- Text Size +
Chapter 26

6 months later.

It was in August that the guys could finally release their new album that they had been working on for over 8 months. They were now facing an upcoming tour that would take them to Europe, Asia, Canada and the US. They would be on the road for ten months with a couple of weeks off now and then.

Nick and Cass had gotten very close during the past months, and everybody around them looked at them as if they were a couple.
Everybody besides Nick and Cass.
Both really wanted to, but Cass was too afraid to ask, and Nick was afraid to push her, knowing what she had been through. Even though they weren’t officially an item, they still did everything a couple would have done.
Everything but sex.
Neither of them had ever brought up the subject, and every time they came close to a situation that could lead to sex, Cass would hold back and break away from the moment.

It was now one week until the guys left for Europe. Cass was sitting in Mary’s living room, reading a magazine, when her phone rang. She looked at the display, and smiled.
“Hi Nick.”
“Hey. What’s up?”
Cass smiled at the sound of his voice. She always forgot how good he could make her feel just by talking to her.
“Nothing, just reading a magazine.”’
“You wanna do something today?”
“Like, now?”
“Yea.”
Just then, the doorbell rang.
“Hang in Nick, there’s someone at the door.” She stood up from the couch and walked over to the door. She opened it and had to laugh when she saw who it was. She hung up and put the phone down.
“Nick! What are you doing here?”
He was standing there with a huge smile on his back, both hands on his back.
“Hi honey.” He leaned forward and gave her a kiss and a hug.
Cass out her arms around his neck, and put her head on his shoulder. He smelled so good, and she didn’t want to pull away.
“What are you doing here?” She asked again.
Nick pulled away and handed her a bouquet of red roses. Cass looked surprised.
“But…why?”
“Happy birthday Cassidy!” He smiled and gave her another kiss.
Cass looked even more surprised.
“But… how?” She said.
“Holly told me.”
”But I never told Holly.”
“Mary did. Cass, why didn’t you tell me?”
Cass sighed and walked into the living room again, lying the flowers down on the table as she passed it. She walked over to the window, and looked outside. Nick walked up behind her and put his arms around her waist.
“Hey… things are different now Cass. You have me now. And Holly and the guys.”
She sighed. “I know.” She turned around to look him in the eyes. “Thank you Nick.”
He pulled her into another hug and held her for a few moments.
“You ok?” He whispered into her ear.
“Yea…” She nodded.
“Great,” Nick said, taking her hand, “because I have the whole day planned for us.”
Cass laughed, “…what?”
“Yea, come on. We’re late.”
“Late for what?”
“You’ll see.”

“Just wait here.” Nick said as they pulled up in front of a building. “I’ll be right back. I just have to meet someone.”
“But…” Cass was about to protest, but before she could say anything he had walked out of the car and closed the door.
Cass just sat there, trying to keep herself from following him. It was hard for her to understand how much her life had changed in the past few months. For the first time in long time, she was happy, and she knew it was all because of Nick. She had allowed herself to trust him a long time ago, and she was so happy that he was a part of her life. Even though she wasn’t sure where their relationship was heading, she knew that at least he would always be a part of her life. Cass didn’t want to admit to herself that she was in love with him, even though she knew deep down that she was. She wanted to tell him, but every time she tried, the words wouldn’t come out, and she always changed the subject. She was afraid that he didn’t feel the same way about her, and she didn’t want to lose what they had. They always had such a good time together. Going to the beach, playing video games, movie nights where they would stay up late and fall asleep on the couch in each others arms, dinners, and just hanging out, or Nick’s definition; making out. There was never a dull moment.

Cass was lost in her own thoughts when there was a knock on the window. She jerked out of her thoughts and gave out a little squeal. Nick was standing on the other side, his face pressed against the window, making a funny face. Cass laughed and gave him a funny face back.
“Did I scare you?” He asked her once he was inside the car.
“Just a little.” Cass smiled.
“You looked like you were in your own little world, so I just figured I’d give you a scare.”
“Yea, thanks.” She said, rolling her eyes.
Nick started the engine, “You ready to go to our next stop?”
“Yea, if only I knew what our next stop is.”
“You’ll see when we get there.”
“So you say.”

Half an hour later, Nick parked the car in front of a house that Cass had never seen before. They got out of the car and Nick grabbed her hand and walked her over to the modest gates. He pulled out a set of keys, and opened them.
“Ladies first.” He said and waited for Cass to enter the property.
She looked around. The house was painted in white and had big windows, giving it a modern look. It wasn’t too big, but just the right size.
“Where are we? I’ve never been here before.” Cass asked curiously.
“I know you haven’t.” Nick grinned.
“And…?”
“I bought it.” He said proudly.
Cass raised her brows. “You what?”
“I bought it.”
“You did?” Cass looked at him to see if he was joking. “You’re not joking?”
He shook his head.
“Oh my god. Nick…. Wow. I don’t know what to say.”
“Come on.” He grabbed her hand again. “I wanna show you.”
Cass smiled, but didn’t move.
“What?” Nick asked. “You don’t like it?”
“I love it Nick. It’s amazing. I know you said you wanted to buy a house here, but that was like months ago. I kinda thought you had forgotten about it.”
“Nope. I just had to wait for the right one. This one is perfect. It’s not too big, but still, it’s big enough… if you know what I mean. Come on.”
He walked her over to the front door and unlocked it. They stepped inside and he began showing her around. The first room they entered was the living area. It was a big open space, with large windows that overlooked the beach and the ocean. It was the most amazing view Cass had ever seen.
The kitchen was next to the living area to the left. It had blue tiles on the floor and the walls were painted white. There was a small breakfast bar, and an opening that led to the dining area. On the other side of the living room, there was a good sized bathroom with a hot tub.
Outside, there was a balcony that went from one side to the other.
They walked upstairs, and Nick showed her the master bedroom, and two guestrooms, a king size bathroom and a walk in closet. There was also a small balcony in his room.
Cass was in awe as he showed her all the rooms. The house was unique, and she was so happy for him that he finally found one he liked.
When Nick was done showing her the inside, he took her outside again, and showed her the swimming pool and the basketball court.

“Why did you buy this when you’re going away in a week Nick?” Cass asked him. “You’ll never get to hang out here. And who’s gonna keep an eye on it?”
Nick smiled. “There’s one more thing I wanna show you. It will answer your question.”
He took her hand and led her to the back of the house. As they did, Cass realized that the house also had a basement with an own entrance.
“Close your eyes?” He said as he unlocked the door.
Cass looked at him suspiciously.
“Come on. Close your eyes. “
She did as she was told. She could hear Nick opening the door and walking in, talking her hand to lead her inside.
“Ok, now open them.”
Cass slowly opened her eyes, and took a few moments to look around.
They were standing in an apartment.
“It’s an apartment….” Cass said, “Nick, I don’t understand.”
Nick took both her hands in his and looked down at her.
“Who’s gonna look after my house while I’m gone? You are Cass.”
“What?”
“I want you to live here. In this apartment.” He smiled down at her.
“What?” Cass asked again, her voice slightly irritated. “I can’t believe you. You just assume that I wanna live here? How can you do that? How can you tell me to live in a place like this without even asking me first?” She said, raising her voice.
Nick looked shocked. “But… I just thought that…”
Before he had finished his sentence, Cass had stormed out of the apartment, leaving Nick behind with a hurt look on his face.