- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know it's been a REALLY long time since I updated this but I was bored and decided to finally sit down and do some writing! Hope you enjoy!
Chapter Four: Complications, Shmomplications

**Drew**

My twin is certifiably insane. Seriously I love my sister. She's my other half but dear God she needs to stop over thinking everything.

This whole open relationship shite is just so completely stupid. I mean I realize why she's doing it, but I cannot believe Nick is going along with it. But then again get as much ass as he wants and still have Evan as his girlfriend... yeah I don't see where any guy would turn that down.

Okay I can see where Nick would turn it down. Mainly because if he's getting laid without Evan, that means she's getting some without him. And that ladies and gentlemen is not going to sit very well with him for long. I know him, and he's possessive. Not to the point of violence of course, but as I recall he HATED hearing about Evan with any other guy. If a guy that is what Evan considers attractive talks to her in front of Nick, he tries his best to behave to not go all green eyed monster on everyone but you can see in his eyes that he does not like another man even close to her. He can handle it if she's friendly with the guy, like Connor or Nate. Nick hated Connor at first. Especially if Connor would try to mark his territory with Evan by putting his arm around her or trying to be affectionate back when Nick was ‘just a friend'.

Evan soon realized that she didn't really like Connor that much as more than friends. So she let him down easy. It hurt him a lot to hear that she wasn't that interested but I think he's using that disappointment to channel into the music. Ever since then he's been extremely dedicated to the band, which is awesome of course, the guy is one of the best bassists in the business.

Nick would ask me all the time if I knew of what Evan thought of him. Ah, those memories, so amusing I swear. I loved torturing the guy about his huge crush on my sister. I wouldn't tell him anything about what she felt until I knew for sure he wasn't going to hurt her. She's been hurt too many times by assholes and I was hoping that he would be good for her. And he is, true they fought a lot and argued and accused each other over stupid things, but it was because they were so afraid of getting hurt that they let tabloid rumors go to their heads. Although they did never confirm nor deny that they were a couple, but the tabs figured it out pretty damn quick that there was something more than friendship brewing between the two of them.

I guess it's kind of funny looking back on it now. Just as Evan and Nick were breaking up I met my girlfriend Harley. Yeah her dad's a Hell's Angel so you can guess where her name came from. She's my girl, completely sweet and beautiful, completely understands my love of music and my close relationship with my sisters. Harley's my world, so much so that I'm flying her out on tour soon because I miss her so much. I guess she's not my typical girl, normally I go for the Irish looking girl, red hair, blue or green eyes, fair skin. However Harley is exotic looking, tall, curvy, long black hair, piercing brown eyes and a deep natural tan. She's part Cuban, and part Greek. Pretty amazing combination if you ask me. Her mother is simply amazing, a real biker chick along with her father. But Harley, as much as she loves motorcycles, she's not that tough girl you'd expect her to be. She's got a softness to her demeanor that makes you just want to kiss the hell out of her.

Okay, okay I'm completely head over heels in love with her. I'm planning on asking her to marry me. Hell I think we'll elope. Her parents would think it would be cool. My parents...that's another story...Mom would be pissed if we didn't have a Catholic wedding and Dad would be fuming if the Marine Corps band doesn't play at the reception.

But yeah Harley is my love; my life and I would die to make her into my wife. Hmmm maybe I should write a song about that?

I glance over at my sisters, God how did I get so lucky? I have two beautiful, talented and wonderful sisters whom I'd do anything for. I know it sounds stupid and trite but honestly I love them. Evan is my twin, we've shared nearly everything together growing up it was like having this best friend instilled from birth. And frankly I loved it. Yeah we fought but honest to God that was rare. And then Caitlin? I was afraid when she was first born that Evan wouldn't care about me anymore since she had a little girl to play with, but Evan included me with everything we'd do with Caitie. Not many of us could deal with the move to Ireland, and having Caitie made it that much easier on Evie and I. But still having sisters has given me a glimpse into the mind of a woman, and sorry boys but they're a lot like us. They have the same needs we do. Yeah they're more in tune with their emotions but still, everyone's got emotional and physical needs don't they?

***Evan***

Physical needs...guh I hate them. I'm so horny right now I could scream. And the worst part about that....I'm about to go on Much Music and answer questions when all I want to do is either grab a groupie, or well call Nick. Actually I really just want to call Nick. Is that completely plonker-ish of me? I mean come on I can fuck whomever I want...yet all I want is a blonde boy whose in New York while I'm up here in Toronto. It's a cold day in Hell. I, Evan Marie Devereaux am so head over heels for one guy...that I don't even want anyone else. I think it's just so pathetic of me to just want one guy. I'm a rockstar I should be knee-deep in hot as hell groupies. It's not fidelity, drugs and rock and roll now is it? Didn't think so.

All I need is five minutes...just...

"Ev...? They're calling us." Drew told me getting an amused look on his face. Honestly sometimes I hated having a twin. He knew me just too well. I heard cheering and grinned I love my fans.

"Welcome everyone to the show, how's the tour going so far?" The VJ asked grinning at all of us. Man I miss Much Music they are always  so awesome.

"Great." I answered along with the guys. This is the one thing I hate about televised live interviews. No matter how many times, how many different places, it's all the same. Trying to put a fresh spin on the same tired answer to the same tired questions.

"So...little surprise for you guys...we're going to let the fans ask the questions." The VJ announced making everyone scream. Fuck.

Okay I can totally handle this, our fans have a tendency of asking the penetrating questions about our personal lives. Back in 2003 when Nick and I were first together they'd ask all kinds of questions...especially the girls. Some guys would be like ‘I can be better than some loser pop star.' Uh huh sure...that's why I'm with him is because he's in the largest selling pop band ever.  People are seriously stupid sometimes when it comes to fame. Yeah him being famous and all allowed him to get near me faster but honestly I'm a huge believer in fate and I believe he was brought into my life...to prepare me for what's to come. Sad to say but our relationship back then let me get a bit of publicity for the band. I hated the fact that it did. But it let me see how fickle fame can be and you know I learned that you got to be ahead of the game to keep your band fresh. And that's all we've done we were emo before emo was cool then we changed to more gothic rock on our last album and damn did we start hitting it big. Our faster songs ended up in movies, as well as a few ballads. All of these songs were extremely personal and never once did I think someone could use it in a movie. Hearing my voice in a movie theater with Ben Affleck and Jen Garner on the screen? HELL YEAH! Nick was so proud especially since it was a comic book movie.

I watched as everyone calmed down and I sighed here we go. "First question comes from Aaron from right here in Toronto. He asks..."

***Nick***

"SHH!!" I practically yell at everyone I really wanted to hear this interview. We had an hour in between interviews and I really wanted to hear and see Evan on television and fuck...she looks good.

"Before making music what did you guys do to make money?"

I rolled my eyes, fans sometimes ask the STUPIDEST and most mundane questions but hell you can have fun with the fans that way can't ya? I watched Evan and Drew exchange a glance uh oh. I know that look that means they've got blackmail on each other. I loved it whenever they'd look at each other like that. It usually meant one of two things, they're planning a practical joke, or...they're gonna tell funny stories about each other.

"Well I know that Evie and I used to work at the local McDonalds at home in Ireland." He replied you could totally hear the accent come out when he pronounced Ireland. I loved their accent, it was just so...comfortable I guess.

"Yeah I worked ten minutes with a fryer and I quit, no human being should be subjected to that kind of torture!" Evan added laughing a little. It was a bit hard to imagine...Evan in a McDonalds uniform? Ha! She'd probably have the sleeves rolled up, had a pack of cigarettes in one sleeve or one of the pockets and have the hat on backwards knowing her.

"I think Connor's got the most interesting." Drew added as well.

Connor blushed slightly, damn never as long as I've known him I've never seen him do that before. "Mine is working at my dad's club as a waiter."

"And what kind of club Con?" Evan retorted with a snarky grin.

"My dad owns a strip joint in Tampa he put me to work at 18." Connor admitted.

Shit I didn't even know that! In a way though it its, how he's so good with women. He probably learned from strippers how to treat women. Odd I know but he's remarkably respectable to women always being the good guy in their lives. He was the same with Evan before I met her.

Which I'm eternally grateful for; I know he and I sort of clashed a bit at first but I realize now that he was only doing it to make sure I wouldn't hurt her. That, right there is completely admirable. And then you add in the fact that he restored her faith in men after everything she went through...Pretty much he's an okay guy in my book.

"Next up we have John from Ontario and his question is ‘if you could sleep with any celebrity who would it be and why?'"

Oh dear God...seriously?! I mean I've been asked similar questions over the years but damn you'd think there would be some difference from the teenies and their questions and serious rock fans! I heard the normal guy answers from all of the guys, Scarlet, Julia, Angelina...Jessica Simpson...or as I like to call her Tits McGee. Then it was Ev's turn...and honestly I've learned never to expect anything from her, or to predict anything but I'd think she'd say something like Jensen Ackles, David Boreanez (yes she's a total sci-fi freak so Supernatural and Angel...they rank as some of her favorite shows.)

But...then again it's Evan I should really learn not to expect anything from her anymore.

She bit her bottom lip grinning deviously then cocked her head to the side and replied...."Jessica Alba...." As soon as the words flew out of her mouth everyone in both rooms, hers, and mine looked at her in shock. Then the guys all looked at me surprised expressions on their faces and a shrugged, smirking.

"Guess we have that in common..." I remarked. It was about all I can even think of to say because right now in my head...the image of those two is permanently moved into the front of my consciousness...Fuck me that would be hot.

"Any reason why you say the lovely Miss Alba?" The VJ asked with an equally shocked expression trying to mask it with a smile.

Evan shrugged, she fucking shrugged! "I don't know I mean she's hot...definitely has the whole sweet girl next door, who could kick your arse so I kind of find that attractive. As far as males are concerned, I have a lot of male celebrity crushes but I don't think I would say I'd go around boinking with any of them." She replied chuckling to herself.

Yeah, and then it would get out into the tabloids which Evan and I are definitely not fans of by any means. We had a tough enough time the first time around keeping our relationship from the tabloids, which I still think one of my friends at home in Florida ratted us out...probably was Bean. Note to self: never tell him anything in confidence.

But still the tabloids are well the tabs. Sometimes they're accurate, most of the time they are not. They were dead on that she and I were an item, and dead wrong that we were cheating on each other.

And being young dumb and completely head over heels and thousands of miles apart made us both believe it. So why do we think we can avoid that this time around? Are we really any smarter, wiser, more mature than just a couple of years ago?

I mean who are we kidding? Shit, I should call her, get myself out of this funk I'm in.

**Evan**

Thank God this interview is over...Seriously I love my fans but sometimes I'd rather hear them cheering and singing along than doing any amount of thinking or speaking. The questions were...different that's for sure but couldn't they think of something that related to the music?
The music is why we get to go on the television shows, do the tours, make money, meet the fans, and so forth. But all they could think to ask is what celebrity we want to shag?

So I came up with a generic answer, Jessica Alba. A surefire way to get them all twisted in their knickers for sure. I could have said Nick, because he's a celebrity and I do want to shag him and obviously I have in the past. But then again that would open a whole new can of worms that I really don't want to get into on a national television show.

So why Jessica Alba...it's not that I find her particularly hot or anything or any reason why I said on the show but it's because I knew it'd be shocking and different for a girl to say she'd totally have sex with another girl. And I'm sure it's going to get Nick's motor running, like every other male on the planet she's one of the hundreds of girls that flash through his head when he considers the hotness factor of another girl. Although she's no Angelina Jolie (who in my opinion is hotter).

But still not the point...I said it because it was shocking and different than saying Jude Law or someone like that. After all half the battle in this business is all about publicity. There is no such thing as bad publicity, and I'm sure I'm going to get a phone call later from Mom. Dad will never ask the question, he's a military bloke...you know don't ask, don't tell is definitely his policy.

I know that maybe saying a chick wasn't the best idea, it's definitely going to get the rumor mill going into overdrive thinking I could be switching teams. Which as you know is the farthest thing from the truth.

I realize now that its one more complication I've just added to my life. But at least it keeps the tabloids off the scent of Nick and I. Weird to say that again...Nick and I. I mean we're not a couple, we are but we aren't at the same time.

Lord all this complexity in my life, complexity that I brought on is making my head hurt.

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading hopefully more to come soon