- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
All right since I got a really good response I decided what the hell and posted chapter 15. Also a huge thank you to Lynzer4 for the shout out on LD! That was totally awesome thanks hon!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Fifteen: Date Night

Nick glanced around him seeing all the couples around him and Alyssa. He was glad that they’d invited everyone out to go clubbing with them, the guys and their respective women, Alyssa’s siblings, Jenna and Jay. Alyssa laughed at one of Jenna’s snarky comments getting him to laugh as well.

“So Lori what do you want for your bachelorette party?” Kristin asked giggling a little.

Alyssa snickered, “I’ll get her a male stripper.”

“Ew, Alyssa just ew!” Lori shot back.

Alyssa giggled harder, “I only said that to get that response if anything I’d take you to a regular strip club, female strippers have more talent.”

Jenna snorted at her, “Sounds like you speak from experience hon.”

“She does…” Nick replied giving her a grin.

“What I took everyone to a strip club in Vegas, and hell when I turned 18 you took me to one Jenna!”

Jenna laughed, “That’s because you were all innocent back then.”

Nick scoffed a little making everyone look at him, “Sorry just hard to remember a time when Ali was ever innocent. Even before she and I ever did anything the girl always had a perverted mind.”

Alyssa took a sip of her drink finishing it off, “It’s because I had Lori, Kellie and Jenna corrupting me!”

“Oh please you corrupted me!” Kellie shot back. “Do you not remember soccer playoffs in high school?”

Alyssa blushed and busted out laughing, “If I remember correctly it was YOU who dared me into sneaking into the Coach’s hotel room and steal his underwear and put itching powder in them.”

“You planted the idea in my head.” Kellie countered.

“Did not!”

“Did so!”

Aaron kissed Kellie on the cheek, “What are you…five?”

Kellie smirked at him rolling her eyes in response.

“If she’s five then wouldn’t that make what you two did last night illegal in all 50 states?” Alyssa retorted with a wicked grin.

Nick nearly spit out his drink at Alyssa’s comment, “Baby please warn me when you’re going to say something like that damn woman.”

Alyssa giggled at him, “It’s true though.” She replied turning to Kellie and Aaron, “And don’t even try to deny it. Stepped on the condom wrapper this morning in the bathroom.”

“At least we’re not loud like you.” Aaron shot back.

AJ laughed, “Man you should have been on tour with us, back when these two were claiming that they were just friends.”

Kaci laughed along with him, “It was really bad.”

Nick grinned, “Not for me it isn’t.”

“Watch it buster, that’s my baby sister.” Clark added giving Nick a stern look before busting out laughing. “Okay yeah I can’t pull that off.”

“Might I remind you Clark Rhett Monroe, you’re the one whose been boning my best friend for nearly twelve years now. I know way more about you than I ever wanted to know.” Alyssa retorted giving him a grin. “Should I go into how you like it when Lori…” Lori clamped her hand over Alyssa’s mouth muffling her talking. Alyssa rolled her eyes and bit Lori’s hand making her recoil with a shriek.

“Bitch you bit me!” She exclaimed.

Nick scoffed at Lori, “You should know better than to do that, you know she bites.”

“Are you complaining?” Alyssa asked arching an eyebrow at him.

“You think he’d keep coming back if he was?” Kristin added making Alyssa’s eyes widen at her.

“Kris!” Nick whined at her. “Don’t go telling her anything.”

Alyssa looked between the two of them, “Kristin I think you and I need to go out to lunch tomorrow.”

Kristin giggled, “As much as I’d love to dish with you I can’t. Blondie swore me to secrecy.” She replied giving Nick a reassuring grin. Nearly a year before he’d told Kristin that he intended on asking Alyssa to marry him among various other things that he and Alyssa did and he didn’t want her spilling the beans on him.

Alyssa huffed a little disappointed but relented breaking out in a grin. Nick stood up and grabbed his beer bottle and her glass. “Liss you want the same from the bar?”

She looked up at him and nodded watching him as he went across the club to the bar. She stared at him wondering to herself how lucky she’d gotten to have someone who treated her so well. Alyssa turned away for a moment engrossing herself in a conversation between Kaci and Aaron.

Meanwhile at the bar Nick ordered himself a beer and Alyssa another cranberry and vodka. “Hey Nick…” He heard a voice to his side. He turned seeing Amanda there.

He looked at her a moment quite happy in the fact that he felt absolutely nothing when he saw her. He was glad that even though all the shit they’d put each other through in their relationship had all been resolved and they’d become somewhat friendly again. “Hey yourself how’ve you been?”

Amanda sighed, “Good, busy but good. You?”

“Pretty much the same, Ali’s here if you want to see her.” He replied.

“And how are things going with her?” Amanda asked curiously she’d hoped that everything had worked out for them.

Nick grinned, “Everything’s perfect with her.”

“Perfect huh?” She replied grinning a little.

“Yes perfect, I love her.”

Amanda’s eyes lit up at his statement, “Finally! You were in love with her even when you were with me. Did she say it back?”

“Eventually yeah she did, been dating nearly two years now.”

“So when’s the wedding?” She joked back.

Nick rolled his eyes, “Have to propose first.”

Her eyes got wide, “You mean you’re…?”

He nodded, “She’s the one.”

“Well damn congratulations and you know she’ll say yes.”

“I hope so.”

Alyssa looked up over to Nick at the bar noticing he was talking to someone. She smiled and got up walking over noticing who he was talking to. “Amanda?”

“Ali!” Amanda exclaimed giving her a hug. “You look fantastic.”

Alyssa laughed a little, “So do you! How’s everything?”

“Everything’s good.” She replied.

Nick handed Alyssa her drink and whispered in her ear, “Ali I’m going to go sit back down.”

Alyssa smiled at him as he leaned over giving her a kiss before walking back over to their friends.

“Well, well, well…” Amanda stated with a snarky grin.

Alyssa rolled her eyes and grinned, “Yeah shut up.”

Amanda laughed a little, “So I’m guessing that something more happened than the pact running out?”

“Well it’s hard to turn a guy down who tells you he’s in love with you after he gets laid.” Alyssa replied.

Amanda got a shocked expression on her face, “He told you then?! Whoa has he got it bad. I mean I knew he was completely in love with you but damn.”

“I know he’s been the absolute perfect boyfriend even through all the stupid drama we went through the past almost two years.”

“What happened?”

Alyssa sighed, “You want the short version or the long one?”

“I’ll take the short version.” Amanda answered.

Alyssa chuckled a little, “Well Nick and I hooked up and started dating, kept that a secret until I told him that I love him. My dad died and I had a miscarriage. Clark and Lori are getting married, and gave birth to my perfect nephew. Olivia and Angela are trying to adopt, Nick and I broke up then got back together. His dipshit friend Rob told me that Nick was cheating on me and I got drunk and slept with my friend Brandon. Nick forgave me for my drunken betrayal. Aaron and Kellie are dating. And Nick and his siblings filmed a reality show and Kevin left the group.”

Amanda eyes grew wide, “Holy shit.”

“Yeah that’s just the main stuff that happened.”

“I’m sorry about your dad, and the miscarriage. God that must have been terrible.”

Alyssa sighed and nodded, “It was but Nick helped me through all of it and it made me fall in love with him even more.”

“So then why the break up and the cheating?”

“Because we had a stupid fight and broke up the day before he was leaving for the last leg of the tour. And then afterwards we got back together and he was in Florida for the NBA playoffs and I called him and Rob answered his phone. I didn’t know it was Rob just that it was one of Nick’s friends and he said that Nick left with two girls so I got angry and invited Brandon over and we drank and ended up having sex in my apartment. Nick saw Brandon after he had forgiven me and was furious. But through all of it we’re stronger than ever.”

Amanda thought a moment, “Damn he must really love you, he cheated on me when he found out I was cheating on him.”

“Yeah I know I was afraid of that but he said that I was punishing myself enough for both of us.”

Later that night…

Alyssa giggled as she stumbled into the house a little drunk. Nick was right behind her catching her before she fell. “Whoa baby slow down there.” He stated laughing.

“Jesus I’m glad I drove.” Aaron added as Kellie and him walked into the house.

Kellie laughed a little, “She’s funny when she’s drunk.”

Nick laughed again watching Alyssa settle herself on the couch. “Yeah but when she’s this drunk it usually ends up with both of us in the pool.”

“Pool?” Aaron asked.

Alyssa caught the conversation laughing to herself at the memory, “My parents house and Nick don’t complain you got laid didn’t you?”

“I’d never complain about that.” Nick replied pulling her into his arms as he settled back on the couch.

Kellie snickered at the two of them.

“Oh dear God you two stop it.” Aaron stated rolling his eyes and laughing.

Alyssa snorted at him in response.

Kellie yawned a little and nudged Aaron’s shoulder, “Babe I’m going up to bed.” She stated giving him a lingering kiss then trudging up the stairs.

“Dude does she live here now?” Nick asked.

Alyssa giggled at him, “Pretty much, ever since Aaron and her started fucking.” She answered rather bluntly.

“Alyssa Mackenzie Monroe…” Nick chided jokingly shaking his head at her.

“What does Kellie tell you Ali?” Aaron asked he’d been wondering for the longest time what exactly Kellie had shared with Alyssa.

Alyssa glanced at him a moment considering his question. “I won’t say specifically what she’s said because right now I can’t really remember but I do know that she really enjoys everything you two do. And she’s totally smitten.”

“Just smitten or is there more?”

Nick grinned at his brother boy was fishing for information about Kellie’s feelings for him. “Aaron just tell her already.”

Alyssa’s head shot up at his statement, “Tell her what?”

Aaron blushed a little, “I love her.”

Alyssa’s eyes grew wide and she smiled even wider. “Holy shit Aaron you have to tell her.”

“I will I just need time.”