- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another update all ready? Yep that's right! Enjoy!
Chapter Five

Chapter Five: Long Weekend

Nick woke up the fresh smell of coffee wafting from the kitchen. He looked next to himself and smiled seeing rumpled bed sheets knowing that she’d be down stairs making breakfast. He threw on a pair of pajama pants and a white tee-shirt and walked downstairs. His smile grew even wider when he saw her in the kitchen back turned to him wearing basketball shorts and a beat up Phoenix Suns tee-shirt. Her hair up in her usual messy bun showing her one and only tattoo, of the Japanese symbol for Libra, on her neck. He snuck up behind her slipping his arms around her waist while leaning down to kiss her neck.

She jumped whirling around a whisk full of pancake batter in her hand the excess flying onto his shirt. “Lissa I really think you should switch to decaf.” Nick remarked taking off his shirt walking into the laundry room grabbing wife beater fresh from the dryer.

“Damnit Nick you scared me!” Alyssa exclaimed her eyes following his every move. He walked back catching her stare and smirked making her turn back to her cooking.

He moved to the other side of the island countertop stove so that they faced each other. “We need to talk.’’ He stated his eyes fixated on her hands wishing that they were on him as she toyed with the spatula.

“What about?” She asked playing dumb, she knew exactly what he was talking about.

He rolled his eyes at her attempt to brush it off. “You know what about.” He paused as she looked up meeting his eyes. “What happened last night it was amazing and what I said…”

“Nick, you don’t need to explain.” She interrupted.

He sighed, “I don’t?” He asked.

“We slept together and you felt that you had to say something and that’s ok.” She explained.

Nick got a shocked expression on his face and moved over to her turning off the burner so that she wouldn't burn the food. She looked up at him as he put his hands on her shoulders. “Is that what you think is the reason I said what I said?”

She looked away from him, “Why else?”

“Maybe because I have been wanting to say that I love you for a long time now.” He finished.

Her eyes grew wide, “How long?”

“I realized that I loved you back in 2001.”

She glared at him, “Why are you only telling me now?” She asked turning back to the pancakes, turning the burner back on.

He rolled his eyes, “Because it freaked me out, that I could feel this way about you. That and you had just gotten out of a really difficult time in your life that’s what made me realize that I love you.”

“Stop saying that.” She shot back as she dished up the pancakes handing him a plate.

“Why? I mean it. Why can’t I say it?” He asked. She put her plate down and looked at him seeing him completely different than she had before almost vulnerable to what she could say. “It’s not like I’m asking you to say it back, I’d like that but that’s not why I’m saying it.”

“Then why are you?” She asked back.

He sighed, “Because I promised to myself that I’d tell you after the pact ran out whether or not we did anything.”

She went and sat down at the table eating her breakfast, a second later he joined her. “So how did you come to this realization?” She asked after taking a rather large gulp of orange juice.

He put his fork down and replied, “That night you spent in the hospital.”

“And?” She prodded as she got up taking her dish to the kitchen washing it off.

He smiled at her watching her walk out of the room. He got up and followed her into the kitchen. He pulled her to him holding her close. “And I want us to at least try to be together.” He answered.

She looked up at him, he tried to read her expression seeing apprehension in her eyes. “I don’t know Nick we’ve been friends for so long now. I wouldn’t know what to do.” She explained.

He smiled at her, “It’d be just like we are now, we’re still friends right?”

“I don’t know what the hell we are anymore, like you said friends don’t get this close.”

“I know but what do you think? What do you want us to be, it’s your call here not mine.” He stated.

She thought a moment, “You know if you would have said that you love me a year ago I would have said it back without hesitating.”

Now it was his turn to be shocked, “What changed?” He asked.

“You dated her, so I moved on.” She answered pointing to the name on his wrist.

“You can’t just stop loving someone out of the blue.” He reasoned as she rolled her eyes. He changed his tone knowing that she never responded well to being scolded or told what to do, “What feelings do you have for me?” He asked hoping she’d say something.

She looked up meeting his eyes, “Honestly, after last night I don’t know.” She stated.

He thought a moment. “Ok, let me ask you this, have you ever pictured us as more than friends?” He asked thinking he’d get a better answer.

She smiled, “I used to. I used to think that secretly you cared about me and that was why you kept me around to be a buffer when you got hurt. But I stopped doing that when I began to cut.” She explained. She breathed a moment, “I know that I care about you, I wouldn’t be friends with you if I didn’t. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I don’t know how deep that goes.” She finished.

His eyes filled with hope as he looked at her seeing the woman that invaded his entire being. “So would you be willing to give us a shot?” He asked.

She looked at him thinking everything over, “Nick this is a huge decision and it needs careful consideration. You and the guys are going to Asia on Wednesday for two weeks how about I tell you my decision when you get back?” She said offering a compromise as she walked up the stairs him following right behind her.

“So you’ll think about it?” He asked flopping down on her bed as she walked around the room picking up books moving them to her desk.

She smiled, “Yes I will think about it. However you can’t push, I know you, and you want an answer but you have to give me time to think about it.” She shot back as she came back to sit next to him on her bed.

He chuckled a little at her knowing him so well. “I still get to kiss you right?” He coaxed.

She rolled her eyes at him, “You can do whatever you want to try and convince me to say yes but you can’t talk about it.” She stated.

“What can’t I say?” He asked.

“First of all you can’t ask me if I made a decision yet, when I have you’ll know. Secondly no round-about way of trying to get information from me, and lastly don’t tell me why you think we’d be good together.” She explained.

“So basically don’t talk about it period? Can I at least tell you that I love you?” He asked.

She smiled and laughed a little, “Yes, you can but don’t expect anything back, at least until I figure this out.” She finished as he took her hand in his playing her fingers.

He looked up at her taking his other hand pulling out her bun so her hair fell past her shoulders still holding some of the curl from the night before. “You should wear your hair down more often.” He stated changing the subject.

She smiled a little, “And why is that?” she said inching closer to him.

He smirked at her and replied moving closer as well, “Because it’s sexy as hell.” He put his hand at the back of her neck and pulled her into a steamy kiss. Her hand wove into his hair as he pulled her on top of him as he laid on his back. His hands went under her shirt running up and down her back kneading the soft skin. Her other hand moved slowly down his chest, down his stomach to the drawstring on his black pajama pants.

She untied it slowly and then slipped her hand underneath the waistband expecting to feel boxers but only felt skin as she moved her hand over him. He deepened the kiss moaning into it, then whimpering when she moved her hand away.

She broke the kiss and sat up motioning for him to do the same. When he did she slipped her hands under his shirt pulling it up and off of him as he smiled at her. She pushed him back down moving up to straddle his waist as she pulled him into a kiss that left them both breathless.

She trailed her kisses down his jaw line and to his throat nipping and sucking at his Adam's apple as he groaned loving every minute of it. She moved her mouth to his collarbone finding his weak spot that she normally used to tickle him. She smiled when he moaned louder than he expected to.

She continued to move lower stopping at his chest stopping looking up at him. “Did I ever tell how extremely hot these are?” She asked referring to his nipple rings.

“No you didn’t.” He managed to croak out. He sucked in a breath when she tugged on each of them gently then licked and sucked her way down his stomach. He stopped her as she began to tug at his pants. She looked up at him her eyes asking if she’d done something wrong. “You don’t have to do that.” He said trying assure her that she didn’t have to do anything she wasn’t comfortable with.

Her answer shocked him, “But I want to.” She shot back a devilish smile playing her her face.

“Ok.” He said as his body relaxed a bit. He definitely wasn’t going to stop her if she was ok with it.

She smiled knowing he was concerned about forcing her into something that she wasn’t ready for. “Lift up your hips for a second.” She commanded as he complied and she pulled his pajama pants down far enough to where he could kick them off. She stared at him a moment before taking him in her hand as she kissed his inner thighs. She looked up watching him as she moved her hand on him, his eyes closed, his hands grabbing the sheets. She moved her hand away from him and his body relaxed.

Then she took his hands lacing their fingers together and placing them above his head. “Keep these up here.” She stated firmly.

He opened his eyes seeing her still fully clothed. She smiled at him and moved back down his body stopping to plant feathery light kisses around his navel. Without warning she took him fully into her mouth as his entire body tensed up as he moaned rather loudly. He moved his hands to the headboard gripping it so tight that his knuckles were white. She moved her mouth on him changing from slow to fast and back again as his breathing became even more erratic than before she couldn’t help but laugh a little, the vibration made coupled with her mouth on him made him start to shake a little.

She felt that he was close and raked her short nails down his thighs as he came. She cleaned him up then removed her mouth from him and kissed her way back up his body. She stopped when she was eye to eye with him. She leaned in to kiss him slowly his hands loosened on the headboard and moved to cup her face as they kissed passionately. She broke the kiss and moved off of him taking off her shorts and underwear tossing her shirt to floor as well. She moved back to straddle him.

“Nick you may want to open your eyes for this.” She said smiling. He opened his eyes just in time to see her sink onto him as they both moaned.

She stayed still as they stared at each other her hands on his chest. “Why’d you stop?” He asked looking at her.

She lowered herself so that their lips were inches apart. “Remember how I said that I wanted you to teach me? Tell me or show me what to do.” She said smiling as his eyes grew wide. She kissed him as his hands immediately went to her hips moving them as she broke the kiss to throw her head back her hair flying everywhere. He moved her hips up and down bringing her down harder each time causing them both to cry out. She pulled him up to her as she met his eyes.

“Move like this.” He commanded moving her hips up, forward, then down and back making a figure eight. She moaned loudly as his hands slid up her back. She dug her hands into his shoulders for balance as she did what he had demonstrated coming down harder each time. His mouth latched on to the hollow of her throat as he moved his hips up to meet hers both groaning at the friction.

She pulled him closer to her body as she whispered, “Nickolas” in his ear.

He pulled back so he could look at her, “Say that again.” He said.

“What?” She asked looking at him.

“My name the way you said it, say it again.” He replied his voice low as she moved on him.

She smiled. “Nickolas.” She sighed pulling him closer again as he groaned. He held her to him and rolled them over so he was on top. Their breaths became shorter as they quickened their pace a light sheen of perspiration broke out on their skin. Alyssa held him to her as their moans became louder. A few minutes later they both cried out as they came in each others arms.

Nick looked up at her a minute later both of them still breathing heavily. She opened her eyes to look at him. He smiled at her brushing away the hair that was matted against her forehead. “Lissa.”

She smiled and sighed a little, “Mmm?”

“That was…”

“Incredible.” She added making him raise his eyebrows. “What?”

“Just never thought you’d be this open about it.”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know. It’s just that normally with someone with as little experience as you I guess…”

She rolled her eyes at him, “Just because this is what the third time I done this doesn’t mean I don’t know what feels good.” She explained.

“True, I think I am just amazed at how much you know already.”

She laughed at him, “I understand that but I have Lori and Jenna remember?” She asked.

“I know I guess I had always thought that only your mind was perverted not everything else.”

“Like I’m all talk or something?”

“There is a difference between saying it and then actually doing it you know.” He explained.

She smiled at him pulling his head down for a kiss, “I understand that but seriously I’m beginning to love this about us.”

“God I created a monster.” He retorted.

“Yeah a sex monster.” She shot back causing them both to bust out laughing.

That night...

Nick sighed as they sat and watched the movie. He looked to the floor seeing Alyssa stretched out on her stomach feet in the air. His eyes moved up her legs seeing her in her boy-short underwear staring at her backside.

Unbeknownst to him she smiled feeling his eyes on her knowing exactly what he was staring at. Without turning around she said, “You know if you keep staring at my ass like that you might just burn a hole through me.” She turned to her side seeing him blush a little and laughed getting up from her position on the floor walking over to him relaxing on the couch. She sat on him straddling his waist yet giving him enough room to get a good look at her smiling when his hands came to rest on her hips. “What are you thinking about? You seem so deep in thought.” She remarked.

“Just mentally reliving the past 24 hours.” He replied groaning as she scooted closer to where they were right against each other. She giggled and moved to kiss his collarbone as he moaned at her touch. “You have no idea what you do to me do you?” He asked.

She laughed and replied grinding her hips into his, “I think I got the thrust of it.”

He busted out laughing, “Damn woman 24 hours ago you were all innocent virgin and now you’re...”

“Horny....” She paused as he gave her a dirty look, “What it’s your fault.”

“My fault?” He said feigning shock.

“Yes, you’re the one that brought this out of me, my wild side.”

He kissed her shoulder, “If I knew you’d be this wild I would have had you a long time ago.”

“I didn’t even know I had this in me. I thought I wanted it to be all romance 24/7 but now it’s different.”

He looked at her strangely, “Are you saying you don’t like romance?”

“No I love it and it’s amazing but I guess I like being spontaneous and crazy too. Ok I have a few questions for you.” She stated.

“Like what?”

“Favorite position?” She asked as he gave her a shocked look. “Answer the question.”

“It used to be me on top but now I’m torn between the shower and this.” He said referring their current position.

“Really?”

“Yes, what about you?”

She looked around thinking a moment, “Well so far I’m loving the shower, that was just...” She said trailing off.

“Unbelievable?” He offered.

“Damn straight.” She answered back moving closer to him pulling him into a searing kiss. A second later she pulled away getting up quickly.

He stared at her, “What are you doing?”

“Going to raid your porn stash, what does it look like I’m doing?” She said grinning.

“Like you know where it is.” He said standing up grabbing at her.

She giggled and went to the stairs and smirked, “The dresser in your closet, bottom drawer.” She shot back before running up the stairs.

His eyes got wide as he ran up the stairs after her seeing his closet door open and empty. He looked around stopping on his bed seeing Alyssa sitting up straight Indian style on his bed as he laughed. “How in the hell do you know that?” He said joining her in the middle of his bed.

“One time while you were gone, I was cleaning out your closet and putting laundry away when I opened the drawer and saw it and might I say that’s quite a collection you’ve got going there, Jenna would be proud.” Alyssa explained as Nick turned red. “Hey relax I actually think that its pretty healthy for a guy to have a porn stash.”

“Why?”

“Well instead of going out and sleeping with some random chick who has been God knows where, it’s healthier to stay home. That and Lori was telling me that if you ever want kids to do that because it promotes healthy sperm production.” She explained.

“Geez you went all after school special on me.” He said laughing.

She smiled, “Anyways it’s kind of hot.”

“What?” He asked surprised again.

Alyssa rolled her eyes at him, “Oh come on like you’ve never thought of me touching myself?” She asked one eyebrow arched grinning.

“Ok a woman getting herself off is hot but a guy?” Nick said as he cringed.

“That’s only because you’re a straight guy. Being a straight girl is a whole different thing.” Alyssa answered back pulling him down onto her as she laid back.

“Smart ass.” He shot back.

“You love my smart ass.” Alyssa retorted giggling as he leaned down to kiss her.

The next morning...

Alyssa slowly stirred in her sleep opening her eyes slightly seeing a tattoo right next to her face. She raised her head smiling seeing that Nick was still asleep. All of a sudden she got a wicked idea and got up put on his shirt that was on top of the lampshade laughing at how it got there and grabbed a glass of water from the bathroom taking a sip. She pulled back the sheets seeing him completely naked. She placed the cup on the night stand and went to his calves bending down and traced the tattoos on both legs with her tongue.

Before moving higher she looked at him grinning a little in his sleep. She moved up to his chest licking around the fading footprint tattoos there she was kind of sad he was getting them removed. Alyssa looked up to his face seeing that he was still dead to the world; he was going to make her work for it to get him awake. She bent her head down taking him forcefully in her mouth as his eyes shot open and his hand immediately went to her hair groaning loudly.

She pulled away from him leaned up and kissed his lips and said, “Morning Carter.” She grinned at him then got up and walked towards the bathroom turning on the shower and getting in.

Nick rolled his eyes, “Damn tease.” He said out loud getting up walking into the bathroom opening the shower door getting in as well. He wasted no time grabbing her pinning her against the cold tile kissing her slowly exploring her mouth while his hands touched everywhere at once.

She broke the kiss laughing, “Like your wake up?” She said smirking.

Nick responded by kissing her, lifting her up and entering her swiftly both of them sighing into the kiss. They picked a feverish pace as she wrapped her legs around his waist arching her back as his mouth latched on to her chest. Alyssa cried out when he gently bit down on her skin. She pulled his hair to get him to look at her, when he did she pulled him into a steamy kiss while he picked up his pace as she dug her nails into his hair and shoulder. A few more thrusts and she screamed out her release, him not far behind shouting. The echo of the tile made it that much louder. He let her down while she still clung to him her legs like Jell-O.

“You’re such a tease.” He said smiling as they washed themselves.

She got out grabbing a towel wrapping it around herself. He got out a minute later seeing her stand in the door way fully clothed. “What do you want for breakfast?”

He grinned, “You.”

“I mean for food moron.” She rolled her eyes laughing.

“Cereal is fine with me. Not like I’m going to let you out of my arms long enough to cook.” He replied pulling on his khaki shorts and a black tee-shirt.

“Today is Sunday!” She exclaimed looking at the calendar. “Damn this weekend has flown by.”

He walked up behind her pulling her into his arms saying, “It’s still the weekend.”

She looked over her shoulder at him, “But Sunday is the day before I go back to class and so it’s tainted and can never be fully enjoyed.”

He kissed her, “We’ll make it enjoyable then won’t we?” He suggested as she smiled.

“Perv” She said seeing a knowing smirk on his face.

“Tease.” He shot back.

She laughed and moved out of his arms, “Takes one to know one.” She retorted walking down the stairs then to the kitchen. She walked over pulling out the cereal box, milk, two bowls and spoons.

“So you’re calling me a tease.” He stated as he came into the kitchen just watching her in her baggy camouflage shorts that went down to her calves and a white tank top that was just see-through enough to see the outline of her black bra. Her hair was still damp from the shower but laid in soft waves down past her shoulder blades.

Without answering him she handed him a bowl as she walked towards the living room flopping down on the couch and turning on the television channel surfing until she found a movie. He followed sitting down next to her both of them eating in silence Alyssa obviously fully engrossed in the movie which happened to be one of her favorites Miami Rhapsody.

Nick set his bowl on the coffee table having finished and sat back just staring at Alyssa. She swept her hair over her shoulder in the front as she put her bowl next to his, exposing her tattoo. He couldn’t believe that she’d actually gone through with it. Tommy and him were joking around that night and daring each other to get piercings and tattoos and she had said that she had her tongue pierced once and never wanted it again so they dared her to get a tattoo. He just didn’t think she’d actually go through with it.

She always surprised him like that. Just when he thought he figured her out she’d turn around an do something unexpected much like the weekend they were having. Never in his wildest imagination did he ever peg her as this open. Sure she talked about sex like a guy but for someone with such little experience to be that willing to try new things had surprised him once again. He looked closer at the tattoo seeing the bite mark he’d made the night before that had turned purplish around the ink. He smiled to himself thinking about how it got there and her reaction when he did it.

She turned to face him seeing his smile and smiled back leaning in close moving the collar of his shirt to suck on his collarbone. He sighed and pulled her closer. She pulled away just enough to look into his eyes. “You’re doing it again.” She stated trying to read his expression.

“What am I doing?” He asked acting innocent.

She chuckled, “Don’t act innocent with me, you were staring again.” She said as he turned a little red knowing he’d been caught. “And you were thinking about last night.”

“And this morning.” He replied smirking at her.

She rolled her eyes, “Why though?”

“Because I almost don’t believe it’s true. That this whole weekend is somehow a dream I’m going to wake up from tomorrow.” He answered.

Alyssa smiled at him and kissed his neck and whispered, “Tell me what I can do to make you believe that this is real?” She asked.

He pulled her onto his lap and leaned forward laying them down on the couch. He raised his head to look at her and smiled, “I’ll let you know.”