- Text Size +
"And I actually thought you were being weird when you suggested we buy new outfits to wear out of the mall," Alana drawled with a small smile of disbelief as she ran her fingers through Zachary's dark locks, listening to him coo with affection as he tried to reach his mother's hands. Glancing to the opposite side of the limo, she was amazed to find a new person where her best friend's depression had once lurked. That is, beside a handsome man that already seemed to worship the ground she walked on. What had truly surprised her more was when they stepped out of the mall to find a stretch limousine waiting with three very handsome men inside, all holding flowers. Well, Zachary nibbling on a thorn-less rose to be exact. "Guess a tank top and ripped jeans weren't exactly the style for what I'm assuming is going to be a pretty classy place the way JC and Handsome are dressed…"

"Jeans and tank tops are always acceptable," Natalie informed her softly, running a hand through her newly shorn hair. Now shoulder length in a bob complete with wispy bangs, she had also gotten some copper highlights streaked through. "And at least Zach's clothes match," she added, admiring the khakis, white t-shirt and denim jacket the baby wore. Glancing across to Nick, she saw that he was wearing the same outfit, down to the Nike sneakers.

"Just not jeans with a hole damn near showing my ass-cheek?" Alana guessed, carefully stretching her legs as she slouched within her seat. Having only one hand free now that Zachary had captured her fingers for sucking, she brushed it down the length of her chocolate, low-rise, boot-cut pants that complimented a cream ribbed tank and chocolate striped button-down shirt. The warm colors of her outfit seeming to light the golden tones to her trimmed locks, which she allowed to lay loose behind her shoulders for once.

"I'm still surprised you didn't slaughter me for actually wearing pink next to you again," Natalie murmured, toying with the jeweled belt that looped through her low-riding jeans. "…Should I even be wearing pink with the color my hair is now? It doesn't clash, does it?" she worried, critically eyeing her pastel pink off-the-shoulder top. "And it's showing my belly… I never show my belly--"

"You should show your belly more often," JC murmured as he reached to take her hand, bringing it to his lips for a fine kiss. "You're gorgeous, Natalie."

"JC…" Natalie breathed, attempting to quell the tingle that radiated from the touch of his lips. A pang of guilt hit her when she met his eyes, and she wondered if it was right that she was having fun with another man so soon after Brian.

"It's the truth," he promised with a genuine smile.
"And you deserve this night out on the town more than anybody," Alana concluded as she felt the ease of the limousine pulling up to the curb. Gently retrieving her hand from Zachary, she leaned to kiss his cheeks repeatedly when he cried out in frustration at having lost touch with her.

"No… This night out on the town is…" Natalie trailed as the door opened. Seconds later it was being opened by the valet, and Nick was the first person out, reaching for Alana's hand to help her. Glancing towards JC, she offered him a quick smile. "You didn't tell him, did you?"

"I think he was surprised enough when I showed up at his front door with a limousine," JC laughed good naturedly as Nick ducked back in to retrieve Zachary's car seat, glancing at the odd couple once more before returning to Alana's side.

"No wonder he's looked so dazed since we got in," Natalie decided as she moved to climb out.

"What's with Tweedledee and Tweedledum in there?" Nick questioned Alana, looping his arm around her waist as they waited for them to get out of the limousine.

"They've been twitterpated with each other since the red carpet?" Alana explained simply as she shrugged her shoulders, hearing Zachary grunt, grumble, and rumble from within his car seat, writhing in order to get his mother's attention. Smiling at his desperate pleading for attention, she leaned around Nick to pull Zachary from his confines. "Hey, Sweetheart. Did'ja miss me?"

"She was out of your sight for two whole seconds," Nick laughed towards his son, lightly kissing Alana's cheek. "You look awesome tonight, Beautiful…"

"I look typical," Alana dissuaded with a soft blush, bringing Zachary against her shoulder to gently pat his back. Hearing his coo of relief as he buried his face against her neck, she struggled not to laugh at the tickling sensation, watching JC tip the valet.

"You always look awesome, though," Nick promised, following JC into the restaurant. "Any idea why he suddenly wants to take us all out?"

"He's infatuated with Natalie… So, I'm guessing he's going to do anything in his power to impress her now that she's on a heartbroken rebound. What easier way than rubbing elbows with her friends? Show that he's a genuine, all around good guy?" Alana answered with a helpless look toward her fiancée, smiling when JC held the door for her and Nick.

"But… He's… The former enemy," Nick whispered in her ear, his hand tracing small circles on her lower back as they went inside. "I thought she was so wound up in Brian that no other guy mattered--"

"Brian still is the only guy that will ever matter on her heart, but he kind of ripped her heart out and tossed it in a trashcan. She's trying to make herself feel better and if JC can help… I wouldn't blame her," Alana answered softly as they walked to a private room in the back of the expensive restaurant.

"So I shouldn't slap him for copping a feel on her ass, huh?" Nick whispered. "I mean, I'm torn, Beautiful. I know that Brian won't be with that Bitch for long, and then he'll want to pick back up with Nat, and at the same time… I want her to be happy… Kiss me and tell me to stop worrying and have fun, okay?"

"Handsome," Alana sighed as she turned just at the threshold of their private dining room, reaching to gather his white t-shirt into her hand to tug him close. Once her chest rose to meet his, she leaned up to send a soft kiss to his lips. But, when he started to pull away, she tugged him back, offering her tongue to his mouth for a quick, sensual stroke. "Stop worrying and please try to have some fun?"

"Yes ma'am," Nick promised, wrapping his arms around her waist so he could intensify the kiss.

"Don't crush Zachie," Alana warned, releasing his t-shirt to wrap her hand around the back of his neck. Pulling him closer, she released the softest moan of pleasure when his tongue swept against hers in a fury of passion.

"You two mind joining us? Or would you like us to leave and give you some privacy?" Natalie laughed.

Groaning, Nick bit down gently on Alana's bottom lip. "…We could go home?"

"We'd still have Zachie to contend with," she mumbled, carefully unwrapping herself from Nick's hold to walk toward the stylishly set table. When she noted JC's bemused smirk, she blushed heavily and brought Zachary to rest against her chest. "Sorry."

"What's all this?" Nick questioned, taking in the mass of flowers in the room. In the corner by a swinging door was a waiter, standing perfectly still as though waiting for someone to motion for him. Seeing the secretive smile on Natalie's face, he glanced to JC in confusion. "Trying to get on my good side?"

"Sort of…" JC trailed as he moved to pull out a chair for Natalie to sit before moving to do the same for Alana. "It occurred to me that no one has officially celebrated your engagement nor your pregnancy for you. Which is a shame. You should have had a grand--"

"You told him?" Nick interrupted, staring at Natalie as Alana placed Zachary's car seat in the seat next to hers.

"Actually, no. Well, not really. Alana screamed about the twins, and then I sort of let it slip that you two were engaged," Natalie clarified, smiling up at JC when he moved to sit next to her. "And then he did this…"

Alana immediately bit down on her bottom lip when Nick turned on her. "She was trying to attack me during rehearsals for the phone which is just-I didn't say anything about twins. I said about being pregnant, Natalie!"

"Whoops," Natalie squeaked.

Alana sighed as she shifted to allow Zachary to sit in her lap as he reached to play with her necklace. "I'm sorry, Handsome--"

"It's okay," Nick promised as he took his seat. Draping his arm across the back of her chair, he leaned close, offering them both a kiss. "It's nice to have it out in the open…"

"Really?" Alana breathed in surprise as Zachary giggled at the brush of his stubble.

"Really," Nick confirmed.

"Awe," Natalie cooed, nudging JC so he would take note of the sweet moment. She had to smile when Zachary's hands crept up, one resting on Alana's cheek, the other on Nick's. They were such a beautiful family.

"So… It's safe for me to sit down?" JC questioned as he jumped slightly at the nudge of an elbow. Reaching for the disposable camera sitting in the middle of the table, he made sure to capture the moment on film, knowing it was safer just to have a disposable camera at the event instead of a professional photographer. The waiters had already signed confidentiality waivers.

"It's safe," Nick assured him , offering Alana a gentle kiss.

"Can we get some ginger ale?" Natalie requested. "I'd suggest champagne, but 'Lana can't have any of that right now."

"Y'all can have champagne and I am quite fine with some Sprite or 7-Up." Alana assured with smile as JC waved for the waiter to come over and take their orders. Leaning, Alana retrieved Zachary's favorite rattle from his seat to play with. At his excited squeal, she gently bounced her legs to entertain the baby as he gummed on his rattle. "And, thank you so much for this, JC. Everyone's been busy…"

"It's no trouble whatsoever. From the way Bubbles talks about you two…" JC shrugged.

"Bubbles?" Nick sputtered.

"Cute…" Alana murmured as she pressed a hand to her glossed lips, truly fighting a snort of laughter.

"It's embarrassing," Natalie murmured, shaking her head.

"That means that we have definitely got to hear the story," Alana concluded as Nick ordered an endless amount of food before allowing JC to order. She glanced to him for a moment of confusion, hoping that most of it was his.

"You're eating for three, Beautiful," he reminded her with a grin.

"I'm not telling the story," Natalie decided, glancing towards JC. "You do it."

"I bet she snorted champagne," Alana guessed.

"Not so elegant as that…" JC chuckled as he ordered for himself and allowed Natalie to do the same. When the waiter disappeared behind the swinging door, JC reached to hold Natalie's hand before offering Alana the basket of warm breadsticks. When she declined, he handed them to Nick, knowing he would get her to eat. "Natalie was just so warm and chipper the first time I met her. Squealing and happy. Her eyes were dancing. She was so…"

"Bubbly," Nick finished dryly.

"Exactly."

"In other words I was a teenybopper," Natalie groaned as Nick placed a breadstick in Alana's hand. Almost unconsciously, it seemed, Alana began to nibble on it. "I think I'd rather have snorted champagne…"

"I was waiting for her to quote on one of your songs," Alana answered honestly as she took the smallest flakes of the breadstick to feed to Zachary, laughing when he resounded with a loud 'mmmm.'

"You're the one to do that," Natalie reminded her with a soft laugh as the waiter returned with their drinks. "Sweet Thang…"

"Can I hold Zachary?" JC requested. "I asked Nick if I could earlier, but the look he gave me made me feel like he wouldn't trust me holding a dog leash…"

"Please just don't feed him anything unless you're certified in the Heimlich Maneuver for infants," Alana requested as she moved to stand, crossing the large table to hand Zachary to JC. She flinched slightly when Zachary began to fuss in the stranger's arms, so she leaned down to place the gentlest kisses over his face. When he began to coo, she easily inched away, making sure to keep herself within the infant's sight.

"'Lana's protective," Natalie murmured as she took a sip of her ginger ale.

"That's understandable," JC replied with a nod, grinning when Zachary gripped his finger. "Mommies are allowed to be protective, aren't they, little guy?"

"Ma!" Zachary seemed to agree loudly, causing JC to lean backward in surprise as the little boy's other hand reached out for Alana.

"I can't help it," Alana murmured, easing back into her seat.

"I think it's wonderful," Nick approved as he spread some softened butter onto another breadstick. Handing it to Alana, he reached to do the same to another for himself. Glancing up towards the waiter, he motioned for the man to bring more breadsticks. Suddenly, he was starved. Glancing towards JC, he smiled when he saw his son snuggling slightly against the man, pulling the finger he held into his mouth.

"That slobber is no extra charge," Alana mentioned to JC as Natalie laughed appropriately and she broke a piece of the bread to eat.

"If you had to pay, you'd be broke in a week," Natalie quipped, leaning to kiss Zachary's cheeks. He was grinning around JC's finger, small feet kicking with excitement at being the center of attention.

"You saying Snot Sucker slobbers a lot?" Nick questioned playfully.

"And if I am?"

"I won't invite you to stay with me and Snot Sucker while Beautiful's on tour."

"JC's offered me his bed-I mean, his guest bedroom--"

"I don't think you two know each other well enough to be staying an entire month in his guest bedroom. No offense, JC."

"Thank you for your input, Daddy Nicky."

"Don't sass me--"

"Handsome," Alana chided, leaning to press a soft kiss to the side of his face. She knew that given the opportunity, Natalie and Nick would attack at one another without precedent. It would only take a few more words about her living arrangements that would almost indefinitely lead to Brian, which would just be an explosion. She wanted to stop that as soon as possible. "Food's here."

"But she--" Nick cut off when his plate was placed before him. Rubbing his hands in anticipation, he glanced over to Natalie, watching her take Zachary into her arms. As the boy cooed over her necklace, she reached for his diaper bag, tucking him against her side so she could offer him his bottle. Realizing that if he got her mad she would no doubt refuse to help him with Zachary while Alana was on tour, he swallowed his irritation before clearing his throat. "Sorry, Nat. You're an adult, you can make your own decisions. But… I'd appreciate it if you stayed with me and Snot Sucker. He likes you-not as much as he likes Beautiful, but enough that you can keep him calmed down when he's really missing her."

"They need a woman in the house so they're not both laying on the couch in diapers, nibbling on cold, stale pizza, Allie," Alana suggested as she leaned back so her plate of chicken alfredo pasta could be set before her. Nodding a thanks toward the waiter, she lifted her fork to poke around at the heaping helping of food. She had tried to avoid the thought of having to leave Zachary while she went on tour. A month didn't seem like a lot to an adult, but it seemed like an eternity when she considered Zachary. She was supposed to be his mother and she was abandoning him as if he were nothing. And, somehow, deep inside her, no matter how hellish the thought, she hoped that Natalie couldn't replace her during that month. Just asking God to allow Natalie to keep Zachary happy, but to always remember her.

"So basically… I'll be babysitting two drooling babies," Natalie concluded with a smile as she dropped a kiss to Zachary's head before digging into her steaming lasagna. "I guess I can handle it…"

"Oh, you'll be doing so much more than babysitting! You'll be cooking, cleaning, making the beds, doing the dishes…" Nick ticked off each item on his fingers. "And changing diapers, soothing colic, easing the pain of new teeth coming in…"

Making a face, Natalie glanced towards JC. "You'll keep me from going crazy during the next month, right?"

"I'd rather just stay home and do it all," Alana murmured when JC hesitated slightly, poking at a strip of grilled chicken.

"Don't worry, 'Lana. The month will fly by, you'll see. And I know Nicky's going to fly out with Zach some to see you," Natalie promised with a glance at Nick.

"Absolutely. You think I'm going to let the whole month pass without seeing you, Beautiful?"

"The thought had crossed my mind," she admitted, furrowing her brows as she studied her plate of food, suddenly not too hungry.

"Beautiful?" Nick murmured, reaching to brush his fingers across her cheek. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing…" she trailed with a helpless shrug of her shoulders, taking a bite of her food before someone started to protest at her lack of appetite. "Just going over songs in my head, y'know? Each song and how it's performed… I don't want to screw up…"

"You'll do great," Nick promised, lightly tickling her neck until she turned to look at him. "Snot Sucker and me are going to be rooting for you all the way. You're going to knock everybody off their ass."

"Thanks," she whispered, holding up some chicken alfredo for him to taste. There was no point in worrying him. No point in making him feel bad because her career was successful. And absolutely no need to condemn the men that worked so hard to get her here. She should be proud and happy.

"I love you," he murmured around the mouthful of food. Licking his lips, he offered her a grin, feeling a slight relief when she smiled in return. Leaning close, he breathed in the scent of her, nibbling gently on her bottom lip before pulling her close for a harder kiss.

"I love you, too, Handsome, so much," Alana whispered against his lips, dropping her fork to the table as she brought her arms around his neck.

"…I can see why they're engaged," JC murmured as he took the opportunity to take a photograph of the couple. "I just can't see why they're not telling people."

"Nicky's a private person," Natalie explained softly, gently shifting Zachary to her shoulder when his sucking eased. Setting the bottle on the table, she began to rub his back. "And he's also an extremely jealous person… Plus, with her just starting on a tour, he wants to give her an opportunity to stretch her wings. He doesn't want her to think that he's trying to keep her tied down with the whole family thing…"

"He told you all this?"

"Lord, no. I just know how Nicky is. And how much he loves her."

"You two are close…"

"He's the annoying older brother that I really, really, never wanted…"

"You really should stay with him over the month."

"I will. But I want you to know that I appreciate your generous offer of letting me stay, JC…"

"I'd do anything for a gorgeous woman such as yourself, Natalie."

"So you just offer your spare bedroom to anyone?"

"I haven't found any gorgeous women besides you, well, except for Alana, but she's engaged and Nick could completely kick my ass, and I'd rather look at you any day out of the year."

"I know you're going to… Wherever… To work on your album," Natalie murmured, glancing to see Nick and Alana still kissing, immersed in one another. Which Natalie knew was a good thing. The next month would be Hell for them both, despite Nick's plans on going out to see Alana on tour. Turning her attention back to JC, she smiled slightly. "But… If you come out to California for whatever reason, I'd like it if we could see each other."

"I would love that and will most definitely make a point to come back to visit with you," JC eagerly agreed, reaching for the hand rubbing Zachary's back to press a kiss to her knuckles.

"Maybe when you do, you'll feel comfortable enough to give me a real kiss?" Natalie suggested with gentle blush, letting her thumb graze his chin.

"I just naturally assumed that you weren't ready--"

"I'm through waiting for him," Natalie whispered, willing herself not to cry. Not again. At least, not now.

"I'll find that out the next time we see each other," JC murmured, leaning close to press a chaste kiss against the corner of her mouth. "Until then, that'll have to do."

"You two finished making out?" Nick questioned suddenly.

"Shut up, Nick!" Natalie screeched, hurling a breadstick toward him out of habit.

"I'm just thinking your food's getting cold," Nick explained with a chuckle, flinging the breadstick back at her.

"Would you two stop acting like toddlers?" Alana suggested with a groan as the breadstick collided with Zachary's back and she reached to punch Nick in the shoulder.

"Now see what you did?" Natalie hissed at Nick as Zachary startled in her arms, starting to whimper softly in his sleep. Cooing, she got to her feet, walking him around so he could be in the safety of his mother's arms.

"Hey, my handsome little man," Alana murmured against the top of his head as she laid him over her shoulder, gently patting his back as his whimpers grew louder at the shift. But, as she hummed softly, he drifted back into a perfect sleep. Reaching out, he rested a tiny hand on her mouth to feel the movement of her lips as she sang.

Grabbing Natalie's hand before she could walk back to her chair, Nick looked up at her, tugging her so she'd lean close. "Don't be mad at me," he whispered as JC snapped a photograph of Alana and Zachary. "I just don't want you to get hurt…"

"I won't get hurt," Natalie insisted with a shaky smile. "Not anymore."

*~*~*

Sitting down on the large blanket he had spread in front of the dune, Nick motioned for Alana to sit in front of him as he leaned back, grateful he had thought to bring large cushions out for them to lean against. Once she was settled between his legs, he drew her close, loosely wrapping his arms around her waist, smiling when Zachary's hands reached to clutch his fingers. Resting his head on Alana's shoulder, he drew in a deep breath. Their last night together before her tour started. He had grown accustomed to waking up with her, to smelling her scent on his shirt long after she embraced him. He wondered if she had any idea how much he was going to miss her.

"As nice as it was going to a fancy dinner with JC and Natalie, I've got to say that this dinner tonight was one of the best. Hot dogs roasted on a fire and s'mores as dessert… And getting to eat all the marshmallows you burned so we didn't waste any," Alana murmured softly as she leaned back against Nick, knowing he would support her as she gently cradled Zachary in her lap. Their private spot of beach was quiet and undisturbed at a distance from their home, the only sound the crackling of the bonfire and the crashing of the ocean waves. It was comfortable with the glow of the moon and stars glistening against the warm glow of the fire. If she could have asked for a better way to spend her last night at home, she was positive that she couldn't name it. Especially as she looked to her son playing with her fiancé's fingers, gurgling toward her with a pleased smile as he found his father's hand.

"Not to mention that really healthy burp you let out when I was burping Snot Sucker," Nick added with a smile, brushing his lips across her shoulder.

"I was moved to inspiration by Zachie," Alana defended as she clicked her tongue toward the infant, eliciting a giggle from him as he thrust his bare feet upward for a tickle. "And, I ate better tonight than any other day and I know you were worried about that so--"

"Just admit it, Beautiful. I bring out the best in you," he teased.

"You do bring out the best in me," she admitted in the utmost seriousness, her voice soft.

"You bring out the best in me, too," he murmured, reaching into the basket. Digging around in the bottom, he wrinkled his nose when his fingers came into contact with a stray, melted marshmallow.

"Looks like you bring out the best in yourself, too," Alana murmured with a smirk as she glanced sideways to see why his body had tensed. "And here I thought you'd be sexually frustrated when I left…"

"I'm trying to get to the…" Nick trailed, wiping his fingers clean with a diaper wipe. Pulling the basket closer, he smiled when he saw the jewelry box lying in the bottom. "Close your eyes, Beautiful…"

"If you're whipping out Charge, don't you think you might want to tuck--" Alana yelped slightly when she felt Nick's hand slide over her eyes, forcing them closed. "Okay! Closed!"

"That's better," Nick murmured with a soft laugh, kissing her shoulder as he placed the box into Zachary's hands. "Son, give Mommy her present…"

"Maa!" Zachary squealed as he brought the small black box to his mouth, thrusting the corner into his mouth as his feet brushed against her chest. "Maa!"

"Don't eat it! Give it to Mommy!" Nick chided with a grin, reaching to gently pull the box from Zachary's mouth. Prying open the lid, he kissed Alana's neck. "You can open your eyes now."

"Okay," Alana consented, allowing her eyes to gently flutter open, not expecting to look down to see the jewelry box perched in Nick's hands. She gasped in shock as she looked down at the white gold heart with her birthstone resting at the top. Trailing her finger over the sleek curve of the open heart, she sniffled when she touched the dangling amethyst at the point of the heart. "His birthstone…"
"Ma," Zachary pouted as he reached up for her.

"Zach picked it out for you," Nick murmured. "And we can add the birthstones of the twins after they're born--"

"Handsome," Alana whispered as she pulled her hand back from the necklace, using it to furiously rub away the tears springing to her eyes. She had never expected to be given a piece of mother's jewelry ever again. She had closed her mind to the entire idea, too afraid of having children again. Yet, there she rested with two of the men she loved more than anything in the entire world, waiting for two more loves to join them in the upcoming months. It was breathtaking to say the very least, especially as she rubbed her throat in a vain attempt to dislodge the lump. "T-Thank you so much…"

"Hey…" Nick whispered, pulling her closer to him. "There's no reason to cry, Beautiful… You like it, don't you?"

"I love it," she promised with a sniffle as Zachary eyed her with worry. "It's gorgeous…"

"Here," he murmured, reaching to pluck the necklace from its box. Unhooking the clasp, he drew it around her neck, sweeping her hair aside with his cheek, offering soft, reassuring kisses to the back of her neck as he clasped the necklace. "It's shorter than the other one… Hopefully they won't get tangled--"

"Colt wouldn't fight with his younger brother," Alana whispered as she brought a trembling hand to her throat, gently running a finger over the ring before moving to touch the heart. She had hid her pain of Colton's death for so very long. Had tried to make him nonexistent to those who knew her, wanting to make him a burden instead of a sweet memory. The agony of his death had just been so hard on her, especially when her marriage broke apart. She had been convinced her life was over, but, in the strangest of ways, Colton had led her to Nick.

"Zach might fight with him, though," Nick murmured, hoping to pull a smile from her as he began to gently knead her shoulder. Glancing down at Zachary, he saw their son was concentrating on the box he continued to hold, feet rubbing slowly against Alana's stomach. "Look at him, he's already beating up his baby brothers…"

"He's not beating them up," Alana sniffled with a small smile as she reached down to brush her fingers through his thickening raven locks. "He's patting them goodnight… Kind of like his own version of a hug… With his stinky feet…"

"His feet don’t stink," Nick argued. "They smell like baby powder--"

"Then I have to be smelling you," Alana decided as she watched Zachary's eyes slowly start to droop with exhaustion, causing the box to fall against his stomach. Reaching carefully, she set the box aside, allowing him to grasp her fingers instead. To say that she would miss her son was a vast understatement on her part. She loved knowing that he'd wake her up in the morning with coos in the monitor.

"Hey, I took a shower before we came down to the beach--"

"Hell, maybe it's me."

"You smell sweet. Like always," Nick promised, nibbling softly on her neck.

"You're just trying to get laid before I leave," Alana teased, though she shivered just the same underneath his persuasion.

"You're not allowed to have sex the night before your tour starts," Nick informed her with an air of knowledge, his tongue moving in slow circles behind her ear.

"Why is that?" she inquired, her voice catching when he drew the lobe of her ear into his mouth for a warm suckle. Shivering, Alana looked down to Zachary, thankful that he was sound asleep.

"Have to save all of your energy," Nick murmured, reaching around her to gently lift Zachary off her lap. Releasing her earlobe, he leaned to carefully place his son in the infant carrier, making sure to strap him in before draping the soft blue fleece blanket over him. "Which means only one thing," he continued, turning his attention back to Alana.

"That you're sending me inside for a cold shower and an early bedtime?" Alana guessed with a soft groan as Zachary was freed from her arms. Shifting, she moved to collect her flip-flops and crawl off the blanket.

"No," Nick quickly dissuaded, grabbing her hand to pull her into his lap so she was facing him. Wrapping his arms around her waist to hold her against him, he offered her a grin. "It means I get to do all the work…"

"With Zachary sleeping right next to us?" Alana questioned in surprise, though she offered a grin just the same.

"He's fast asleep, won't hear a thing, but we can try to be quiet?" Nick suggested, fingers pushing the hem of his t-shirt she wore upwards.

"I'm just interested in seeing you do all the work," Alana purred as she reached to catch his lips in a sweet kiss. Feeling his lips give into her kiss, she offered a soft moan as her tongue trailed the outer edge of his lips, loving the sweet taste of him before she delved into his mouth.

"So lay back and let me get to work," Nick suggested with a hard moan, leaning back so he could slowly peel the t-shirt from her body.

"Yes, sir," Alana laughed with a shiver of delight as the ocean winds brushed against her bare skin, sweeping a damp chill against the bikini top and bottoms. She had spent the earlier part of the evening playing with Zachary in the ocean, loving the way he reacted to the cool waters lapping over his body. It was something she would remember as the tour carried on. Though, her thoughts trailed elsewhere as Nick laid her on the soft fleece blanket and her breath caught, causing her chest to rise against him.

"You're wearing too many clothes," Nick decided softly, reaching to untie the knot that rested in the center of her cleavage as he trailed his lips down her neck. Soft tendrils of her long hair tickled his cheek and he savored the sensation, hoping to burn it into his memory. Parting her bikini top, he spread the material aside, nibbling on her collarbone as his fingers curved gently around her breasts.

"I don't know if I can let you do all the work," Alana whined softly as the pad of his thumb circled over her right nipple, slowly working to bring it to a tortured peak. Feeling his teeth nip at her collarbone while his thumb followed over to the other nipple for the same delicious torment, she arched her back in order to meet his hips, hoping to feel the burn of his erection. Her hands tangled haphazardly within his platinum locks, wanting to anchor herself as she heaved a ragged breath of delight.

"I want to do all the work," Nick whispered, dipping his head to catch one peaked nipple between his lips. Alternating from a gentle suckle to fevered nips, he arched his hips against hers, hoping to relieve the throbbing arousal, if only slightly. His hands slid down the length of her torso in feather-light strokes. Thumbs lazily hooking in the bikini bottoms, he lifted his head, gazing into her eyes as he leaned back, slowly pulling the bottoms down her legs.

"I ain't promising nothing," Alana murmured as she pulled her knees up to help draw the bottoms away from her body, cradling him against her.

"You're allowed to give me a hand… If you want," Nick informed her as he wet his lips, hands creeping to remove his shirt.

"Didn't you just tell me that you wanted to do all the work?" Alana questioned with bemusement while she leaned back on the blanket, slightly propping herself up with her elbows. She watched him slowly inching to remove his shirt as if he were waiting for her to help. But, she didn't, enjoying the show that he was giving her. "I'm thinking you might even have to bring yourself to an orgasm."

"I can do that," Nick promised, tossing his shirt aside. Standing, he slowly eased his shorts down over his hips, sucking in a breath when the cool ocean breeze wafted over his arousal. Kneeling before her, he sat back on his heels, idly running his fingers along his hipbone as he regarded her.

Alana arched her brows in a curious nature, shifting to prop herself up higher. If he was actually going to pleasure himself in front of her, she was almost certain that he wouldn't even need her afterwards. She had never been one to watch him during those private moments. Something just seemed intruding about the whole manner. Not to mention she even blushed when Aaron suggested that he had walked in on his brother. "What are you doing, Handsome?"

"Sitting here waiting for you to tell me if I'm going to have to do it myself or if we're going to help each other," Nick answered with a smile, one hand falling to rest on her thigh.

"I could help you…" Alana agreed with a furtive nod, pushing herself up into a seated position so she was closer to her lover. Taking a deep breath, she leaned in to his neck, offering the softest of kisses to the flesh of his throat. Swirling her tongue against his salty skin with each kiss, she pressed her hands to his chest, tracing the outline of his body till she felt the tapering of his hips. Flicking her tongue against his collarbone, she pulled her hands inward to delicately trace the length of his erection.

"If you help me too much… I'll explode," Nick panted, the pent-up desire for her causing him to tremble at her touch.

"I'm barely touching you," Alana laughed softly, bringing her hands away from his throbbing length to trace the contours of his back till she hugged him. Finding his lips with hers, she offered a smoldering kiss as means to explore the depth of his passion.

"It's been a long time since you've barely touched me," Nick explained, hands sliding around her waist before moving to pull her thighs around him. Laying her back slowly, he bit back a growl when her wet heat slid over him, sending a shudder of excitement through his body. He truly ached to feel her surround him, to once again enjoy the sensation of being one with her.

"I know," she agreed with a soft sigh of disappointment, helping to secure herself against him when she was fully resting upon the blanket. Tangling her fingers within his damp, platinum locks, she studied the depth of his dark sapphire irises, seeing the disappointment lurking just within the glow of the firelight. "I'm so sorry, Handsome. I know it's been rough on you. I've been gone so much when I'm supposed to be with you and Zachary… Supposed to be enjoying my pregnancy and engagement with you…"

"Hey, it's okay," Nick promised, leaning close to offer a soft kiss of reassurance. He never wanted her to think that he was jealous of her career, nor did he want her to feel guilty for pursuing it. "The world gets you for another month, and then you're all ours to spoil rotten."

"I want to spoil you two rotten first and then start spoiling the twins," Alana disagreed with a small smile as she brought him down for another kiss. She didn't bother telling him that after the tour AJ and Howie were shipping her into the studio to start recording for the rest of her album. There would be breaks, that much was promised, but she wouldn't be solely devoted to Nick or their children, unfortunately. "I don't want spoiled."

"But I like spoiling you, Beautiful," Nick whispered, nibbling gently on her lower lip as his hand traveled upwards to cup her face.

"What happens if I go bad from all the spoiling?"

"Then I get to spank you…"

She wrinkled her nose at the thought. "I think I'll behave."

"Okay," he murmured with a smile, pressing a trail of kisses along her cheek. "…Where were we?"

"I was kind of hoping that you'd start making love to me so I have something to savor when I'm all alone in bed at some lousy hotel," Alana whispered as she raked her nails lightly against his bare back, tightening her legs around him in order to bring him closer. Shivering when she felt his erection slide against the opening to her moist heat, she nibbled on his earlobe in order to entice him further. "Make love to me, Handsome."

"Gladly," he moaned softly, pulling back slightly so he could thrust gently into her. Whispering her name when she arched up to meet him, her body taking him completely and quickly. Just as she had taken his heart from the first moment he had seen her.

"God," Alana breathed in delight at the flood of warmth that entered her with his thrust, weightless as Nick laid her back against the blanket to work a slow, steady rhythm of his hips against hers. She bit down hard on her bottom lip to control the burgeoning heat of her passion, realizing that the threshold she had for him previously would no where near help the anxiousness of her release this time. It had been far too long and she needed him way too much. "I love you so much, Nickalicious. You're all that I'm ever going to need in life."

"I need you more," Nick gasped, one hand falling to the blanket as means of support as his other moved to pull her leg tighter around him. The pleasure of being with her swept over him like a tidal wave, causing him to cry out softly, though the wind quickly carried the sound away.

"You're going to wake up the baby," Alana whimpered as she curved her arms around his neck, pulling him down close to her. Feeling his gasps of breath against her face, she arched to move her hips against his, catching his lips against hers when he called out once more. Drowning the fervor of his calls against her lips, she thrust her tongue against his, surging with the pace of his thrusts.

Sucking her tongue deeper into his mouth, Nick clawed at the blanket, sucking harder with each powerful thrust of his hips. "So close, Beautiful," he murmured into her mouth. "So close…"

"Just tell me when," she agreed, drawing one hand behind her head to rest over his clenched fistful of blanket, tucking her legs tighter against him as she drew him deeper into her core.

"Not without you," he requested, leaning back slightly.

"I'm ready," she whole heartedly promised as Nick plunged deeper than ever before, causing her to cry with sheer ecstasy.

Pulling her up against him, Nick crashed his lips to hers, hands gripping her hips as they moved together. "I love you," he promised with a hot breath against her tongue, hoping to draw out the pleasure for as long as possible. "So much--"

"I love you, too," she promised with a mumble before she flicked her tongue within his mouth at the pace of their moving hips. Feeling firecrackers exploding down the nerve pathways of her body, she trapped her fingers within his sweaty locks, wanting to hold him as close to her as possible. Knowing in a few hours as the sun began to rise that she would have to release him so she could fulfill an obligation to her new labor.

"God," Nick whined as his body began to shudder with the beginnings of his release. Curling his fingers in her moist curls, he thrust up into her deeply, holding himself there for several seconds before pulling back to repeat the movement.

"Nick," Alana actually squealed with delight, burying her face into the crook of his neck while her nails dug into the flesh of his back.

"Now," he gasped.

Holding her breath, Alana could barely agree when Nick drove into her for a final time. Keeping himself within the warmth of her, there was an explosion of warm fluids and her body tensed to pull him further inside. The eruption of emotions rushed over her body like a flood of molten lava, warming every inch of her body. Crackles of delight ripped down her spine as she cried out against his shoulder and tears started to flood her eyes. He always knew how to love her just right.

Letting out a shout as the pleasure ripped from his body, Nick clung to Alana, gasping against her neck as he struggled to regain his equilibrium. His entire body shuddered with the aftershocks of his release as he began to smooth her hair, wondering how he would survive even one day without her.

"Guess it's a good thing that I'm already pregnant, otherwise, I think that time would have done it again," Alana whispered against the top of Nick's head. He was still laying over her in a quiet state, shivering against the cool water brushing over his sweaty body. Exhaling a calming breath, Alana reached to draw them into a cocoon with their warm blanket. Her breathing was labored from the ecstasy, but she wholly satisfied.

Chuckling softly, Nick brushed a soft kiss over her shoulder as he snuggled closer. "Well, when we want another baby, I'll remember to bring you down to the beach--"

"Maa?"

"Please tell me that he just woke up," Alana groaned as her entire body seemed to flush with embarrassment. Detangling herself from Nick's hold, she carefully crawled toward the infant seat, peeling the blanket back to see a pair of sleepy cobalt eyes searching for her. When she cooed a hello, Zachary gave her a toothless grin. Unbuckling him from the seat, she carefully freed him from his onesie and stripped him to his diaper, bring him back to the blanket to snuggle on her bare chest. "You want to lay with Mommy and Daddy, huh?"

"Maa," Zachary cooed in response, nestling his head beneath her chin as he sighed happily.

Smiling, Nick draped an arm around both, resting his head next to Alana's on the blanket. Enjoying the post-lovemaking glow, he dipped his head to kiss Zachary's cheek, savoring the closeness of their family as sound of the waves breaking calmed him. "Didn't you know? When a parent has sex, their body emits a hormone that travels to their child and makes them awake and want something…"

"I love a man who quotes Jeff Foxworthy," Alana confessed with a small smile as she brought the blanket around them once more, rubbing Zachary's back in a languid manner. The little boy's hand reached up to rest on her face, splaying his tiny fingers over her cheek as he rambled softly. It sounded as if he were speaking in his sleep. Starting to play with the boy's raven locks, she released a soft sigh. "I'm going to miss you two so much."

"We're going to miss you, too," Nick promised, snuggling closer as Zachary's hand slid to toy with the heart pendant resting on Alana's chest. His other hand slid to catch the ring on his thumb, bringing it to rest against his mouth as he suckled his thumb. "Atta boy," Nick murmured, his hand meeting Alana's on Zachary's back.

"Atta boy?" Alana asked Nick with confusion. "Why'd you say that?"

"He has to show respect to Colton," Nick explained softly, twining his fingers with hers. "I want him to grow up knowing everything about the older brother he never got to meet. I want him to love him just as much as I do."

"Nick…" she whispered in surprise, blinking back a heavy flood of tears at his sweet dedication to the son that she had lost. They never really spoke about Colton, except for the day when she confessed that he had died. She naturally assumed that Nick considered him a part of her past. Someone to merely recognize on the date of his birth and death. But to have him say that he loved Colton. Her heart ached at the overwhelming hope that he brought her.

"Colton's a part of you, Beautiful," Nick murmured. "And I love everything about you. I… I looked through your scrapbooks of him, saw how happy you both were when he was alive. I know how much he meant to you, Alana. And loving you means loving and respecting his memory…"

"Daa, Maa…" Zachary added, as though concurring all of Nick's statements.

"Nick, he just said Daa," Alana whispered in sudden awe, sniffling before she glanced to him to ensure that he had heard as well.

Sitting up slightly, Nick stared down at Zachary, his eyes filling with tears. "I heard…"

"Zachie, where's your Daddy?" Alana enticed as she pressed an encouraging kiss to the top of his head. She wanted to hear him say it again.

"Daa Maa," Zachary murmured, turning his head to gaze at Nick.

"Handsome," Alana squealed in surprise as she reached for his arm. "He's calling for you!"

"Hey, Son," Nick murmured in surprise, leaning close. Resting his forehead against Zachary's, he gazed into his son's eyes by the glow of the slowly dying fire, so mesmerized and overwhelmed he felt hot tears pool. "I love you…"

"Daa," Zachary gurgled as he tugged on his father's ear, wrinkling his nose with a grunt at his closeness. "Daa!"

"Well excuse me," Nick laughed, blowing a raspberry against his cheeks before letting his head rest on Alana's shoulder. "See, you're being all cute and loving with me tonight…"

"Maa?" Zachary murmured in a questioning tone, though he feigned all innocence toward his father with a giggle.

"Forgotten already," Nick sighed dramatically. "Knowing my luck he'll start saying Nat's name before he says mine again."

"He just don't know what you're talking about," Alana defended as Zachary reached to his father to continue to play with his earlobe. "Only being sweet and loving tonight. As if he ain't all cute and loving all the time."

"Right… I'll remind you of that statement when he's kickboxing my balls again--"

"Well you should know better and duct tape'em up when you change him," Alana interrupted sweetly, leaning to brush her lips against his.

"And just how am I supposed to remove the duct tape without causing myself excruciating pain-Wait! Nat'll be here! She can change his diapers all month--"

"I'm sure she'll be delighted," Alana murmured when she dropped a kiss to the top of Zachary's head, inhaling the soft scent of his baby shampoo. Tomorrow morning, she would wake up early in order to take a wonderfully bubbly bath with the infant tomorrow. She would take time to enjoy all the tasks of taking care of him before going to the mini-rehearsal before the concert. Just so he wouldn't forget her.

"When we get back into the house, how does a nice bubble bath sound?" Nick suggested softly as Zachary's eyes drifted closed.

"With you or by myself?" Alana inquired as she broke their intertwined hands to gently trace the tips of her fingers along Zachary's bare back.

"I was hoping with me…"

"Sounds like Heaven, Beautiful."