- Text Size +

* Chapter 25 *

Well, it’s been almost three months since my trip to Orlando. I’ve called the guys on many occasions, only to get their voice mail or a member of their management to take a message. I never actually got any answers to the messages that I left, so I stopped leaving messages and eventually I gave up on calling them altogether. I did keep in touch with AC though. What a sweet kid! He told me in his letters and phone calls that everything was going great with the Nickelodeon tour that was starting up pretty soon. It’s actually supposed to be starting in a few days. ‘We’re going to be ending up there in Salt Lake’ I remember him saying excitedly over the phone one day.

"I’m coming!" I hollered into my empty apartment as I shut the door.

I lazily threw the pile of mail from my hand onto a small table inside the door and ran over to the ringing phone.

"Hello," I said breathlessly into the phone.

"Hey girlie!"

"Hi Meg!" I exclaimed. "What’s up?"

"A ton! Howie and I are still together, even though he’s on tour right now. As you know, the CD is doing great and our duet is working its way up the charts," she replied enthusiastically.

"How could I forget about the single? People request it like every 30 seconds!" I said with a sarcastic sigh. "I’ve gotten to the point where I just tell the other DJ’s to play it during their shows instead of having to play it during mine."

"That bad huh?" Meg joked.

"No...That well," I corrected her.

"Anyway, I was calling to give you some good news!" she exclaimed happily.

"Ok."

"You and I have been asked to perform our duet on the MTV awards show next month," she said.

I could tell by what she just said that if I were looking at her face, she’d be all smiles.

"You know that I’m already going to be there right?" I asked her, just to make sure that she knew. "Did you tell them yes?"

"They’re going to call me back later tonight to confirm and yes I do know that you were already going to be there," she replied. "I’m so excited that my ‘Ellz’ is up for the ‘best new radio personality’ award...you totally deserve it!"

"Aaaaawww! That’s so sweet of you to say that! Thanks!" I said while walking over to look through the mail.

"It’s true," she said in a reassuring voice.

"Thanks. So, how are the guys doing? You’ve talked to them haven’t you?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, I’ve talked to them a few times on the phone and stuff. I actually got to spend a few days with them when I flew back to Philly to visit my family last month. The tour is really going great," she told me. "Haven’t you talked to them?"

"I haven’t talked to them since the week after I left O-town. I called and left messages, but they never called back so I just assumed that they were too busy to talk," I replied with a sigh. "Anyway, I’ve been exchanging letters and phone calls with Airboy...he’s such a QT!"

"I know he is," she replied happily as I shuffled through a few of the letters in my hands. "Anyway, I have this promotional meeting with my management that I have to get to so I’ll talk to you later."

"Meg?"

"Huh?"

"I know that the guys are going to be at the awards show, but don’t tell them that I’m going to be singing with you. Actually, don’t tell anyone I’m going to be there k?"

"Ok."

"Thanks Meg!"

"No prob. Bye."

"Bye."

I pushed the ‘talk’ button on my phone before turning my attention back to the letters in my hands. After walking over and sitting on the couch in my front room area, I flipped through the rest of the letters until I came to one with a familiar return address. I quickly opened it and pulled out the piece of paper that was inside.

Hey Liz!

What’s up? Everything here in Florida is great! Rehearsals for tour have been fun and I can’t wait to actually ‘hit the road’. Even if this tour is only like 15 shows long, its going to be soooo much fun! By the way, my mom says ‘Hi’. I sure wish that you could come visit...it’s so boring after rehearsals and stuff are over cause Nick and the other guys are gone. At least the house is kind of quiet now. :o) Just kidding. He’d kill me if he found out I said that! I can’t wait to come see your place when we get to Salt Lake. I’ve been to Salt Lake like two times...it’s a fairly nice place. So, how are things going for you? I had a lot of fun when I did that interview for your show. Maybe I’ll just have to stop by your booth at work when I get into town and we can have another interview or something. Anyway, I know that this may seem like a weird question, but what kind of shampoo do you use? I’m not a psycho or anything (good thing Nilo’s not reading this...he’d be laughing his head off), I was just wondering.

Well, mom’s calling me for dinner so I have to go. Write back when you get a chance.

Your favorite Carter,

Airboy

I chuckled as I got up to find some paper so I could write back. After finding some paper on my desk that sat by the door to the balcony, I sat back down on the couch and began to write.

Airboy~

As always, I was very happy to get a letter from you today! It’s good to hear that the preparations for the tour are going so well. :o) Everything here is going pretty well also. The duet that I did with Meg is climbing the charts, which is a good thing I guess. Hey, I’d be happy to have you over here to my place when you’re in town. I can’t wait to show you some of the fun places to go in town! You are right...that is a weird question. If you must know what kind of shampoo I use, it’s called Aussie Mango Smoothie and it smells yummy! I love it! Anyway, say ‘Hi’ to your family and Nilo for me if you ever get to talk to him.

Toodles ‘til we talk again!

Liz

I put the letter in an envelope with a stamp and sealed it before putting it on the same table by the door so I wouldn’t forget to mail it when I left. It was already 5:30 p.m. I had to stay a few extra hours at the station to help with some things, so I was rather tired. I fixed something and quickly ate before heading to my room. After watching an old 80’s movie on one of the PBS channels, I climbed into bed and fell into a deep sleep.