- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, well, well....lookie what we have here...*gasp* an update? SWEET!! LOL. Anyways all of you can thank Anita (frackgirl20) for this one because she cured my writer's block! I was so close to putting everything on hiatus but she helped me out and gave me some AWESOME ideas....

So enjoy the chapter, let me know and if you can't tell already there's going to be the return of a certain male actor *evil grin*. And something about a suit coming up in the next few chapters....hehe *evil grin*.
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Sixteen: Don’t Call It A Comeback

********************************

Alyssa Narrating:

Good God who knew weddings had so many details? I’ve been helping Lori plan her wedding since they got engaged but now that the wedding is less than a week away it seems like everything has grown by leaps and bounds you know?

The more details that are discussed the more I’m convinced that getting married the whole wedding thing is more trouble than it’s worth. I mean I want to get married, of course what girl wouldn’t? But I’m thinking that eloping would probably be the best idea. Although my family would have a coronary and crucify Nick and myself for not including them.

As much as I love the idea of Nick and I getting married I don’t think he’s ready for that. I know I want him to ask me but I want it to be his decision and I just don’t think he’s ready for that big of a commitment. I know he’s been engaged before, but that lasted a week.

Maybe I’m just scared.

I know that I’m not so much scared of getting engaged or married. But I am a bit apprehensive about whether or not he wants to. I mean I know he talks about it all the time that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. Blah..blah…blah he can say that all day but in the end it’s just words. It’s just I’m afraid that maybe this is a passing phase for him. Since he’s recording and got time on his hands that maybe getting married would be a good way to fill his boredom. And I don’t want that to just be something he needs to distract him from boredom. If he asks me I want it to be because he can’t hold back any longer and he needs to ask me to make our intentions of staying together official. I don’t need some huge ceremony to tell the world I intend on staying with him. All I’d want is something small our families and close friends and that’s it.

No huge Hollywood spectacle like Nick’s publicist Juliette just had.

Of course I wouldn’t be marrying a Count like Juliette did. Yeah the entire thing was a heady experience. The reality show cameras were there. Nick got completely trashed as well as Chris, I myself got tipsy. Alex laughed at their drunken stupidity. And it made me laugh too, the totally off key (on purpose of course) singing, Nick wearing his tie as a head band.

All of it was simply hilarious.

End Narration.

********************************

Nick walked back into the house from the patio hearing Lori and Alyssa giggling in the dining room. He moved from the kitchen quietly to surprise them. He stopped when he heard Alyssa speak.

“Okay if I ever decide to get married someone please smack me!” Alyssa stated quite loudly.

Lori giggled a little, “Why?”

Alyssa gave her a pitiful look and then looked at the stacks of papers, books and various things on the table. “Are you kidding me? All these details? Who knew getting married had so many details. I swear Lori you’re turning me off to the whole marriage idea.” Nick’s heart sank a little at Alyssa’s words.

“You could always elope.” Nick smirked silently thanking Lori for playing Devil’s advocate.

“True, but then I’d have to deal with everyone being pissy that they didn’t get to go.”

Lori saw movement just outside the dining room seeing Nick’s shadow. She grinned a little, “But what if Nick asked you to marry him?”

“Yeah I’m so sure he’s planning on asking me, has had the ring for months and just hasn’t asked me yet right?” Alyssa scoffed.

Lori laughed at her, ‘if she only knew how accurate she is’. “Ali come on you and Nick getting married, having little Carters running around. I know you want that.”

Alyssa sighed, “Of course I want that eventually. I don’t know if now is the right time you know?”

“What do you mean?”

She rolled her eyes at Lori, “I love him, I know I want to spend the rest of my life with him. But I don’t think we’re ready for that big of a commitment yet. I don’t think he’s ready for that yet.”

Lori gave her a pensive look, “Why wouldn’t he be ready?”

“He’s 26, he should be out partying every night, getting laid by every chick he thinks is hot. He should want his freedom, not willingly give that up just for me.”

“Umm do you not realize that he’s completely in love with you?”

Alyssa glared a Lori for a second, “Of course I realize that…”

“Then what are you afraid of? That he’s going to cheat on you? Or are you afraid that you’ll cheat on him again?”

“Lorelei!” Alyssa shrieked.

“What? You’re the one that saw Brandon again.” Nick’s blood ran cold when he heard Lori say that. Surely Alyssa wasn’t cheating on him was she?

That night…

Nick paced in their bedroom. All day the thought of Alyssa seeing Brandon again made his mind race and his blood boil. He fought to reign in his jealous anger but he couldn’t help it. He was not going to share her. Alyssa walked in the room and began to take off her clothes heading to the dresser pulling out a large tee-shirt.

“Ali we need to talk.” Nick stated looking at her blankly as he settled himself on their bed.

Alyssa got a worried look on her face, “Umm okay…” She replied sitting next to him on the bed.

Nick thought a moment gathering his thoughts, “I overheard your conversation with Lori today…” He began looking at her as she got a concerned look on her face. “And I don’t want to jump to any conclusions about what I heard in case I’m wrong. But what’s going on with Brandon?”

Alyssa’s eyes widened at him. He wasn’t questioning her loyalty right? She remembered back to a few days before when Brandon had surprised her at her office.

Alyssa sat at her desk going over her power point lectures for the semester when there was a figure at her door. She turned expecting to see Lori and her nephew there since they had plans to go to lunch and then shop on Robertson. “Brandon…wh-what are you doing here?” Alyssa asked seeing Brandon leaning on her door frame.

Brandon looked her over the night they’d spent together still fresh in his mind. “I came to see how you’ve been.” He stated mentally cursing himself for being so transparent.

Alyssa studied his expression, he seemed lost, flustered, confused even. “I’m all right and you?”

“I’m okay…” He began sitting on the chair adjacent from her desk. “I’m just really in need of a friend right now…” He admitted and partially lied. It was true he did need a friend at the present moment, the fame was getting to him a little and Courtney had broken up with him. She’d broken up with him mainly because he couldn’t get Alyssa out of his head.

“What’s wrong?” Alyssa asked sincerely concerned.

He sighed and looked at the photo on her desk a picture of her and Nick with their arms wrapped around each other both gazing adoringly into each other’s eyes. His chest tightened, he wished she’d look at him like that. “This whole fame thing is insane. And to top it off Courtney dumped me. But I think that’s to be expected. How are things with Nick?”

Alyssa gave him a grin, “Amazingly well. I finally gave into my feelings and it’s been so good with him.”

Brandon grinned weakly in return patting Alyssa’s hand, “That’s great Ali.”

“Am I interrupting something?” Lori’s voice came from the doorway her glare at the scene in front of her evident.

Alyssa stood as well as Brandon. “Lori you remember Brandon.”

Lori set down the carrier that held Jamie and shook Brandon’s outstretched hand. “So nice to see you again Brandon. Ali we better get going to lunch or we’ll be late.”

“I know just let me grab my bag.” Alyssa remarked going over to the far table.

Lori turned to Brandon, “I’m getting married to her older brother, and we need to go over some wedding details. But we’re having the engagement party in Arizona this coming week and then the bachelor and bachelorette parties. You’re welcome to come to the parties.”

Alyssa looked at Lori like she’d grown a second head for a moment. “Lori I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Oh why not I think it’s a great idea. He is a friend after all.” Lori countered.

Brandon ever the polite one replied, “If it’s not too much of a bother then yes I’d love to come.”

Lori smiled, “Good then it’s settled then.” She reached into her bag handing him an extra invitation that she kept on hand for any old friends she’d run into and had forgotten to put them on the guest list.

Alyssa shook her head at the memory. Why Lori had invited him she’ll never understand.

“Nothing is going on with Brandon. He surprised me at my office and we talked briefly. Lori showed up and invited him to all the wedding things. Engagement party, the bachelor party, and the wedding.”

Nick’s eyes widened. “NO he can NOT come to the bachelor party, that’s my party for Clark.”

“I know but she said if you don’t want him to come then to tell him so at the engagement party.”

Nick clenched his fists, “I’ll do more than that, I’ll rip him limb from limb.”

“Nick do you think there is something going on with him?” Alyssa asked.

He glanced at her noticing the worried look on her face. “I don’t think he’s above trying something on you.”

Alyssa’s hands went to his shoulders rubbing the tension from them. “I love you…” She whispered in his ear. “Do you honestly think I’m going to let him try to take me away?”

Nick relaxed into her touch her words making him feel slightly better about the situation. “I’m just worried that he’s going to try to break us up.”

“I doubt he’ll try anything. He’s just interested in being friends, hell he’s probably still crushed over Courtney dumping him.” Alyssa countered. “He’s my friend, and that’s it.”

Nick sighed he trusted her. She’d never given him a reason to doubt her promise that what had occurred would never happen again. He just didn’t want to give Brandon a reason that anything may be less than perfect between them. “I trust you, but I do not trust him.”

Alyssa grinned a little, “Not asking you to trust him lover. All I want is your trust in me.”

Nick smiled at her pulling her from behind him to straddle his lap. He smirked and attacked her neck sucking on her pulse point slowly making her sigh and moan.

Settling herself against him she rotated her hips making his hands grip her hips and grind them against him harder turning them both on to no end. Alyssa threw her head back and moaned feeling him rub against her through her underwear. Smirking to himself Nick moved his hands up the shirt she was wearing and brushed his fingers over her nipples making her back arch and goosebumps rise all over her skin.

“I love knowing I can do this to you.” He whispered his breath hot against her ear. “Knowing that I can turn you on with just a touch.”

Alyssa sighed, loving it when he talked like that. She crossed her hands infront of herself and lifted the tee-shirt up and over her head throwing it across the room. She moved to look him straight in the eye and replied, “You’re the only man who can turn me on like this. Make me so drunk with lust that I can’t do anything but just enjoy the pleasure you give me and give it back to you all the same.”

He started at her wide-eyed. Normally she didn’t speak quiet so openly unless they were on the phone miles apart from each other. He laid her down and hooked his thumbs into her underwear slipping them off to where she could kick them off. He moved to stand stripping himself of his clothing. As he was lifting his shirt over his head he heard her gasp. He tore the rest of his shirt over his head and looked at her, his eyes immediately zeroing in on her hand that slipped between her thighs stroking herself slowly. He couldn’t describe how much he loved watching that.

“Can’t wait?” He asked as he nearly ripped off his jeans.

Alyssa grinned at him, “No, I just love watching your reaction when I do this…” She shot back as she spread her legs as wide as she could giving him a full view of what her fingers were doing.

“Jesus baby…” Nick replied now naked, he moved to kneel between her legs watching her fingers alternate from rough circles then plunging inside her as her hips thrusted forward.

Alyssa smirked at him loving how his eyes had yet to stray from her hand. “Before we were together, I used to do this imagining it was your hands pleasuring me instead of my own.” She admitted breathlessly.

He glanced up at her face completely shocked at her admission. He leaned forward capturing her lips in a sultry kiss. Breaking the kiss he answered back, “What would you think of?”

She grinned a little and moved her hand a little slower prolonging her impending orgasm. “How much I wanted you to touch me, to feel you inside me.” She explained as he kissed down her neck to her chest nipping and sucking on her breasts making her shudder and increase the pace of her fingers.

He recognized that shudder, knew she was close but holding back. “Come for me.” He whispered keeping his voice low and raspy.

Her back arched and she growled softly as her body tensed and shook riding out her release. She collapsed back against the pillows a little breathless and flushed from her climax.

“God I love watching you do that.” Nick stated as he entered her slowly stopping once he was fully inside.

Alyssa sighed and relaxed loving how slow and gentle he was being. “I bet you do.”

He chuckled at her and took both her thighs wrapping them around his waist. “Any man would have to be insane not to want to watch his woman pleasure herself while thinking of him.”

She smiled and contracted her muscles around him making him moan and shiver. “I lied to Lori and Kellie that one time when we were talking about that. I didn’t want them to know that I’d lie in a hotel room at night touching myself fantasizing about you thinking you’d never want me like this.”

Nick raised up a little and began thrusting slowly, so slowly it was like they were barely moving at all. “Do you know how many times I’d do the same thing?”

Alyssa moved her hands down his back scratching ever-so-slightly that it made him thrust harder and deeper into her. She loved how the littlest thing would spur him on. Alyssa moved her hips up against his making Nick throw his head back and growl at the heated friction they created. Alyssa pulled him down to her wrapping her arms around him silently telling him to roll over. He obliged and settled himself back against the pillows as he watched Alyssa sit up and begin to ride him with a slow rocking motion. Nick looked to his side for a moment catching their reflection in the large wall-sized mirror before turning back as Alyssa leaned back bracing her arms behind her on his legs just above his knees using them as leverage to grind against him angling them just so that he consistently hit all the right spots inside her. He moved his hands to her hips letting on drift down the front of her to stroke her clit in time to their movements making her legs shake and her muscles contract around him.

Getting an idea he quickly pushed her away from him making her give him a scowl. He smirked at her and traded places with her making her face the headboard. Understanding what he wanted to do Alyssa grabbed onto the headboard just as he grabbed her hips and thrust into her roughly making her cry out. He thrusted hard and deep into her, digging his fingers into her hips as they moved frantically against each other. Feeling how close he was , he bent over sweeping her hair off her back and bit down roughly on the tattoo at the back of her neck making her scream and shudder violently as she came pulling him with her with a long raspy growl.

They collapsed to the side in a sweaty heap against the comforter. Alyssa turned on her side and propped her head on her hand. “You’re amazing…”

He smiled at her letting his breathing return to normal, “God…that was good.”

She chuckled a bit, “It was. You trust me still right?”

Nick gazed at her, her eyes full of worry. “Of course.”

“Good because I’d never leave you for anyone…least of all Brandon.”

“Why is that?” Nick asked, he had to know exactly why he trusted her so much.

Alyssa grinned and trailed her fingertips over his chest, “Because even though I slept with him, one time, granted that was a HUGE mistake. But still he may have gotten me off, but only you can give me that much pleasure.”

Nick sighed smiling a little, happy she’d said that. “What happened with you and him that night, who initiated it?”

“Well I’d been drinking, as well as Brandon and we were talking and he kissed me. He apologized but then I kissed him and then one thing lead to another. But there was no foreplay. No teasing, no torturing, it just happened.”

Nick thought a moment, “So what was wrong with it? Besides being that you were being unfaithful.”

Alyssa chewed on her lip a moment, “Well completely disregarding that I was unfaithful, he really wasn’t into foreplay, at least I didn’t get any, it was kissing then we fucked that’s it. I hated how he didn’t pay any attention to my body the way you do. I think he was just happy that I was drunk enough and pissed off at you enough to fuck him that he didn’t care. At least I was coherent enough to remember the condom.”

“He didn’t touch you, or…”

“Or go down on me?” Alyssa offered receiving a nod in response. “Nope, he barely even touched my chest. Even if you and I weren’t together, after that performance, I would not be seeing him.”

“That bad?”

“Why do you want to know?”

Nick grinned a little, “Getting information in case he makes a move on you. Because if I see him try to steal you from me, I’m going to throw everything I do better than him in his face.”

Alyssa giggled at him, “Being a little vindictive aren’t we?”

“If it means that he’ll leave you alone once and for all, then yes I’m vindictive.”

“God you claiming me as your territory is such a turn on.” Alyssa replied straddling his waist leaning over to kiss him.

The next day…

“Alyssa hold still.” Lori chided as Alyssa continued to fidget in her dress.

“Sorry Lori but damn you’re really getting married.” Alyssa remarked as she glanced at Lori in her egg-shell colored gown.

Lori smiled and looked over seeing Nick and Aaron watching the girls get their last fitting. She moved over to Alyssa and Kellie leaning in close. “Both your men are staring at your asses.” She spied.

Alyssa and Kellie giggled. “Just imagining what they’re going to get tonight I assume.” Kellie retorted making all three of them giggle loudly.

“What the hell are those three talking about?” Aaron asked wondering what was so damned funny.

Nick chuckled a little, “Knowing them it’s about us.” He replied making Aaron give him a worried look. “Hey don’t worry about it giggling is a good sign. That and it means that they’re bragging so be proud of yourself that you got Kellie to brag about it.”

Aaron laughed a little, “And you would know this how?”

“Because I’ve been hanging around them longer than you have. And those girls talk. Giggling and smiling is a good sign. If it sucked then they’d be consoling her.”

Lori giggled as she glanced over at Nick and Aaron giving Nick a grin. “So, how’d Nick take the Brandon news?” She asked.

Alyssa closed her eyes for a moment and sighed, “He got me to tell him how bad it was with Brandon so he can use it against him if he has to.”

Kellie laughed, “Yeah I’d do the same thing if I were in his position.”

Lori grinned, “I’m glad you two are done with all the relationship drama.”

Alyssa sighed, “So am I. God even I was getting annoyed with myself!” She replied. “But in a way I’m glad it happened, it made me really see how much he really cares about me, fighting to keep our relationship from self-destructing.”

“Well I’m glad you’re done being stupid.” Lori replied with a smirk.

“Here, here.” Kellie added.