- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
OK!! Here is chapter 23...the one you've all been waiting for...hehe as always R&R!!!
Chapter Twenty-Three: All’s Fair In Love And War






Nick smiled taking the microphone, “The bride and groom, wanted me to welcome everyone to the reception…” He began as he saw Clark and Lori at the patio doorway. “Everyone please welcome, Clark and Lori Monroe!” Everyone turned and saw them walk in. Nick smiled as they danced they walked over. “Okay since this is an Italian wedding I believe it’s time for the bouquet toss…” He explained and handed the microphone back to the DJ.



Clark and Lori giggled a little and said, “We’re going to do the bouquet and the garter at once.” Lori hiked up her dress slowly to display her bare leg. He slipped off the garter slowly laughing at the catcalls from various guests.



Lori giggled and announced, “We figured that since we already know who we want to get married next, we decided to give the bouquet and garter away.” Lori looked at Clark and they smiled walking over and handing the garter to Nick and the bouquet to Alyssa making everyone laugh.



Nick laughed a little and Alyssa’s face turned red as he pulled her to him and gave her a sweet kiss making everyone smile.



Later on…



Alyssa giggled handing the microphone back to the DJ then headed back over to the table having just finished up the round of speeches. On her approach to the table her expression softened as she watched Clark kiss Lori’s bare shoulder in affection.



She loved watching her brother and her best friend so in love and not afraid to show it. Feeling that same happiness herself she turned to look where Nick was standing holding baby Jamie and talking to some guests she grinned to herself thinking of how amazing of a father he’d be when it became their turn for a child. She turned slightly seeing Brandon come into view and immediately all the color drained from her face she whirled back around to hide her expression from any prying eyes.



A few moments later Nick came walking back over sitting with little Jamie in his lap playing with the now four-month-old infant’s fingers. “Clark man you have got to be pretty fucking pleased with yourself.” He remarked as Jamie grasped Nick’s finger in his hand.



Clark beamed, “I am…I’ve got the most beautiful wife…” He said placing a kiss on Lori’s temple as she closed her eyes and grinned. “And she gave me a son…what more can a man ask for?”



“A daughter?” Alyssa suggested with a grin.



Lori giggled a little and shot back, “How about a niece dear sister-in-law?”



Nick laughed a little, “We’ll work on it.” He said pulling Alyssa’s chair over to him and rubbed her thigh through the silk of her dress.



Mary snorted at them, “Please wait until you’re married.” She offered making them give her a quizzical look. “I know, Olivia isn’t legally allowed to be married, and Clark and Lori have a penchant for doing things backwards but for my youngest I’d like to see you get married before I have anymore grandchildren.”



Alyssa patted her mom on the shoulder, “I can’t promise but if it’s meant to happen it will.” She replied as Nick arose handing Jamie over to Mary. He held out his hand to Alyssa and she looked up at him confused for a moment. “What?”



He took her hand rolling her eyes and pulled her out onto the dance floor holding her close nodding to the DJ. “I requested our song…” He whispered softly.



Alyssa pulled back for a second. “We have a song?” She asked as the opening chords of Stellar began. Her expression softened and she smiled, “We have a song!!!!” She exclaimed.



Meet me in outer space
We could spend the night, watch the earth come up
I've grown tired of that place, won’t you come with me
We could start again




They swayed to the music as the song played on; the lyrics were so true to their relationship. No one else could understand it, hell even they couldn’t quite describe it themselves exactly the effect they had on each other.



How do you do it, make me feel like I do
How do you do it, its better than I ever knew




“Meet me in outer space. I will hold you close, if you’re afraid of heights. I need you to see this place, it might be the only way. That I can show you how, it feels to be inside of you.” He sang softly into her ear his voice dropping another octave on the last line making her shiver at his breath on her neck. As the song continued he slowly kissed the crook of her neck as she barely suppressed a soft moan.



“Lover…” She rasped into his ear before pulling back at the end of the song. She looked at him seeing Brandon over his shoulder with a cocky smirk. “Nick…remember what I said last night?



“What?”



“Do you remember?”



He nodded in recognition, “Of course yeah.”



She gave him a sultry lingering kiss and replied, “Please just keep that in mind….” She said with worried eyes and walked him back over to the table. She excused herself taking the long way over to the bar not far from where she knew Brandon had been hanging the entire night. She sighed ordering herself a double scotch on the rocks downing it just as fast.



“Mmmmmhmmm maybe you should slow down a bit Alyssa.” Brandon said. “Don’t want you trashed again.”



Alyssa cringed and turned to him with a look of scorn in her eyes. “Like it would matter to you.”



He lightly brushed the backs of his fingers against the soft skin of her upper arm, “Now, now don’t be like that… I’m not so bad once you get to know me…” He replied softly. “Have you decided about my proposition.”



Alyssa ordered a shot of Jack and downed it giving him a glare.



Meanwhile Nick looked around looking for Alyssa. His eyes moved over to the bar seeing Brandon in close proximity to her….too close for his liking as his jealousy flared. The built up rage he clenched his fists, set his jaw and began walking over, just as he was a few feet away he heard.



He leaned in closely as she turned to look at him, “So what will it be, both your careers….or your lover?”



At that moment it clicked inside Nick’s head….why she had said what she did…that she’d give him up to save his career. “What the fuck are you doing?” He asked with his glare directed at Brandon making them turn to him in surprise.



Brandon smirked, “None of your concern Blondie.” He said placing a hand on Alyssa’s shoulder only having Alyssa to shrug it off seconds later.



“Don’t even think you can touch her…” Nick said getting in Brandon’s face.



“And exactly what is a washed up boybander going to do about it….?” He said giving Nick a good shove in the shoulders.



Alyssa got in between them looking up at Nick, “Baby please don’t fight, not here.”



Brandon shoved Alyssa out of the way knocking her to the ground as he looked down on her then back to Nick, “I don’t know what you’re so fussy about she’s a lousy lay.” He lied to incite Nick’s fury even more. He most certainly knew she wasn’t, but still he would say anything to make Nick angry.



Nick looked down to Alyssa moving to her side helping her stand as the guests began to gather wondering what the ruckus was. “If she’s so lousy then why are you still hanging around her like a lost puppy? Which if you continue to do so I’m not responsible for my actions…” He threatened.



“Hmmm let’s test that theory….” Brandon smirked and shoved Nick’s shoulders again making him step back a little.



Nick clenched his fist and pulled it back then punching Brandon in the face sending him back a few steps. “I never want to see you around her again.” Nick reprimanded.



Undeterred by Nick’s punch Brandon lunged and tackled Nick to the ground punching his sides and jaw in retaliation.



“Stop! STOP IT!” Alyssa shrieked in horror as Lori came over a look of terror in her eyes as Clark, Kevin and the rest of the boys stepped in pulling Brandon and Nick apart.



Kevin held onto Brandon pushing him back against the bar.



“What the hell is going on??” Lori squeaked as Mary and Olivia held her back.



“Yeah what is going on?” Kevin said shoving Brandon hard into the bar.



Nick yelled, “He tried to make a move on MY GIRL!”



Clark held onto him, “Alyssa explain what’s going on please?” He asked his sister barely being able to hold Nick back.



“Brandon got a hold of the DVD, Nick…he’s threatening to show the dean of my school…”She explained.



Nick struggled even more, “You fucking bastard, how fucking dare you!”



Brandon struggled against Kevin, “You don’t deserve her, you washed up piece of white trash!” He yelled as Kevin throttled him against the bar again.



Feeling something in the jacket pocket Kevin reached in pulling out the disc. “This it?” He asked holding it over his head. Alyssa scrambled over snatching it from him.



“Yes it is.” She said holding onto it tightly.



Clark let go of Nick as he assured him that he was calm enough to be ok on his own. He calmly walked over to Kevin and Brandon letting Kevin move to the side. “If I ever see you near her ever again, I will kill you….” He warned with a look of fire in his eyes.



Brandon broke free for a second clocking Nick on the side of his jaw as he backed up to the table near the bar that held the cake. Nick moved and punched Brandon with all his might so hard that he fell backwards onto the table smashing it, launching the cake into the air. Angela dove and caught the top of the cake just before it hit the ground as the rest landed on top of Brandon.



Lori’s eyes grew wide as she saw the scene before her in absolute horror as Alyssa stared at Nick, her breathing labored and her eyes roaming over him. She’d never seen him defend her quite like that before. Kellie took the DVD from Alyssa throwing it to the ground and smashing it with her heel. Clark moved to Lori trying to keep her in check as he walked her back over to the table making everyone go back as if nothing had happened.



All the while Kevin hauled Brandon out of the backyard and out the front throwing him out of the reception for good. “Don’t you come near them again or you’ll have to deal with me.” He threatened as Brandon scrambled to his rental.



Back in the yard Alyssa went to Nick’s side seeing the discoloration in his jaw. She took his hand and led him inside telling her mother and Olivia that she was going to clean up his cuts and bruises. She stopped by the fridge grabbing a handful of ice putting it into a Ziploc bag.



Then Alyssa ushered him to the bathroom in the hall pulling out the first aid kit and setting it on the counter.



“Ali, seriously I’m okay…” He emphasized groaning as she pressed the ice bag to his jaw. Though he was a little sore he felt okay.



She looked up at him and couldn’t control herself any longer as she dropped the ice from his face and wrapped her hand around his tie pulling him fully into the bathroom and shutting and locking the door. She pinned him against the wall pressing her body against him. She leaned up and brushed her lips across his and broke away. “Do you realize…how hot it was to see you defend me like that?”



He shook his head ‘no’ as she grinned at him leaning up as their lips met feverishly. He backed her against the counter with her back to the vanity mirror and pressed his hips into hers pinning her there. Moving his hands to her dress he slowly gathered the silky material up bringing it up over her hips noticing that she wasn’t wearing any underwear. He groaned slightly and pushed her to sit on the counter. She took the dress up over her head and tossed it over the towel rack leaving her in her heels. He spread her legs and trailed his hand up her leg to her inner thigh to trail his fingers over her making her sigh in relief. Feeling bolder she grabbed his pants undoing them and slipping her hand inside running her fingers over him. Making him growl lowly and grab her hips and bring them to the edge of the counter. He thrust inside her quickly making her moan loudly. To silence her cries he pulled her into a searing kiss. As he broke it he went to remove his jacket and tie and Alyssa swatted at his hands and straightened his tie back.



“Leave it on…” She replied breathlessly. He gave her an odd look, lord knows he prefers to take off his clothes but considering the look on her face he figured it’d be a good thrill for her. Looking down to the counter beside him then to the mirror behind them he got a wicked idea. Smirking he pulled her off the counter and flipped her around so that they were both facing the mirror. She looked at him through the reflective pane and her eyes lightened another shade. He placed her hands on the counter and grabbed the bag of ice opening it he took one cube in his hand and used the other to brush her hair over her shoulder.



The glimmer of recognition passed over her face he smirked and slowly drug the melting ice down her back making her back arch and her hiss at the cold and her knees buckle as he drew little designs on her back until the ice melted from the heat of her skin. He grabbed another ice cube and moved her hair back over her shoulder as he pulled her back a little and started the ice at her neck then slowly down her body until it melted near her hips. Satisfied that his hand was cold enough he trailed his hand between her thighs making her yelp from the sudden coldness of his fingers on her. After a moment he withdrew his hand and moved both to her hips and entered her quickly making her cry out.



“Be quiet or I’ll stop…” He challenged. He closed his eyes for a moment then looked to the mirror seeing her watch him as their eyes connected for a brief moment before he moved harder and faster on her making her bite her lip to silence her need to scream. Her knees began to buckle and her leg muscles quaked a bit while she felt her climax approaching fast. He thrusted hard making her knees and the tops of her thighs slam into the cupboard beneath the counter as she turned her head for a moment claiming his mouth to hers as she felt her release course through her moaning into the kiss. Feeling her let go he felt his come on strong as well and he broke the kiss burying his head into her shoulder and growling loudly as his body shook.



Moments after just standing there for a moment breathing heavily, they broke apart and Alyssa went to slip on her dress that had been discarded. After she did so she thought a moment and said, “Nick hand me a tissue.”



“What?” He asked readjusting himself.



“Because if I sit I’ll ruin the dress…” She said giving him a knowing look.



He wrinkled his nose in disgust for a moment and stuck his hand in his pocket handing her the tissue she had given him earlier. “Here and ew!” He said.



She laughed, “Hey…it’s from you so I wouldn’t be so disgusted.”



He chuckled a little, “Yes but still kinda gross.” She rolled her eyes and cleaned herself up a little and fixed her hair and her smudged makeup in the mirror as he kissed her cheek and added, “I’ll meet you back outside.” He ran a hand through his hair and checked the suit seeing that it hadn’t even been stained which he silently thanked God for he definitely didn’t want to deal with any questions as to what exactly had happened.



Lori saw Nick walking back looking a little rumpled with a sedate smile on his face. She rolled her eyes when she saw Alyssa walk out a few seconds later looking equally disheveled and satisfied. “I can’t fucking believe them, they ruin my wedding, the cake and then they go fuck!” She said with an exasperated sigh.



Alyssa came over sitting down as Nick did the same. “I’m really sorry about what happened…” Alyssa said with a sympathetic expression.



Nick sighed and said, “Yeah as much as I should be sorry I’m not the fucker deserved a beat down. But I am sorry about the cake.”



Clark looked at him, “its ok Angela saved the top of it.” He said trying to avoid another argument. He kissed Lori’s temple and they relaxed as the party went back to normal as if the fight had never happened.



Nick put his arm around Alyssa pulling her against him wincing as she lay against his ribs.



“Baby what’s wrong?” She asked her eyes filling with concern.



He adjusted a little and winced more, “Shit I think the asshole bruised my ribs.”



“Aww honey, I’ll wrap em in ice later.”



Olivia snorted a little and retorted, “That’s not all she wants to wrap in ice….”



Lori shot her a look and chuckled a little, “I’m still very pissed at the two of you for the fight…”



Alyssa rolled her eyes and replied, “Well you’re the genius that invited Brandon in the first place…so don’t get mad at us…”



Lori huffed at Alyssa’s comment and rolled her eyes, “Ok yeah that’s true, but I thought if anything you’d at least wait until after the cake to start something.”



Kellie came walking over and sat next to Alyssa and sighed getting a sad look on her face.



“What’s wrong?” Alyssa asked.



“I don’t want to ruin your night Lori.” She said looking
to them.



Lori snickered at her, “You couldn’t possibly do more damage than Brandon did…”



Kellie took a deep breath and replied, “I broke up with Aaron…”



Everyone’s eyes grew wide and Alyssa exclaimed, “DO WHAT?!”



She sighed and gave Alyssa a pitiful look, “I love him…but he’s not ready for a real relationship.”



Nick nodded a little, “Man he’s gonna be heart broken…”



“Yeah, but he’s 18 he should be out partying and screwing random girls every night. And I’m 22 I want to settle down, and I can’t ask that of him.”



Alyssa put her arms around Kellie giving her a hug. “Maybe it wasn’t meant to be.” She said as Lori hugged Kellie as well.