- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay so I've written chapters 1 and 2 and half of 3 of the sequel so I decided to give you all another chapter. I hope you enjoy this, and if I'm able to write up to chapter 5 on the sequel I'll post the last two chapters sometime this week. Anyways enjoy and let me know what you all think ok? Thanks so much again for all your feedback!!
Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five: Family Ties

“I swear Mom if you so much as make one comment I will kick you out.” Nick spoke sternly into the phone.

Jane sighed, “Fine, I can’t believe you want everyone at dinner. What is so important?” Jane asked wondering why he was being so adamant that everyone his parents their new spouses, and all his siblings, half and step, would be there.

Nick thought a moment, “I’ve met someone.” He stated pretty sure the shit storm was about to begin. No one was good enough for him in Jane’s eyes.

“And who is she?” Jane asked trying to remain calm but already made her mind up that she wouldn’t like her.

Nick sighed, “She’s the one, my soul mate and I want my whole family to meet her, true Aaron and the girls have met her and they love her to death, but I want Dad, and you and your new spouses to meet her. To meet your future daughter-in-law.” He stated testing out that title.

“You proposed?”

“Not yet, but I plan to when the time is right, we’ve been dating a little over a year now and she’s the love of my life.”

“What does she think of the guys?”

“She loves them and they love her. Mom even Kevin approves.” Nick reasoned figuring that she’d agree if Kevin did.

“What did your father say?”

Nick smiled, “He said he’d be there and that he’d behave as long as you would, that it would be the least he could do for me after all the petty crap you two put us kids through.” Nick shot back.

“All right, I’ll behave I promise.” Jane responded in a huff not really wanting to but figuring if Bob had said he’d behave then she’d have to follow suit or be further pushed out of her son’s life.

“Good.”

**************************

Nick Narrating:

Ok I admit it I never thought Alyssa would go through with my little fantasy. But she did and it was unbelievable, she was unbelievable. Every straight man has a fantasy about watching two very straight women get it on but watching her with Kellie was the sexiest thing I’ve ever seen.

I’ve done my fair share of freaky stuff in my life but that knowing that they were doing it just for me.

My own personal Girls Gone Wild.

I can’t wait for Kellie to finish editing the video of it just so I can watch it. I doubt I’ll be able to watch it with Alyssa without ripping off her clothes and screwing her senseless.

I love that she did that for me, I love her even more for fulfilling that fantasy of mine even better than I had ever imagined it to be. And because of her willingness to fulfill it I’ve fallen even more in love with her than before. Crazy, yes I know. Most guys would probably fuck it up by wanting both girls all the time but as much as it was good to be with Kellie while Ali watched…it just wasn’t Ali. It was good, really good but with Ali it’s not so much the sensation of being inside her it’s just being with her.

In all seriousness Kellie was great but there was something missing. That emotional connection that I have with Alyssa wasn’t there when I was with Kellie, when we did it, it was purely lust and Alyssa wanting to watch it. When it’s Alyssa it’s lust, love, passion, everything you know?

Alex laughed at me when I tried to explain it to him. But I truly see now that I don’t need or want any other woman. And it took one wild night to see that. It scared the hell out of me the next morning when I felt nothing but friendship for Kellie. I was relieved but scared too. I think somewhere in the back of my mind I was nervous that it wouldn’t be different with Kellie and that I’d somehow not love Alyssa as much.

But happily I proved myself wrong. It scared me because now I know for a fact that I don’t want anyone else, that I can’t live without her by my side loving me and being loved in return.

Which is why I’m organizing a family dinner to formally introduce her as my girlfriend…the woman I fully intend to marry.

I know, I know why do this when my whole family has already met her, knows her and adores her right? One reason, I want them to know and accept her as the woman in my life and not just my best friend or my roommate.

Having my siblings there is purely for Alyssa’s and my benefit, they all know about our relationship and are behind us 100%. That will help in case my parents are less than receptive. My Dad he’s the easy one he’ll approve as long as I’m happy, he’s pretty easy going like that. The difficult one is going to be my mother. No woman is good enough for me in her eyes. And as much as I don’t give a shit about what she thinks I know it would mean the world to Alyssa for my mother to approve of our relationship.

As much as I don’t trust or even get along with my parents anymore, Alyssa still always says that they are my family and that no matter what fucked up drama goes on that I can’t change that.

She’s right, they are my family and I still love them, all of them just my parents royally piss me off a lot of the time.

I have no doubt that Alyssa is going to stun them all. Even just by her beauty, I had Kellie design the perfect dress for her to wear.

Sexy, yet completely classy.

It’s this dark emerald green silk sleeveless dress that has a v-neck that shows just enough cleavage to be sexy but not enough to be overtly so. It also has the back almost completely out and clings to her curves perfectly.

The fact that it’s my favorite color as well also has a lot to do with why I love it on her. That and it matches her eyes making her look even more desirable to me than usual. I just hope I can contain myself and behave with her in the dress in front of my family.

But I make no guarantees.

End Narration.

*********************************

“Aaron, honey will you let me in on who this girl is?” Jane asked.

Aaron rolled his eyes, “You’ll see trust me.”

Nick walked over handing his mother a glass of chardonnay and smiled at her, “She’ll be home soon. She had a bunch of meetings at work and then needed to pick up something at her friend’s house on the way.” He stated.

Jane eyed her son not really believing the sight before her him all dressed up in khakis and a black turtle neck complete with his hair spiked and diamond studs in both his ears. “All right I guess I’m going to have to suffer won’t I?” She remarked smiling a little.

“Yep.” Nick replied going over talking quickly with his father before going out to the front seeing Alyssa pull up in her car. He smiled as she got out in the dress putting on her heels as she hobbled over to him throwing her arms around his neck kissing him. He pulled away a minute later taking her hand lacing it with his as they walked inside the house. “You ready for this?” He asked glancing over at her.

She sighed gripping his hand a little tighter and looked at him dropping her keys and purse near the door. “Yes.” She gulped.

“Hey, don’t worry if you need help Aaron and the girls have their instructions to rescue you if I can’t.” He replied kissing her temple as they walked out to the back porch where everyone was. They stood on the doorway between the house and the porch for a moment letting everyone’s attention drift to them. “Mom, Dad this is my girlfriend Alyssa.” He stated smiling at her as she grinned back.

Jane’s eyes grew wide as did Bob’s as they took in the sight before them. Jane walked over letting her eyes sweep over the two of them the happy twinkle in his eyes, the lovesick smiles on their faces.

Bob was the first to move pulling Alyssa into a hug, “Welcome to the family sweetheart. It’s about time the two of you got together.” He stated happily.

“Thank you.” Alyssa replied smiling warmly.

Nick looked at his mother who’d been stunned into silence, “Mom, you’re insanely quiet.” He commented bringing her out of her coma-like trance.

She looked at the two of them and smiled, “Yes, welcome honey.” She added pulling Alyssa into a hug.

After that move there seemed to be a collective sigh as if everyone was holding their breath. They all settled at the table seating Jane and Bob at opposite ends to keep them as far apart as possible just to avoid any confrontation that may occur.

“So Alyssa how long have you and Nick been dating?” Ginger, Bob’s new wife asked with a warm smile.

Alyssa took a sip of her wine and replied, “A little over a year now, since about my 21st birthday actually.” Alyssa smiled taking a bite of her chicken marsala happy that Nick had decided to make one of her ‘comfort’ food favorites to calm her nerves.

“So I’m guessing it’s serious?” Jane asked. “With you two living together correct?”

Nick grinned a little hoping his mother was putting on an act only to mood change minutes later like she’d done in the past. “To answer your question yes it’s very serious, mother.” He stated giving Alyssa a reassuring grin.

“Yeah mom, you should see the fan site dedicated to Ali, even the fans have accepted her.” Leslie added.

Alyssa glanced at her grinning a little and then turned to Jane, “The fans as you know have a tendency to go a little overboard sometimes. But it’s sweet that they’ve been so accepting of Nick and I.”

“And of course the guys think the world of you.” Nick added making Alyssa glance at him from across the table and smiled.

“I love those four, all of them have been so completely wonderful to me, and Leighanne, Kristin and Lee. Hell even Kaci likes me.” Alyssa remarked as everyone chuckled a little.

Nick grinned at her as they all fell into comfortable conversation. He breathed a sigh of relief that his parents seemed to approve of Alyssa so far. When dinner was over Jane insisted on doing the dishes despite the protests of Nick and Alyssa. Nick wandered into the kitchen going over to his mother.

“So…?” He stated as more of a question as he grabbed some dishes as she rinsed them and placed them in the dishwasher.

Jane looked at her son, “You know I’ve always liked Alyssa and how she was always a good influence on you. What made you think that I wouldn’t like her as your girlfriend?”

Nick sighed, “Because you hate every woman I’ve ever introduced you to.”

Jane handed him the last dish and dried her hands turning to him, “Well Nickolas what would you like me to say? That I approve? Yes I approve, she’s the type of woman a mother wishes her son would fall in love with. Beautiful, intelligent and independent.”

Nick sighed for a moment and pulled her into a hug, “Thank you.”

“For what?” Jane asked completely perplexed by her son’s reaction.

He pulled away and looked at her, “For being a mother instead of a manager for once in my life.”

Jane smiled at him, “Don’t expect it to last.” She joked as he rolled his eyes. He excused himself going into the living room his father stopping him.

“Yeah Pop?” He asked.

Bob grinned at his eldest son and patted him on the shoulder, “Don’t let this one get away, you hear?” He stated making Nick smile at him. That was his way of giving his blessing.

Later that night…

Alyssa and Nick waved as the last car drove off into the night. They closed the front door staring at each other not quite believing the evening they’d had. “Did they really give us the blessing?” She asked tentatively.

He smiled and scooped her up twirling them around the foyer as she squealed. He placed her back down on the floor and pulled her into a searing kiss. Breaking away he replied, “I guess it’s fucking official, you are amazing. I loved watching you tonight, you handled every question and comment by my parents perfectly.”

Alyssa smiled, “Years of watching your mother pulverize any girl who thought she could get close to you.”

“Whatever it was you had me stunned.” He answered back as she slipped off her shoes him doing the same.

“Nickolas…”Alyssa began as he looked her in the eyes grinning a little.

“What?” He asked placing his hands on her back running them over her soft skin.

“I love you.” She replied grinning at him.

He smiled broadly and scooped her up again carrying her up the stairs to their bedroom.

******************************

Alyssa Narrating:

It’s completely insane. We got the ‘blessing’ from not just the guys, the fans, but from BOTH of our families. I knew mine would approve no matter what, they’ve always loved Nick.

It’s his that worried me. The siblings, they were easy they all knew that he and I are together long before the night of the dinner but having them there…actually calmed me down a bit. Knowing that in case Nick was conveniently out of sight and his parents, more importantly Jane, let the claws come out that I had four people to save me.

I seriously love the four of them. Aaron, Angel, Leslie and Bobbie; they are truly the coolest siblings Nick could have ever gotten. Seriously now there was some MAJOR tension in the room with both Bob and Jane there and they made jokes, got everyone’s mind off of it and turned it into one of the most enjoyable experiences that I’ve had.

And then after everyone left Nick took me off my feet and carried me up stairs for some of the best victory sex ever! Trust me getting the blessing from Jane is definite cause for celebration. Hell it’s cause for a fucking parade!!

I love Jane, true Nick doesn’t get along with her a lot but she was ALWAYS nice to me, never judged me or treated me badly so I will never say one bad thing about her.

In all the years of knowing Leslie and Nick and their family Jane has always had one consistent mood when it comes to someone in her eldest son’s love life. Complete and utter distaste for them. No matter how nice, pretty, smart or independent they were she’d always find something wrong with them that would in actuality end up dooming the relationship.

With Amanda it was the fact that she depended on Nick for everything. With Tiffany it was because she was too independent. And don’t even get me started on Paris. Jane and I had a mutual hatred towards the girl. The only thing Jane liked about her was that she had her own money.

However Parasite (as some of the fans call her…I totally love them for it) was more interested in making headlines and driving Nick crazy than having an actual relationship with him.

Jane would always tell Nick, ‘sweetie why can’t you find a nice girl’ and it would just serve to infuriate Nick more about his relationship with his mother. I know she had his best interests in mind for that part of his life at least. She wanted him happy and in a healthy relationship, with a woman he could really take home to meet her. Funny thing is the right girl was right here in front of him all along playing the cute sarcastic best friend who’d make fun of him for the bimbos he’d pick up.

I hated it when he’d pick up other women, especially if I were around, I actually started to separate him into two people on his solo tour.

The rock star, and my best friend.

The rock star was this egotistical jerk who’d promise a girl the world to get her into bed and the next morning tell her to get the fuck out.

The more and more that I saw of the “rockstar” the less and less I saw of my best friend, the sweet, goofy guy who wanted nothing more than to just sing and hang out with friends and family.

It got worse when Paris came into the picture. Soon after they started dating he delved even more into the “rockstar” persona. I actually thought he was going to start using drugs for a while. I know he’s tried them.

I can’t say I blame him for giving into the temptation. I’ve been to a few “industry” parties in my day and along with the expensive alcohol and high class food there’s free drugs, just enough to get the artists hooked and then they conveniently take it away so that the entertainers want it and are willing to pay anything for it.

Many cautionary rock star tales have started out with doing a line of coke or a drag of weed in the back rooms and dark corners of the industry parties. Thankfully he had Alex’s example to show him just how bad it can get. That and I’m sure he had Kevin to kick his ass on more than one occasion. When he went back in the studio with the guys I started to see my best friend again in bits and pieces. One night after Nick and Paris had finally broken up and the bruises had appeared in the tabs we both got drunk.

Well I was tipsy and he was drunk. He got the full story from me about how I felt like I didn’t really know him anymore. How I had separated him in two people.

We both had a very long deep tearful confessional conversation about how sorry he was that I felt like I didn’t know him anymore. After that he was Nick again. Back to the goofy funny guy I fell in love with. And he made that transformation not a moment too soon because right after that we started dating.

I loved his reaction to what Kellie and I did for him. It was actually kind of fun having a girl to play with for a night. I know he fucking loved every second of it. Kellie finished editing the video of it and she had me over and let me watch it and God damn!

I now know why men have a fascination about two very straight girls getting it on. It was hot, knowing he was watching hearing him in the background. Then watching us together. True it was weird but hot seeing him and Kellie but seeing him and I and Kellie together…damn it was insane. Nick’s not allowed to see it yet. I’m waiting to give it to him on his birthday. A permanent reminder of his wild night with his girlfriend and her best friend.

Good present right? I think so too.

End Narration

***********************************