- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright ladies I decided to post ch13 for everyone! It might be a little while until the next update, just because I'm in a little bit of writing rut at the moment but it should be fine once I get some decent sleep lol. Anyways let me know what you think and enjoy!!!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Thirteen: A Family Affair

“Christ Ali, how many books did you put in this box?” Nick whined making Alyssa giggle at him.

“Aaron said the same thing when he helped me move into my condo. Same damn whine.”

Nick gave her a scowl as he set the box down in the living room next to the many others. They walked back out to his Escalade Nick grabbing the last box and Alyssa grabbing her suitcase full of clothes and toiletries. They both went into the living room seeing about 20 large moving boxes filling it all of them labeled what goes where. “So I’m guessing we unpack now?”

Alyssa looked at him and smiled, “Yes unless you don’t want to use your living room ever again.”

He chuckled a bit and lifted the two lighter boxes that read ‘bedroom’ on it and carried them up stairs.

Four hours later…

“Wow this took a lot less time than I thought it would.” Alyssa replied digging into her chicken enchilada. After they had gotten down to only a few boxes they decided to order some Mexican food that had just been delivered.

Nick smiled at her as he poured himself a margarita from the pitcher he had made. “Well you’re finally moved in again.”

“You’re just so damn giddy about that aren’t you?”

He chuckled a little, “My woman is back living with me after the some of the hardest things we’ve had to deal with. Yeah I’m fucking happy.”

Alyssa sighed, “If I ever try to be that stupid again please just kiss me out of it.”

“How about I kiss you anyways?” He retorted giving her a killer look.

She noticed the look on his face and shuddered just a little bit. Alyssa rubbed her arms trying to play it off like she was cold but Nick saw right through it.

“Is that a promise?” She managed to sputter out.

Nick smirked at her and leaned to his side where she was sitting and claimed her mouth in a kiss letting his tongue trace her lips until she opened her mouth letting his tongue play with hers. He pulled back a little moving to suck on her bottom lip before pulling away. “You taste spicy.” He stated taking a long sip of his margarita.

“It’s the mix of salsa and guacamole.” She replied.

“I know normally you taste different.”

Alyssa gave him a curious look forking one eyebrow. “What do I taste like then?”

Nick thought a moment, “Depends on which body part you’re talking about.” He answered as she got an amused look on her face. “Mostly you taste sweet, sometimes a little salty if you just came in from a run.”

Alyssa ate her food astonished at his description. “It’s insane you know?”

“What is?” He asked settling back in the chair having already finished his.

Alyssa looked at him a minute gathering her thoughts. “How much we’ve changed in almost two years.”

“Well people change.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “But look at us now, closer than we’ve ever been, we talk more than when we were friends. All the crap we’ve been through. I’m surprised we survived it let alone become stronger from it.”

He smiled at her, “I guess that means we’re meant to be then huh?” He replied making her grin at him. “It’s a little crazy, sometimes scary, but I love how close we are, no one I’ve ever talked to about us has understood it. But I wouldn’t change it for the world.”

“Yeah completely agree with you. It used to really scare me but it wasn’t so much how close we are that scared me, it scared me that I really liked it.”

His eyes studied her expression as his mind processed her words. He was finding it harder and harder everyday to not just propose to her. But no he had a plan, a very good plan one that Alyssa would find impossible to say no to, and he was not going to divert from it.

“I know what you mean. When I realized I love you I was so scared because I loved the idea of it. All I’d have to do is look at you and I’d feel better about everything. But I built up a ton of will power to keep myself from acting on it.”

Alyssa smirked at him, “Why because I was what three months away from turning 18?”

Nick rolled his eyes, “No, that was part of it, but after you turned 18 it was really difficult to not just tell you everything, but I was afraid you wouldn’t feel the same so I kept quiet, kept you as everything I wanted in a platonic girlfriend and…”

“Fucked everything in sight that was human and female.” Alyssa interjected.

He chuckled a bit, “Yeah wanting and imagining it was you in my bed every time.”

Alyssa sighed, “You should have just said something to me, instead of keeping me in the dark, pining away for you thinking that you’d never feel the same.”

He studied her for a moment seeing the sad expression on her face. “I’m sorry. I should have, I really should have.” Nick replied getting a depressed look on his face. He stood, picking up their dishes, taking them into the kitchen to be rinsed and placed in the dishwasher.

Alyssa’s chest tightened, how many times had she laid awake at night obsessing over him, wishing he’d climb into bed with her, make all her doubts and fears about what his feelings were simply go away? Getting up she walked briskly into the kitchen seeing him doing the dishes a pensive look gracing his features. She moved to him kissing his shoulder as she moved around behind him and leaned up just a little bit to his ear.

“Where are you?” She asked her voice soft and full of concern.

Nick closed his eyes feeling her behind him. All the thoughts of how he should have told her how he felt sooner swirling in his head. A lot of things would have been different wouldn’t they? Would they be this in love? Would he have hurt her like every other girl he’d ever been with? But she wasn’t a girl, at least not since she’d hurt herself. From the very moment he realized how serious and deep his feelings were for her she immediately went from ‘that’s my friend the cute girl I secretly have a crush on’ to a full-blown woman with a woman’s sensuality, everything she did from then on was completely sexy to him, even just brushing her hair or standing in her closet deciding on what to wear. She wasn’t some girl he’d be with and throw away.

No she wasn’t……and wouldn’t ever be.

She’d shown him things about him, about herself that he’d never expected. He turned off the faucet setting the last dish into the rack of the dishwasher.

Alyssa stood there and hugged him from behind, giving him just enough room to move for the dishes. She leaned back a little watching his back stretch and contract underneath his tee-shirt, as he had stacked the dishes.

Having finished the dishes Nick turned in her embrace settling his hands on her waist slowly tracing how her body curved, from the inward slope of her waist down to the curve of her hips. Alyssa moved her hands from his hips to the front of him going under his shirt trailing both hands up from his stomach to his chest then back down lightly scratching her nails over his skin.

He watched her unabashedly studying her from the way her hair hung down her back to how her skin glowed from the lights in the kitchen. “How could I have gotten so lucky?”

“What?” Alyssa asked.

Nick grinned at her, “I said how could I have gotten so lucky? I have you, living with me again, loving me. Life doesn’t get much better than this. I thought for the longest time that I was going to lose you for sure.”

Alyssa grinned at him and moved her hands to his back and leaned herself into him resting her head against the side of his jaw. “I’m home now, you don’t have to worry anymore.” She answered back as he tightened his grip on her.

Three days later…

“Nick stand still!” Clark exclaimed as Nick fidgeted a little as the tailor tried to make appropriate adjustments to the tux Nick had on.

Nick laughed a little trying to stand still, “Sorry, got a lot on my mind.”

Clark gave him a strange look as he adjusted his shirt sleeves. “And that would be what exactly?”

He sighed wondering how he’d tell Clark of his plan. “Just thinking about when I’m going to have to go through this again.”

“Ummm okay Mr. Cryptic.”

Nick laughed as he changed back into his jeans and tee-shirt the tailor having finished marking on the tux, “Sorry just I need to talk to you about something. Need your advice.”

Clark smiled and changed back into his regular clothes as well. They made another appointment at the front desk of the shop before walking out. “So would this advice have anything to do with a certain sister of mine?” Clark asked as they sat down in Nick’s car.

He smiled and drove back to his house where they had decided to hang out and plan the upcoming bachelor party for Clark. “Yes it does.”

Both men arrived at the house soon after and went out on the back deck a Corona for each of them. Clark chewed on his lip for a moment gathering his thoughts. “Well what do you need advice on?”

Nick took a large gulp of his beer sighing as he swallowed the brew. “I’m going to ask Ali to marry me.”

Clark choked a little on his beer, his eyes widening at Nick’s admission. “Son of a bitch seriously?”

Nick laughed a little, “Yeah, I have it all planned out but it’s getting so difficult not to just ask her already.”

“What’s the plan?”

Nick set his beer on the table and leaned forward resting his elbows on the wooden table. “The family reunion.” He replied simply.

Clark smiled, he already knew that’d be a great idea. Proposing at the Monroe family reunion. Alyssa found family to be extremely important to her and was very close with Jamie’s side of the family. The only sad part is that Jamie wouldn’t be there to celebrate. “Shit you’re going to really be my brother now.”

“Yeah but that means more sisters.” Nick countered laughing a little.

Clark threw his head back and laughed heartily. “Please us males are already out numbered. Anyways have you talked to Nana and Uncle Marc and Aunt Ginny?”

Nick sighed a little, “No…” He admitted. That was going to be the hard part asking Alyssa’s grandmother, uncle and his wife for their permission to marry her. He wasn’t worried about all the cousins and extended family it was those three that would make or break his plan. Alyssa was extremely close with all of them, mostly communicating through emails and the occasional phone call. If those three gave him the blessing then there would be no doubt that Alyssa wouldn’t say anything but yes.

“You better call them or fly out or something. Ginny will be glad to see you, though she’ll be mad if you don’t bring AJ.”

Nick chuckled a bit, “Ginny is never going to get over her crush on him is she?” He remarked laughing a little at how everytime he’d been around Ginny since Alyssa had introduced him to her family she’d always ask where her AJ was.

“Never, and meeting him at Dad’s memorial just made it that much worse. Especially when he gave her a hug.”

“Alex was just being really nice to her with the memorial and all. I warned him that she has a major crush on him.”

The next day…

“Where are you going lover?” Alyssa asked, curious as to why he said he suddenly had to go away on business.

Nick sighed, “Jive told me they needed to see me and the others about our album in their New York office.” He fibbed. Nick didn’t have to worry about the other guys, he’d told them that he needed them to cover for him just for a day or so. “I’ll be back in two days.” He replied leaning in and kissing her slowly pressing his body into hers wedging her between him and the car.

Alyssa pulled away nibbling on his bottom lip a little. “Okay…” She pouted trying to act upset that he was leaving, but she couldn’t really be that upset, he’d only be gone for two days.

“Hey none of that. It’s just two days.” He chided grinning at her.

“I know……just kidding with you.” She shot back giggling.

He laughed and pulled her to him growling in her ear.

“Hey no fair!” She exclaimed before moving her hand between them grasping him through his jeans feeling him harden under her touch.

He nuzzled his face into her neck and whispered, “Fuck Lissa not out here.” He groaned as she bit his neck giving him a nice sized bite mark.

“Just a little something to remember during your meeting.”

Nick chuckled a little and pulled away from her grabbing his overnight bag and kissed her before walking into the airport. He went into the terminal sitting down at the gate waiting for his flight to be called. Feeling his phone buzz he answered it figuring it was Alyssa. “Hey baby miss me already?”

“Nick I never knew you cared! No wonder why it took you so long to bring AJ around me!” Ginny replied.

Nick busted out laughing, “Hey Virginia, I thought you were Ali.”

“I know, good to know you and my niece are back on such good terms. Anyways, what time does your flight get in?” She asked wanting to be at the airport to pick him up.

He grinned a little, “Ten PM your time. Do Marc and Nana know I’m coming?”

Ginny smiled into the phone, “Yep, Marc wants to know what the hell is going on. The girls are going to be over the moon when they hear that the cute Backstreet Boy is coming to stay over. I wish Connor and Patrick would be here to see you but they’re at summer camp.” She replied as he remembered how the three little girls went crazy when they first met him and the long afternoons he spent playing with the boys during the week he and Alyssa had spent with them.

Now the oldest, a set of twins, were twelve and the youngest girl at ten along with two boys at ages seven and six who were both at summer camp until Labor Day. The girls were still fans of course, but had moved on from the giggly hyper kids to active young ladies obsessed with boys and makeup except for the youngest. Alyssa’s favorite, she was still quite the tom-boy imitating anything and everything Alyssa would do, say or wear trying to be who she idolized so much.

“Ginny trust me. You, Marc and Nana are going to be completely floored.” He replied sticking his hand into his bag feeling for the velvet box that held the engagement ring.

That night…

Nick stepped off the plane and headed through security, glad that he had only opted to take one bag with him. He looked through the nearly empty airport seeing Marc and Ginny standing talking to each other. Marc looked over seeing Nick and motioned to Ginny who looked up and started grinning. A few more steps and he stood in front of them noticing the swell of Ginny’s stomach.

“Oh Christ Marc do you ever keep it in your pants?” He announced laughing.

Marc gave a hearty laugh in response smacking Nick on the back and giving him a hug.

Ginny stood and laughed noticing the bite mark on Nick’s neck, “Seems like you can’t either.” She countered giving him a hug.

He gave her an odd look and Marc laughed noticing the mark as well. “Nice bite mark on your neck. Alyssa always was a biter……she used to bite when she was a toddler.”

Nick rolled his eyes at the two of them as they walked out of the airport and to the SUV. He sighed feeling the heavy humid air. Alyssa’s extended family lived on Martha’s Vineyard, her uncle, and grandmother and five little first cousins and apparently one more on the way, the rest of the Monroe clan were scattered throughout the rest United States.

After getting into the truck and pulling out onto the thru-way Ginny turned a little in her seat to face Nick in the back. “The girls are staying over at their friend’s places tonight. So you can get some rest if you need it.”

Nick grinned at her, “Thanks Gin. I’ll hang out with them tomorrow and then I need to speak with Nana, you and Marc.”

Marc glanced up in the rearview mirror curious as to what was so important that Nick flew three thousand miles to say. “Umm care to share?”

Nick looked at the man seeing how different he looked than his late older brother. Marc had light hair where Jamie had dark, and Marc had dark brown eyes where Jamie had bright green. Nick sighed, he missed Jamie all the time. What he wouldn’t give for a long talk with him or to see Alyssa and Jamie in the kitchen whipping up on of their famous culinary masterpieces.

Ginny saw the far away expression on Nick’s face and scolded her husband, “Darlin’ have patience!” She smiled at Nick winking at him. “So where’s my AJ?” She asked giggling a little.

“At home in LA with his girlfriend Kaci.”

Ginny got a surprised expression on her face lighting it up. Nick always had a small crush on Ginny, she was that short curvy type with bright light brown hair and steel grey eyes. “So that’s true? AJ and Kaci?”

Nick nodded, “Yeah she turned 18 not too long ago but they started dating last year on the Never Gone tour.”

“Oh that cradle robber he is!” She giggled back at him.

“Kaci’s great though, really good for him. He’s never been so happy.”

The next morning…

Nick woke up to a loud thud coming from just outside his window. Scratching his head he walked over looking down seeing the youngest girl, Maggie, practicing her soccer kicks. He grinned and threw on a pair of green camouflage cargo shorts, a tee-shirt and his Nikes putting the ring box in his pocket. He went into the bathroom to brush his teeth and spiked his hair by running his fingers through it. He bounded down the stairs and into the kitchen seeing Ginny there whipping up breakfast. Nick gave her a kiss on the cheek, something everyone did when Ginny was cooking, and went out the back door catching the ball that flew right at him.

Maggie looked up her big brown eyes widening when she saw who had caught the soccer ball. “NICK!!!!!!” She screamed running over to him.

Nick pulled her into a hug remembering all the times he used to pick her up and swing her around. “Kiddo you are getting so tall, damn you’re gonna be tall like you’re cousin.”

Maggie grinned at him letting him go, “I hope so! Where’s Ali?” She asked looking for her cousin. If Nick was around then Alyssa shouldn’t be far.

Nick’s expression softened, “She’s in LA still.” He replied as he watched the ten-year-old’s face fall. “Also don’t tell her I’m here, she’s not supposed to know okay?”

“Why?” She asked curious.

He smiled again and pulled the box out of his pocket hiding it in his hand. “You promise not to tell anyone?”

She nodded emphatically.

“Promise promise?” He asked using the phrase that Alyssa and Maggie used to insure that not one secret would be told.

Maggie grinned, “Promise promise!” She exclaimed.

Nick opened the box showing Maggie the ring, “I’m going to ask Ali to marry me.” He said quietly.

Maggie’s entire face lit up and she put her hands over her mouth giggling and trying to stifle her shrieks of joy. Containing herself she finally spoke as he put the ring box closed and back in his pocket. “But then why are you here?” She asked.

“I want to ask for your Mom and Dad’s and Nana’s permission.”

Maggie got a perplexed expression on her face, “Okay I understand Nana, but why Momma and Pop?” She asked curiously.

“Because your cousin is very close to them and if they approve then there’s no way she’ll say no.”

Maggie giggled, “Like she would say no! She bagged herself a Backstreet Boy!”

Nick laughed with her, “Still I want to do something really cool for her that she’ll always remember you know?”

“AWWW!!!!! That’s so sweet!” Maggie exclaimed.

“So? Do you think I’ve got what it takes to be in the Monroe family?” Nick asked grinning at her.

“Of course!!!!! This is so cool! When are you going to ask her?”

Nick looked at her glad she’d been the first he’d told of his plan here. He knew she’d love the idea, and of course he hoped that her acceptance would set the tone for what was to come. “At the family reunion this coming January.”

“Why so far away?”

He sighed, “I know I’m dying to ask her, but I want the family there, because you’ll be my family too. And hey you’ll be related to my sisters!” He replied knowing how much Maggie loved Nick’s sisters and even had major crush on Aaron.

“Are they coming to the reunion?”

“Yep, but umm Aaron has a girlfriend.” He answered lowly hoping she wouldn’t freak out on him.

Maggie giggled, “I know Ali called and told me. At least it’s Kellie she’s so cool and sweet no wonder Aaron likes her.”

Nick smiled again, yeah this was going to be a good day. They walked into the house seeing the other two girls standing in the kitchen helping Ginny with breakfast. He looked at the two girls polar opposites of each other, fraternal twins. One had blonde hair and the other brown, but both had the same bright blue eyes.

The brunette, Kaylee looked up and her eyes widened seeing Nick standing in the kitchen. She elbowed the other, Kate, getting her to look up both getting the same shocked expression.

“So are you two just going to stare at me or are you going to give me a hug?” Nick stated holding his arms open as the two rushed over nearly tackling him in a hug.

Kate pulled away and giggled, “Not that we’re not happy to see you but why are you here?” She asked an air of maturity in her voice even though her and Kaylee had only turned twelve a month before.

Kaylee rolled her eyes, “Yeah where’s our cousin?” She asked she always hated living so far away from her, Olivia and Clark.

Maggie spoke up, “She’s in LA.”

Nick grinned at her ruffling her hair with his hand. He looked at the three girls all of them growing up right before everyone’s eyes. All of them were going to be beautiful he knew, ‘Of course’ he thought smiling to himself, ‘This family has good genes’.

That night…

Nick looked around the table, seeing Alyssa’s grandmother, Ginny and Marc. The girls had all gone down to the pier for ice cream after dinner. “So Nick what did you need to talk to us about?” Elettra, Alyssa’s grandmother asked.

Nick looked at her, seeing Alyssa’s green eyes staring back at him. It always freaked him out how not only did Jamie have the same eyes as Alyssa, that Elettra did as well. Elettra was very old time Italian, her parents having immigrated from Italy during WW2 when she was just a small child no older than six. Even her name was old time Italian, Elettra, the Italian form of Electra like the Greek tragedy. He’d always thought the name was cool, original…different. She had a special spot in her heart for Alyssa being the youngest child of her oldest son. Alyssa’s tom-boyish ways and free-spirited nature reminded her of a very young version of herself.

“Well…” Nick began as he cleared his throat reaching in his pocket for the ring box. “I already had asked Jamie before he passed away, and Mary of course. But I know how close you three are to Ali. So I thought I’d ask you as well.”

Elettra got a grin on her face trying to contain it as best she could. Mary had called and tipped her off as to what Nick was flying in to talk about. She glanced to Ginny and Marc noticing her son’s baffled expression.

“Ask us what Nick?” Ginny asked curiously.

Nick fiddled with the velvet box in his hands and replied, “I would really appreciate your permission to ask Ali to marry me.” He said choosing his words carefully. He knew he didn’t have to ask but since much of Alyssa’s family were still very traditional people, he thought it would be best to stick with tradition and ask the family first for their blessing.

Ginny shrieked and jumped up throwing her arms around Nick who laughed. Marc gave Nick a stern look, “You best not hurt my sugar-bean.” He replied using the name he’d given Alyssa when she was a baby. Ginny smacked her husband on the shoulder quieting him for now.

Elettra moved to sit next to Nick patting his knee, “If my Jamie was able to give you his blessing, then you have mine.” She said simply giving him a reassuring grin.

“Thank you.” Nick replied giving her a hug.

Ginny sat down on the other side of Nick fidgeting and giddy by Nick’s announcement. “So what brought this on?” She asked.

Nick grinned, “She moved back in.”

Elettra snickered, “Kids these days always living in sin, I tell you!” She interjected jokingly.

“E……have you seen the impressive bite mark on Nick’s neck? Obviously they’ve got some major premarital action going on.” Ginny added making Nick turn four shades of red.

Elettra laughed hard at Ginny’s comment making Nick give her an odd expression. “I thought you were all traditional Catholic.”

Elettra smiled and patted Nick’s knee again, “Sweetheart I realize that times are very different from when I was your age. And my granddaughter is a beautiful young woman, I find it hard to believe that any man would be able to resist her.”

“I’m surprised you lasted as long as you did without ravishing my niece!”

Nick chuckled a bit, “It took a lot of will power on my part.”

“I’m sure on hers as well.” Elettra replied making Nick look at her strangely. “Oh come on honey, everytime you two were around each other everyone could see the chemistry between you two. How many times did Ginny try to convince you of that?”

Ginny nodded in agreement, “The looks you two would send each other my goodness talk about heat. Everyone could see the fire between the two of you. For the longest time I thought that we were going to have to invest in asbestos suits to protect us from all that heat!” She said with a straight face.

Nick snickered at her, “Why did everyone notice and we didn’t?”

Elettra sighed, “She didn’t want to believe that she’s good enough for you. And you thought that she would never see you the way you wanted her to.”

“She’s amazing pure and simple.”

Back in LA…

“So where’s my brother?” Leslie asked as she streaked the black polish over Alyssa’s pinky nail.

Alyssa shrugged, “Some meeting in New York with Jive, the other three went too.”

Leslie thought a moment, “That’s weird I bumped into Alex at Kitson today.”

“Seriously?” Alyssa asked now completely intrigued as to why Nick had lied to her. With her free hand she grabbed her sidekick dialing Nick’s number.

“Hey baby how are you?” Nick stated answering his sidekick. The two women quieting down around him so not to give his location away.

“How’d the meeting go?” Alyssa asked.

“Uhhh it went great. What are you up to?”

“Oh nothing much Leslie is over giving me a manicure. Anyways I think Alex left one of his skull caps over here, is he around I want to see if it’s his.” Alyssa fibbed.

Nick’s breath caught, he didn’t want to lie to her but if she made him he would. Nothing was going to ruin this surprise. “No he’s not around I think he’s back in his room or he might have gone out for the night.” Nick answered rolling his eyes at himself for coming up with such a lame answer.

“Really…because Leslie bumped into him at Kitson today.”

‘Oh fuck…think quickly’ he thought to himself, “Umm I’m totally busted aren’t I?” He admitted he couldn’t lie to her even if it was for a good reason.

“Where the hell are you?” Alyssa asked with a little bit more of an edge to her voice than she’d intended.

Ginny took the sidekick out of Nick’s hands, “Hi honey it’s your Aunt Ginny.” She stated trying to help Nick out.

“Aunt Ginny? Why the hell is my boyfriend out on Martha’s Vineyard?”

Thinking quickly Ginny replied, “Because I invited him out for a couple of days. He was going to be in town to get something for Clark and Lori’s wedding and I had him stay here instead of at some hotel.”

“Why didn’t he just get whatever it was shipped out?”

“Oh because it’s not something you ship. He wanted my help with something and I offered for him to come out for a couple of days. I invited you along but he said you were so busy with getting ready for the fall semester that’s coming up in two weeks that I didn’t want to be a bother.” Ginny explained as Nick eyes widened. He never understood how well Ginny could think on her feet, especially when it came to covering for something that was a surprise.

Alyssa got a suspicious expression on her face wondering what exactly was going on. What would Nick need to get for Clark and Lori’s wedding that Ginny and Marc couldn’t bring or arrange on the phone?

Then the thought dawned on her, he knows how close she is to all of them, maybe he’s asking them for………

‘Nah’ Alyssa thought dismissing the notion all together. She remembered how much her family accepted Nick when they spent a week with them back when he had a break on his solo tour.

“SUGAR-BEAN!!!!!” Marc shouted seeing Alyssa and Nick walk up.

“Uncle Marc!!” Alyssa yelled back running up and jumping into her uncle’s arms swinging around him.

Marc set her down seeing Nick standing there watching the scene with an amused expression on his face. “Who’s the guy?” Marc asked protectively.

Alyssa giggled, “Uncle Marc this is Nick Carter, my best friend.”

Nick took the man’s hand shaking it, “I’ve heard so much about you and her Aunt. It’s a real pleasure to finally meet you.”

Ginny walked up and froze, “Holy hell.” She stated wide-eyed.

Alyssa smirked and giggled, “Breathe Gin!”

Nick noticed the look on Ginny’s face, seen it a million times over everytime he met a fan. “You must be Alyssa’s favorite Aunt, Virginia. It’s great to meet you.” He charmed holding out his hand for her.

Ginny laughed loudly and took his hand, “I’m her only Aunt, unless of course you count the ones removed a generation.” Ginny turned to Alyssa throwing her arms around her, “Okay I’m not complaining here but next time you bring a Backstreet Boy here can you bring my favorite?” Ginny asked jokingly.

Nick tried to act offended, “Well if you didn’t want me here you should have just said so!” He exclaimed cracking a smile.

“I haven’t met the other guys yet.” Alyssa added.

“Who’s your favorite?” Nick asked looking at Ginny, “Because I could always call them for you.”

Alyssa giggled, “Oh think a little taller than me, and a TON of tattoos.”

“AJ? I would have figured you for a Kevin or Howie girl.”

Ginny blushed, “It’s the eyes, and the voice.” She replied.

Nick grinned, “I’ll tell him you said that.” He countered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alyssa shrieked as Nick chased her down the shore laughing everytime he came close to catching her. She ran into the surf splashing him. He hooked his arm around her waist pulling her back against him intending to act triumphantly that he’d caught her but instead he lost his footing tumbling them both into the shallow water with a splash.

Ginny looked over at them from watching Alyssa’s five cousins running around on the beach and building a sand castle. “Marc, I think our Ali has found her match.”

Marc glanced over at them watching the two splash and play in the surf. He’d been keeping an eye on them both for the past few days watching them steal longing glances and lustful stares at each other when the other wasn’t looking. He wondered if maybe something was going on between them. But Alyssa was only 19 years old a few months away from turning 20, and Nick was 23.

“They swear they’re friends.” He countered.

Ginny laughed a little, “Yeah they say that they’re friends but their hearts are saying otherwise. The way he looks at her, wow, you can tell that he’s so far gone.”

“Probably wants to screw her.” Marc joked.

“By the way he watches her hips when she walks I’m guessing so.”

Marc laughed a little, amazed at how grown up his niece had gotten becoming a stunningly beautiful and intelligent young woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny looked out the window from the kitchen sink watching Nick play with the two small boys in the backyard, teaching them the finer points of playing tag.

Alyssa walked up next to her helping her Aunt with the dishes. She looked out seeing Nick being tackled by the two boys smiling at how much fun he seemed to have.

“You’re in love with him aren’t you?” Ginny asked noticing the look of utter adoration on Alyssa’s face as she watched Nick outside.

Alyssa turned for a moment, “Who Nick?”

“Yes darling niece. Explain what’s going on in that head of yours about him.”

Alyssa sighed and turned her eyes back to Nick and replied, “It’s his hands.”

“Huh?” Ginny asked completely intrigued.

She grinned at Ginny, “He’s got the most amazing hands. He gives me neck massages sometimes and God those hands……I want them all over me.”

“Is that all?” Ginny asked thoroughly amused.

Alyssa sighed drying her hands with a towel. “No I want everything, his heart, all of it.”

“So why not go for it?”

“Because he doesn’t see me like that. I’m just his friend and personal assistant, he has gorgeous women throwing themselves at him every day.”

Ginny’s expression softened, ‘how could someone so smart be so clueless?’ she asked herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick relaxed out on the back deck so grateful for Alyssa since she suggested this little escape. A place where he could just be himself and not a musician, pop star, or race team owner. Ginny walked out and smiled at him as he watched the five kids play in the backyard.

“So what made you decide to hide out here for a week.” She began breaking the silence.

He smiled and sighed, “Alyssa said that this place was amazing and she’s right it is. I just wanted to get away from being the celebrity for once and just be myself. Thank you for letting us stay.”

Ginny smiled, “Hell honey, anything for my niece. I love my brother-in-law’s children. And you’re obviously very close with her. You were the one she was staying with when she attempted to……well you know?”

Nick nodded, “I was so freaked out when I found her in my bathroom. I rushed her to the hospital. Just seeing her there all pale, knowing she’d gone through some terrible pain that she didn’t feel she could share with me, I’ll never forget it.”

She watched his expressions smiling that he felt the same way that Alyssa did. “I’ve been watching the two of you, so has Marc, we’ve noticed some major sparkage between you two.”

“Sparkage?” Nick asked amused.

Ginny laughed a little, “Oh yeah, the way you look at her, like you want to kiss her, not to mention how your eyes are nearly always glued to her ass when she walks past you.”

Nick blushed, “She’s so completely beautiful.”

“Are you going to make a move on her?”

He sighed, “God I want to. But I can’t risk losing her friendship, that means more to me than my own personal happiness.”

Ginny smiled as she remembered that conversation. He had risked the friendship and if all goes to plan he’d get the rest of his life in return.