on your face all day?” she asked, smiling at her husband.

“I walked onto Nick’s bus, and Andrea was face down in his lap. Apparently, she tried to scoot out from under his arm and his fingers ended up getting tangled in her hair and she couldn’t move.” He paused, looking for some reaction from his wife, but got nothing. “I guess you had to be there,” he said sheepishly. He lay down on the bed with her, ready to get some shuteye before they had to get up and get ready.

“Brian?”

“What baby?”

“There’s something about that girl, Andrea, that doesn’t feel right. Did you see the way she acted when she met Baylee? How can she not like kids? She just looked at him like he was from outer space or something! Are you sure Nick isn’t stepping into something he shouldn’t? I mean, has anyone checked this girl out?” Leigh kept on with the questions, and Brian finally interrupted her.

“Honey, I’m sure it’ll be alright,” he sighed, sleepiness beginning to overtake him. “And I don’t think she was looking at Baylee in an odd way. It almost looked like she was sad to see him. But I didn’t get the vibe that she doesn’t like kids, quite the opposite actually. Can we get some sleep now though, because I have a show to do in like fourteen hours and I need to be rested!”

“Sure baby, I’m sorry,” she pouted, as she snuggled against Brian. “I love you.”

“I love you too….” He trailed off, and all Leighanne heard was snoring.

Back on Nick’s bus…

“Alright guys, here’s the deal. We have two hotel rooms reserved, one for me and one for Nick,” AJ said, getting everybody’s attention. “I already checked into getting you girls your own room, but the hotel is booked, so we have two choices. One-Annie and I can share a room, which is personally my favorite option,” he said seductively, giving Annie a sexy look. “Or Two-Nick and I can share a room…ugh…and the two of you can share a room.”

“Or, the girls and I can share a room together and you can have a room by yourself,” Nick laughed, raising his eyebrows up and down at Andrea and Annie.

“Okay, well last time I checked the map we were not in Arkansas, so therefore you with cousins is out!” Andrea snickered back, as she pushed Nick in the arm. “And I need to know if these rooms have one bed or two in them before I can make my decision.”

“Yeah, that is really important,” Annie interjected, “because if there is only one bed….” She looked over at AJ trying to make him think she wouldn’t share a room with him unless she had her own bed. “I refuse to share a room with Andrea. I am not sleeping in the same bed as the octopus!” Andrea started laughing, and Nick and AJ gave each other confused looks. “I call Andrea the octopus, because when she sleeps, she’s got arms and legs and hands and feet all over the place, so it seems like she has more than two of each!” Annie explained laughing.

“That’s too funny,” said Nick as he put his arm around Andrea. “I think I can handle the octopus though, if it’s okay with her,” he teased as he squeezed Andrea around the waist.

“Okay you two there will be plenty of time for that later. The rooms are suites with one king size bed in the main bedroom and a pullout couch in the living room area. So unless you have coed sleeping issues that prevent you from being the same room as someone from the opposite sex, you won’t have to sleep in the same bed no matter what,” AJ clarified, with a hint of crabbiness in his voice.

“Oh, poor poompsy is tired and getting cranky,” Annie mocked as she kissed AJ on the tip of his nose. “C’mon rock star, let’s get a room.” She grabbed AJ’s hand and started to lead him off the bus. She looked back at Andrea, blew her a kiss, and then she walked off the bus with AJ right behind her.

“You know, I can just sleep on the bus and you can have the room to yourself,” Nick offered, trying to sound as innocent as possible. “I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable or anything.” He actually meant it.

Andrea thought for a moment. It’s not an uncomfortable feeling I have; it’s a “can I control myself in a room alone with you?” feeling. “No, it’s okay. Like Alex said, there is no reason why we would even have to sleep in the same bed…. unless we want to,” she added, just to make sure she didn’t shut out any possibility of it in his mind, or hers for that matter.

“Okay then, let’s get our stuff and get up to the room, I’m beat. I can’t wait to take a shower and crawl into a nice fluffy bed; sleeping on the couch in a sitting position was not the wisest or most comfortable thing to do,” he joked as he slung some bags over his shoulder. I can’t wait to see what happens when I get this girl alone either. I want a chance to talk to her alone some more, find out more about her, and tell her more about myself. There is so much more to me than people know. They think they know everything because I’m famous, but they don’t.

Andrea grabbed her things and walked off the bus in front of Nick. God, she has a sexy walk. She switches her hips and wiggles her butt a little with every step. I just want to grab…

“Okay, the next time you are going to check out a girl’s butt, maybe don’t make it so obvious,” Andrea scolded, interrupting his thoughts. She gave him a smirk, showing him she was teasing.

“Well, I’ll try to be more discreet next time, but with that shake you got going on, it’s mighty hard not to stare,” he teased back. If all girls had curves like hers, the men of the world would be mighty happy! He reflected as they approached the entrance of the hotel. They stepped onto the elevator and pressed their floor number on the keypad.

“I am really surprised there were no fans waiting here for you,” Andrea said as the elevator began to move.

“Yeah, usually when we get in this early there isn’t. Just wait until we arrive at a hotel at ten in the morning, you’ll be singing a different tune then!” he joked.

“Are you planning on me being with you for another hotel arrival?” Andrea asked nonchalantly. She so badly wanted him to say yes, but she did not want to seem over-ambitious or expectant. The elevator dinged and they stepped through the open door and into the hallway that led to their room.

“Yeah, I guess I am,” Nick relinquished. “Is that okay?” uncertainty filling his voice.

“Yes, it is; in fact, it’s very okay,” Andrea said quietly and looked down at her feet. “I just hope I am ready.” She didn’t mean to say that out loud.

“What do you mean?” Nick questioned, his curiosity peaked.

“Oh, umm, nothing. Is this our room?” Andrea stammered, hoping she could just brush off what she said and he wouldn’t think twice about it.

“Okay mystery lady, I’ll let it go for now,” Nick said as he put the key into the door and opened it. “But at some point you are going to have to let me in a little, and when you are ready, I’ll be waiting.” He bent down and kissed her on the cheek.

She looked into his eyes and saw a gentle and understanding look in them. I want nothing more than to explain everything to you. To have you hold me and comfort me, to have you wipe away my tears and tell me you will always be here for me. I want you to do everything my husband did when I needed someone.

They walked into the room and shut the door. Andrea took a deep breath and set her bags down on the floor. “Eight months-too long or too short?” she said under her breath as she took out her toiletries and clean clothes from her suitcase. “I guess we’ll find out….”