- Text Size +
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty: On the Road Again

“What? You’re kidding me? You need me when?” Alyssa asked baffled and a bit annoyed that the college needed her to come in for semester evaluation the same time she was supposed to be in Florida soaking up the sun while Nick would be rehearsing. “Yes I’ll be there, no it’s not a problem. All right Jennifer I’ll see you then.” Alyssa stated before hanging up.

Nick looked at her seeing the anger flash in her eyes, “Baby what’s wrong?” He asked not certain he wanted to know.

“I can’t make it to rehearsals with you.”

Nick immediately felt disappointed but changed his expression to concern for her, “Why?”

“The hierarchy inside the school is personally doing my semester review since I’m the youngest professor they’ve ever had. So instead of a teleconference with Jennifer I have to be there in person for my evaluation.”

He pulled her to him knowing how much she was looking forward to going to Florida with him. “Is that a bad thing?” He asked moving his hands up and down her back.

She looked up at him, “I certainly hope not. I’ve been working my ass off for them if I get canned I’ll be so pissed.” He kissed her ending her little tirade if only for a moment. “I hate it when you do that.” She stated breaking the kiss.

“And why is that?”

“Because it makes me want to agree to almost anything.”

“Hmm anything huh?”

“ALMOST anything.” She corrected laughing a little.

Four days later...

“Well Alyssa I think your teaching style albeit unconventional is really working.” Dr. Henderson remarked.

Alyssa smiled, “Well thank you, I try to approach it from a student’s point of view to make it interesting for them especially since it’s an online class.”

Jennifer smiled at Alyssa glad she'd made the decision to hire her. “Should we tell her the good news?”

Dr Henderson smiled at Jennifer, “Yes I believe we should.”

Alyssa looked at both of them quite bewildered. “Alyssa we’ve decided to promote you to my position, true you’d still only be teaching undergraduate students, however you’ll be in charge of coordinating the faculty and still teach the same course.”

“So what exactly would this entail?” Alyssa asked worried that she wouldn’t be able to travel.

Jennifer smiled again, “You’ll only have to be available by phone and email so you can still travel if you would like. Also it’s a significant pay raise and you’d be a full professor, which is rare to have without a doctorate. So what do you say?”

Alyssa thought for a moment, “I think I’m going to have to say yes. This is just too good to pass up.”

At that moment they all stood and shook hands, “Well Alyssa you’re new contract will be sent to you via email since I understand you have a plane to catch.” Dr. Henderson stated smiling.

Late that night...

Alyssa walked into the hotel room setting her laptop bag and duffel bag down in a huff. All of the guys looked up from watching the game on the television. Nick saw her and immediately was concerned and noticed the lack of the rest of her bags.

“Liss where are your bags?”

She shot him a glare taking off her dress blazer, “The fucking...” She paused a moment, “Sorry Brian.” She stated knowing that he wasn’t one for swearing much.

His expression softened, “Let loose honey it’s ok.”

She sighed, “Thank you, the fucking airline lost my clothes!!!”

Nick sat there a second, “Do you have any extras?”

“Yes thank god I carry an extra pair of sneakers and clothes in my duffel bag.” She said pointing to it on the floor. “But that’s not the point, my clothes are gone the idiots at the airline sent them to God knows where! The upside though is I got a promotion to full professor and I’ll be coordinating four classes but still teaching one.” She said as Nick pulled her into a hug.

“Hey that’s great you got a promotion and you can borrow something of mine or Leighanne’s or Kristin’s until you can buy new clothes.” Nick replied.

She looked at him, “I know it’s just fucking figures that this would happen, just when almost everything is going great in my life; my job and us; something has to come along and fuck it up.” She replied as they both sat down on the couch. Alyssa slipped off her heels crossing her legs since she was wearing a long tight skirt. “At least the important things didn’t get lost like my laptop and my disks and DVDs or my prescriptions.”

“Prescriptions?” Kevin asked.

Alyssa smiled a little, “Yeah one is for acid reflux disease everyone in my family has it so I take medicine to treat it. And the other is so I don’t get pregnant.” She replied bluntly.

Nick chuckled a bit, “Yeah and if that would happen it would be such a tragedy.” He replied sarcastically.

Alyssa rolled her eyes; “Yeah and Clark would castrate you with a wooden spoon for knocking me up.”

“Ouch, damn you’d think he’d show some restraint since he’s a guy.” Nick replied.

Alyssa laughed a little, “I’m his baby sister, that would be like Angel getting knocked up. You would have a coronary if that happened, which is why you haven’t met her boyfriend.”

“She has a boyfriend?”

“Yep and she’s going to kill me for telling you. He is very respectful of her though waiting until she’s 18 supposedly.”

“How old is he?”

“23. Don’t worry I warned him that if he hurts her that he has to deal with Aaron, you, the girls and me not to mention you guys.”

“It’s weird seeing your sisters all grown up.” AJ remarked. “Makes me feel old that Aaron and Angel are going to be 18 in just a few months.”

“Don’t remind me.” Nick replied.

“How do you think Olivia and Clark feel seeing me grow up? It’s actually kind of sad that my dad didn’t get the chance to know about us.”

Nick looked at her, “He knew.”

“What?” Alyssa looked at him her eyes wide.

He smiled, “Yeah he told me, Mary even put him up to threatening me if I ever hurt you. They figured it out at your graduation.”

“I told you something was up with them!” Alyssa exclaimed.

He smiled, “Yeah I know, that and he wasn’t concerned with us living together he said he knew it would happen eventually when you moved in.”

Alyssa laughed, “Yeah he tried to tell me that he didn’t like the fact that I moved in with you and he couldn’t be there to make sure you would behave.”

He snickered at her comment; “He should have been more worried about you behaving.”

Alyssa laughed at him, “Very true.” She noticed the odd looks the others were exchanging, “It was my idea.” She stated figuring she’d leave out much of the details. “Anyways I’m going to go take a long shower.” She stated getting up going into hers and Nick’s hotel room carrying her shoes and two bags with her.


“What does she mean that it was her idea?” Howie asked.

Nick rolled his eyes; “She is so going to kill me for saying this considering only a few people are aware of it.”

“What?” AJ asked.

Nick sighed and decided he might as well tell them the whole story. “When she was 16 we were talking and joking around about how she was dateless at the time and she came up with an idea...”

“Ali you’re not going to be dateless forever.”

“Yeah you say that now but when I’m 21 and still a virgin I’m going to say I told you so.”

“I bet some guy is going to come along and sweep you off your feet.” Nick replied smiling into the phone.

Alyssa snorted at the comment, “Yeah I’m so sure I swear if I’m still a virgin when I turn 21 I’m just going to screw some random guy to get it over with.”

“Don’t screw some random guy you shouldn’t waste your first time on some idiot.”

She sighed, “Then what do you suggest I make some dumb pact with a guy I know and if I’m still a virgin and he and I are both single then he’d be my first?”

“Actually I think that’s a great idea to be with someone you trust and you know won’t try to hurt you.”

She snickered, “Are you volunteering?”

“Maybe I am.” He shot back.

“...After that weekend and I came back from that tour in Asia we did we decided to give a serious relationship a try and it just kind of snowballed from there.” Nick finished.

“So you two had this plan or pact or whatever from when she was 16 years old?” Kevin asked.

Nick rolled his eyes, “Now I know why she didn’t want me to say anything. It’s not like we took it seriously it was kind of an inside joke but when her 21st birthday started coming up we talked about it and decided that maybe it wasn’t such a dumb idea. Obviously it wasn’t.”

“So did you like her when you both came up with the idea?”

“I’ll admit it yeah I really did like her back then, but there was Amanda and Ali was not exactly legal. Then Collin came along and as much as I liked him and know he made her happy I was jealous as hell.”

“So why not try right after she got through her rough time?”

Nick sighed, “Because besides Alex you guys have no clue the kind of hell she went through. It scared the hell out of me when she was in the hospital. I’ve been extremely protective of her ever since. I was the one that found her in my bathroom in Florida. I will never forget the way she looked gray and pale and the blood...” He paused mentally reliving that night for a moment.

“Ali, I got your favorite ice cream!” Nick called out walking down the hall searching his house for her. He walked into the bathroom his heart stopping at what he saw.

Alyssa lay there a growing pool of blood by her right wrist and a straight razor in her other hand. He rushed over picking up the bottle of Tylenol shaking it noticing it was empty.

“Shit…” He moved over to Alyssa almost afraid to touch her. “Alyssa please wake up…”

He grabbed a towel off of the rack wrapping it around her wrist as tight as he could to stop the flow of blood that made his stomach turn then pulling her into his lap he felt her neck for a pulse.

It was there…barely.

He looked to her other hand pulling the straight razor out of it looking at it. His eyes moved to her face as he threw the razor in the sink. He held her close to him not even realizing the tears that had begun to fall down his face. He stood bending over picking her up and rushed her out to his car placing her in the back before getting in himself pulling out of his driveway so fast the tires squealed…

“When she came back from the hospital I wouldn’t let her out of my sight except to shower and use the bathroom. Even then I would wait for her to come out just because I was so freaked out that she might do that again.”

“Is that why your attitude majorly changed and you were ALWAYS on the phone.” Howie remarked.

Nick laughed a little, “As apposed to you?” He shot back. “Seriously, I would call her just to hear her voice. Just to make sure she was ok.”

Kevin smiled at him, “Honestly I’m happy for you it doesn’t matter how you two started just that you’re happy together.”

“I am happy.” Nick replied. “Anyways can you guys do me a favor?”

“What did you have in mind?”

“Keep Ali busy while I do something for her.”

The next day...

“Where are we going?” Alyssa asked.

Kevin looked at her and smiled, “You’re going out with us today.”

Alyssa laughed sarcastically, “I see that, but where are we going? And where is Nick?” She asked noticing that it was only herself and the four other guys.

Howie smiled at her, “Leighanne and Kristin kidnapped him.”

Meanwhile Leighanne looked over at Nick laughing a little bit, “I cannot believe you are doing this.” She stated.

“Why?” He asked handing her a pair of jeans.

“Because you’ve never done this for anyone before.” Kristin added. “Anyways what kind of clothes does she like?”

“Jeans, tee-shirts mostly. That and Kellie is on her way from Miami to help.” Nick stated just as Kellie walked into the store. “Speaking of...”

“Hey Carter.” Kellie announced pulling him into a quick hug. “So she lost her luggage?”

“Yep almost all of her clothes.”

“So Nick is being all cute and buying her new clothes.” Leighanne stated making a gagging noise.

Kellie laughed, “I think the part he’s looking forward to is buying her new lingerie.”

Nick rolled his eyes, “Considering I’ve destroyed quite a few she’ll thank me for replacing them.”

Leighanne laughed a little, “What designer does she like?”

“For clothes it’s usually anything from Kittson to Isaac Mizrahi, lingerie it’s usually Victoria’s Secret. I tried to get her to like La Perla but she hates paying that much for underwear.”

Later on...

Alyssa walked into the hotel room ready to plop down on the bed exhausted from being dragged all over creation by those four. She looked at the bed seeing bags all over it from various stores all ones that she liked and a bouquet of purple roses and white calla lilies. She picked up the card reading it.

Stop smelling the flowers and look in the bags.

Nick

Alyssa laughed at him knowing her so well. She looked in the bags seeing clothes pulling them all out seeing they were all her size jeans, skirts, dresses, shirts, underwear even a new luggage set to replace the ones she’d lost. “NICKOLAS!!!” She yelled right before walking out into the living area that adjoined all the suites.

Nick looked up smiling at her from the couch as everyone rushed in thinking something was wrong, “What?”

“Did you...?” Alyssa trailed off.

“Buy you new clothes? Yeah, I had help though.”

Alyssa grinned and pulled him into a kiss wrapping her arms around his neck. “AHEM!” Kellie cleared her throat getting them to break the kiss. Alyssa saw her and went over pulling her into a hug.

“Kel!!” She nearly shouted. She broke away from the hug smiling, “Thanks you guys.” She said gratefully.

“We helped too.” AJ said from where he and the others were standing.

Alyssa smiled at them “So that’s why you dragged me everywhere? To keep me busy while he went and spent an ungodly amount on new clothes for me.”

“Exactly.” Brian replied.

Alyssa went over and hugged them, “You guys are the best, seriously I don’t deserve this.”

“Yes you do.” Nick replied pulling her by the waist to him.

She looked over her shoulder at him and smiled, “Thank you.”

“Well go try em on!” Kellie exclaimed smiling at Alyssa as Kellie walked into the hotel bedroom followed by Alyssa with Nick not far behind making the guys laugh.

About an hour later Alyssa came walking out the bathroom wearing a black halter dress with a plunging neck line, “I look like a hoochie in this.” She stated looking down at herself.

“I think you look classy.” Kellie replied.

“I think you look fucking hot.” Nick added.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “You’ve said that about everything I’ve tried on.”

“I think he means that even with the clothes off.” Kellie replied snickering.

Alyssa blushed a little bit before grabbing another bag and going back into the bathroom. She opened the bag pulling out the ankle length dark burgundy silk nightgown, which had the back that came up just barely to the small of her back. “Wow.” She whispered changing into it. After putting it on she turned to the side seeing a slit that went all the way up to her upper thigh. “Kellie, come here for a second.” She semi-commanded.

Kellie and Nick exchanged a glance and she got up going into the bathroom seeing Alyssa standing there in the nightgown. “Wow, now that’s lingerie.”

“Did he pick this out?” Alyssa asked.

“He must have because I didn’t see this. You want me to get out of here huh?” Kellie asked.

Alyssa grinned, “I think he deserves a proper thank you. Besides you and I are going out to lunch tomorrow.”

Kellie began backing up towards the bathroom, “I want details.”

Alyssa smiled, “You know I’ll share.” She replied as Kellie made her way out of the hotel room.

On her way out she stopped by Nick who was lounging on the bed, “You are so in for it.” Kellie said grinning then moving out the door.

A couple seconds later Alyssa walked out leaning on the doorjamb. “So you think you’re pretty sneaky huh?” She stated grinning at him.

He looked at her and his eyes grew wide and his jaw dropped. He stood up a little afraid to touch her in case he was hallucinating. “My god you look...”

Alyssa laughed at him, “I like it, how did you know that I had liked this in the damn catalog?” She replied referring to the gown she had seen in the Victoria’s Secret catalog.

He smiled reaching out touching her arm before pulling her to him, “You fold the corner of each page where there is something you like.”

“Flipping through my catalog huh?” She replied with a devilish smirk on her face. “So do you like?” She said changing the subject.

He held her to him and picked her up carrying her over to the bed laying her down on it and himself on top of her, “I’ll let you know.” He replied before leaning down to kiss her slowly.

The next afternoon...

“So...?” Kellie asked grinning at Alyssa.

“So what?” Alyssa shot back.

Kellie rolled her eyes, “How was his thank you?”

“It was just...” Alyssa stated sighing before continuing, “Let’s just say he really, really liked the lingerie.”

“That good huh? Because you were pretty quiet, my room is like right next door.”

“It was insanely good. It was one of those where it’s too good to make much noise except breathing.”

Kellie rolled her eyes at her best friend, “How can you not make any noise?”

“I have no clue but it was just...”

“Like The Notebook type good or what?”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Ok I love that movie but seriously what is your fascination with that scene?” She asked referring to the now infamous love scene between the lead characters.

“Because it’s hot, romantic and hot.”

“Yeah ok I see your point. I don’t know how to describe anytime Nick and I are together without getting all cheesy and clichéd you know?”

Kellie smiled at her, “Aww sweetie that means you’re in love.”

“I know that already.”

“You know there were rumors on the net that you and him are breaking up.”

Alyssa sighed, “Yeah, it’s because I had to stay in LA for my evaluation and he was pretty bummed about me having to stay behind a couple days. I think he’s trying to get a family dinner arranged so I can be formally introduced as his girlfriend even though they all know me.” Alyssa said chuckling a little bit.

“You think maybe he wants them to see how serious he is about you?”

“I don’t know, it’s crazy how serious we are now. It’s almost as if...”

“As if he might ask a certain question soon...” Kellie added. She knew Nick had bought the ring and was trying to see if maybe Alyssa might be ready for that question.

“I know what you’re implying and the answer is no. That’s too huge for us right now, I want to take it slow really build up our relationship and please he doesn’t even believe that marriage works.”

“You never know he could change his mind.”

**************************

Nick Narrating:

Now I remember why I hate touring. As much fun as being on stage is that’s exactly how un-fun (if that’s even a word) all the other shit involved is. But having Alyssa with me makes it bearable.

I keep looking over that list she wrote that I keep in my laptop. I love that she’s open with her feelings now and it makes talking to her even better than before.

She’s a lot more open about everything now and we don’t fight or even argue much anymore.

True we still argue sometimes but we diffuse if pretty quick with one of us, usually me realizing we’re being stupid and we bust out laughing about it.

It’s something that I’ve never experienced before.

With my parents it was one argument after another with the occasional good day here and there. That’s one of the reasons why I don’t believe that marriage works.

I know I bought her an engagement ring and someday yeah I’d love to marry her. Even though I don’t think it works I think that it would with her. Her parents are the reason for that. When her father was alive anyone could tell that her parents were meant to be together that they were soul mates. Now that Jamie passed away you can see the pain Mary has been going through. It made me think what losing Alyssa would be like and I didn’t like it one bit.

Almost losing her when she tried to kill herself was one thing since we were only friends back then.

But to lose her now, after knowing what we have together, I know I wouldn’t survive it.

It’s so unbelievably crazy to be so sure about one person. Especially since for the longest time I was so unsure of anything with us and now I know that she loves me; I hear it all the time now, which by the way is fucking amazing.

In a way I’m kind of glad that she waited as long as she did to say it. I’ll never tell her that but it’s not the fact that she waited so long the point is that she finally overcame her fear of losing people that are close to her.

True she still has a fear of losing her loved ones but she was able to let go of trying to protect herself from losing them and open up.

Her father’s death I think opened her eyes a little. It showed her that it would still hurt just as much if not more if you close yourself off.

Losing Jamie was hard on everyone that’s for sure. Alyssa doesn’t really cry in front of people except in front of me, and her family and even though she tried to hide it she cried at the funeral. I think everyone did myself included.

Jamie was one of the first people to welcome me into their family and he always listened and gave advice on whatever I might need to talk to him about. No doubt the hardest it’s been on is Mary, even though she knew how sick he was and was prepared for the worst.

Nothing can prepare you for having to let someone go especially someone you’ve spent your life with. That’s why Clark has been staying with her, so that she has someone to talk to…to work out her grief.

The first few nights after Jamie passed away; Alyssa was so broken up all she did was cry. It hurt to see her in so much pain. I kept quiet though letting her cry, or talk, whatever she needed I was there. She tried to push me away at first but I told her I wasn’t going anywhere and after that for a while she was like my shadow, no doubt she was worried that I’d be taken from her too.

Then what happened after the funeral in the car was odd. She’d never done something like that.

Granted she’s been aggressive in the past but it was so different. I know she was grieving and using me as a distraction, which bugged the hell out of me. I’m not one for passing up a chance to mess around but it didn’t feel right.

Which is of course why I avoided being close with her for a while. I needed her to understand what her actions did. And when she talked to me about it she told me exactly what I needed to hear from her. Of course now we talk even more just to avoid miscommunications like that again.

End Narration.

****************************

“I think I might go home for a couple days, to Arizona.” Alyssa stated unsure of what Nick’s reaction might be.

Nick looked up from his book and over at her, “You’re leaving?”

“Only for a couple days. My mom wanted me to come see her just for a couple days and then I’ll be back. Have Chris or David come out complain about women, drink, spit, scratch, watch porn… do whatever.”

Nick laughed at her comment, “It could be fun, and I have missed hanging out with them. But what will I do if I get lonely.” He replied making his best puppy-dog face.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Call me or...” She paused digging in her bag pulling out a DVD and tossed it over to him, “Watch this.”

“Is this ours?” He asked getting an evil grin on his face.

“You betcha.”

Two Days later...

Nick’s phone rang for the third time as he rummaged through the room frantically trying to find it finally getting to it just in time before the voicemail picked up. “Hello?” He said out of breath.

“Were you lost?” Lori asked giggling into the phone.

Nick sighed disappointed that it wasn’t Alyssa calling him, “Hey Lori.”

“Don’t act so happy to hear from me now.” She stated sarcastically.

He laughed a little, “Sorry just I miss Lissa.”

“Speaking of Ali, have you checked your email?” Lori asked smiling a little.

He thought a moment, “Umm no why? Should I?”

“Trust me it’s the hottest thing I’ve ever seen and I’m not even into girl on girl stuff.”

Nick got out his laptop, “Wait what??”

“Let’s just say we all got drunk, I had Clark’s camera and Jenna had the camcorder and we were joking around and Kellie and Ali were the ones that were the most drunk and uh well go see.”

Completely interested now and a bit anxious to see what the hell it was he loaded his email up and opened the email with the subject line
“OMG!” he opened the first attachment seeing a still picture of a very drunk Kellie and Alyssa in a lip lock, “Oh dear God.” He gasped looking at it completely turned on merely by the fact he knew they were straight and yet still kissed anyways.

“Which one did you open?” Lori asked.

“The picture, damn that’s just, my God.”

Lori laughed a little, “Yeah I figured you’d enjoy that now open the video attachment.”

Nick opened it and waited for it to load, “How did you get them to do this?”

“They had talked about it earlier and we were all drinking and having fun and Jenna dared em to so they did.” Lori explained.

When the video loaded Nick saw Jenna first, “Nick, since you’re a straight guy I think you’ll enjoy this because I’m about to dare your girlfriend to make out with her best friend, and to make their inhibitions nice and low we got em liquored up.” He watched it smiling when he saw Alyssa in her silly stage of being drunk giggling at a comment by Olivia about sex.

In the background he heard Jenna get the girls attention and dare them. Kellie and Alyssa both laughed a little until Jenna assured them she was dead serious. They stopped laughing and shrugged looking at each other.

It was then Alyssa pulled Kellie to her and kissed her hard. The camera zoomed in just in time to catch a glimpse of Alyssa’s tongue sliding into Kellie’s mouth.

Nick stared at the computer screen not believing what he saw, “How drunk was Ali?” He managed to ask Lori.

“She was nearly three sheets to the wind, this happened last night, and they both remembered it this morning so they couldn’t have been too bad off.” Lori stated.

He thought a moment, “What did they say this morning?”

Lori laughed a little, “They were fine with it, but then were laughing because they are that comfortable with each other. Jenna said she was going to email the video to you and Ali got a deer in headlights look.”

He laughed, “Yeah she probably thinks I’ll be pissed or something.”

“Are you?”

“No, the only thing I’m pissed about is that I wasn’t there to see it happening myself. It’s just...” He trailed off.

“You really like it huh?” Lori asked laughing a little.

He sighed, “Where is Lissa?” He asked changing the subject.

“She just walked in you want to talk to her?”

“Yes.” He stated as the phone was passed to Alyssa.

“Hello lover what’s up?” Alyssa asked walking into his office closing the door for some privacy.

“I saw the video and the picture.”

Alyssa swallowed hard for a second, “And?” She asked not sure what his reaction was going to be.

“That was the hottest thing I have ever seen you do.” He answered back.

Alyssa raised her eyebrows completely shocked at his reaction, “Seriously? I thought you’d be mad or something.”

“No not mad at all.” He replied. “You do realize that seeing that nearly killed me right?”

“What do you mean?” Alyssa asked sitting in his desk chair twirling around a little bit.

He sighed trying to organize his thoughts a bit before speaking, “For a long time I’ve had this… ummm…. fantasy of sorts that involves you two.” He said in a rush.

Alyssa stopped twirling around in the chair and sat up, “What? Like what type of fantasy are we talking here?”

“The type you’d only see in my bottom drawer in my closet.” He said referring to his porn stash.

Alyssa thought a moment, “Like a threesome?” She asked.

He looked around the room trying to find a way to answer that, “Well, umm yeah.” He answered quietly a little afraid of how she would take it.

“How come you haven’t told me this before?”

“I was afraid you’d hate the idea and nix it completely so I kept it to myself. Not a lot of straight women are down for that.”

“What messing around with a girl while her boyfriend watches and then joins or whatever?”

Nick’s breath caught in his throat for a moment, “Basically, yeah.”

Alyssa thought a moment, “Why would you think I’d be mad or be completely against it?”

“Are you completely against it?”

Alyssa sighed, “No, I’m not actually now that I think about it, it might be kind of fun. But it would be a one time thing right?”

He smiled a little knowing her apprehension having heard horror stories about threesomes where someone got jealous and screwed up the relationships and friendships involved. “Yeah, it would be.”

Alyssa thought a moment, “Hmm well then maybe Kellie and I will surprise you sometime when you least expect it.”

“You’d seriously be willing to do this?”

“Yeah, why not, it’s something for you, fulfilling a fantasy of yours that you’ve never told anyone about right?”

“Yeah except for you now. I think you just won girlfriend of the century for even considering this.”

Alyssa laughed, “Kellie should be down for it too, we’re best friends we know we’re straight and it’d only be for one night so what’s the big deal?”

“It’s just I never thought you’d even consider it.”

“Well if I had a crazy fantasy that I haven’t said anything about, which I probably do if I think about it, I’d like for you to do that for me so why not reciprocate?”

Four days later...

“So where the hell have you been?” Chris asked.

Nick rolled his eyes, “We’ve been hanging out for the past three days and you’re just asking now? Anyways I’ve been working, and I have a serious girlfriend now so those two things take up a lot of time.”

“A girlfriend, man you went and got yourself pussy whipped?” David asked acting indignant.

Nick laughed a little, “You’re going to have a heart attack when I tell you who.”

“If it’s another heiress I am personally whooping your ass.” Chris shot back.

“You think I’m that stupid? Hell no man, the girl I’m seeing is Alyssa.”

Both of them shut up and stared at him wide-eyed, “Alyssa as in sweet, funny virgin Alyssa the one that dated Michael?” David asked not quite believing what he was hearing.

“Who are you calling a virgin?” Alyssa stated standing in the doorway.

Nick looked over at her smiling getting up going over to her picking her up and twirling her around. “You came back early.”

“Yeah I was able to catch an earlier flight and I thought why not and be able to see the show tonight.” Alyssa replied as he set her down. She looked over to see David and Chris sitting there about the only two of Nick’s non-famous guy friends that she could stand besides Brent. “Hey losers.” She joked.

“So you’re the one that’s been taking up all his time?” Chris asked smiling at her.

Alyssa smiled, “You’re damn straight I am.”