- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I have to apologize ahead of time. This is chapter may be a little cheesy. But I promise...it will get better along the way. Thanks for readin'!
It had been two months since I last seen my wife. I missed her so much. We were soon going to head to Michigan on this leg of the tour. Hopefully it wouldn’t rain like the last time we were there. It was a nice place like Kentucky and half as good as the other countries but when it rained; it was like being in Portland.

I thought I’d see what the others were doing. I walked in the little room on the bus that me and Nick had shared. He was playing “ Mario Cart” and he wasn’t doing to well.

“Hey Nicky! How ya doing?” I asked as always, knowing that it would annoy him and distract him from the game.

“Don’t call me that!” Nick yelled as Mario went into the wall. “See whatca’ made me do?”

“Sorry. Didn’t mean to. Just wanted to know if you think that we will enjoy Michigan or be in our “nasty little moods” like you are in now?”

“Brian.. WE’VE BEEN THERE AT LEAST 10 TIMES!!! You should know by now and I am NOT in a nasty little mood!”

With that I ran out of the room and thought I’d check on Roy. He’s the driver of this wonderful bus.
“How far are we from our destination , Roy?” I asked as I plopped into the passenger seat.

“I’d say about another hours drive.”

“Oh Man! I was hoping we were like 10 miles away! You know how much I hate waiting! I wanna be in Detroit again.”

I got out of my seat and thought I’d talk to Kev, hoping that he wasn’t moody today. When he was grumpy you know to get out of his way. I walked into his room, which he was all-alone in and he was lying on his bed, looking at something. I knew what it was and it started to remind me of what I had at home.

“How is Kristin these days? Haven’t seen her in a while.”

“She fine. She’s still wanting a baby girl but because of the tour and all it’s kinda hard”

“Yeah I know the story. Haven’t thought of it till now.”

“Well I am a little happy to get away. All she wants to talk about is baby this and baby that. I know I shouldn’t complain but sometimes it feels as if she’s smothering me too much with this."

He looked up at me and I just smiled. I knew what he was going through. Leighanne and me always wanted twins, a boy and a girl. But ya know. I won’t get into details.

“I don’t know why I’m so anxious to get back to Michigan. It’s like I know that something or someone will be waiting for me."

“Yeah and ya know who that is going to be?”

“Who? Ya know someone?” I asked excitedly

“The Fans and they are gonna be wild like always. What are you thinking, Brian?”

“Nothing. Don’t worry about it. I’ll let you look at your album alone.

I had no idea who or what I would be facing in Michigan, but in an hour, I would take the bull by the horns and face what could end my happiness in life.