- Text Size +
Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight: Friendly Advice

Nick pulled up to the condo seeing Lori’s car in it’s normal space. He walked up the steps still semi-fuming from Alyssa’s stipulation. He shook his head before knocking on the door. A minute later the door swung open, “Nick what the hell are you doing here?” Clark asked.

He got a surprised look on his face seeing Clark in a pair of pajama pants, “The same could be said about you…Where’s Lori?”

Clark looked at his friend seeing his eyes were bloodshot with a lost expression on his face. “She’s making breakfast, come on in.” He stated holding the door open for him.

Nick walked in as Lori came in from the kitchen wearing Clark’s shirt, “Who is it?...” She trailed off seeing Nick stand there, “Uh oh what happened?” She asked knowing it had to do with Alyssa on some level.

Nick glanced between Clark and Lori, “Am I interrupting something?”

“No Clark was just leaving to get butter at the store…” Lori stated quickly going to her bedroom changing into shorts and a tee-shirt coming back out handing Clark his shirt. Clark got the hint and kissed her on the cheek before leaving.

Nick sat down on the couch as Lori joined him feeling concerned. “I cannot fucking believe her.”

“Why? I thought you’d be jumping for joy at getting a chance with her.” Lori asked.

He looked at her, “I’m completely happy about that don’t get me wrong but she had a stipulation.”

Lori rolled her eyes knowing that it was totally like Alyssa to fuck things up by over thinking things. “What was it?”

He sighed, “She doesn’t want the guys to know, or our families, or basically anybody that doesn’t know about the stupid pact we made. I was so fucking pissed…I mean I love her I don’t want to keep that a secret.”

Lori put her hand on his shoulder, “You know why she said that right?”

“She said that she isn’t ready to answer questions that everyone will ask if we tell them.”

Lori smiled a little, “That’s not the whole reason.”

Nick looked up at her, normally he could read Alyssa like a book but at the moment he was completely confused. “What is the whole reason then?” He asked.

“She’s in love with you and it’s freaking her out.”

“What?”

Lori laughed at him, “That girl has been in love with you from day one. Ever since she came back after meeting you that summer she was all starry-eyed. She’s afraid you’re going to leave her if she tells you.”

“I’d never do that…not to her.”

“Umm…it’s kind of what you do though.”

“What?”

Lori sighed, “Everytime you had a girlfriend I saw how hurt she got. Every time you’d leave for a tour she got depressed.”

“Then why can’t she tell me?”

“You know the answer to that already…it’s the same reason why she never says the l-word to anyone. She’s afraid of loss. She loves you but she’s never gonna say it….unless.”

His head shot up, “Unless what?” He asked know he needed all the help he could get.

Lori smiled, “Make her see that saying it won’t make you leave, that no one is going to take you away from her. The night Collin died the last thing she said to him was ‘I love you’ and ever since then she hasn’t said it to anyone, not even her family.”

“So what do I do? Do I just wait around until she realizes that she needs to say it?”

“Be there for her like you’ve never been before. You two have this insane connection that not a lot of people see in their lifetimes. I’ve seen the way you two act around each other, look at one another… you’ve got something rare and you both know it. You welcome it and she’s afraid of it.”

“I don’t deserve her you know that?”

“Yeah you do. And its that line of thinking that’s the reason why she is so freaked out. She’s afraid that whatever higher power in this world there is will see that she doesn’t deserve you and will take you away from her. You have to show her that you aren’t going away. You can’t tell me that you haven’t had a thought then she says exactly what you’re thinking.”

“True…”

“Her parents have that connection, and you know that she idolizes her parents’ relationship.”

He thought a moment, “So basically just show her that we’re like her parents?”

“Basically, I love Ali she’s my best friend and I’ve known her as long as I’ve known Clark which is well, forever. You need to connect with her on a whole different level. You two have been just friends for so long and hiding how you feel that you need to be completely open with it….just not around the guys…until she sees.”

He processed everything knowing Lori was right, “But what if she never does?”

“She will and if she doesn’t you two will always have the physical part of the relationship.” She paused trying to get him to smile.

He sighed again, “Ok this is going to sound like I’m completely whipped here but I wish for once it wouldn’t be like that…”

“Why?”

“When you’re in love you want to have it be romantic at least once in a while…. Instead it’s like she just walks up says or does something that most people would find completely obscene…I mean hell I love it when she does that its just for once I want her to let me…”

“Make love to her…” Lori added.

“As much as that makes me sound like a woman…yeah. I mean don’t get me wrong I love what she and I have just I want to add that.”

“I know what you mean sex is great alone but when its got emotion behind it it’s fucking unbelievable. Not to change the subject but I have this feeling that her life isn’t going to be easy especially if she goes with you on tour this spring.”

“Why?”

“Clark was telling me that he’s worried about their dad. He’s been sick lately and it’s freaking Clark and their mom out. But Jamie doesn’t want Alyssa to know there is anything wrong. You know the second she finds out that her dad is ill with anything that she’ll drop everything to go to him.”

Nick sighed he knew all too well. He loved that Alyssa was so close with her family, he hoped that he’d be that close with his one day. “I know… So what does he have?”

“Clark said he didn’t know but that whatever it is its getting worse.”

Nick loved Alyssa’s family they’d semi-adopted him when he first met them. That was how family was supposed to be, a close support system. “Damn…” He paused changing the subject, “So are you and Clark...”

Lori rolled her eyes smiling, “Possibly, hell we’ve been on and off for what ten years now?”

Nick smiled, “Clark’s a good guy, I’m just surprised that you two aren’t married yet.”

“Hmmm maybe someday.”

Nick smiled, “I think I’m gonna go back and talk to her now.”

“I think you should.” Lori said smirking as she walked him to his car. “Now don’t leave so many bite marks and hand prints all over her or people will get suspicious.”

His face flushed in embarrassment, “You totally know that was her fault.”

Lori laughed, “I know I gave her the idea for going in front of the mirror…”

Nick rolled his eyes, “I’ll see ya later Sam I am.” He said calling her by her nickname.

“My parents came up with the worst names huh? Anyways take care of her…”

He smiled “I will.” He stated pulling out of the space smiling as she ran back up the stairs to her condo.

A while later…

Alyssa jumped hearing the unmistakable sounds of his car pulling into the garage. She willed herself to stay put not wanting to look desperate when he walked in. She heard him coming into the living room seeing her on the couch her hands in her hair looking at the floor. “Liss?” He asked trying to get her to look up.

She looked up seeing him her heart immediately screaming at her to tell him, unfortunately her mind won out and she stared at him watching as he moved to sit next to her placing his hand on her knee. “Where did you go?” She asked breaking the silence.

“Lori’s needed her advice.”

“What she say?”

“That I’m an idiot, and need to take whatever I can get from you.” He lied, he knew she’d freak out if she knew what Lori had told him.

Her worried expression softened putting her hand on top of his. “I’m sorry…”

He stared at her then replied, “It’s ok, just promise me that when you know that you’ll say it.” He knew she was going to lie and say she would even though if Lori was right she already knew how she felt.

“I will when I’m ready to tell you…” She said trying to hint that she might know already.

He smiled thankful she hadn’t lied to him saying that she’d tell him when she was ready to instead of saying she didn’t know. It gave him a little hope that the wait might not be as long as he originally thought. “I’m sorry for leaving…If I hadn’t I would have said something that I would have regretted.” He paused looking around the room noticing the paint as he had with the rest of the house when he walked in. “By the way nice job on the house and your room.”

“My old room.” She corrected.

His eyes lit up at her statement, “So does that mean I get to wake up with you every morning.”

She smiled and nodded, “I figured that my room could be our kind of secret where no one is allowed in there but us.”

“And you wonder why I love you.” He stated smiling at her.

“Why don’t you show me…”

He thought he was hearing things, “What?”

She stood up smiling at him, “I’ve been thinking and don’t get me wrong I’m lovin’ all the things we’ve tried and want to try but well I think we need some romance don’t you?”

“Hell yeah…” He smiled standing up pulling her to him kissing her then grabbing her hand pulling her up the stairs.

That night…

Alyssa smiled as he kissed her neck as they relaxed together in his…well their bedroom. She played with his fingers as he trailed his kisses up and down creating an imaginary line between her shoulder and her ear. She was being spoiled and she didn’t care. Alyssa turned to face him holding the sheet against her as she did so making him laugh. “What?”

He smiled, “Lose the sheet.” He said grabbing at the material.

“Just being modest that’s all.”

He looked at her, “No need I’ve seen everything.”

She rolled her eyes at him his hands moved to her waist as she laid on her side propping her head up on her hand. He looked at her tattoo on her wrist immediately loving it and the other one he found. “What are you staring at?” She asked.

Not answering her he asked. “So what do the tattoos mean?”

She smiled at him, “This one is Japanese for loyalty and friendship, Lori and Kellie got the same as me.”

He moved his hand to her inner thigh “And this one?”

She rolled her eyes, “It’s a saying that my mom used to say.”

“And that would be?”

She sighed, “To be without love is to be half alive. It’s the rough Japanese translation.”

“Wow…”

“Only you, me and the tattoo artist knows that I have it.”

He laid there surprised at the seriousness of what it meant. “You realize how serious that means?”

“What the saying is true.”

“I know but that saying and putting it in a place where only I’d see it that’s pretty serious.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “I know it’s serious, and I’m serious about us which is why I got it.”

A week later...

“So why again are we having the meeting here?” Nick asked looking at the guys.

Kevin rolled his eyes, “Because we never come over and we decided that it’s your turn.”

“That and any excuse to catch a glimpse of Alyssa is good too.” AJ added smiling.

Nick rolled his eyes, “Back off.” He said warning him.

“Or what?”

“I’m not gonna threaten you but Ali is off limits.” Nick replied.

Brian got an amused look on his face, “May I ask why?”

Nick thought a moment, “Because she dated one of my friends before and it ruined mine and his friendship.”

“Oh right so it has nothing to do with the fact that you can’t have her and it kills you?” Howie shot back just as the front door opened and Alyssa, Lori and Kellie came walking back in sweaty and out of breath.

The girls walked into the sun room towards the kitchen seeing the guys. “Hey..” Alyssa stated going for the fridge.

Nick stared at her a second in her running shorts and sports bra as she chugged a water bottle. “Alyssa slow down on the water you’ll get a stomach cramp.” Lori chided.

Alyssa glared at her, “Yes mother, not like I’m not in pain already, damn.”

“You ok?” AJ asked as she sat on the tile floor resting her tired legs.

Alyssa nodded, “Yeah I’ll be fine just my legs hurt like hell and...”

“And what?”

“Being a girl sucks...” The three girls said in unison.

Nick laughed a little immediately getting a glare from the girls, “What it’s a little funny.”

Alyssa laid back on the cool tile trying to catch her breath still, “Yeah I’ll bet you think it’s funny. You try having your entire lower half of your body in pain.”

The guys laughed, “No not that you’re in pain, just that all three of you...”

“Three of a kind...” Lori began.

“...Birds of a feather...” Kellie continued.

“Now and forever...” Alyssa added causing the girls to laugh. Alyssa got up feeling a little better going into the laundry room grabbing some clothes and a towel. “I need a shower, I’ll go first and you girls fight over whose next.” Alyssa stated walking towards the stairs.

“What was that about?”

Lori smiled, “The movie Nightmare Before Christmas is our mutual favorite and Nick had said we’re exactly like the three kids who steal Santa and the saying is from the song they sing. So what are you five up to?” Lori asked.

Nick smiled a little coming out of his trance from watching Alyssa, “Meeting...what are you three doing today?”

“Shopping for our costumes for the Halloween bash, then girl talk and movies.”

“Halloween bash?” AJ asked a little amused.

Lori smiled, “Yeah big Alpha Delta Halloween bash. Carter you’re going to love the theme this year.”

He arched an eyebrow, “What is it?”

“Goths and Angels. Ali is going as a Goth, Kel’s an angel and I’m a half and half.”

“Yeah you should see what I came up with for her costume.”

Nick rolled his eyes, “Are you trying to kill me?” He asked going to the fridge grabbing the pitcher of water.

“Don’t blame me it’s Alyssa, she had to be a Goth.”

“That’s because she’s the most innocent out of the three of us.” Lori commented making Nick choke on his water. Lori laughed at his reaction, “Well we’ll leave you boys alone now.” Lori said pulling Kellie out of the room going up to Alyssa’s old room.

A few days later...

“Damn Ali those blue eyes of his are going to fall right out of his head once he sees you.” Kellie stated seeing Alyssa walk into the bedroom in her Goth costume which consisted of a navy blue Versace corset with dark blue leather pants that had various chains draped over her hips attached to the punk style belt. Her long hair she let go curly and loved how the layers made it look like she spent hours with a curling iron.

“What it’s not like I won’t fall over seeing him in all white.” Alyssa shot back sweeping a pale powder over her face, neck and chest before slipping on her chunky boots. “Besides you look pretty killer yourself.” Alyssa smirked looking at Kellie who was in a white baby doll dress complete with wings, her hair curled up in a clip with a tiara on top of her head.

“Michael hopefully will agree with you.” Kellie smiled back as they walked down the stairs.

Meanwhile Nick was down stairs with AJ, Howie, Kevin, Kristin, Michael and Lori. He stood going to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. He came back laughing at a joke Lori had told. Hearing footsteps behind him he started to turn around stopping dead in his tracks his jaw dropped.

“Guys shut up.” Was all he could say when he saw Alyssa walk by him smirking at his reaction. Everyone immediately look up seeing Alyssa there standing a few feet from Nick. They looked like polar opposites of each other, her all dark and him dressed in a white button down shirt and a pair of white khakis that he never wore.

“Wow you look awesome hon!” Kristin remarked.

“Thanks K! By the way where is Brian and Leighanne?” She asked seeing that neither of them were present.

“Baylee’s got a cold.” Kevin replied.

“Oh no!” Alyssa stated concerned.

“Alyssa can I talk to you for a minute in the kitchen please?” He asked his eyes glued to her.

She looked at him strangely then recognizing the unmistakable look on his face before he walked away. She followed him pulling him past the kitchen and into the laundry room. “What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong? Are you trying to kill me?” He said his tone sounding a little more incredulous than he intended.

She smirked at him, “You’re just ticked because I’m dressed like this and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

“Your ass is mine when we come back tonight.”

“Maybe… the girls and I are having a ladies night join us if you dare.” She replied smiling before walking out and back to the living room a little extra sway in her hips just to tease him.

That night after the party...

Nick walked down the stairs after taking a shower hearing laughter erupt from the living room stopping as he listened to their conversation staying out of sight. “So come on Ali, we want more details...” Lori explained.

“If you wanna know more you gotta ask the right questions.” Alyssa said playfully. He smiled knowing she didn’t readily give up details to many people...except him.

“You’re sitting there with this big goofy smile on your face, come on he can’t be that good?” Kellie asked.

“You wouldn’t think so Kel...but he’s...” He heard her pause.

“He’s what?” Lori asked impatiently.

Alyssa sighed. “Perfect.” Now he was intrigued at what she had to say about him.

“What do you mean perfect?” Kellie asked becoming indignant.

Alyssa giggled, “I don’t know it’s just he knows exactly what to do to me and with me to get me off...fast. I don’t even have to tell him...I don’t know how he knows he just does.” He smiled bigger now after the considerable ego-boost definitely feeling better from all the teasing she did.

“Lori look at her she’s gone all starry-eyed!”

“Question is are you in love?” Lori asked, she’d seen Nick come down the stairs out of the corner of her eye...knew he was listening to their conversation and wanted to make him feel better about not being able to tell everyone about their relationship.

The room was silent a moment, “Well?”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “I think so...wait...I know so. The way I feel is so completely new and different than what I’ve ever felt before. I am so deliriously happy right now and I know that’s because of him...that and hearing the L-word when I wake up in the morning is a definite plus.”

“Have you told him?” Kellie asked.

“No...”

“Why not, don’t you think he wants to hear it too?”

“You guys don’t understand it’s not easy. I want to tell him every time I see him but...”

“It freaks you out huh?” Lori asked.

Alyssa sighed lowering her voice, “Yeah...knowing how I feel about him I can’t lose him. Besides I’m so not ready to say it.”

Lori rolled her eyes, “Then say it to us.”

“What?”

“Say that you love him in those words.”

“Yeah Ali say it you’ll feel better once you do.” Kellie reassured.

“Alright, alright!” Alyssa nearly shouted then lowered her voice to just above a whisper, “I love him.” His heart stopped at hearing her say that, he knew that he shouldn’t be eavesdropping but he didn’t care. He just heard her say that she loves him. True it wasn’t directed at him and she didn’t even know he was listening but still he knew she felt the same now.

He regained his composure grabbing the portable phone and walked into the living room trying to be nonchalant about it but inside was completely happy about what he heard. “What you three hooligans talking about?” He said sitting next to Alyssa on the floor.

“Girl stuff...”Alyssa replied smiling at him.

Lori rolled her eyes at them, “So what do you want we’re hungry?” She said getting their attention.

Nick tossed her the phone never taking his eyes away from Alyssa’s, “Order whatever you want I’m buying.”

Lori laughed getting up then remembering she needed his credit card. “Nick, why don’t you join me in the kitchen, I need your card.” Lori suggested.

Reluctantly Nick got up walking into the kitchen the complete giddiness registering on his face. “Thank you...” He said pulling Lori into a hug.

“I saw you come down the stairs, I had to ask her. I knew it’d help you deal with being so secretive.” Lori said as she pulled away. “My question is are you happy?”

He smiled, “I’m on cloud fucking nine right now...hearing her just say that.”

Lori smiled back, “That and before you came down stairs we got more details out of her.”

“What did she say?”

“That she loves it when you two are rough but that she nearly keeled over when you said that you wanted to make love to her. She also said something about the back of her neck, it was hard to understand she was obviously thinking about whatever it was.”

“I bite her tattoo on her neck I did love her reaction.”

“Well whatever it is you’re doing to her, keep it up she obviously enjoys it...”

Back in the living room...

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this happy Lissa.”

“God I love it when he calls me that. The way he says it just as he’s about to...”

“OK! I DON’T WANNA KNOW!” Kellie exclaimed. “You’re killing me here.”

“What Michael can’t get it up?” Alyssa joked.

“No its not that its just he won’t experiment. It’s driving me crazy I tried to get on top, he flips me back over.”

Alyssa laughed, “I think Nick likes it when I’m on top, he gets this look when he watches me...its euphoric. But nothing compares to the look he gets when we’re in front of a mirror it’s like his own personal porn show.”

Kellie rolled her eyes, “See what I mean you’ve had sex what with one guy and you’re having better sex than me and I’m engaged!”

Alyssa thought a moment forming an idea. “Alright I’m going to tell you what you should do. This works for Nick if he’s not exactly in the mood when I am or if he’s distracted.”

“What?”

“Ok put on your best lingerie garters and stockings are optional and just walk up to him and tell him that you want to make him scream. Trust me if he isn’t a quivering mass of hormones by the time you’re done you better call an ambulance because he’s dead.”

“Damn Alyssa I never thought you’d do that.”

“Never thought I would either but he told me that he loves it when a girl is aggressive and tells him exactly what she wants. Considering his reaction I’m going to be doing that more often.”

Nick walked back into the room a moment later seeing Alyssa listening to Kellie and went and sat down behind her pulling her to recline against his chest. “Seriously Ali I had better sex when we were just dating.”

Nick rolled his eyes knowing they were talking about Michael, “Hon I dated him, though I never slept with him I know he’s a pretty creative guy. He might have just fallen into a routine and it’s up to you to change it.”

“Since when do you give sex advice.” Nick asked completely amused by what she had said.

“Since always just I know what I’m talking about now.” Alyssa replied looking up over her shoulder at him. He smiled and leaned down kissing her.

“Alright food will be here...whoa.” Lori said stopping dead in her tracks seeing Alyssa and Nick kissing.

Kellie fidgeted a little before clapping her hands getting their attention saying, “ALRIGHT YOU TWO CUT IT OUT!”

Alyssa broke the kiss laughing a little and then looked at Kellie. “What’s the problem Kel?” She asked innocently.

Kellie rolled her eyes, “Oh get a room...”

“Well technically we have two now.” Nick stated garnering a surprised look from both Lori and Kellie. He’d never been much for saying anything about his personal escapades preferring to listen and comment on Lori and Kellie’s.

“What is this? Nick’s actually going to say something about his own sex life?”

“And all this time we thought you were shy.” Kellie shot back.

He rolled his eyes, “What you three know I’m not shy, just everything I had before this was well kind of meaningless and less than stellar so it really wasn’t worth talking about.”

Alyssa’s eyes widened looking at him. “Not even Miss Internet Porn Star?” She asked.

He laughed, “Please she’s not as good as she’d like to think she is.”

Lori and Kellie cracked up laughing, “You’re serious right? Omigod that’s so fucking funny.” Lori managed to say.

“What she was too fucking skinny, and she’d always complain.”

“Complain why in the hell would anyone complain...?” Alyssa asked.

He smiled at her silently thanking her for the compliment, “All the things you enjoy so much she hated. She’d always be like ‘slow down’, or ‘not so hard’. I actually had to fake it one night” He replied mimicking her high pitched whining.

“Why the hell did you stay with her for 8 months then? And how in the hell can a guy fake it?” Alyssa asked.

“She was in Australia for most of the relationship, and she didn’t even notice that I faked it. Besides she was a warm body to sleep next to.”

“She probably didn’t notice because she’s so loose from all her whoring around that she can’t feel anything.” Lori added

Nick laughed, “All she ever cared about was getting off as soon as she did she would fall asleep on me.” Alyssa shifted a little against him not really comfortable talking about him having sex with someone else. He felt her tense up a little bit and whispered in her ear, “If I would have known what I have with you I wouldn’t have gone out with her in the first place.”

She relaxed a little bit against him reassuring herself that he only thought of her when they were tangled up. “What about Amanda?” Lori asked.

Alyssa shot her a glare and waited for him to say something. “Amanda was ok, kinda clueless at first. But once she opened up she got me to like a lot of things that I didn’t think I would.”

“Such as...”

“Mirrors, handcuffs, all that stuff and it just got bad when we started fighting a lot.”

Alyssa figured it was time to embarrass him a little, “Or like the time you moaned my name instead of hers.” She said smiling sweetly at him making the girls crack up even more.

His entire face flushed in embarrassment, “She was not supposed to tell you that.”

“Wait a second you said her name instead of Amanda’s?” Lori asked laughing.

He turned even redder, “What that day was the first time I’d ever seen Alyssa in a bikini and I couldn’t get it out of my mind.”

“The red one?”

“Yeah seeing you in that was like watching Phoebe Kates in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.” He answered recalling the moment still clear in his mind even after four years.

Alyssa laughed, “God I was 16.”

“I know, I’ll never forget when I saw you at the concert the year before you changed so much.”

“See I told you he liked that outfit.” Lori exclaimed remembering his reaction to seeing Alyssa in a short tight mini-skirt, boots, and a black top.

“Damn straight I did I just about ripped her clothes off. Needed a damn shower because of that.” He admitted causing Alyssa to blush.

“Speaking of quality time by yourself have you guys ever gotten caught?” Kellie asked.

“No not by Alyssa.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure...” Alyssa countered making him look at her in shock.

“When?”

“Once when I was 16, and then a few times on when I went on tour with you. The first time I walked in you didn’t even notice I closed the door pretty quick and went and took a ice cold shower.” Alyssa admitted.

“What about you Ali?” Kellie asked.

Alyssa smiled a little, “Never done it.”

“How is that possible?” Nick asked.

Alyssa laughed at him, “I never really felt the need to. Well yeah I wanted to a couple times but I figured I’d wait until I’d at least gotten some experience with someone before I tried anything on my own. Lori?”

“Clark walked in on me one time with my uh toy and decided to help me out.” Lori said blushing.

“My brother Clark?”

“Yeah it was the first time we ever had sex and man was it good.”

“Ok now I know how Leslie feels.” Alyssa said cringing.

“Leslie knows?”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “No, but she and I used to talk about what we wanted in that department and I had a huge crush on you at the time.”

“When was this?”

“Christmas when I was 15.”

He looked at her surprised that she had thought about him like that long before they ever made the pact. “Damn I was like 18 or 19.”

“And with Amanda. So I kept my mouth shut.”

“That’s a first.” Lori shot back.

Alyssa immediately looked offended, “Hey I’m not the one who sleeps around missy.”

Lori rolled her eyes, “I’m not sleeping around anymore.” She admitted causing Kellie to put her hand on Lori’s forehead feeling for a fever.

“Well she doesn’t seem to have a fever...”

Alyssa laughed, “So who is he or she?”

“He, and it’s Clark. I think I caught monogamy from you three.”

Nick laughed, “I was wondering if you were going to tell them.”

Alyssa looked at Nick, “What!? You knew?”

“Only for like a week.”

“Damn, you and Clark back together man that’s insane.” Kellie replied.

“I know.”

Later that night...

Alyssa and Nick collapsed on the bed completely exhausted and out of breath. She lifted her head up looking at him smiling a little. “What?” He asked.

She rolled off of him pulling the sheets around them. “Nothing’” She replied as their bedroom door flung open and they looked to the door seeing Lori standing there.

“I realize you two are together now but geez think you two could keep the screaming and moaning to a minimum some people have to sleep.” Lori stated before closing the door and walking back to one of the guest rooms.

Once she left they both cracked up. “Damn we’re not as sneaky as we thought.” Alyssa snorted.

“Well if you weren’t so damn loud...” He shot back rolling to his side facing her.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “I didn’t see you trying to keep me quiet. Besides I can’t help that it just comes out.”

He smirked at her, “And that would have nothing to do with me right?”

“It has everything to do with you.” She countered grinning at him.