- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
WOW Ok so I'm assuming ya'll want the sequel first. Hehe cool. Anyways yes this is a full chapter so YAYA. Thanks to Presley for some midnight inspiration! (Read we watched old BSB videos and LMAO Nick at 13?!? LMAO) Okay *breathes* this is chapter 26 lot going on this chapter, but as you can see it's beginning to wrap things up since now I have four chapters left to write. Hopefully I'll be working on KDL soon (kinda hit a mental road block). Anyways I was looking on the tens and noticed that I'm number 4 on the favorite authors, number 1 favorite series, numbers 5 and 9 of favorite stories so WOW! THANK YOU!! To all my readers and supporters of the Nothing's Impossible series you've all made this more that what I could have ever dreamed! And I owe all of it to you guys so thank you! And a very special thank you to the three women holding it down as my beta readers, Mel (Mellz_Bellz), Crystal (Presley), and Anita (frackgirl20) you three make me a better writer! And I love you guys for it! Anyways here it is without further adieu chapter 26 of SWIB! As always R&R!!!
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage



Alyssa sighed as Kellie sobbed. She held her close knowing how hard this must be for her. “Kellie honey…”




“I can’t believe my stupid brother!” Angel exclaimed walking in.




Nick came walking back in talking on his cell phone to Juliette. “Let me talk to him, he’s just being stupid.” He explained making Alyssa sigh again for what seemed the millionth time that day.




As soon as they’d heard about Aaron’s engagement they rushed back to LA to find out exactly what the hell was going on. Nick rang off with Juliette and sat down beside Kellie and rubbed her back a little. He knew that there had to be some logical explanation for his brother's weird behavior, but what it was he didn't know...




A day later…




Alyssa relaxed a little as she walked around the house bored out of her mind. She’d been cooped up for a day or so since the news of Aaron’s engagement broke. Thankfully Nick had talked him out of it and that the girl that he’d been engaged to was in fact the girl that had been text messaging Nick just before they’d gotten engaged. Alyssa rolled her eyes at the thought of some chippie bimbo trying to steal Nick from her. 'If he thought he reacted badly to Brandon, just wait until someone tries to take him from me...' she thought chuckling to herself.




Just at that moment Lori came walking in carrying in her camera bringing Alyssa out of her thoughts. “Okay where do you want to set up?” She asked.




Alyssa grinned and motioned over to the couch. With their second anniversary coming up and the media’s attention now firmly focused on Aaron’s debacle she figured now would be a good time for her to make Nick’s present. Essentially it was a photo album, pictures of her, him, candid shots of the two of them together.





Lori directed her appropriately having her draped along the couch with a seductive smile on her face.




Alyssa giggled a little as Lori shot more feminine and sweet shots. “So you’ll have these all printed out for me soon?”




Lori smiled and nodded, “Yep, just let me adjust any lighting in Photoshop and take the best ones. When do you want me to shoot the candid shots?”




She thought for a moment. “Well how about tonight, just hang out here, saying that you’re going to stay over and just catch us when we’re not expecting it.”




“Which means what that you want sex pictures?”




Alyssa busted out laughing, “No, clothes will be involved, I promise.”




“Okay anything in particular?”




She chewed her lip for a second then replied, “Just really intimate moments that would look amazing on film.”




Lori smiled, “Oh I can do that!”




That night...




“Alyssa…stop Lori’s upstairs!” He chided through a barely suppressed groan as she kissed along his throat.




“Like that’s ever stopped you before.” She countered sliding her hands up around his shoulders.




Lori came walking down the stairs and saw them by the pantry. She smirked and grabbed her camera and snapped a shot just as he leaned down to bite Alyssa’s neck making her moan loudly while she gripped his unbuckled belt and began to pull it off of him.




Lori chuckled to herself as she watched the scene and snapped more pictures. She loved how easy it was to photograph them. That sometimes they almost seemed to move in slow motion just to take their time with each other. She had noticed that when they were friends the long glances they’d give each other were a dead giveaway that there always should be something more between them.




Later that night Alyssa relaxed as Nick slept with his arms securely wrapped around her. She looked up and contemplated the ceiling for a moment before looking at his sleeping form beside her. She couldn’t believe how far they’d come since they’d known each other. More so she couldn’t believe the thrill that had ran up her spine when she had found the engagement ring. Even though he said it was Howie’s she couldn’t deny she had the tiniest hope that it was meant for her.




That he was simply holding back for the right moment to ask her to be his wife. She sighed a little, she knew that it was merely a pipe dream; he was constantly saying that he didn’t believe in marriage.




‘Yeah but he always says he’d marry you’ her mind shot back. She turned slightly in his embrace feeling his fingertips graze her spine. She considered him for a moment then whispered, “Marry me?”




After a few moments she saw no response from him she sighed and turned back around holding onto his arms tightly as she fell into a fitful sleep.




The next morning…




Alyssa busied herself in the kitchen making breakfast and preparing the shopping list for what she figured they needed to buy at the store. She was focused so intently on what she was doing she hadn’t even noticed that Lori had trudged into the room.




“Alyssa? Earth to Alyssa!” Lori nearly shouted. When Alyssa finally looked up she added, “Bout damn time!”




“Sorry just a little focused” Alyssa replied.




Lori got a concerned look on her face, “The only time you do that is when something is bugging you about Nick and don’t want to tell him.”




Alyssa sighed and looked up, “I’m tired of waiting.”




“On?”




“Him to ask me to marry him. We’ve been together nearly two years and friends for over ten.”




Lori sighed a little and put her arm around her best friend, “Al, come on you know he wants to ask you, he’s just apprehensive still, and of course wants it to be the perfect time. You know that about him.”




She nodded, “I asked him to marry me last night.”




“You what!?” Lori asked completely bewildered.




Alyssa shook his head, “He was asleep and we were just lying there, and I whispered, ‘marry me’ to him.”




Lori’s eyebrows raised in shock.




“I know, I know, I just had to say it, I couldn’t hold it in any longer. Besides he was dead to the world he didn’t even hear me.”




A moment later Nick came walking in his hair ruffled and his shirt and boxers looking like he grabbed them from the floor on his way down stairs. “Mornin’.” He said pressing his mouth to Alyssa’s forehead momentarily.




She grinned, sighed at his touch and replied, “Morning to you to lover.”




He gave her a lazy half grin as he opened the fridge grabbing the apple juice. “Sorry didn’t sleep well.”




“Why’s that?” Lori asked ready to psychoanalyze at a moments notice.




He shrugged and grabbed a cup pouring himself some juice. “I don’t know I think it was this dream I had.”




“And that would be?” Alyssa asked putting the juice away and handing him a plate of waffles.




He glanced to Lori momentarily before answering. “We were lying in bed and you turned and asked me to marry you.”




Alyssa’s breathing grew shallow for a moment but she recovered quickly, “Really how interesting.”




Lori looked between them for a moment and gauged that Nick looked completely oblivious that the proposal had in fact truly happened. “So why did you have trouble sleeping then?”




Nick shook his head, “I don’t know I mean hell yeah I said yes, but I think maybe it was shock or…”




“Fear?” Alyssa offered.




Nick gave her an odd look as she sobered herself wiping her hands and leaving the kitchen.




“What was that all about?” Nick asked.




Lori shook her head, “Nick are you sure that January is the ‘perfect’ time to ask her?”




“Umm yeah it’ll be amazing.”




Lori sighed and patted him on his shoulder, “You’ve got a very restless young woman on your hands. I suggest major damage control.”




“And why is that?”




“Because Nick she wants you to ask her she wants to marry you more than anything right now. And yes it scares her but hon I think she thinks that the only way to solidify your relationship permanently is to get married.”




“Well that’s a dumb reason to want to get married then. I’ll talk to her about it.” Nick trudged upstairs hearing the shower going and smirked as he walked into the bathroom shedding his clothes and joining Alyssa in the shower. “Hey what’s wrong?” He asked figuring going the dumb guy route would be best.




Alyssa turned a little and stepped under the near scalding spray then gave him a look. “It’s nothing I’m being stupid.”




Nick’s eyes narrowed and he gave her an expression that shot right through her. “Alyssa don’t lie to me, something is bothering you and I think it has to deal with the m-word.”




“M-word?” Alyssa asked playing dumb.




Nick rolled his eyes and backed her up to the cool tile wall making her look up at him. “You’re disappointed that I haven’t asked a certain question yet am I right?”




Alyssa looked away and nodded a little, “It’s not just that though, I just feel like you’re the only good thing in my life lately and…”




“You don’t want to risk losing me so, in your infinite wisdom you thought making it official that we intend to stay together would be a good idea.”




With an astonished expression she nodded. She couldn’t believe how exactly he pinpointed how she was feeling. She figured that Lori had something to do with that but something in her heart said that his own feelings weren’t too far off.




He sighed and wiped away a few water droplets off of her face. “But therein lies our problem. If I went a head and proposed now, when we both have so much going on with the show and your meeting with the department heads, it would seem as if we’re trying to either attract more attention or worse, make it seem like we’re covering our faults by rushing.”




“I know, it’s just I want to just be with you, and I guess I was raised differently that when you feel that way there’s just an order to things you know?”



He grinned a little, “I know and baby we’ll get there okay? Just don’t worry about timelines and shit like that, let’s just be happy together.”




Alyssa grinned and hugged him close, “I can definitely do that.”




A week later…




Aaron rolled his eyes as they rode the elevator, they’d been to four interviews that day and were on their way up to Howard Stern’s studio.




“I mean it Aaron!” Nick chided. “You really fucked up, everyone is thinking that this was either a really stupid move on your part or that it’s some publicity stunt for the show!”




“So what? Not like it fucking matters anyways.” He replied back.




“You hurt Kellie.”




Aaron looked up and tried to hide the pained expression at the mention of her name. “Fuck her, she broke my heart she should have to deal with some pain too.”




Nick shook his head, “You honestly don’t deserve her.” He said as the elevators opened. They plastered smiles on their faces and went into the studio to begin the interview.




Meanwhile…




“Alyssa these tabloid articles are quite unsettling.” Helen stated making Alyssa nod.




“I understand that, and honestly I can’t stand what the media attention may possibly do to my career here. I’ve been doing my ultimate best to focus on my lecture work and such.” She explained.




Jennifer nodded in agreement, “Honestly everyone the media attention has died down quite a bit since the first reports. There isn’t even paparazzi in her class anymore even though it’s just the first couple of weeks of school.”




Helen got a pensive expression on her face and exchanged glances with the rest of the board. “Well we have pretty much decided on your fate before you came here. However…you’re stellar performance reviews and high student evaluation scores prove that you belong here at UCLA. Therefore we’ve decided to put you on temporary probation. Dr. Dietrich is to monitor you in the lecture setting for a period of two months and if she deems that your work has not been compromised by your recent celebrity status. Then you will be taken off probation.”




Alyssa sighed in relief and thanked the board, “I promise I will not let you down.”




“For your sake I hope not.” Helen added as she adjourned the meeting.




Back in New York…




“Nick why do you seem so distracted?” Howard asked.




Nick sighed, “Just worried about my girl she has a very important meeting today.” He answered making Aaron snicker.




“So tell me about her, we’ve all seen the pictures and wow, she’s a knockout, how do you land such beautiful women?”




He smirked a little and replied, “Ali and I have been friends for years, since we were a lot younger thanks to my little sister Leslie. And Ali stuck by my side through everything, she helped me through the whole Paris bullshit and never once asked for anything in return, only to just be as good a friend to her as she is to me.”





“So are you in love?”





“Very much so, we’ve been together nearly two years now and life with her couldn’t get much better.”





“So what happened with Brandon?”




Aaron chimed up, “He tried to steal Ali from him. And got a major beat down for it.”




Nick shot his brother a glance that was the third time he’d let something slip on his brother this week.




“Is that true?” Howard asked with a smirk.




Nick laughed a little, “Brandon and I did get into a scuffle but whatever it’s in the past and apparently I won, I got the girl.” He said recovering a little with a smug smirk on his face.