- Text Size +
Toying with the soft towel draped around her neck, Alana whistled softly to herself as she walked out into the back parking lot of the arena. She had just finished with a quick shower and dressed in a pair of boy-cut boxers and a tank top, assuming no one would be clamoring for an autograph in the middle of the night. She was just going to her tour bus and probably falling into bed for a very long sleep till they arrived in New York City. Though, she didn't think she'd be sleeping, though she'd tell her road companions, AJ and Howie, otherwise. She had just completed her first concert and the response had been overwhelming. The crowd had fallen in love with her, actually jumping to their feet for a standing ovation when she finished her last song and started to introduce Brian. She had been in near tears at the appreciation for her singing, but the tears had rained when she saw all her friends lined in the front row with various posters of support - Nick's far larger and romantic in nature. But what had struck her was the way Natalie bolted from the arena once she had finished her set, knowing in her heart that Natalie wouldn't have the courage to bid her goodbye. Not that she blamed her—

"You were so awesome!" Natalie's voice squealed suddenly, and, looking over, Alana saw her friend hopping off the tour bus, racing across the parking lot to envelope her in a tight hug. "I told you you'd be awesome and you were beyond awesome--"

"Natalie!" Alana yelped in shock as she was propelled backward from the power of Natalie's crushing embrace, causing them both to topple onto the asphalt and her messenger bag of entertainment to go flying across the parking lot.

"Ohmigod! Sorry!" Natalie squeaked, rolling away. Scuttling across the parking lot to gather Alana's things, she glanced up to see AJ, Howie and Nick coming out, Nick carrying a sleeping Zachary.

"It's okay, Allie," Alana laughed ruefully as she brushed her gritty hands across her bare legs before clamoring to her feet. Straightening, her hands immediately went to her backside to clear away the rocks. "Nothing like some brush-burn on the ass-cheeks."

"Blame it on Nicky…" Natalie trailed as she began tucking the things back into Alana's messenger bag.

"Blame what on me?" Nick questioned as he placed Zachary's carrier in AJ's hands before enveloping Alana in a giant hug.

"My brush-burned ass," Alana answered as she wrapped her arms around his neck, fighting a squeal when he lifted her completely off the ground.

"I'll kiss it better before you leave," he promised, squeezing her tightly. She had wowed him-everyone-with her set. "I'm so proud of you, Beautiful--"

"Yeah?" Alana breathed with interruption, pulling her head back slightly to catch his eyes, though she was still perched in the air. "You liked it?"

"I loved it," Nick confirmed with a heartfelt grin before pulling her in for a kiss.

"Everyone loved it," Howie added, grunting when AJ pushed the infant carrier into his hands.

"Usually that's what a standing ovation means. I don't even think we got that kind of shit on our first performance," AJ interjected as he nudged Nick hard in the ribs, pulling him away from the kiss and making him drop Alana to her feet with a grimace. Giving himself the opportunity to leap in for a twirl of a hug and whirlwind of kisses to her face. "You were brilliant! Fantastic! A wet dream to come!"

"This was a Christian event, dumbass," Natalie murmured with a scowl.

"And I guaran-damn-tee you that all the men in the audience will be having wet dreams!" AJ insisted.

"Because I was just the picture of seduction in a pair of Converses, ripped jeans and one of Handsome's t-shirts," Alana laughed as AJ dipped her.

"Women are always sexier in a man's clothes," AJ informed with a grin, leaning close to kiss her cheeks noisily. "Now c'mon! On the bus! I have to get the closest bunk to you before Howie does!"

"You go ahead and claim that bunk, but I have to say goodbye," Alana suggested as she detangled herself from AJ's hold, fussing with her clothing to make sure it hung appropriately along her body. Feeling a sharp pinch against her backside, she jutted a foot behind her to catch AJ's backside, causing him to stumble forward. "You'll be lucky that I don't just curl up with Daddy D and call it a night!"

"Howie drools like a toothless old man with a glandular problem!" AJ yelped.

"I-I'll wait on the bus to say goodbye," Natalie murmured suddenly, shoving AJ onto the bus ahead of her before jumping aboard.

Howie pushed the infant carrier into Nick's hand, glancing down to make sure Zachary remained asleep. Turning to Alana, he offered her a quick hug. "You did great, Sweetie."

"Thanks, Howie," Alana murmured as she squeezed him back, feeling the peck of a kiss against her cheek. He would most certainly give her further commentary once they were on the road, but understood this would be the hardest part of the evening. Glancing down to her fuzzy purple flip-flops, she released the smallest of sighs. She really didn't want to say goodbye, especially to the man she loved. Fiddling with the engagement ring on her finger, she looked to the infant carrier to see Zachary sleeping soundly. Leaning, she fixed the blanket over his body to protect him from the slight chill in the air.

"Hey," Nick whispered, cupping her cheek in his palm. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he stepped closer, kissing her forehead softly. "We're not saying goodbye, okay?"

"Then what are we doing?" she questioned, her voice barely raising above his whisper, feeling him dip to gently set Zachary's carrier on the ground.

"We're just saying 'see you later', Beautiful. In three days we're meeting you--"

"You're meeting me in three days where?" Alana interrupted as she looked up to Nick in bewilderment, ignorant of the tears starting to slide down her caramel cheeks.

"In Atlantic City--"

"You're coming to Atlantic City? Why?"

"To spend the day with you on the boardwalk," Nick answered, tracing her cheeks with his thumbs. "Snot Sucker and me are flying out, and I threatened AJ and Howie with bodily harm if they so much as scheduled a call-in radio interview for you that day. We're going to walk the boardwalk, eat ice cream, play in the water, and after your concert, Howie's babysitting Snot Sucker so you and me can go out for a late dinner…"

"Handsome…" Alana trailed with a strangled sigh that fought against the sob building in her throat. Shifting to pull his hands away from her face, she stepped against him to wind her arms around his waist, pressing her head against his chest for a moment of comfort. "Thank you so much."

"And we're spending the rest of the weekend with you," Nick added, wrapping his arms tightly around her. Reveling once more in the happiness her love always gave him.

"I'm still going to miss you so much," Alana confessed as she inhaled the sweet scent of his cologne lingering on his t-shirt. She knew not all weekends would be spent with Nick flying to whatever destination to meet her. It was far too costly and far too inconvenient for him. But she could relish in the thought of him being with her three days. For three days. Then, maybe the tour wouldn't seem so bad.

"I'm going to miss you, too," Nick whispered, kissing the top of her head. He had already planned on bringing Zachary to bed with him, knowing it would be miserably cold if he were to sleep there all alone. Alana was probably not aware that he had slipped some of her worn t-shirts from the laundry to hopefully sate Zachary when he got cranky, knowing that only his mother's scent would calm the child. And him as well.

"If you need me, you'll make sure to call me, right?" Alana questioned hopefully as she leaned back ever so slightly to look into his deep sapphire eyes. While he had slept earlier that morning, she had taken one of his old t-shirts and crafted it into a makeshift pillowcase for the road. Having the smell of his t-shirt would comfort her during the nights that she couldn't snuggle up next to him and rest her head on his chest.

"I will," Nick promised with a slight smile, reaching up to smooth a damp lock from her forehead. "You'll text me when you get to New York, right?"

"Probably before we get there," Alana admitted as she heard the distant bickering of a female and male. Looking over Nick's shoulder, she noticed Brian and Leighanne finally emerging from the arena. Baylee's sleeping form was draped over Brian's shoulder as he attempted to get Leighanne to hold him, but the woman blatantly refused. Holding her breath, she looked back to Nick, refusing to give them a second thought. "Make sure you have your phone on vibrate so it don't wake up, Zachie."

"I will," Nick promised, pulling her back into a close hug. His throat closed up with emotion suddenly, realizing that it would be days before he was able to hold her again.

"Make sure Aar and Les know that they can call me whenever they want, too," Alana continued to advise, tucking her chin against his shoulder while squeezing her eyes shut. She didn't know how this turnabout had happened. How she had become so convinced that she couldn't part with a man for one day instead of wanting to be locked away in her own morbid loneliness. But, now, she feared the loneliness.

"Leslie's probably going to start dialing as soon as you lay down to go to sleep," Nick mused, squeezing her waist gently. "I love you so much, Beautiful--"

"Sweetie? It's time to roll out," Howie announced from the door of the bus.

Alana glanced back to Howie to hear the roar of the engines fire as Natalie stepped down off the steps after giving him a large hug. She winced at the finalization of the whole process, looking back to Nick with what she hoped was a confident smile. Ducking down, she grasped the carrier into her hands, lifting it to place several kisses to Zachary's face before Natalie took it. "You better go get Zachie to bed. He's all scrunched in that infant carrier."

"I'll go put him in the car," Natalie murmured to Nick before wrapping her arm around Alana. Squeezing her eyes shut to keep the tears from coming, she pressed a kiss against her friend's cheek. "Knock'em dead, 'Lana. Call me. I'll call you. Something like that," she sniffled, wrapping her other arm around Alana when she felt Nick take Zachary's carrier. "I love you."

"I love you, too," Alana promised as she hugged Natalie tightly, blowing a raspberry of a kiss to the side of her friend's face. She heard a sniffle of a laugh, causing her to do the same as she blinked back tears. Having all men on the road didn't seem to affect Alana negatively. In fact, she truly did enjoy spending time with the opposite sex. But not having Natalie with her was like asking her to remove a limb. "Take care of yourself and enjoy your vacation. And please take care of my boys."

"I'll take care of them," Natalie assured her, reaching to brush away her tears with her fingers. Squeezing Alana tightly once more, she stepped back, quickly reaching to brush the tears away from the younger woman's face. "You take care of my boys, too…"

"Like they were my own," Alana agreed with a small nod, laughing through the tears as she batted Natalie's hands away. Leaning forward, she kissed her best friend once more, watching her reach for Zachary to take him back to the car to get buckled.

"Take care of yourself," Nick began, pulling her into a hug once more. Wanting to make sure he got it all out, he began to rattle on, "Don't let AJ get too fresh. Don't let them overwork you. Take your vitamins, remember to get plenty of rest--"

"Play naked with Alex. Work as hard as you can till you pass out. Screw the vitamins. Late night parties are the key. Don't binge drink unless Alex is holding your hair so you can't drown in the toilet--" Alana stopped when she felt Nick grow taut against her. "Too much?" she guessed innocently.

"You're not funny," he muttered, tilting her head back for a slow kiss.

"I thought I was," she defended with a wrinkle of her brow, though it seemed to smooth at the soft pressure of his lips. Reaching up, she framed his face with her hands and tenderly lost herself within the kiss. The mere taste of him offering her a calming element. But she couldn't resist outlining his lips with the tip of her tongue before exploring his mouth for a soft stroke of tongues.

"I love you," he whispered brokenly, curling his fingers in her hair. "More than you'll ever know--"

"I love you more," she murmured, hearing Howie call for her once more. "I better go…"

"I know," he whispered, steeling himself for the coldness that would come when she stepped away. Willing himself not to cry. "Text me."

"I will," she vowed, reaching up to press small kisses to either of his cheeks before holding her breath and pulling out of his embrace. Unable to look back, for fear of hear heart shattering, she hurriedly climbed onto the tour bus.

Shoving his hands into his pockets, Nick watched for her face to appear at the window, offering her a brave smile when she pressed a hand against the glass. Swallowing back his tears, he pulled one hand free to wave slowly, turning to watch the bus' slow progress out the parking lot. He kept his gaze on the bus as it motored down the alley behind the arena, letting his tears fall when the taillights disappeared around the corner.

Watching Nick continue to watch the road where the busses had traveled, Natalie felt her heart fall to the pit of her stomach, knowing he couldn't be taking the separation well. He had already told her of leaving to go to Atlantic City in three days, but that meant three entire days that he would be without Alana. The depth of his emotional attachment to the woman was easy to see as Natalie reached to take hold of his shoulder, leaving Zachary nestled in the warmth of the car. He had never loved anyone as deeply as he loved Alana. She had combined into his soul in ways that no one could imagine, melting into his essence as if she were part of him. And, there was no way to heal the heartache of her leaving. Though Natalie persisted. "Hey, Nicky, want to go get some cheesy pizza?"

"I'm not hungry," he mumbled softly, though he let her turn him towards the car. She was really gone. He would be without her for three miserable days. Letting his tears continue to fall without hindrance, he sighed, glancing towards Natalie when she opened the door for him. "…Did you say pizza?"

"Cheesy pizza," she corrected, arching her brows to see if that might interest him. "So cheesy you pick up a pizza and the cheesy just topples onto the plate or your fingers, knowing you--"

"Call in the order and we'll pick it up on the way home," Nick interrupted softly as he climbed into the car. Glancing back to make sure Zachary was asleep, he eased the door shut, pulling out his cell phone to switch it to vibrate. Staring at the screen for a moment as Natalie climbed in next to him, he wondered when Alana would text him.

Thinking it probably wouldn't be until the next day, after she had the proper rest, he sighed hard and reached to close his phone. Only, when the vibration hit his hands, he yelped in horror and flung the phone toward the dash. Natalie screeched in surprise as she revved the engine, causing the tires to squeal when she pressed on the gas in 'park.' Groaning, Nick dove for the phone to throw it open before leaning back to assure himself that Zachary had slept through that disaster. But, everything seemed to turn to smiles when he read her message - Damn good thing I'm on the road for 2 days. Barricaded myself in the bunk with zombie movies, games, and Meatloaf songs! No sleep tonight! Whoo!

"God, I love her," he murmured, tilting the phone so Natalie could read the message when she leaned close. When she gave him a smile and turned away, he quickly replied – I miss you. Tell AJ to get out of your bunk, right?

The message was instantaneous - Fool, I'm AJ-Free!

Nick rolled his eyes, sending a short death threat to AJ's phone before replying to Alana's message – What are you wearing?

There was a hesitation before his cellular phone vibrated once more - …Why?

Nick glanced towards Natalie when she stopped at the light, noticing that she was busy placing the order for their pizza. – I'm horny and it'll help with the visuals later.

When Natalie looked away to assure that she had the right of way at the stop sign and finishing the conversation with the pizza place, Nick hurriedly scrolled his message - Just my blue racer-back tank with those blue striped boy-cut bottoms that kinda show what little butt cheeks I have and bare feet - Wouldn't a picture be better?

"Damn," Nick whined, immediately conjuring up the mental image of her wearing that exact outfit. Fumbling to reply, he cleared his throat several times in a row. – That's fine. A picture might send me over the edge right now.

"What's wrong?" Natalie immediately questioned, glancing over her shoulder toward Nick with worry.

"Nothing. Nothing at all--"

"What'd 'Lana say?"

"That she's wearing her blue tank top with the blue striped short underwear--"

"The ones that give just a little peak at her butt-cheeks?!"

"Would you mind not creaming your panties in my car?!"

Natalie was about to throw a witty comment back at Nick when his phone vibrated once more. Flipping it open, he was surprised to find a photograph instead of a text message. Clicking to open it, Nick was quite shocked to find Alana's bare sumptuous breasts displayed on the small screen of his phone with the smallest of messages over the right breast with a heart followed by 'you.'

"Fuck me," Nick groaned, reaching to make a quick adjustment. Shifting slightly in the seat as Natalie pulled away from the light, he stared at the photo for a long moment, unconsciously wetting his lips before replying. - Ditto.

He somehow hoped that she'd reply with her funny little giggle of amusement, though it would probably turn into a blasé 'LOL' or some other form of cyber chat. It wouldn't be the real giggle that caused him to smile as if the world were Heaven. But when the phone vibrated once more, he was shocked to find another picture to accompany her teasing. This time, she had slid down her boy-cut bottoms to reveal the sensuous curvature of her creamy caramel hip tapering against her bare pubic bone, writing another message to him in her favorite purple pen - a heart followed by the words 'you more.'

"What'd she say this time?" Natalie questioned, glancing over to see Nick practically salivating over the display screen of his phone. When he remained quiet, she rolled her eyes, turning her attention back onto the street as she tried to decide the quickest way to get to the pizza parlor. However, upon hearing his soft whine, she glanced back. "Nicky-What are you doing?!"

"It's her fault!" Nick gasped in disbelief, his cheeks beat red with a heavy flush of embarrassment. His one hand held tight to the phone, keeping the last image of Alana frozen on the phone. His other hand trailed down to the straining bulge in his jeans, rubbing tenderly to alleviate the pressure.

"What are you, twelve? You can't wait to get home and do that in the bathroom or something? You know, someplace where I won't have to see it?!" Natalie asked in bewilderment, quickly averting her eyes to the street.

"Well consider this you're lucky day!" Nick hissed, fumbling with the buttons of his fly.

"Nicky!"

Nick looked to Natalie as if to say something smart and meaningful, but the phone vibrated in his hand and pulled away from the last picture Alana had sent. Groaning while his hand paused at the fly of his jeans, he glanced up to read the message - Will that satisfy you for one night, Handsome? 'Cause Alex is coming back from the bathroom…

"Fuck me sideways," he growled, hand stilling halfway inside his jeans.

Natalie glanced over as she pulled to a stop in front of the pizza parlor. "…You want to run in and get the pizza?"

"Fuck no, you go," he demanded.

"Do you have some money for me, then?" she inquired, holding out her hand. Completely enjoying his embarrassment as well as his irritation. "My purse is in the back--"

"Damnit, Natalie!" Nick cursed as he reached into his back pocket for his wallet. With a trembling hand, he snatched a few bills from the middle, thrusting them toward Natalie's hand. Though, when he felt the slickness of his churning juices on his fingers from grasping the bills. "The dampness is no extra charge."

Natalie wrinkled her nose in disgust, pinching the very corners of the bills between her thumb and forefinger. Rolling them up to avoid touching the moisture, she offered him a glare before glancing back to make sure Zachary continued to sleep peacefully. "Don't worry, Nicky," she cooed, reaching to open the door. "I'll be sure and hump your pillow before you get into bed."

"Then you'll rub the smell of Alana off it!" Nick whined.

"Then I'll hump my pillow and throw it into your bed!" Natalie decided before hopping out.

"You probably already do! It's probably got a damn bald spot!"

"At least I ain't humping you," she shot back, flipping him off before shutting the door.

"Give it a few fucking days…" he grumbled.

*~*~*

Rolling from the bunk with a catlike stretch, AJ lazily scratched his stomach as he shuffled towards the front of the bus, reaching to grab his cigarettes from the kitchenette table. Beside the pack was a lugubrious list of all the many illnesses and effects of cigarette smoking, and he recognized from the purple ink who had written it. Sighing, he shuffled on, grateful the bus had stopped so he could have a smoke. Glancing back, he saw Howie stumbling towards the bathroom, and assumed Alana was asleep as he stepped out into the warm morning sun. Brian was pacing in the parking lot of the large truck stop, cell phone pressed to his ear. "Yo, Rok!" AJ bellowed before lighting up. "Who are you calling at the ass-crack of dawn?!"

"No one!" Brian yelped as he fumbled to disconnect the phone call as well as snap the phone shut, only succeeding in throwing the expensive piece of technology to the pavement. Cursing his luck when he heard the sickening crack mixed with AJ's raspy cackle, he bent down to scoop the phone up, hoping the damage wasn't severe. It wasn't as if he hadn't been trying to get in touch with Natalie since she stormed off from him. But, whenever he got a moment of peace to call, she never answered and getting to her oh-so-sweet voice mail message was just painful to say the very least. It wasn't as if he enjoyed the separation, he thought as he gazed to his tour bus, hearing the loud screech of Baylee followed by Leighanne's abrasive chastising. He suddenly hoped it was the hormones.

"She won't even answer when Howie calls, man. What makes you think she's going to pick up when she sees your name on the caller ID?" AJ questioned as he sat on the bottom step. Glancing towards Brian's bus when the door opened, he raised one brow when Baylee burst through it, feet scrambling before they hit the pavement.

"I 'TAYIN' WIT' 'LANA!" the boy announced at the top of his lungs, dragging his Spongebob Squarepants backpack behind him as he trundled towards AJ.

"That bus is packed, Snot Face," AJ disinclined with a shake of his head, holding his cigarette out to the side to flick away the building ashes at the end of the stick. "Your Uncle Howie is still throwing a fit because I'm in there with Al, so what makes you think that you get special privileges--"

"'Cause he don't smoke," Alana yawned as she appeared behind AJ, having hopped out of her bunk when she heard the commotions outside. Just wanting to walk around a bit outside to stretch her aching legs, she whined at AJ's hindrance, impatiently stepping over him.

"Scooper," Brian sighed as Baylee shoved his backpack into AJ's lap before curling his arms around Alana's legs.

"I no 'moke, 'Lana. I want'a 'tay wit' you," Baylee pleaded. "Make JJ 'tay wit' her an' Daddy?"

"What'd she do to you this morning?" Alana inquired with a disheartened sigh, leaning down to scoop the boy into her arms. Curling one hand within his long, platinum curls, she brought his face close for several warm kisses before helping him to settle against her hip. Leaning against the bus, she glanced sideways at the sound of a door slamming. Sure enough, Leighanne came stomping down the stairs in a flurry of a hysterical fit. Her bleached locks wild as she tugged furiously at them, stomping her feet with every step as if that would emphasize her anger. Fighting not to roll her eyes, Alana buried her face in Baylee's neck for a playful raspberry.

"HER BEAT ME WITH A WOODEN SPOON!" Baylee wailed, diving from Alana's arms to land in AJ's lap when he saw Leighanne. Hoping to avoid her, he crawled over AJ's head, scrambling onto the bus for safety.

"Leighanne!" Brian breathed in shock, immediately moving to block her path.

"Don't you even try to tell me how to discipline my son, Brian. He was misbehaving and, of course, you weren't there to take care of it! Not that you do any discipline in the first damn place. Now he knows better than to raise his voice at me and he's also going to be punished for running out of the bus--"

"Holy fuck!" AJ gasped as Alana crawled over him quickly to chase after Baylee, immediately reaching to cup his now tender crotch though he was far more concerned over the sharp sobs exploding from within the bus.

"Get back on the bus, Leighanne," Brian warned, blue eyes crackling with anger when she moved to step past him. Stopping her with a hand on her arm, he glared at her when she raised her other hand to slap him. "Do it and you can fucking walk home."

Leighanne reeled back in surprise. "Brian--"
"Get me a fucking wooden spoon! I'm going to beat her upside the head so damn bad that she's going to be spitting bloody splinters for years!" Alana suddenly exploded, hurdling out of her bus with the speed of a bat being chased from Hell. She had coaxed Baylee into letting her see the hurt on his bottom, hoping some ice might help. But as she eased his shorts down to find spots of blood, the rage took control. Leaping over AJ, she clenched her fists in rage as she marched up to Leighanne, having no qualms about throwing a heavy right hook into the woman's surgically enhanced face. "What gives you the damn right? Who the Hell are you that you think you can terrify a child by beating him into submission! You over-priced-two-faced-piece-of-shit-hunk-of-fucking-plastic-corroded-cunt?! You ever touch that little boy again, so help me God, I'll fucking kill you--"

"Holy fuck!" AJ gasped once more, dropping his forgotten cigarette to the asphalt as Brian quickly backed away from the two women. Leaping to his feet, he quickly caught Alana's arm before she could slam her fist into Leighanne's jaw. Wrapping his arms tightly around her to gain control, he took several steps back, glancing to see Brian jerking Leighanne away as well. "Easy, Babe…"

"She fucking beat him so hard that he started bleeding! That kid ain't going to be able to sit for a damn week!" Alana seethed as she was bear hugged tightly into AJ's arms, physically lifted in the air to keep her from dragging him forward. She writhed tightly against him, clawing at his hands in attempts to get free. She had been victim to that punishment far too many times. She had seen too many children meeting the same atrocities in their lifetime. To have Baylee sobbing in her bunk was unacceptable. Tears of frustration sprung to her electrified turquoise eyes. "You don't even deserve to have the title of mother!"

"He's bleeding?" Brian hissed in disgust, slamming his wife against the side of the bus. Reaching over, he flung the door open, so enraged he nearly threw her inside. Knowing she would no doubt begin to cry about abuse but not caring, he slammed the door in her face when she moved to stand.

"Get the fuck off me, AJ!" Alana cursed in a ragged breath as she threw her weight against his arms, stumbling slightly when the hold broke and she found herself on the asphalt. Heaving a furious sob, she pushed herself up and started to move back toward her tour bus. She noticed AJ step back with his hands in the air, seeing that the danger was gone. But she didn't care, never even bothering to confirm Brian's question.

"Alana, wait--"

"'Rok, don't piss her off, I can't hold her like that again, she's a strong little fucker," AJ wheezed as he collapsed to the ground.

Brian watched, helpless, as Alana stormed back onto her bus, wincing when the door slammed forcefully behind her. "Fuck me sideways… Where'd I go wrong, J?"

"I think it's when you dumped her best friend for a… What'd Al call her? A corroded cunt?"

"Plastic corroded cunt," Brian corrected with a sigh. "I didn't dump Natalie, Aje. I'm simply trying to do the right thing--"

"Letting Snot Face getting whacked with a wooden spoon? I know the kid needs discipline, but fuck--"

"I had no idea she was going to do that," Brian defended, quirking a brow when Alana's bus door opened once again. Howie appeared, sleepy-eyed but looking murderous, causing Brian to gulp nervously. Watching as a backpack and mound of clothes hit the pavement, he glanced towards AJ when Howie shut the door without a word.

"Your bitch of an estranged wife just got me kicked off one of the most fabulous tour busses ever created! Do you fucking realize that Al goes to bed every fucking night braless and in a pair of underwear? Nothing else! Nothing fucking else touching that body! And since Dicky's gone, she needs someone to cuddle with! And she likes to walk around like that for most of the day, just lounging around! Now your son, who is completely oblivious to the juiciness of this, is taking my spot!" AJ exploded with disbelief as he scrambled to his feet. "Where's that fucking spoon Al was talking about, I'm going to shove it so far up Leighanne's ass, she'll be spitting splinters--"

"Get your shit and get on the fucking bus," Brian interrupted with a scowl, turning to return to his own bus as Alana's roared to life.

"Don't bitch at me 'cause your wife's a vile piece of--"

"Fine. Then you can walk home," Brian decided, bracing himself for the fight he knew would start when he opened the door.