- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I wanted to thank everyone for all the awesome feedback! And this is the fun chapter it's Alyssa's birthday...lol enjoy!
Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Birthday Suit

 

RING, RING....

 

Alyssa rolled over grabbing the phone cursing under her breath as she looked at the clock, 4:53 AM knowing immediately who it was, “Hello?”

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!!!!!!!” Alyssa pulled the phone away from her head placing it down on the cradle and pressed the speaker button. Nick kissed her cheek and laughed having been awoken when she moved from his arms. 

 

After the obligatory birthday song she finally spoke, “Hi Mama and Daddy.” She said turning on the light on her nightstand.

 

“So how's it feel to be 21?” Her father asked.

 

Nick smiled as he walked towards the bathroom at her response, “I don’t know yet ask me tomorrow.”

 

“Well we’ll let you go hon. Tell Nick we say hi. We love you.”

 

“I will. Me too. Bye.” Alyssa said hanging up going into the bathroom seeing Nick rinsing his mouth from brushing his teeth. She got an idea and took off her clothes.  She took her underwear scrunched it into her palm and tossed it at Nick landing on the back of his head.  She quickly then got in the shower and started the water giggling slightly.

 

Nick reached his hand back picking up the garment looking at it.  He looked over at Alyssa one eyebrow arched.

 

“You want me, come in and get me.” She said smirking.

 

Nick thought he was hallucinating, “What?”

 

She laughed, “It’s my birthday and its not like I haven’t seen you naked before true it was only for an instant but still.” She added.

 

“Umm I think I’ll pass on the invitation for now.” His body yelling at him knowing that with an invitation like that he could throw her against the shower wall and have her if he said so.

 

She pouted, “Rain check?” She asked a little giddy.

 

He laughed at her reaction, “Tommorrow I promise.” He replied semi-limping to his bedroom closing the door and locking it.  He looked up and said to no one in particular, “You think you’re so damn funny don’t you?”

 

Later on that day...

 

The doorbell rang and Nick opened it rolling his eyes at who he saw. “Nice to see you’re up this morning.” Lori said looking him up and down noticing that he was trying to hide what Alyssa did to him and not very well at that.  He almost closed the door when he heard a voice saying ‘hey!’

 

He opened and just about died from shock, “Amanda?”

 

She walked in, “Nice to see you too.”

 

Alyssa bounded down the stairs in short jean shorts and a green tee-shirt that read “Gettin’ Lucky in Kentucky” with white flip-flops.  Nick stared at her, his eyes moving from her legs all the way up to her face framed by her long dark hair.  She grabbed her purse checking to see if her wallet and keys were in it. “Amanda!” She said excitedly running over pulling her into a hug.

 

“Wow Ali since when did you turn into a girl!” Amanda said laughing.

 

Alyssa laughed, “I’ll tell you at lunch, c’mon!”  She kissed Nick on the cheek and went out the door Amanda following shutting it behind her.

 

Lori watched the whole scene play out, “Shocked to see her?”

 

Nick looked over at Lori still shocked that Amanda would even come near him let alone fly to LA knowing she’d see him. “Yeah just...”

 

“Just what they are friends remember?” Lori said.

 

“It’s just weird seeing her again and to feel nothing when I’m around her.” Nick replied.

 

Lori smiled, “That’s good.  It means you’re over her. Which considering what’s going down tonight and all is a good thing.”

 

Nick rolled his eyes, “Can we please just go set up at the club and pick up all of her presents including one of the ones I got her.”

 

“Where are we going to put it?”

 

“Parking Lot” Nick replied as he held the door open for her.  She grabbed her bags and loaded them into his car.

 

Meanwhile...

 

“I can’t believe that you’re 21.” Amanda said astonished.

 

Alyssa laughed, “Nick’s more surprised than you are.  I didn’t think I’d be single or still a virgin on my birthday.” She said blushing a bit then taking a drink of her soda.

 

“Freaked out?” Amanda asked.

 

Alyssa sighed, “I’m more freaked out about the way he’s been making me feel lately.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well he kissed me the other day, when Tom broke up with me.”

 

Amanda’s eyes widened, “And what you’re afraid of a kiss?”

 

“No but since then I can’t stop kissing him.”

 

Amanda laughed, “God I was wondering when he would open your eyes.”

 

“What do you mean by that?” Alyssa asked confused.

 

“Anyone who has ever been around you two has seen the sexual tension between the both of you.  He’s known it for a long time.  Just needed you to see it and I think he finally got you to tap into it.” Amanda explained.

 

“Tension?”

 

“Ok, even when I was dating him the way he’d look at you. It made me so jealous because I wanted him to look at me that way.  You made him light up when he was even near you.  He never did that with me.  I never blamed you though, you had no idea that he wanted you more than me.”

 

“Is that why you two were fighting so much?”

 

“Well that and while he was mentally cheating on me I was actually cheating on him.”

 

“What made you do that?” Alyssa asked.

 

“Well the last straw was when we were together and he said your name right in the middle of...” Amanda trailed off laughing a little.

 

“He did what!?!?”Alyssa exclaimed.

 

“Yeah he did, he was obviously thinking of you and said your name and I went ballistic on him.”

 

“Holy shit that explains a lot.” Alyssa said sitting back in her chair.

 

At Concorde...

 

“A little bit lower. Perfect!” Lori shouted when she saw the streamer in the perfect position. 

 

Nick laughed at her from his position on the floor wrapping the two presents he had gotten her. “So you think she’ll like what I got her?”

 

Lori sat next to him, “She’ll kill you for spending so much on her you know that?”

 

Nick smiled, “She deserves this she’s worked so hard and deserves a break.”

 

“You do realize that she’ll never take a break, she’s going to get a job after she graduates.”

 

“I realize that but I want her to work because she wants to and not because she has to.” Nick replied.

 

“Damn you really love her huh?” Lori retorted.

 

Nick shot her a look, “Yeah, I’m completely freaked out about tonight though.’’

 

Lori laughed, “So is Alyssa.”

 

“You’re kidding right, she seems so at ease with everything.  Especially when...”

 

“When you guys kiss?” Lori finished.

 

“She told you?”

 

“Yep, and for some reason she happens to really enjoy it.” Lori remarked.

 

“She said that?”

 

Lori sat down next to him, “She did, but she doesn’t have to.  I know her better than you do which is hard to believe, but seriously look at her after you guys kiss what color are her eyes?”

 

He looked confused, “Green as usual”

 

“What shade, really light or dark like normal.”

 

He thought a moment, “Really light and bright too kind of shocked me.”

 

Lori laughed, “You know what that means right?”

 

“Umm no?” He said.

 

“Collin told me this before he died that when they’d kiss if they’d really get into it her eyes would turn a really bright light green that from far away looks blue.”

 

“And?”

 

“It means she’s turned on dumbass.” Lori retorted rolling her eyes.

 

“Oh.” He paused, “Th..that’s good to know.” He said stuttering a little.

 

Lori put her hand on his shoulder, “Trust me she wants this as much as you do, she won’t admit it but she does.”

 

Nick looked over at her his mind processing everything he heard.

 

At the restaurant...

 

“Oh my God that’s hilarious!” Alyssa managed to blurt out in between her laughter.

 

Amanda controlled her laughter, “I know I felt so bad for him I had to say yes.” Amanda finished her story of when Nick asked her out.

 

“He never told me that.  Shit that’s funny.” Alyssa said wiping her eyes.

 

“Alyssa?” A female voice said.

 

Alyssa turned not expecting to see who she saw, “Dalene, hey!” She said getting up hugging her.  “Amanda, this is Dalene Kurtis.”

 

“Yeah I think we met once at the Playboy Mansion.” Dalene said smiling.

 

“Wow, this is weird two of Nick’s exes.” Amanda said laughing a little.

 

“Dalene sit down gossip with us.” Alyssa replied sitting down.

 

“Sure.” Dalene said sitting down at the table. “So how have you been Alyssa.”

 

“21.” Amanda said smiling.

 

“Oh yeah that’s right your birthday is today huh?”

 

Alyssa smiled, “Yep, Carter, Lori, and Kellie are setting up at Concorde where the party is going to be.  You got an invitation right?”

 

Dalene smiled, “Yeah, I wasn’t going to go since Nick would be there.”

 

“Ok but he’s not mad at you for dumping him, surprisingly.” Alyssa stated trying to coax her into coming.

 

Dalene laughed, “I know.”

 

Alyssa looked confused all of a sudden, “Umm care to explain?”

 

“Bumped into him yesterday while he was shopping with one of the guys.”

 

“And?”

 

“I told him that I was sorry if I had hurt him at all and that I wanted him to be happy and that you two should hook up.”

 

Amanda smiled, “You too huh?”

 

“Yeah you have to be blind or you Alyssa to not see how much that guy loves you.” Dalene finished.

 

Alyssa thought a moment, “You know I wish he’d tell me that because I’m really getting sick of hearing from everyone around us.  I just don’t see it, he’s a great guy, he’s always been there for me when I needed someone.”

 

“And you think that isn’t love?” Amanda asked.

 

Later on that night…

 

“Guys?” Alyssa called out entering the house, taking off her shoes, receiving no response.  She walked in and went to the kitchen smiling at the note on the refrigerator:

 

Lissa,

 

Kel and Lori went to get some last minute things at the store. I’m upstairs taking a nap.  By the way happy birthday.

 

~Nick

 

She tossed out the note and went upstairs into his bedroom smiling at the sight she saw.  He was out cold, and sprawled across the bed face down his bare shoulders showing.  She walked in and crawled under the covers and just watched him.  A few minutes later he rolled to his side and opened his eyes seeing Alyssa there and smiled. “You’re back.” He said his voice hoarse from sleep. 

 

“Yep.” She replied.

 

“Have fun?” He asked.

 

“Yeah we ran into Dalene which was kind of weird having lunch with two of the only exes of yours that I got along with.” Alyssa stated scooting in closer to him as he pulled her into his arms.

 

“You’re lucky I decided not to sleep naked.” He said laughing.

 

Alyssa chuckled a bit then retorted, “Like you would have done anything, might I remind you that you could have had me early this morning.”

 

He rolled his eyes, “Don’t remind me.” He shot back as he moved to his back pulling her on top of him.

 

She looked up at him, “How did we get here?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean how did we go from a long distance friendship, to actually considering what is going to happen tonight?”

 

He smiled at her, “Maybe this is what we’re supposed to be. And everything we’ve done has led up to this.”

 

“But why now? Why not five years ago? Ten years from now?” She asked.

 

He sighed brushing a loose strand of hair out of her face. “Because five years ago you were 16 and illegal for me to even think about like that, plus I had Amanda, then you had Collin and after what happened to him I was there to help you pick up the pieces and the reason for it not happening ten years from now is because we live together and that sped up everything.”

 

“God you went all mushy on me!” Alyssa exclaimed.

 

He laughed, “Why because I want this?”

 

“Want what?” She asked smirking.

 

“You, us, this whole thing between us is a lot bigger than just a pact Alyssa.”

 

“But I wasn’t talking about having a relationship though.  I don’t want that.”

 

He looked confused, “What do you mean?”

 

“I don’t want a boyfriend period.  I want to be single for a while and date and do other stuff and not be tied down you know?”

 

He looked away, “I know.”

 

She saw the look on his face, “But that doesn’t mean that I don’t want to hang out or go through with tonight.”

 

He looked back at her and thought a moment before pulling her into a kiss.  “AHEM!” Lori cleared her throat for second time as they broke away from the kiss.  “Come on Ali, Kellie needs to do your hair and we’re leaving in an hour so you guys have to eat and get showered and dressed and make sure the guys come over or they won’t get in.”

 

Nick got up pulling on a shirt over his Nautica drawstring pants, “Why wouldn’t they get in?”

 

“Because they weren’t put on the list, Kellie forgot to so the bouncer won’t let them in. They are coming over right?”

 

“Yeah they are.” Nick replied going into the bathroom and shutting the door.

 

Lori looked over at Alyssa with a knowing smile, “You say what I think you’re going to say and I’m throwing something at you.” Alyssa retorted blushing a little. The door bell rang as they walked down the stairs. Alyssa went to answer it seeing all of the guys, including Kristin and Leighanne.

 

Kristin remarked, “Love the shirt.”

 

Alyssa looked down laughing at her “Gettin’ lucky in Kentucky” shirt.  “Come on in guys, Carter will be down in a second.” Everyone walked into the living room seeing Kellie making a last minute alteration to something short and black. 

 

“Ali come here a second.” Kellie semi-commanded.  Alyssa walked over and Kellie held up the material to Alyssa’s hips. “I am a genius!” She exclaimed.

 

Lori rolled her eyes bringing in a pitcher of water and 8 glasses.  “Don’t worry guys she always says that when she gets her measurements right.”

 

Nick came down stairs a few minutes later in a white sweater with dark polo slacks and sat down on the couch putting on his shoes. “Hey guys.” Nick said laughing as he watched Kellie dragged Alyssa up the stairs.

 

“So you ready for tonight?” Lori asked smiling brightly at Nick.

 

He glared at her in response for a moment, “It’s not everyday that my best friend turns 21 you know?” He smiled back playing off her question.

 

“So Nick she’s really nice, how’d you two meet?” Leighanne asked.

 

Nick smiled, “Leslie met her at summer camp and invited her to her birthday the next summer and I met her there and we became fast friends.”

 

Lori chuckled a bit, “Leslie is awesome and at the door.” She said looking out the window.  She opened the door smiling as Leslie walked in.

 

“Where is my birthday girl?” Leslie asked.

 

Lori hugged Leslie, “She’s upstairs, Kellie is doing her hair and makeup.”

 

Leslie cringed, “I better go save her before she looks like she belongs on the Sunset strip at 2 AM!” She said laughing before running up the stairs.

 

Upstairs…

 

Alyssa sat on the chair trying not to fidget as Kellie carefully curled her hair to perfection.  “Alyssa calm down you’re a ball of nerves today.”

 

“Considering what Nick and I are going to do tonight I think I can be sufficiently nervous.” Alyssa shot back as she looked in the mirror.  “God I’m scared.” She remarked.

 

”Of what? Nick? Ali I’ll be honest with you it’s going to hurt but I know him he won’t let it hurt for long.”

 

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Not nervous about that.” She stated.

 

“Then what?” Kellie asked concerned.

 

Alyssa sighed, “I’m afraid of what this is going to do to us.  If we’re lovers or friends with benefits, or whatever.”

 

“What do you want to be with him?”

 

“I don’t know.  If you would have asked me last October I would have told you to pick out a china pattern for the wedding but I moved on when he started dating Paris.” Alyssa replied sighing.

 

“And what does he think?”

 

“Well the way he was talking earlier he was going on and on about how much he wants this for us and wants to be more than just friends with benefits.”

 

“So?”

 

“I think he wants me to be his girlfriend but I don’t want a commitment right now.” Alyssa answered as Lori and Leslie walked in the room.

 

“Wow, Ali you look killer.” Leslie said beaming.

 

Alyssa turned a bit to see Leslie in her light blue cocktail dress, “So do you chica.” She replied with a smile.

 

Meanwhile…

 

“So what’s the significance of being 21, besides being able to drink legally?” Kristin asked.

 

Nick sighed, “Because she’s lucky to be alive.  She had a really dark time in her life a little over 3 years ago and I promised her that we’d celebrate if she made it to her 21st.” Nick said embellishing the part about celebrating.

 

“What happened.”

 

“My dad was diagnosed with cancer, and Collin my boyfriend at the time died in a car accident.” Alyssa said walking in the room her hair done but still in her t-shirt and shorts.

 

“Wow.” Kevin said.

 

“Yeah Nick was the one who pulled me out of it.  Especially after I had to spend the night in the hospital.”

 

“Why did you have to spend the night in the hospital? Your dad?” Leighanne asked concerned.

 

Alyssa glanced at Nick for reassurance and was met with him staring at her encouraging her to get it over with, “No, because I had to have my stomach pumped and I lost a lot of blood.” She said lowly.  “Nick saved me from myself.  See this scar?” She asked holding out her wrist.  “I did that to myself and swallowed a bunch of Tylenol.  I was seriously screwed up back then.”

 

“So did you have to go to counseling or something?”

 

“They recommended it but I didn’t need someone to shrink me.  I just needed someone to listen and that’s what he did.” Alyssa replied smiling at Nick letting him know that she was ok with talking about what happened.  “Anyways I better go get dressed.” Alyssa said before running up the stairs.

 

Everyone looked at Nick shocked that he’d take responsibility like that for someone.  “I think I underestimated you.” Kevin said smiling a little. 

 

“You must really care about her to help her through all of that.” Kristin added.

 

Nick smiled, “Yeah I do, I’ll be right back guys.” Nick replied walking up the stairs seeing Lori, “Where’s Alyssa?”

 

“Bathroom changing.” Lori said bounding down the stairs all made up and ready to go.

 

Nick walked into his bedroom and knocked on the bathroom door, “Come in.” He heard her say.  He walked in seeing her trying to tighten up the strings to a black corset with straps.  He stood and stared as he looked at her in a short black skirt hair over her shoulder desperately trying to tie the corset in place.  He smiled walked over locking both bathroom doors.  He walked over to her taking the strings in his hands and pulled a bit until she told him to stop and tied it into a bow tightly enough so it wouldn’t come undone on her.  He then kissed the top of her head as she turned around in his arms.  She leaned up and kissed him as he pulled her closer both of them sighing as their lips met.  They broke away a minute later.

 

“Fuck, you look hot.” He said his voice low and raspy.

 

She blushed and leaned up again to kiss him only to pull away breathlessly moments later, “Stop me.”

 

“What?” He asked.

 

“Stop me because lord knows I can’t stop myself.” She stated pulling him in for another kiss.

 

He pulled away this time their foreheads touching, “I’ll stop you just this once, but when we get back tonight I won’t ok?”

 

She smiled, “Ok.” She answered back as he walked out to his bedroom and down the stairs.

 

About ten minutes later Alyssa came walking down the stairs in her black corset, black skirt ensemble that made AJ and Howie give her cat calls.  She laughed and grabbed her id putting it in her small bag for the evening.  Kellie walked down a minute later her hair pulled up in a pony tail wearing a leather skirt and a sparkling top.  They all packed up and headed to the club which wasn’t far from the house. They arrived about twenty minutes later Alyssa showing off her ID to get in as the guys followed her to the VIP section that was adjacent to the dance floor. 

 

Alyssa squealed when she saw who was sitting at the booth already.  Clark and Olivia her siblings.  They stood and gathered their baby sister in a big hug. “Happy birthday munchkin!” Her brother exclaimed as she punched him on the arm for the name. 

 

Alyssa turned around, “Guys these are my older siblings Olivia and Clark.”

 

“Hey Nick, my sister been behaving herself?” Clark asked.

 

Nick laughed, “Never.”

 

“Hey!”

 

“What on earth are you wearing?” Olivia remarked looking at Alyssa’s outfit. “Girlie you better be careful don’t tease a guy wearing that.  That’s just asking for trouble.”

 

A short blonde came walking over, “Damn Ali didn’t I tell you that you should become a porn star.”

 

Ali swung around, “Jenna!” She exclaimed pulling her into a hug.

 

The guys instantly recognized her, “Is that?” AJ asked.

 

“Jenna Jameson, yeah she lives next door to Alyssa’s parents and her and Alyssa are really close.” Nick finished.

 

“Nick!” Jenna exclaimed pulling him into a hug as the guys laughed.

 

“Jenna, it’s nice to see you again.”

 

Jenna smiled, “You’ve been treating my girl well?” She asked.

 

“You know it.” He replied as Lori brought over a tray of full shot glasses, lime wedges and a few salt shakers.

 

“Alyssa you and me lunch on Monday?” Jenna commanded more than asked.

 

“Most definitely.” Alyssa replied.

 

Lori set it down handed AJ and Kellie each a glass of soda and everyone else a shot glass saying, “Alyssa here’s to your first official drink as a legal 21 year old!” Lori exclaimed before licking the salt off her wrist, downing the shot, then eating a lime wedge with everyone else.

 

Later on…

 

“I’m going to go grab some water at the bar ok?” Alyssa said over the music.

 

Nick nodded as he saw Amanda headed over to the booth.  “Hey guys, Nick.” She said. “So exactly when are you going to tell her?” Amanda asked smiling.

 

“Tell her what?” Leighanne asked.

 

Amanda laughed, “I want him to admit to her that he’s in love with her and don’t argue you know you are.” She replied.

 

All of the guys looked at him not in the least bit shocked.  “What? Alright, yes I’m in love with her ok?  Happy now?” He retorted.

 

“Prove it.”

 

“What?” He asked.

 

“You see her over there? Go over there and kiss her.” Amanda said trying to see what Alyssa’s reaction would be if he went through with it.

 

“You’re kidding right?”

 

“Nope.”

 

Nick rolled his eyes, “Fine but if she laughs its your fault.” Nick replied getting up walking over to Alyssa who was on her way back to the table.

 

“Hey what’s up?” She asked. 

 

“Don’t ask but just go with it ok?”

 

“What are you…” He interrupted her, pulling her into a kiss.  A minute later he pulled away.  “What was that about?” Alyssa asked smirking.

 

“Blame Amanda she dared me to.” Nick replied as they headed over to the table.

 

Alyssa saw Amanda’s amused expression, “Happy now?” She asked.

 

“Actually yeah I am.”

 

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “God you do know that he and I are completely comfortable kissing each other.  What did you expect me to freak out or something?” Alyssa retorted.

 

All of the guys sat shocked, “What?” Nick asked.

 

“Wait a second you two are ok with kissing each other?” AJ asked quite confused.

 

Alyssa and Nick looked at each other and then back at everyone, “Yeah” they said in unison.

 

Lori laughed at them, “And yet they won’t go out with each other.” She remarked smiling at both of them.

 

Alyssa’s ears perked up when she heard one of her favorite songs.  She turned to Nick and smiled, “No.” He said bluntly.  She smiled bigger, “I know what you’re thinking and there is no way.” He replied.

 

She laughed and grabbed his arm, “Don’t make me drag you out there.” She said laughing as Aaron walked up. Alyssa got an idea then, “Well if you won’t dance with me, I’ll just take Aaron then.” She said letting go of his arm and walking off with Aaron who turned around and made a face at Nick.

 

The guys laughed, “Let me guess Aaron has a crush on her?” Kristin asked.

 

“Yep ever since he discovered that girls don’t have cooties.” Lori remarked getting up.  “Come on Blondie lets go.” Lori said dragging him out onto the dance floor heading to the middle where Alyssa was with Aaron.

 

“So exactly when are you going to give me the time of day?” Aaron asked.

 

Alyssa laughed at him, “You’re illegal for me to date and you’re like my little brother.”

 

“I’m almost 17 and I’m not little I’m almost as tall as Nick.” Aaron shot back.

 

“And I’m 21.” Alyssa retorted.

 

Lori walked over to them, “You don’t mind if I steal him right?” She asked Alyssa.

 

“Go right ahead.” Alyssa responded letting go of Aaron who was soon whisked off by Lori.  Alyssa went to leave the floor when she felt arms slip around her waist. She looked behind her seeing Nick there.  “Glad you decided to save me.” Alyssa remarked turning around.

 

“Well you know I don’t like you flirting with my brother.” Nick replied.

 

“Jealous?” She asked.

 

“No just protective is all.”

 

“More like territorial.” Alyssa shot back.  “Besides its you who I made the pact with not Aaron remember.”

 

Nick rolled his eyes, “Yeah I know”

 

Meanwhile…

 

“Now see that’s a match made in heaven.” Lori remarked as Aaron and her watched Alyssa and Nick.

 

“What?” Aaron scoffed.

 

“Face it kiddo those two belong together. Besides do you really think you stand a chance against him?” Lori asked.

 

Aaron watched them intently, “She doesn’t like him and he dates blondes.” He replied.

 

“She does like him and won’t admit it, and the only reason he dates blondes is because they aren’t her.”

 

Later on…

 

“Ok open mine first!” Kellie exclaimed.

 

Alyssa laughed and took the envelope from her having already opened all the other guests presents except for her closest friends. Half the partygoers already left leaving the guys, Leslie and Aaron, Lori, Kellie, Clark and Olivia. She opened it seeing a card, she read it and then opened it, seeing a Victoria’s Secret gift certificate and piece of paper that said ‘This paper entitles you to any of my (Kellie Jackson) designs for free.’  “Aw Kel this is awesome!” She said pulling her into a hug.

 

“What is it?” Lori asked.

 

“An IOU saying that I can get any of her designs for free once she hits it big!” Alyssa said.

 

“Whatever I can do to get her to wear a dress I will do!” Kellie laughed.

 

“Ok mine next!” Leslie added.

 

Alyssa took the present and opened it seeing a charm bracelet that had all different charms on it. “Leslie this is beautiful thank you!”

 

Olivia handed Alyssa a large box, “This is from Clark, Angela, and myself.”

 

Alyssa tore open the bright paper seeing a teddy bear with a party dress on she read the little birth certificate aloud, “This is Munchkin” Alyssa rolled her eyes at her nickname.  “This bear is adorable, I love it.” Alyssa replied smiling.

 

“Ok we all had absolutely no idea what to get you Ali, but we thought that you might like this.  It’s from all of us.” Kevin said smiling handing her an envelope.

 

“You guys didn’t have to get me anything!” She said opening it and read the card to herself, ‘We don’t know you very well yet but we know that you make Nick happy so enjoy this after you graduate!’  She opened the card seeing two roundtrip plane tickets to Australia.  “OH MY GOD! Thank you so much I’ve always wanted to go to Australia!” She exclaimed.

 

“You’re welcome we all thought that maybe you could go on vacation for New Years or just after graduation for a while.” Kristin replied.

 

“Thank you so much this is awesome.”

 

Nick smiled a little and handed her the first of two small boxes, “I got you two presents this year.”

 

Alyssa laughed at him, “You of all people do not need to get me anything!” She smiled taking the little box from him.  She opened it and gasped.  “You are in big trouble mister.” She replied shocked.

 

“What is it?” Everyone asked.

 

She laughed and held it up for everyone to see, “An American Express Centurion card.”

 

Everyone looked over at him, “The black am-ex! Don’t you have to spend 100,000 dollars a year to get one?” AJ asked.

 

“I added her to mine.”

 

“Nickolas Gene Carter I told you that I don’t want your money.” Alyssa replied.

 

“For emergencies then.” Nick shot back.  “Besides I trust you. Anyways if you’re mad at me now wait until you see your second present.” He answered her handing her the second box.  She glared at him as she opened the box seeing a set of keys.  She looked at him suspiciously, “Go outside.” He semi-commanded.  She got up and practically ran outside followed by everyone.  “Ok press the lock button.”

 

She did seeing the lights of a midnight blue Audi hard top convertible light up. “Oh my god.” She walked over to it not believing that it was real.  “You’re kidding right.”

 

“Nope it’s yours, think of it as a graduation and birthday present.  Look under the hood.” He said smiling.

 

She reached under and popped it open, seeing the Audi engine with one minor modification, “You made it a HYBRID!” She exclaimed.

 

“Yep I had it customized since you’re very environmentally conscious that and it’ll save you a bunch on gas.”

 

“You are the best thank you thank you!” Alyssa said giving him a hug.

 

Lori laughed at them, “He out does everyone every year when it comes to her birthday.” She remarked to the guys.

 

“You’re kidding right?” Brian replied

 

“Nope, last year he took all of us to Cabo San Lucas for her birthday, and for her 18th he gave her that necklace she’s wearing.” Lori added pointing at the drop pendant that had a two-carat diamond on its end.

 

“Its funny he acts as if…” AJ trailed off.

 

“Like she was his girlfriend?” Kellie finished.

 

“Yeah I swear they are eventually going to marry each other.” Olivia added.

 

AJ laughed, “Why do you say that?” He asked.

 

Olivia looked at him, “Look at them, everyone who has ever been around them can see that they’d make a perfect couple.  That’s why everyone one that they date usually either dumps them or gets dumped for trying to break up their friendship.” Olivia explained.

 

“Ok you guys I think we’re going to take off.” Nick announced as Alyssa yawned a little.

 

“I’ll take you guys home. AJ you want to take Alyssa’s car?” Kellie asked.

 

“Yeah considering we’re the only sober ones who didn’t drive here.” He said smiling a bit walking over as Alyssa handed him her key.

 

Alyssa went over and gave everyone a hug and said “Thanks guys for coming!”

 

Lori packed up the presents in Nick’s trunk before getting in the passenger’s seat as Alyssa and Nick climbed in the back.

 

As they drove away Alyssa watched out the window watching as it began to rain.  “I guess we left at the right time huh?” Nick asked playing with her fingers and received no response.  He glanced up to the front seeing Kellie and Lori arguing over the radio.  He tugged on her hand so she turned to look at him, “Where are you?” He asked.

 

“Right here.” She answered.

 

“Physically, yes, but mentally you’re not here, where are you?” Nick asked quietly.

 

She smiled at him knowing her too well, “Just thinking that’s all.” She stated.

 

“About?”

 

“Everything.” She answered back as the car pulled into the driveway.  They got out and ran up to the house the slight drizzle had turned into a downpour.  Lori and Kellie got in Kellie’s car and waved to them waiting until they made it inside.  AJ left in his car moments later. 

 

“Wait here a minute, then come up ok?” Nick asked as he ran up the stairs trying to clean up as much as possible.  Alyssa went into the kitchen grabbing a glass of water nearly chugging it down.  She looked down at her hands noticing that they were shaking; she was nervous, and cold. 

 

She walked up the stairs gradually stopping at her room seeing it empty, she walked to his room seeing him picking up clothes and smiled, “You don’t have to clean for me I do live here.” She remarked admiring the view.

 

He turned around and walked over to her and pulled her into a kiss.  “Yeah but nothing kills the mood quicker than tripping over jeans.”

 

She smiled and leaned up pulling him back into a kiss.  He pulled her closer into the room and began to walk backwards to his bed.  He reached around behind her and started to untie her corset with no luck.  They broke away and she turned around and swept her hair over her shoulder so he could see what he was untying.  He kissed her shoulder and loosened up the top.  Just before he fully untied it she turned back around and smiled at him. 

 

“I’ll be right back.” She stated walking towards the bathroom.  She walked in and closed the door immediately shimmying out of her clothes grabbing the first thing she saw, one of Nick’s long sleeve button down shirts.  She put it on leave the top two and bottom two buttons undone.  She wiped off her dark eyeliner and makeup then took a look at herself in the mirror.  She played with her hair a minute getting it to lay just right; she loved it when her hair curled like that.  She smiled at herself mentally giving herself a pep talk. 

 

Meanwhile Nick took off his shoes and socks and sat nervously wondering what he was going to do, what he’d say, what she was doing.  His thoughts were interrupted when the bathroom door opened. He looked her up and down and smiled a little seeing her in his white shirt.  She walked over to him as he stood up and she looked at the floor.  “Nervous?” He asked.

 

“Just a little.” She lied.  He could see it but let it slide for the moment when she pulled him into a deep kiss her hands sliding under his sweater taking it with her as her hands moved it up and over his head.  He took it and tossed it across the room pulling her back into the kiss as he turned her back to the bed.  As they kissed her hand went to his belt and zipper undoing his jeans letting them fall to the floor as he kicked them to the side and picked her up and placed them both on the bed still kissing as his hand began to move up from its spot on her bent knee.  He continued to slide his hand upwards until he reached for her underwear finding none his broke the kiss and gave her a quizzical look.  “I figured it was going to come off anyways.” She replied smiling weakly. 

 

He smiled back and leaned down to kiss her as he gently touched her.  She moaned into the kiss as his fingers slipped inside, gasping for breath as he moved his kisses down her neck to her collarbone. 

 

He continued his assault on her senses as he moved his fingers faster and trailed his kisses up to her ear finding her pulse point just below her ear.  She threw her head back shuddering lightly sighing his name as her release took over her body.  He removed his hand slowly and looked up at her seeing her face flushed and vigorously trying to catch her breath. 

 

She opened her eyes to meet his and she smiled a little reassuring him that she was ok.  He kissed her and began to unbutton the shirt she wore she sat up to discard it.  She all of a sudden felt extremely self-conscious and moved her arms to cover herself. 

 

He moved her arms and whispered in her ear, “Relax, you’re beautiful.” Then kissed her passionately. She relaxed in his arms as they kissed, one hand on his shoulder and the other in his hair as he trailed one hand down her body coming to rest on her bare hip.  He slowly moved his kisses down her throat and to her chest relishing in every curve. 

 

She giggled when he kissed his way down her stomach, having always been ticklish there.  She moaned a lot louder than she expected to when she felt his tongue come into contact with her.  He looked up a second to see if she was all right and she smiled.  Her smile turned into a moan as he began to dart his tongue inside her.  She couldn’t breathe.  She realized then that it wasn’t lack of air that in fact it was him.  Everything he did made her feel this way.  He stopped when he felt her body begin to shake slightly, moving up her body until he looked down into her eyes and smiled.

 

She looked up at him and sighed, “That was intense.” She remarked.

 

He brushed her hair off her face and kissed her forehead. “We can stop now if you aren’t ready yet.  This doesn’t have to happen.” Nick said allowing her a way out if she got too nervous.

 

She shook her head, “I’m as ready as I’m ever going to be.” She replied as she leaned up to kiss him.  She placed her hands on his shoulders and pushed him onto his back.  He gave her a look as she began to kiss down his chest.  He stopped her when she reached the waistband of his boxers making her look up at him.  “What’s wrong?” She asked.

 

He flipped them over and replied, “Tonight is for you, not me ok?” She nodded and He kissed the tip of her nose and then sat up discarding his boxers.  Before he could do anything else she pulled him back down.  “Wait.” He said.

 

“Relax I’ve been on the pill for three months.” Alyssa replied pulling him on top of her as they kissed.  He gasped as her hand wound around him moving slowly.  He broke the kiss and looked at her beneath him, her eyes brighter than ever.  He moved her hands to wrap around his neck and took her thigh and wrapped it around his waist.  He slowly slipped inside her stopping before he was completely in.  He looked at her; her eyes closed anticipating the initial pain. 

 

Not wanting to wait any longer he kissed her deeply before filling her until their hips touched, her scream muffled by the kiss.  They laid still allowing her to grow accustomed to the new sensations she felt.  She broke the kiss gasping for air, again she couldn’t breathe. 

 

He sensed that something was wrong, and asked. “Are you ok?” His voice filled with concern.

 

She opened her eyes seeing something written in his that she was sure that she’d never seen before.  “Not quite used to this yet.” She replied.

 

“Just tell me when you’re ready ok?” She laughed a little at him and he groaned,  “Don’t do that.”

 

“Why?” She asked.

 

“Because I felt that.” He responded nearly on the edge.  She laughed even harder at him.  “Oh God.” He moaned then kissed her to shut her up.

 

She smiled as they broke the kiss, “I’m ok.” She said moving her hands to his shoulder blades.  He kissed her sliding his arms under her shoulders holding her close as he began to glide in and out of her.  He loved the sounds she was making growing a little louder each time he’d thrust back into her. 

 

She couldn’t believe how good it felt, it was all too much to bear as his name fell from her lips.  She felt a rush of adrenaline surge through her every time their hips met causing their temperatures to rise even higher.  He was shocked when she lifted up her hips to meet his causing a low growl to come from deep in his throat.  “Lissa” he said over and over as they moved faster pushing them both closer and closer to the edge.

 

“Nick, I…” Alyssa managed to say before her body shook as her orgasm swept over her.  He had no choice but to follow moaning loudly as he buried his head into her shoulder.  He still moved inside her slowing down easing them both off their high.  He looked up catching her eyes as the both breathed heavily.  He kissed her deeply both of them groaning as he pulled out of her moving to lay next to her. 

 

She moved up closer pulling the sheets up around them, her leg in between his, using his shoulder for a pillow as they both regained normal breathing.  Her mind was a whirlwind; she laid there thinking about what happened. 

 

She finally spoke twenty minutes later, “I feel different, do you? No wait you’ve done this before...” She trailed off.

 

“I know what you mean.” He replied.

 

“You do?” She asked raising her head to look at him.

 

He sighed, “Everything’s different now, not just with us.”

 

“What do you mean exactly?” She questioned.

 

“I guess what I’m trying to say is that I love you Ali.”

 

She sat up, her hand holding the sheet to her chest, “What did you just say?” She asked looking at him.

 

He sat up taking her other hand and answered, “I love you Alyssa.”