- Text Size +
Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Go With the Flow

 

“Wait a second, you and Nick made out?” Lori asked smirking triumphantly.

 

Alyssa rolled her eyes as she looked at Lori, “Why do I tell you anything?  Yes we made out, we were talking and kinda joking around and he said that I had asked him to teach me and before I could finish my sentence he pulled me into this kiss that....my God... would have made Shakespeare jealous.”

 

Lori smiled and glanced over at Alyssa as she drove, “And?”

 

“And I stopped him after his hand went up my shirt and tried to…”

 

“Cop a feel.” Lori interjected.

 

“Considering I don’t wear a bra to bed I’m guessing yeah, he even reached back to see if I was wearing one.”

 

Lori giggled, “I cannot believe this is Nick we’re talking about here.”

 

Alyssa laughed a little as well. “You’re telling me. If I would have known he could do things like that I would have jumped him ages ago.”

 

“He made you hot didn’t he?” Lori asked bluntly.

 

Alyssa blushed.

 

“He did not!” Lori exclaimed.

 

“I hate to admit it but yeah he did.  Besides I wasn’t the only one getting into it.” Alyssa replied laughing.

 

Lori gasped, “You mean, he was…oh damn how big do you think?”

 

“I don’t know I was more shocked that he was turned on in the first place, considering…”

 

Lori rolled her eyes, “Considering what? You’re gorgeous Ali, he’s hot, and you both are single and legal so have some fun.”

 

“I know we spent most of last night talking about what happened.”

 

“And the other part of the time?” Lori asked smiling knowingly.

 

Alyssa blushed, “Reliving what happened. You have no idea, he made me weak in the knees literally.”

 

Lori all of a sudden got an idea, “I have an idea that will have him begging for you to let him get some early.”

 

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “I’m afraid to ask.”

 

“Then just listen.  Ok when you two are alone tonight, initiate it this time.  Slide your hand under his shirt and pull him on you when you do and see what he does.”

 

“What?! You’re telling me to grope him? What are you my sex coach?” Alyssa remarked laughing.

 

“Think sex therapist.” Lori said laughing. Alyssa glared back at her with a shocked expression. “What? I’m serious! He has had the hots for you since you were 16-years-old. Ask anyone who has seen you two around each other can tell that boy has to take a lot of cold showers.”

 

“What do you mean, like he told me that he had a crush on me but that he kind of got over it, I guess.” Alyssa replied.

 

Lori rolled her eyes, “With a kiss like that do you honestly think he’s gotten over you?  A guy doesn’t kiss a girl like that if he sees her as a only a friend ok?”

 

Alyssa put her head in her hands, “What am I going to do?”

 

“Just go with the flow hon.” Lori said smiling as they pulled into the parking space.

 

Meanwhile...

 

“So what are we doing for lunch?” AJ asked Nick.

 

Nick took a drink from his water bottle and shrugged. “I don’t know Alyssa said she might stop by for lunch.”

 

“Ok what’s the deal with her?” AJ asked.

 

“What do you mean?” Nick asked back.

 

AJ smiled, “Let’s see, she’s gorgeous, frighteningly intelligent, athletic, and doesn’t want your money or fame, exactly why haven’t you two gotten together?”

 

Nick rolled his eyes and sat down, “Because we’ve been friends since she was nearly 13 and…”

 

“Ok in your own words describe her.”

 

Nick looked at him weird, “What on earth are you talking about?”

 

“Just describe her and I’ll tell you if you should ask her out.”

 

“Fine.  She’s amazing, great personality, intelligent, a warped sense of humor like us.”

 

“And what do you guys do to hang out when no one else is around?”

 

Nick thought a moment his mind going back to the night before. “Umm, we talk for hours, she tries to teach me how to cook, play video games occasionally, watch movies, help her study, sometimes go out to dinner or a club if we’re really bored.”

 

“So you’re in love with her am I right?”

 

Nick looked up at his friend a bit shocked at his bluntness, “That’s not the point.” He remarked.

 

“Oh man you’ve got it bad. You’re in love with her and too damn afraid to tell her right?”

 

“I told her that I…” Nick trailed off seeing Alyssa and Lori walk in with bags. 

 

AJ stood up, “Ali, I didn’t know you were coming today.” He said with a big smile grabbing a couple of the bags from the girls.

 

“Well I bought everyone lunch!” Alyssa said as Brian and Kevin walked in out of breath.

 

“Did someone say lunch?” Brian replied with a cheesy grin on his face.

 

“Lissa you didn’t have to do this.” Nick answered.

 

Lori laughed, “Well I pitched in we have a few things to celebrate today.” She retorted as Howie walked back in just as out of breath as Kevin and Brian were.

 

“What’d ya buy?” AJ asked snooping around the bags only to have Alyssa swat him away.

 

“Kevin, I got you a turkey club with French fries and water. Hope you guys like what we got, we’re just going off of what Nick told me you guys would normally eat.”

 

“Howie yours is tuna on whole wheat with an ice tea” Lori continued.

 

“Brian I got you macaroni salad, with a side of fruit. And Nick got your personal favorite chicken salad sandwich.” Alyssa finished.

 

“Where did you guys get all of this? Nick asked.

 

“Student union, it was on the way.” Lori answered.

 

In between bites AJ added, “So what’s the celebration for?”

 

Lori looked over at Alyssa, “Well I finished my thesis and we made the sweet 16 we’re going to nationals!” She exclaimed.

 

“You finished, damn that’s great news.” Nick said smiling.

 

 “I understand it being cause for celebration but why are you so happy?” Kevin asked.

 

Alyssa laughed, “So he won’t wake up at 3AM hearing me cussing out my laptop because I can’t think of what to write next.”

 

“Well yeah and you’re birthday is tomorrow, you shouldn’t have to worry about that on your birthday.”

 

“True, but anyways we have to go to class, I have an inorganic chemistry midterm to take.” Lori said cringing.

 

Alyssa laughed, “I’ll see you at home tonight right?”

 

“Yeah I’ll order Chinese or something.” Nick replied giving her a hug.

 

“Bye guys see ya tomorrow.” Lori and Alyssa said at the same time and then started laughing as they walked out.

 

As Lori and Alyssa got into the car Lori remarked, “Alyssa and Nick sitting in a tree…”

 

Alyssa shot her a glare, “You finish that sentence and I’ll make sure you won’t play in the tournament.”

 

Lori cackled at Alyssa’s response as she pulled out of the parking lot.

 

That night…

 

“Nick I’m home!” She shouted the second time carrying her bags up to her bedroom.  Shopping with Kellie turned out to be more of a spree than a quick trip to the mall.  She set her backpack, and various shopping bags down hearing the shower going, she knocked on the door lightly.

 

“Come in.” Nick replied shutting off the water and pulling the nearest towel around his waist.  Alyssa walked in seeing Nick walk into his bedroom for a minute and then walking back with a pair of red flannel pajama pants and a grey wife beater.  He looked over at her standing in the doorway and smiled, “Kellie drag you around Rodeo Drive?”

 

Alyssa laughed barely stifling a yawn, “Yeah that, Robertson Ave, and the mall. Thankfully she paid for it since I went broke on our last shopping spree.” He walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. “I just want to go to bed.” She answered.

 

Nick led her into her room and had her sit on her bed.  He then walked in her closet pulling out a pair of basketball shorts and a black spaghetti strap tank top for her to wear.  “Here change and I’ll put your stuff away.” He replied.

 

As soon as he was behind her she pulled off her shirt and shoes and shimmied out of her jeans.  He caught a glimpse of her matching black bra and boy-short underwear from behind and stared a moment before she unhooked her bra tossing it across the room to land on a chair.  He looked away quickly chastising himself for staring.  When she was finished she turned around and saw that he was on the last bag, from Victoria’s Secret.  She started pulling things out of the bag that included underwear and various colors of bras. She pulled out a pair of red lacy boy-short underwear and a matching bra and he stopped a second and stared.  “What?” She asked smiling at his reaction.

 

“Nothing,” he replied and sat on her bed as she gathered up her new items to be washed and tossed them in the hamper. 

 

She walked back into her bedroom and stood in front of him smiling, “Nothing my ass.” She retorted leaning down to kiss him.  His hands immediately went to her hips as he pulled her down onto him as they leaned back on her bed.  They continued to kiss as she rolled over to her side as he followed suit his hand firmly planted on her hip. 

 

She laughed under her breath at his restraint and moved her hand to the hem of his shirt and slipped her hand under as he trailed his kisses to her neck and shoulder.  She moved her hand up to his shoulder blade and as he kissed her again she pulled him on to herself as she deepened the kiss her other hand going to his neck. 

 

The hand that was at her hip began to unconsciously grip her hip trying to restrain himself from lifting up her shirt.  All this time his mind was screaming at him to stop it before it went too far.  He couldn’t help it she tasted so good and it felt so right to kiss her.  She moaned as she raked her short nails down his back when he kissed her collarbone.  It was then he pulled away before he couldn’t stop himself.  He sat up and put his head in his hands.

 

She sat behind him and put her hands on his shoulders rubbing lightly. “What’s wrong?” She asked concerned her voice low.

 

He leaned into her as she moved her arms to wrap around his chest. “I had to stop.” He answered.

 

“Why?” She asked back.

 

He sighed, “Because if I didn’t then, I don’t know if I could have stopped at all.”

 

She understood and whispered, “Well, I understand, but tomorrow night, don’t stop because you’re scared or nervous because of what this means to our friendship.  You and I will always be friends no matter what remember?”

 

He turned seeing her face full of concern, “Alyssa friends don’t do this, they don’t kiss, they don’t...”

 

“I know, relax we’re going to stay friends but just this will be added I guess.” She assured.

 

“And be what fuck buddies? I don’t think so.”

 

Alyssa laughed at his statement, “Call it what you want.  Nick you don’t seem to understand that I trust you enough to have a part of me that no one ever has had.  You’re the only one I can even think of doing this with and that's because of our friendship.  I know that you have been burned so many times, hello I was there.  But I have I ever asked you for anything?”

 

He looked her in the eye, “No.”

 

“Then I’m asking you now, let go. Let go of that voice in your head that tells you to stop.  I’m not asking to be your girlfriend, I’m asking you to just be, the good, bad, everything ok?” She answered back as he pulled her into a hug.

 

He pulled away and put her hand over his heart, “You’re amazing you know that?” He remarked as she smiled feeling his heart beat quicken.  He leaned in and gave her a kiss before getting up.

 

“Where are you going?” She asked.

 

“To bed.” He said before walking away only to be stopped by her hand on his wrist. He turned to see her sitting on the edge of her bed.

 

“Stay with me?” She asked.

 

He smiled at the look of innocence on her face, “Ok.”

 

She released his hand and smiled as he walked over to the left side of the bed, lifted up the covers and got in as she did the same shutting the nightstand light off.  She laid down facing him seeing his outline from the dim light of her stereo clock. 

 

He reached out behind her and pulled her to his chest as he settled on his back.  She draped her arm on his chest, and her leg in between his, and used his shoulder for a pillow as she quickly drifted off to sleep as he played with her fingers.