- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
(bare with me, this was written waaaaay back in 1998, so it's a little bit teeny, but if you hang around throughout this story and onto the next in the series, I'm sure you'll love them!!)

* Chapter 1 *

"Oh my gosh! I can’t believe that this is happening," I said in shock.

I was so surprised and excited when I saw Courtney, my little sister, standing at the door of my apartment this Thursday morning. When she rang the bell, I opened the door and she was standing there with a guy holding a mega-huge camera that said MTV on the side. I knew right away what they were here for.

"This is Bo and he is videotaping us to be on the Fanatic show for MTV," she said to me. "I sent them a tape explaining that you and I are totally in love with the Backstreet Boys. I told them about that one time where we dressed like them for Halloween because it was Nick’s favorite holiday. You dressed up like Nick and I was AJ. I also told them that you are almost 20 and you still have pictures of them all over your walls."

I was totally shocked. I mean, what could I say? After inviting them in, I didn’t know what to say so I looked square into the camera and said, "Well, I am a huge BSB fan. I would love to meet AJ, Nick, Bri, Kev, and D...especially AJ...he’s my personal favorite. I totally admire the boys for all of their dedication to their music, to their fans, and to themselves. If you guys are watching this, I would love to harmonize with you sometime. Oh, and I can’t believe that you all will be seeing me like this," I said looking sheepishly down at my sweats and red’n’white toe socks.

Just then the phone rang. "Hang on one minute while I get that. Ok?" I could feel the cameraman zoom in on me as I answered the phone. I instinctively looked up at the camera knowing it was recording, smiled, and then waved as I picked up the phone.

"Hello, Liz speaking. Oh hi Mel! What’s up? Yeah. Guess what my little sister did. No, she didn’t t.p. my apartment. She sent in a tape to MTV for FANatic about me!!! I know. I still can’t believe it myself. Yeah. This camera guy is here recording us too," I said giving little wave to the camera. "Uh huh. Well, I have to go, but I’ll call you later. Ok. Love ya tonz! Bye."

Mel is one of my best friends. She knows exactly when to call to talk. She is very understanding. I just got out of bed, so I politely told the cameraman that he could have a seat on the couch while I went and got dressed. I heard him say thank you as I headed to my room. Oh my gosh! What should I wear? Well, I don’t think it will matter since I’m going to be flying (I hope) to see them. I put on some faded blue carpenter pants and a purple baby tee with a glittery butterfly logo. I brushed my long blond hair and pulled it into a loose ponytail. I quickly put on some make-up and walked down the hallway.

"So Bo, what is the plan?" I asked excitedly.

"Well, we will go get into the limo for a ride to the airport. You and your sister will enjoy a flight to Florida courtesy of MTV. A limo will pick you up at the airport there and take you to the hotel that you will be staying at. Since your plane is going to land there later tonight, you will go to your hotel and have a good night’s rest. I’m not sure what time, but tomorrow, a limo will pick you up and take you to the studio or wherever to meet the guys. The interview will be the next day after that. So, are you really excited or what?" Bo asked.

"I am sooo totally psyched! I can’t wait!"

* * *

"I can’t believe this is happening," I screamed in delight as we drove down the freeway towards to airport with Bo still recording.

I turned on the stereo and popped in a CD. We both started yelling the words to ‘I Wanna Be With You.’ We were having the time of our lives! I screamed again as the limo came to a stop at the passenger drop-off gate.

"Thank you so much," I said to the driver. "I appreciate it a lot."

"Well you are very welcome," replied the driver as he waved good-bye. "Have a great time."

We grabbed our stuff from the trunk and took off towards the gate. We walked what seemed like forever until we finally got to the right gate. We said good-bye to Bo, who would be traveling on a private jet. After checking in at the desk, we went on to the plane and found our seats.

"Hey Court. Can I have the window seat?" I begged as we stepped into the first class section where we were going to be sitting.

"Sure, but I get it on the way back," she said.

As Court got her seat belt on and got comfortable, I opened the window shade. I couldn’t help but wonder exactly what she had put on that tape. I sure hope she didn’t go into my room and show them all the posters on my walls...or the box of BSB merchandise...or my BSB CD collection.

"So, what exactly did you put in that tape that you sent to MTV?" I prodded.

She just gave me that ‘why-should-I-tell-you’ look. The suspense was killing me!

"Well, if I told you then I’d have to kill you," she said with a giggle.

"Aaaww, come on!" I pleaded.

"Ok, ok. Well, since you gave me a key to your apartment for emergencies, I went over when you were at work. I got a friend of mine to go with me and we went and I explained who I was and what I was doing. After that, we went into your room and taped the billions of pictures on your walls. Remember when I told you that I needed you to make up a dance for my PE class? Well, I kinda lied about that. I put that dance on the tape as well because it was from a BSB song. We also inventoried all of your BSB stuff including CD’s and stuff," Court said. "You aren’t mad are you?"

"Uhhhh. Well, I was kind of hoping that you wouldn’t put those things on there, but since I’m going to meet them, I guess I can’t really be mad," I explained.

"That’s good," she said as she turned back to reading the book that she had gotten out earlier.

Since I had already seen the on-board movie (Armageddon), I laid my head back and dozed off.