- Text Size +
Chapter 4

Chapter 4

            “Okay, sit down in the living room and I’ll be right out,” Stacie told Caryss as she pushed open the front door to her apartment and the girls walked in. “Liz, come on.”

            The two women disappeared down the hall towards Stacie’s bedroom and Caryss made herself comfortable on the over-stuffed caramel colored suede couch that was placed very tastefully underneath the large bay window in the living room that overlooked the patio.

            Five minutes later Caryss heard giggling coming from the hall and Liz and Stacie emerged wearing similar styled but different colored togas. Liz was holding another toga of the same style but different color across her arm and as she walked over to the couch she held it out for Caryss to take.

            “Just go put it on. You are going to feel like a Grecian princess, trust me,” Liz coaxed as Caryss stuck her tongue out at her and rolled her eyes. With a huff and sneer, Caryss hoisted herself off the couch, grabbed the toga from Liz and walked down the hall into Stacie’s room to put it on.

            “Wow,” Caryss whispered as she looked at herself in the full length mirror once she had put the costume on. “This is definitely sexier than fruit.” She opened the door and walked out of Stacie’s room back into the living room.

            “We are going to stop traffic and attract quite a few guys tonight fo sho,” Caryss admitted playfully as she came into Liz and Stacie’s view. “You guys were right, this is quite amazing. I almost feel like I’m wearing a designer gown instead of a toga!”

            All three togas had a silk body and empire waistline. Golden jewels and trim accented the waistline around the toga and sheer material the same color as the silk went over the toga from the waistline down to the bottom of the costume. The necklines were asymmetrical and cut up from the right arm pit, went directly across the chest above the girls’ bust lines then connected on the top of the left shoulder, leaving the entire right shoulder bare. Liz’s was a vibrant shade of tangerine, Stacie’s was a bright periwinkle and Caryss’s was a brilliant shade of green, similar to the color of a perfectly manicured lawn.
           
            “All right ladies, now for the finishing touches,” announced Liz as all the headed into the bathroom. They fixed their hair, applied dramatic makeup, each girl accentuating her own best features, and a few dabs of body glitter to complete the look. “I think we are ready!” Liz said with a smirk as she gave a sideways glance at Stacie.

            “I saw that!” Caryss stammered as she turned to the two women and stared them square in the eyes. “Where are we going?”

            “I’m going to see if the limo is here yet, you explain it to her,” said Liz with a laugh as she ducked out of the bathroom, relieved to be out of the firing zone for the time being.

            “Limo? Liz—dammit, SOMEONE tell me what is going on!” Caryss continued to squeak, sounding very similar to a tea pot whistling on the stove.

            Stacie could hardly stop laughing enough to talk, and decided to stop trying and instead grabbed Caryss by the arm once more and dragged her out of the bathroom. “Just get your purse and come on,” she gasped between fits of laughter.

            “Limo’s outside waiting,” piped in Liz as each girl put costume-appropriate sandals on and shoved as many belongings as they could into their individual matching bags. A minute later they were out the door and Liz and Stacie were pulling Caryss down the stairs and into the limo parked by the curb.

            Once the girls were settled in the limo and each had a glass of bubbly in hand, Caryss spoke up. “Okay girls, I have to admit that I am already having a great time. These costumes are uber-sexy. But I don’t want anymore surprises; just tell me what the plan is for tonight so that way I can deal with it and enjoy myself.” She gave Liz and Stacie pleading looks, hoping they would remember how much she hated surprises and being kept in the dark.

            After exchanging glances and some non-verbal communication, Liz and Stacie sighed. “Alright fine, here’s the deal,” Stacie started. “We are going to dinner at Bellini’s and then we are going to Chubby’s. We are going to be stupid, and carefree, get very drunk since we have this limo to drive us around all night, maybe get lucky if it’s in the cards, and just have an all-around fun-ass time, okay?”

            Caryss started laughing at the expression on Stacie’s face and the tone of her voice and nodded her head in agreement.

            During dinner, they went through three rounds of appletinis and one bottle of Lambrusco. They each ate their favorite Italian dish; Caryss had manicotti, Liz had fettuccine with an Alfredo sauce, and Stacie had sun-dried tomato pesto with angel hair pasta. After they finished eating, and more importantly drinking, they headed back out to the limo for the journey to their next destination.

            Twenty-two minutes later they pulled up outside Chubby’s, the party hotspot for the not so rich and famous. Chubby’s was a “something for everybody” twenty-one and up place, with two bars, three dance floors with all different music types, an area with pool tables, dart boards and various video game and gambling-type machines, and Liz’s favorite, a karaoke bar.

            “Should we tell her about the karaoke contest that starts at 11:00 or just enter her and let her sweat it out once she gets up there?” Stacie asked quietly in Liz’s ear as they exited the limo.

            “No, just get some more drinks in her and she’ll go up there and sing a few times on her own and get comfortable. Then when the contest starts, we’ll enter her.” Stacie just winked at Liz in confirmation and the three ladies walked into Chubby’s arm in arm.