- Text Size +
Chapter 12

Chapter 12

          “I can’t believe you cooked this, it’s incredible,” praised Caryss before taking another bite of the chicken primavera that Nick had prepared for the two of them.

          “Thanks, I think,” responded Nick with a chuckle. “I’m glad you like it. You really didn’t think I could cook did you?” He watched her take a couple more big bites and thought to himself how cute she looked as she ate.

          “No, honestly I really didn’t. I assumed that being famous you had your own cook or you ate out every night or something like that.” She smiled at him as she took a sip of her wine, and then wiped her mouth off with her napkin.

          “Full?” Nick asked with an amused look on his face. Caryss simply nodded her head and sat back in her chair. They sat there staring at each other, studying one another’s face, trying to read each other’s thoughts beneath their eyes, enjoying the time together.

          “So what now?” she asked, her eyes changing from contentment to seductiveness. He raised an eyebrow at her, thinking to himself how unbelievable sexy she was.

          “Let’s go for a walk,” he said as he stood up from the table and walked over to her. He held out his hand and she took it as she stood up and went with him. He led her outside and onto the beach. They walked in the sand, making light conversation and watching the moon rise high into the sky.

          “Wow,” Caryss said softly as she looked towards the ocean and noticed the moonlight’s reflection rolling over each crashing wave. “I love everything about this. I love the sound of the waves, I love the cool breeze against my skin, I love the magnificence of it all.”

          Nick looked down at her, the moonlight working its magic on her just as it did on the ocean. He watched the wind sweep over her curls and under her dress the same way it had done on the sidewalk earlier that day, but now it was for his eyes only.

          “I love the company I’m keeping,” he whispered into her ear. She shivered, partly from the cool breeze but mostly from Nick being so intoxicatingly close to her. He wrapped his arms around hers to warm her and she melted right into him. She turned her head to look up at him, and when she did he leaned down and kissed her. She opened her lips and allowed his tongue full access to hers which he took complete advantage of.

          As the kiss deepened, she turned her body to his and pressed it into his enticingly. He fell backward onto the sand, pulling her down with him as they continued to kiss. She landed on top of him but he never pulled his tongue away from hers.

          They rolled on the sand so that he was above her, allowing him full access to roam her body as he wished, something she was becoming quite fond of. The kissing quickly turned into more intimate acts and when all was said and done, Caryss had another “first” under her belt.

          “That was amazing,” she purred as she laid her head on Nick’s chest and stared up into the star-filled sky. “I’ve never had sex on the beach before, at least not in any form other than a drink.” Nick laughed at her comment then propped himself up on his elbows, causing Caryss to sit up and look at him. “What’s wrong?” she asked, feeling that something wasn’t right with him.

          “Nothing’s wrong really,” he started, then he paused and swallowed hard. His hesitation made her even more apprehensive and her stomach started to feel sick.

          Here it comes, she told herself, bracing for the crush. He’s had his fun and now it’s time to tell me to get the hell off his property and unless it’s about Heal the Bay, no talking to him again. She was wrong though...way wrong.

          “It’s just that, well, I don’t really know how to say this, um…”

          “Just say it! I’m a big girl, I can take it!”

          “I don’t want you to leave, or I don’t want to leave, I don’t want to be apart,” he stammered, trying to find the right words to express what he wanted to say.

          “Huh?” Caryss asked, her jaw dropped and her eyes bugging out of her head. That was so not the direction I thought he was going in.

          “What I’m trying to say is that I was wondering if you would mind if I stayed at the hotel with you; I thought it would be easier there since it’s closer to everyone else than here. I mean, are you feeling at all what I am? Do you think this could be more than just a month long fling?” He looked at her with wide eyes, excitement filling them like a child anticipating Christmas morning.

          “Nick, I,” Caryss started to respond, then stopped and looked down at her hands, the wheels turning in her head at warp speed trying to process everything she’d just heard and everything she was currently thinking.

          Why did I say that? I’m going to scare her away! I can’t believe I told her that I want to stay with her; we just met! The doubts were running through Nick’s head rapidly as he looked at his new love. He was worried she didn’t feel the same, or that it was too early for her to even feel anything.

          “Just be honest with yourself and with me,” he coaxed, gently touching her face with his thumb. “I just want the truth.”

          Caryss didn’t know what to say. She didn’t know how to form the words to express how much she wanted to be with Nick and for things to not end when the month was over. She knew that no matter what she said it wouldn’t sound right or really convey how she felt, so she did the only thing she thought would prove it. She leaned into Nick and kissed him.

          When she pulled away a minute later, her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at him, trying to see if it worked.

          “Is that a yes?” he asked with a smile as he opened his eyes and returned her stare. She nodded her head vehemently and they tumbled down into the sand again, laughing and taking in the beautiful night.

          A few minutes later Nick looked at his watch and sighed. He noticed Caryss was starting to shiver and it was getting late.

          “Well, I guess we better get dressed and head back into the house,” he said as he stood up and brushed the sand off his body. Caryss did the same, but became frustrated as the sand stuck to her thighs and butt cheeks.

          “This crap won’t come off!” she screeched and her body started to itch.

          “I’ll fix it,” laughed Nick as he picked her up and carried her into the water.

          “No, Nick, don’t!” she continued to scream as the water got higher and higher up on them.

          “I’m sorry, I can’t hear you. What did you say?”

          “Don’t you dare! If you drop me in the water I’ll--”

          Before she could finish her sentence she was immersed in the cold ocean water, all the sand washing away from her skin. She jumped up out of the water catching her breath as Nick stood next to her laughing uncontrollably.

          “Oh, you think that’s funny?” she asked as she splashed him with water.

          “That doesn’t bother me, I like the water,” he sneered back as Caryss continued to try her best at getting him wet or making him mad. “You’re so cute when you’re trying to get even.” She stopped splashing water at him and put her hands on her hips. He grabbed her and pulled her into him, planting yet another hot kiss on her lips.

          “This is going to be a great month, I can tell already,” he whispered as their lips separated and they regained control of their breathing. Caryss slipped her hand into Nick’s and they walked back onto the beach, gathering their clothes before heading back up to the house, completely naked. Neither of them thought anything of it since it was a private beach, but neither of them knew their private moment had been anything but.