- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay here is chapter 3 FINALLY!!! LOL I couldn't log on for the past two days some silly computer glitch, but obviously got resolved. Anyways here is chapter 3 enjoy and let me know what you think and again thank you so much for all your feedback it's so awesome!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Three: Girl, Interrupted

 

Alyssa surveyed the room around her as she sat on the hardwood floor of her new condo. Empty boxes strewn every which way creating a maze of sorts throughout the room. Sighing she pulled the last box over to herself and began to dig through it. She pulled out a photo album that had 2005 printed on the binding, feeling adventurous she flipped it open. She giggled at the pictures on the first page all of the guys at sound check and then out to a party the five of them.

 

When the hell was she ever going to see that again, all five of them together on stage? Probably not for a very long time her mind answered. She continued to flip through the pages smiling at some of the pictures, each bringing back a memory that she’d almost forgotten about. All of them made her sigh though, she’d let one stupid fight get in the way of all that happiness, all that love.

 

Her sidekick buzzed across the floor and she sighed answering it, “Alyssa Monroe…” She’d started answering it that way when she’d moved into the condo.

 

“…Hi…” Nick answered back he didn’t even realized he’d dialed the number before it was too late.

 

Alyssa’s breath caught in her throat. “Nick?” She asked already knowing it was him on the other end of the phone. She’d been expecting Brandon to call since they had to cancel their dinner plans.

 

He looked around a moment before answering, “Yeah, I uhh….wanted to call and tell you that I got back, and um…maybe see your new place.” He answered as an awkward silence settled over them.

 

Alyssa sighed, “Um sure that’d be great, when do you want to come over?”

 

“Is now ok?”

 

Alyssa grinned, that answer was so typical of him. “Sure let me give you directions.” She began as she rattled off the directions to her condo which was located in Huntington Beach, otherwise known as ‘Surf City USA’. It was a little ways away from her job but she didn’t care, she only had to commute there about three times a week for classes, office hours and meetings.

 

She knew he’d love it, she’d fallen in love with the place as soon as she saw the outside, she was on the top floor, large windows that gave you a perfect view of the water in every room of the condo and spacious with a curved staircase that lead to the loft-like master bedroom and master bath which was just past the king sized wrought iron bed she’d just purchased.

 

“Ok I’ll be over as soon as I can.” He replied before they rang off. Now he had a little bit of drive ahead of him. He hated trying to drive the highway this time of day especially the 405 but if he didn’t he knew it’d take him well over an hour to get there. He quickly walked out to his black BMW getting in and backing out of the driveway hoping the traffic gods would smile on him as he headed for the 405.

 

Alyssa rushed throughout the condo picking up every box and folding it flat trying to clean up as much as possible, once all but one of the boxes were left she took the folded boxes and put them in her storage unit, who knew when she’d have to move again or need a box to store things?

 

Satisfied that the condo was clean to her liking she quickly ran up the stairs to her bathroom and took a look at herself she wanted to look irresistible, but not like she was trying to. She missed him, hadn’t seen him in a few months because he traveled a lot since the tour had ended, no doubt reluctant to come home to an empty house. She’d kept tabs on him though checking out the message boards and the fan sites to make sure he was okay.

 

The last time he’d called about two weeks before now, he was frustrated, staying in the Keys with a good friend of his who’s a highly respected member of the Key West community. The bad news was that he had the cops investigating him on a possible sexual assault charge. Of course she wondered just how he’d gotten into that situation but one word explained the entire thing, Bean. She hated Rob with a passion, merely because no matter how many times she’d tell him off, he still hit on her.

 

Whenever he’d hang out with Rob, it always ended up in him doing something monumentally stupid like jumping off the top of his boat into the water, which he broke his toe doing. But never had it ever gotten so far as to involve the law. She listened to him explain everything that happened, believed him of course, he’d never lied to her before then so why would he start now, but she couldn’t deny of course somewhere in the corner of her mind that she wasn’t just a little bit wary of the whole thing.

 

Nick, of course, wasn’t charged, and the story thankfully hadn’t become the media scandal everyone thought it would be, much to the dismay of a few reporters and bloggers who felt the need to rip the entire thing and Nick apart. At least the national media hadn’t caught on to it.

 

She brushed those thoughts aside as she walked over to her closet debating whether or not to change out of what she was wearing, low rise jeans that hugged her hips perfectly, and her favorite black spaghetti-strap tank that had the Buccaneers logo emblazoned across her chest. But she didn’t have time to decide as there was a knock on her door. She glanced at the clock seeing that a little over an hour had passed as she bounded down the stairs and looked out the peep-hole smiling when she saw Nick. She opened her door leaning against it a little allowing him inside.

 

The second he laid eyes on her he fought the urge to pull her into his arms, press her against the wall and kiss the utter hell out of her. Wearing those jeans and that shirt, did she realize how she affected him?

 

She smirked as his eyes roamed over her as he walked in. “So do you want the tour?”

 

Nick turned to her as she shut the door locking it as she leaned on it staring at him. He grinned a little, just completely content to be back in her presence again after not seeing her for three months practically, although thoughts of how much he’d missed her skin touching his was beginning to take a serious toll on his will power.

 

“Yeah the tour sounds great.” He replied letting his eyes sweep over her body again landing on her hands, how he missed those hands, the way they fit so perfectly into his, how delicate and soft her skin was, how her neatly manicured but short nails would dig into his shoulders. He shook his head at the thought as she lead him to the back room where the guest bedroom was, it was decorated in a very beachy theme with lots of white, blues, and greens a little bit of beige.

 

He already loved the place, merely because it was hers, something she’d gotten on her own. He smiled as he walked into the other guest room that had been turned into her study, bookcases lined one wall, her desk in front of them a couch and a large easy chair for reading in the corner, all with low reading lights on end tables, and on top of the bookcases throughout the room. She showed him the guest bathroom, the living area that held the television, and large lounging couches that could literally fit two people laying side by side on them.  She walked through the chef’s kitchen letting him find the refrigerator that was camouflaged to the exact exterior of all the other cabinets in the room. 

 

Finally she stopped just before the stairs a little hesitant about showing him her bedroom, when she had been buying her bedroom set more than once the thought of how easy it would be to handcuff Nick to her bed crossed her mind.

 

He smiled a little at her apprehension and walked past her up the small staircase figuring that was where her bedroom was. He stopped cold looking at the room, the wrought iron bed, everything was in deep shades of silvery-blue, from the curtains to the comforter and the overstuffed chair in the corner. Alyssa walked up the stairs going over to lean on the glass block wall, that made the bedroom invisible to anyone standing below but cast deceptive and distorted shadows if the lights were on.

 

“Do you like it?” She asked, knowing full well that he did, or else he wouldn’t have reacted the way he did, his chest rising and falling rapidly.

 

Nick turned to look at her seeing her there he walked over looking straight into her eyes as he leaned down and pressed his mouth against hers.

 

Her hands slid up his chest as he deepened the kiss and pressed her body into the thick glass block wall behind them. Alyssa recoiled a second later pushing him away as they both tried to regain their breathing. She couldn’t look at him, not with the look of pure longing on his face, she knew if she did she’d give in and she couldn’t, at least not yet.

 

“I’m sorry…” Nick began but stopped himself as he looked at her, “You know what I’m not sorry, I had to kiss you and I definitely don’t regret it.”

 

Alyssa averted her eyes from his knowing how much power his eyes held over her. “Nick…we can’t…I can’t… do this.”

 

He smirked and walked over to her placing a hand on either side of her pinning her between him and the cool glass blocks. Nick moved one hand to brush a piece of her long dark hair behind her ear as he stared her straight in the eyes. “Why don’t I believe that?”

 

Alyssa’s eyes grew wide as she stared at him, not believing he was being so forward, he never was one to make the first move unless he was drunk, which by the look of him, he wasn’t. She managed to wriggle away from him and went down stairs into her kitchen as he followed pulling up a barstool and rested his elbows on the bar as he watched her rummage around the room for food. “What are you hungry for?” She asked not turning to look at him.

 

“You.” Nick stated rather bluntly. She turned to him shooting him a ‘don’t even think about it’ look. “Sorry you asked what I’m hungry for and it’s been three months.”

 

Alyssa snickered at him, “Yeah I’m sure the blonde in Bergen didn’t count right?” She blurted out without even thinking.

 

Nick stared at her, astonished at her bluntness and amused that she’d been keeping track of him. “You’ve been keeping track of me I see.”

 

Alyssa rolled her eyes as she cut into an apple slicing it up. “You expected me not to? Just because we’re not together doesn’t mean that I don’t still love you, or that I don’t worry about you.” She stated as he got a smirk on his face. “And don’t think I’m jealous, I’m not. Who you’re fucking is none of my concern anymore.” She finished placing the various fruits and vegetables she’d sliced on the plate arranging them around for a moment.

 

Nick got up and walked over to her, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind making her stop what she was doing. He leaned down next to her ear and replied, “I didn’t fuck her. Or anyone else for that matter.”

 

She turned her head up and looked at him as he moved to her side before he continued.

 

“I was drunk and missing you like crazy and she kissed me. And yes I admit I kissed her back, that’s when Aaron came over and got me the hell out of there before I did something I knew I’d regret.”

 

“Why would you regret it?” Alyssa asked as she grabbed the plate and placed it on the bar as they both picked at it.

 

Nick sighed, “Because she wasn’t you.”

 

Alyssa put her hands on the counter and looked away, “Nick, please…” She stammered trying to reign in her emotions.

 

“What do you want me to say, that I’m sorry? Yes I’m sorry I acted like a complete insensitive asshole. I know that you want your independence and I’m willing to give it to you, but that’s not going to stop me from loving you.”

 

Alyssa closed her eyes for a moment running her tongue stud over her lips. She breathed a moment then looked at him, “You’re willing to give me a chance to prove that I can take care of myself?”

 

Nick smiled at her, “If it means that you’ll come back to me, then yes I am.”

 

Alyssa grinned at him and nodded in agreement she grabbed a piece of avocado and popped it into her mouth. “Did you know Aaron has a girlfriend?”

 

Nick’s eyebrows raised in surprise, “When we were in Norway for the Hollywood Knights game he told me that he’d just started seeing someone.”

 

“You’re going to laugh when I tell you who.”

 

Nick looked at her a little scared at the possibilities, Aaron had said he’d moved on from Alyssa but that could have been a lie. “Who?” He asked warily.

 

Alyssa giggled at him, “It’s not me so relax already.” She stated as he let out a breath sighing in relief. “Besides, I’d never date Aaron, he’s too skinny, too young. But anyways I’m getting away from myself, he’s dating Kellie.”

 

Nick’s eyes widened, “No shit…”

 

“Yeah that was my reaction too when I caught them kissing. It’s weird Kellie just turned 22 and Aaron is only 18.”

 

Nick snicker-snorted at her, Kellie and Aaron were the same age difference as her and Nick, nearly four years, just reversed gender roles. “How old were you when I was 22?” He asked already knowing the answer.

 

“Eighteen, so what? You waited until I was 21 to make a move on me.”

 

“Still, same age difference, and it’s not like we didn’t think about being together at the time.”

 

Alyssa rolled her eyes in response as she began to clean up the kitchen a little bit bending over in the refrigerator to put the excess fruit and vegetables away.

 

Nick’s eyes strayed to the small of her back as he saw a flash of something. Something that he’d never seen before. “Alyssa what’s on your back?” He asked in curiosity.

 

Alyssa stood up straight and looked at him smirking. She walked over and turned lifting up her shirt a little showing him the ink on the small of her back. His suspicions were confirmed as he saw the very intricate design of a circular Celtic knot embellished with black shading and a green outline to it. Nick recognized the design immediately, he’d drawn it for her years ago when she was thinking of getting a tattoo to honor her mother’s Irish ancestry. He just never thought she’d get it on her lower back, or that it’d look that sexy on her. 

 

He turned her around pulling her body flush against his as he leaned down to her, “I can’t take this anymore.” He mumbled against her lips as he kissed her, hard.

 

As if almost on instinct she tangled her hands into his hair. Nick leaned down grabbing onto the back of her thighs and hoisted her up against him as he whirled around walking into her dining room and setting her down on the table there.

 

Her hands slipped underneath his shirt lifting it up as he tightened the grip on her thighs. They broke the kiss momentarily for both their shirts to be discarded. He stared at her as she moved off of the table slipping off her jeans and then moving to undo his letting them fall to the floor as he stepped out of them slipping off his flip-flops at the same time leaving them in their underwear, thin black silk bra and boy short underwear for her, and gray boxer briefs for him.

 

Nick pulled her to him again lifting her up and carrying her into her living room throwing them both onto the L-shaped oversized couch. He pulled her to a kneeling position and turned her around and bent her over so he could closely inspect the new tattoo. He stared at it as his fingers trailed down her spine causing her to shiver. His lips soon followed running his tongue along her spine then tracing the tattoo making her shudder and moan. Nick smirked as he pulled her back up from her being on all fours, her back flush against his chest.  He trailed his hands over her starting at her neck and moving down slowly, groaning as she arched her back pushing herself more into his hands.

 

One hand stayed at her waist playing with her naval ring sliding it back and forth, tugging on it from time to time as his other hand disappeared below the silk of her underwear. Her hips ground themselves down onto his hand as she reached behind her slipping her hand under his boxer briefs moving over him at the same pace he was torturing her at.

 

Alyssa threw her head back shuddering and sighing, “Nickolas.”

 

Nick sighed as he sucked along her shoulder in response. Just then the phone rang and they both froze. Alyssa made a slight move to get it but Nick tightened his grip on her, “Let the machine get it.” He commanded as he moved his hand faster on her making her cry out and change the rhythm of her hand to match his.

 

After three rings the answering machine picked up.

 

“Al, it’s Clark, Lori and I are on the way to the hospital, she’s in labor.”

 

Alyssa pushed Nick’s hands away from her and ran over to the phone picking it up. “Clark?...Whoa slow down what hospital?” She asked standing there in just her underwear glancing at Nick who was still kneeling on the couch, a mix of emotions displayed on his face, love, lust, frustration, concern. All of which reflected in his eyes as he watched her. “Ok Clark, I’ll be there, yes I’ll call Nick and make sure he’ll be there too.” She stated before hanging up making Nick snicker at her.

 

“So you’ll call me huh?” He stated going back into the dining room as she followed and they slipped on their clothes.

 

“If Clark knew what we were doing….and about to do he would have made a u-turn to come and kick your ass.”

 

Nick laughed a little, “It’s so like your family though, to interrupt what arguably could have been the best makeup sex ever.” Nick retorted pulling her to him.

 

Alyssa looked up at him, “Ok we need to not touch right now so you can calm down.”

 

“Why? I like touching you.” He stated nuzzling her neck.

 

Alyssa giggled, “I can tell…” She replied trailing her hand over the bulge in his jeans making him groan, then whimper when she pulled away.

 

Nick whined a little when she fully pulled away from him, “I’m so going to hate Lori forever.”

 

Alyssa sighed and ran her tongue stud over her lips smirking at him, “Well if you behave yourself I’ll make it up to you.”

 

Nick visibly shuddered as he watched her tongue stud run across her lips remembering exactly how good that felt on certain areas. “Damn, if you keep that up, I’m never leaving this condo.”

 

She smirked and slipped on a pair of sandals grabbing her bag, keys and sidekick as they walked out the door. They arrived at the hospital a good forty minutes later.

 

“Lorelei Anders.” Alyssa asked the charge nurse in the maternity wing.

 

The nurse smiled, “Are you family?”

 

“I’m the Aunt of her baby. She’s having my older brother’s kid.”

 

“And you?” The nurse asked turning to Nick.

 

“He’s the uncle.” Alyssa stated making Nick grin at her.

 

The nurse smiled again, “She’s in bed 12, right around the corner from the waiting room.”

 

Alyssa thanked the nurse and they walked briskly down the hall into the waiting room seeing Kellie and Aaron sitting there already holding hands. They both looked up getting shocked expressions on their faces seeing Nick and Alyssa walk in together. “How’d you get here so fast?”

 

Kellie giggled at the dazed, exasperated looks on their faces, “We were out to lunch with Lori and Clark when her water broke.”

 

Alyssa caught on to what Kellie was giggling at, “Uh…Kel can I talk to you for a moment out in the hall?” She asked.

 

Kellie nodded getting up following Alyssa as they walked in the hall to get out of earshot of the waiting room. “Are you two getting back together?”

 

Alyssa blushed, “We were in the process of that when my dear brother called. Figures Lori would interrupt it, especially since she told me to make him work for it and not just jump him when we saw each other again.”

 

Kellie smirked, “He looked so dazed, what were you doing to him?”

 

“He found my new tattoo and we were so close Kel, seriously a few more seconds and my bra and underwear would have been in shreds along with his boxer briefs.”

 

Kellie snickered at the description, “Damn, I kind of liked not being the only one not getting any.”

 

“What, I thought you and Aaron…”

 

Kellie held up her hand, “We haven’t yet, mostly because I think I should tell him about…”

 

Alyssa interrupted knowing exactly what Kellie was going to say, “Are you sure you want him to know that you’ve fucked his brother?”

 

Kellie nodded, “I want him to know that it was only one night and that it was nothing more than a favor to you.”

 

Alyssa looked at her best friend noticing the change in her demeanor, “You really like him don’t you?” She asked.

 

Kellie grinned, “Crazy isn’t it? I mean he’s only 18 for Christ’s sake. But he’s so sweet and funny, and my God…can he kiss.”

 

Alyssa snickered at her, “Ok listening to you talk about Aaron is almost as bad as Lori talking about Clark.”

 

“I know, but Ali, it’s insane, I think I’m starting to fall for him.”

 

Alyssa’s eyebrows raised in shock.

 

Meanwhile…

 

“So…” Aaron started with a knowing smirk.

 

Nick shot him a look knowing what he was going to say, “What about you and Kellie now?”

 

Aaron smiled, “Ok, I know you’re going to think I’m crazy but hear me out. I really like her, she’s sweet and smart and beautiful and sexy as all fuck.”

 

Nick smirked at his brother, “I thought you were all in love with Ali.”

 

“I was. But I had to move on, Alyssa is never going to love me the way she loves you so I dated around for awhile and ran into Kellie while she was working at Concorde one night. So I asked her out and she said yes.”

 

“Have you and her…” Nick stated trailing off.

 

Aaron shook his head, “Not yet, I mean yeah I know she’s not a virgin and I’m most certainly not but still I think she’s a little apprehensive.”

 

Nick sighed, knowing exactly what she was apprehensive about, the fact that Aaron didn’t know about the threesome they’d had. “Well you will when the time is right and it can’t not be anything less than amazing. But I do have to ask, what are your intentions with her because she’s my friend and I don’t want you to hit it and quit it, when she might have more feelings for you than she lets on.”

 

“Dude hit it and quit it has never been my style. That was all you remember?”

 

Nick rolled his eyes, “That was until Ali.”

 

Aaron grinned, “I know, and speaking of, are you two getting back together?”

 

Nick shrugged, “No clue, I think we are but we have some serious talking to do first.”

 

“Is that what you were doing? ‘Talking’ before you two came here?” Aaron asked with a wicked gleam in his eyes.

 

Nick shot him a look, “Did she tell you about the tattoo at the small of her back?”

 

Aaron smiled, “I went with her to get it, she said you’d designed it and that she wanted it where you could see it.”

 

“So I’m guessing she wants to get back together?”

 

Aaron nodded. “Yep, I helped her move before I saw you in Bergen for the game. She was a fucking wreck man. Everytime she’d see a picture of you two, she’d start crying about how stupid she was being and how much she just wanted to be wherever you were.”

 

“Why the fuck didn’t you tell me this at the game!?”

 

“Because you were fucking miserable without her, but the game distracted you from thinking about her. She loves you and she wants you back, but she still wants her independence so I’m guessing you guys are going to be going backwards for a while.”

 

“Backwards?”

 

“Yeah not living together, just dating, probably no sex.”

 

Nick snorted, “Umm you should have seen what was going on and what was about to go on at her condo, fuck I missed her. And that new tattoo? Son of a bitch, nearly came just looking at it.”

 

Aaron chuckled, “Ok I don’t need to hear that but I think that was her intention to get you to want her back so badly that you’d end up fucking her on the dining room table.”

 

Nick laughed, “Sofa, we were pretty damn close to getting to the main event when Clark called.”

 

“Yeah I made a joke about it that since you were back in town to not expect Alyssa to answer at all for a few days. You saw her bedroom right?”

 

“Yeah, how did you?”

 

Aaron smiled, “I helped her buy and move the furniture. At the furniture store I swear I heard her mutter under her breath how handcuffs would look on the rails.”

 

Nick’s breath caught in his throat, “That’s the one thing we haven’t tried yet, the whole domination thing. We both want to try it. I think her even more so that I do if that’s even possible.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Think of Kellie in something really sexy telling you what to do.”

 

Aaron thought a moment sitting back in the chair, “Fuck, now you got me wanting to try it with Kel.”

 

“See what I mean? Alyssa is amazing at being forceful, and she literally gets off on power trips.”

 

Kellie walked back in a second later, sans Alyssa, taking her seat next to Aaron.

 

“Where’s Ali?” Aaron asked.

 

Kellie grinned, “She went to check in on Lori.”

 

Meanwhile Alyssa walked into the hospital room seeing Lori lying on the bed dressed in a hospital gown with Clark dabbing her forehead with a wet cloth.

 

Clark looked up smiling at his sister. “Hey Ali.”

 

Alyssa smiled in response walking over next to Lori.

 

“Thank God you’re here.” Lori exclaimed. “Clark could you get me some more crushed ice?”

 

Clark smiled and kissed her forehead taking the cup from her before walking out.

 

Lori outstretched her hand to Alyssa. She took it in hers, “How far are you?” She asked.

 

Lori sighed as the contraction passed, “I’m almost ready to go. Did you call Nick?”

 

Alyssa smiled, “He was at my place when Clark called.”

 

Lori got a shocked look on her face, “Are you two…?”

 

“Quite possibly. Let’s just say my nephew has the worst timing, ever.”

 

Lori laughed then grimaced a little, “What about Brandon?”

 

“What about him? Brandon is a sweetheart but both our hearts belong to other people. And keeping him as a friend is what I intend to do.”

 

“Does Nick know about him?”

 

Alyssa sighed, “No…”

 

Meanwhile…

 

Clark walked into the waiting room to check on everyone, “Nick? You got here fast. Did Alyssa call you on the way here?” He asked.

 

Kellie snickered, “He came in with her.” She answered.

 

Clark looked at him with raised eyebrows. “Oh really?”

 

Nick laughed a little, “Yeah your son has the absolute worst timing.”

 

Clark smiled at him, “Just like his mother. I’m glad you and Alyssa are talking again, especially with the new guy around.”

 

Nick looked over at him, “New guy, what new guy?”

 

Clark got an ‘oh shit’ look on his face, “Alyssa didn’t mention that did she?”

 

A pang of jealousy shot through Nick as he thought of Alyssa being with someone else. Having to compete for her affections with some other guy.

 

Kellie saw the look on his face and reached over putting her hand on his knee. “Don’t worry, Brandon has a girlfriend. They met at Concorde and have been hanging out ever since. She swears that they’re just friends.”

 

Nick rolled his eyes, “And when have you ever believed that?” He replied referring to when everyone knew him and Alyssa as ‘just friends’.

 

At that very instant Alyssa came running into the waiting room, “Clark they’re taking her to the delivery room, come on.” She announced as they both left the room. They walked over being handed each a set of scrubs to change into as they were led to the delivery room. Months before Lori had asked Alyssa to be in the room with her to give her something to focus on beside the cheerleader-esque nurses and what would sure to be a teary-eyed Clark.

 

Several hours later…

 

Alyssa came bounding into the waiting room with a huge cheesy grin on her face. “He’s perfect.” She announced noticing how everyone was there. The guys, Leighanne, Baylee, Kristin, and Lee.

 

Kristin smiled at Alyssa, “What does he look like?”

 

Alyssa grinned even wider, “Reddish-brown hair, the bluest eyes, he’s completely beautiful. Just so completely perfect.”

 

Nick grinned and pulled her into his arms hugging her close, a move that made everyone look at them with hopeful smiles. “Can we see him?” He asked.

 

Alyssa broke away taking his hand leading everyone into Lori’s room. She was propped up on the bed cradling her son in her arms with Clark seated next to them staring at them both adoringly.

 

Lori looked over seeing everyone walk in smiling at them. Everyone gathered around surrounding the new family smiles all around. “Everyone…Clark and I would like to present…” Lori began looking to Clark.

 

“Jameson Nickolas Monroe.” Clark finished kissing Lori’s temple.